GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you know your way around, you can get off the first Exit or the second and be on Roosevelt Rd soon after you cross over the Arkansas River. So were it pinged on Roosevelt could be anyones guess. But def Baucum Pike rd would be on one side of the Ar River and then on other side pretty soon able to hit Roosevelt Rd.

Oct 16, Emergency order entered. Oct 17 order is what stated she tested positive for PCP https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=NLE0TPIJ606SFEB45KE7MSQ2TAWREH, Nov 7th order states that on Oct 21 the 5 panel hair follicle test was conducted and neg results on all substances tested https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=V7X5T5MULJGZYHG46WY6I7429BPAKH. WE DONT KNOW the substances that they tested for. I don't know enough about these tests to say much. IIRC i read in the paperwork CL dtr said that AL did meth.

I must be dense or having a blonde moment.... Did she fail a urine test with PCP, but pass a hair follicle test? If so, how on earth is that possible? If it was the other way around, that would make sense as PCP stays in your urine for 72 hrs. How far apart were the tests? Maybe I am just confused.
Certain prescription drugs can skew a drug test causing false positives for illegal drugs, such as in this case with CL. Hair follicle testing is way more accurate than urine testing.

In case it has not become apparent by now, I DO HAVE THICK SKIN and will not be deterred by ANYONE. That was my point. I have many members private messaging me stating they don't like what they see others post about me. Some of the posts were removed before I saw them. I am here for the truth. Nothing more, nothing less. I see a lot of misinformation here that I don't even bother to correct because I don't want to argue with every false thing I see reported here. Everyone has a right to free speech. I just chuckle and move along. It does make for good reading though.

Some things are just so ridiculous that I see posted that I have to comment on them. Such as this hair follicle test. I reported weeks ago that she passed the hair follicle test. Now it's clear that it is in a court document yet because of how some attorney choose to write the paragraph it is questioned. Of course it was fine for those here to bash her when it said in court documents that she failed the original pee test to report that as fact. The truth is out there if you want to see it. Here is where it said she flunked the pee test "5. Upon being drug screened the Plaintiff tested positive for PCP and temporary custody was awarded to the defendant" "6. An expedited hearing will be granted to the Plaintiff if she has submitted to a hair follicle drug screen at A Test Consultants on Broadway in North Little Rock, Arkansas." from the Oct 31 filing. Why would anyone else be hair follicle tested but her? https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=NLE0TPIJ606SFEB45KE7MSQ2TAWREH

I'm holding on to the hope that CL was honest with her friends and this is just a huge misunderstanding. I have known her for many years. She is not the person she is being presented to be here. Carry on.

I haven't seen anyone out and out calling you a liar. I have seen people thinking that perhaps, because you are her friend, you may have a slanted opinion, which would be normal. Who would want to believe a trusted friend could be capable of murder?
Whether she was on drugs or not, is not the deciding factor of whether she could possibly have participated on this crime. Even a person who has never done drugs could be involved in a nefarious plan.
Please try to think for a moment as if you were not her friend. As an insider, you do have a different viewpoint. Try to suspend that relationship for a moment and see how we are thinking.
Now, I can not picture myself ever being in her situation. But, let's pretend for a moment that for some reason, I had fallen into the world of this caliber of person (AL) and gotten caught up in a VERY bad situation. I know she was 'trying to get away' from him. But...she hadn't as of the time of the incident. She was battling for him on Instagram, admittedly knowing full well that he was a criminal, a cheater, and was indeed screwing around with other women online. She still hadn't kicked him to the curb. She was still involved with him So...even if she didn't fancy his type of life, she was still involved. Why do women stay with slimeballs? We don't know, but they do. Until they don't. It seems she hadn't reached that 'I don't" stage quite yet.

So...whatever degree her involvement might have been...if she had for whatever reasons been pulled into this at whatever stage of the game, let's think like her.
IF, and this whole post is on the premise of IF she is guilty of what she has been charged with, she was involved I can see her having a very strong reason to not tell a single living soul what she had done. Friendship is wonderful, but...IF I did something like this, I would not be admitting it to anyone, even my best friend in the world. Friends have a way of leaking things out. If a friend told me in confidence that she was involved in a kidnapping/murder, I would have to go with my morals and conscience and report it. Friend or not, I could not let them slide, especially because then I would be complicit in it. Better for a friend not to know than to ask them to keep a secret, right?
So...of course I would be acting as if I were innocent, setting up timelines, and pointing out to anyone who would listen any reasons I could why I could be viewed as uninvolved.
I do know there are wrongfully charged and convicted people out there and that breaks my heart. Not only for their innocence, but because the real perpetrator is walking around free to strike again. However, I usually see that in cases when the police need to pin it on SOMEBODY, due to public pressure. That was not the case here. They already have someone in custody that admits to being involved. I doubt they will have a hard time proving it, as this jackass is a dumb one, and has run his mouth enough to hang himself already.
I can't see any reason for dragging her into it other than evidence that points to her involvement. No need to.
Also...they have taken their time and gathered enough evidence to formally charge her. I am sorry, but that does carry more weight than her friends saying, "She would never do something like that." Perhaps she wouldn't have, on her own, cooked up a plan to do this. But I think we can agree that her involvement with AL has led her to do things that she perhaps would never have even imagined herself doing. Like fighting on the internet over a man with an extensive criminal background who was openly cheating. Women get dragged down in situations like this, sadly. She, by your own account, was desperate for money. It seems like once she met AL, it was all downhill from there.
Please understand, we are NOT her friends. We can have more of an open mind as to seeing her life disintegrate to the point that she got herself wrapped up in this.
The world has seen time and time again really bad people who have a slew of friends and family saying, "I cannot believe it! The person I knew them to be would NEVER have done something like this." From those who walk away from their families and start a new life to those who are serial killers. In fact, that seems to be the case more times than not.
So...I applaud you again for sharing what you do know. Thank you for that. I just think that perhaps your vision may be clouded by the fact that she is your dear friend and not someone you ever thought could fall so far. For your sake, I truly DO hope that there is a misunderstanding and that the evidence they have carefully gathered enough to get warrants and charge her can be proved not true. But...I ask you to see why we tend to think otherwise.

I wonder if the ping if from Baucum Rd is from what is called Baucum Pike Rd aka Old England Hwy and is HWY 165, which goes to Scott and you get off 165 to 161 and then turn on to Upper Steel Bend Rd. There is also a different road (the one in the picture in your link) It is a totally diff road, its HWY 391 it runs into HWY 70, turn left on Hwy 70 go down a few miles then turn left onto South Kerr.. (confusing as hell road names huh)

IF a person came from Upper Steel Bend Rd, hit Baucum Pike/Old England Hwy/Hwy 165 and drove back towards Interstate 440 got on 440 and went over the Arkansas River and followed it around then at the fork took Interstate 30, Roosevelt Rd would be right there. Personally, if the pings were close in time together, this is the route I think took. JMHO (to add more confusing, if you knew the area, you could get off before the spot where the interstate splits up, at the LR Airport.. and hit Roosevelt)

Google is a friend. Put this in, Upper Steel Bend Rd, Scott AR then directions to University of Arkansas at Little Rock on University Ave LR. (will give you that option) 18.1 miles / 26 min with no traffic. If CL had class at the school or any of the local hospitals that night she could have had ample time to make it to class... jmho

Thanks for giving me this idea... I used mapquest and got driving directions from the house on Old River Road to UALR, and modified the Route to stay on Baucum Pike, and it hits Roosevelt Rd. before ending up at UALR. So... there's a theory. 20.70 miles, 31 minutes without traffic. That could explain the phone pings. But that would mean that CL had the phone with her the whole time.

I guess the 5 panel tested would most likely be as listed below. According to this link, also it answers a question about how long til shows up in hair. From 17th to 21 . Pretty sure they take the hairs used by the roots. Wouldn't you think? I am sure there are many more links, this was just a quick look

What drugs can be detected in a standard hair screen? Cocaine (cocaine & benzoylecgonine), marijuana, opiates (Codeine, Morphine & 6-monacteyl morphine), methamphetamine (Meth/amphetamine & Ecstasy), and phencyclidine (PCP). These five drug classes are mandated for testing by the Federal Government.

How soon after use can a drug be detected in hair? It takes approximately 5-10 days from the time of drug use for the affected hair to grow above the scalp. Body hair growth rates are generally slower. Body hair can be used to determine drug use, but cannot be utilized to define a time frame of drug use.

What is the shortest time period that can be accurately evaluated? The minimum time period is approximately one month (1/2 inch). Due to variability of hair growth rates, as well as screening sensitivity limitations, ELISA cannot go back in time to determine if an individual used drugs on a particular day or week.

Read more: http://www.expomed.com/drugtest/hairfaq.htm#ixzz3Ih5Pg3A1

I have this same vehicle. It does have a keyless, passive-type entry system; however, one must have the keyless entry remote in a purse or pocket, or nearby at least. So if this remote were left in her vehicle, then she had to have an additional remote on her person in order to have gotten back into the car once she was ready to leave the house. It does come with 2 remotes.

My husband and I always remove the key fob (which has the lock remote) on it and put it in our pocket when we go into a store, etc. We just don't like toting around the entire set of keys with us. Also, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that since she was in a non-populated area that she didn't feel the need to lock her purse up. She was in a private driveway in what sounds to be a rural setting, not a parking lot, etc.
I also take issue with the fact that people say she would NEVER have gotten in a car with them to go to the next showing. I know, I know, she was a smart lady, etc. However, we have probably all done things that in hindsight, were not the smartest idea, even though we may be very smart people. She may have felt a false sense of security with them. They would have presented as a nice couple, a small family with the mom going to nursing school, etc. They may have mentioned that the daughter went to dance school with her granddaughter, etc. in other words schmoozed her into feeling okay. Besides, if she had never had any problem with other clients, she may not have ALWAYS been in the mindset of thinking, "These people might kidnap and murder me." The point is, we have no way of knowing what her thoughts were. She may have had a temporary lapse of judgement that cost her her life. My point is that NEVER and ALWAYS are two words that get us into trouble when developing theory, especially when they apply to the human mind.
Now, another theory I read earlier on (and I cannot remember where) is that they may have thought of taking her to an office of her husband's business to perhaps gain entry to a safe. Did anyone else ever read that and was that theory ever expanded upon?

I do a lot more reading than posting - but IMHOO - I don't believe this was drug related, robbery, or any type of ransom situation - I am wondering about some type of blackmail/extortion scenario - but then that would involve a lot of sleuthing of anybody and everybody's skeletons which is not allowed here - just a thought -

It had been stated earlier from media reports that Beverly herself had warned fellow Realtors in her office on realtor safety issues stressing that; no matter what, you never ever get in an unknown clients car. Don't have the link now, running out but someone posted it earlier, from an article.

Besides that fact, not just is it unlikely she'd agree to break that cardinal rule of her own... but to then run out, leaving the listed property door open (not even her listing), leaving her purse, wallet and personal belongings in the car - to go see multiple other properties for who knows how long... She doesn't strike me as that careless of a person, or that sloppy of a Realtor. I can see what you're saying about how easy it is to be lured to get into a car sometimes, but given all those other circumstances in this case it feels kind of unlikely, IMO...

Nope, it only means phone pinged on those towers. We don't know YET who was in possession of the phone during those pings. CL viol date was the 29th. Also, I will say this I personally know someone in the Nursing Program at UALR. The clinical's are at various medical facilities around town. Having said that, the time frame/mileage of places I know of them doing clinical's, would be approx. the same.

Also on the times 31 min, well we all know the times on these driving direction programs are diff when your actually driving haha. And I wouldn't be scared to say it didn't take whomever 31 min to drive that particular evening.

I do a lot more reading than posting - but IMHOO - I don't believe this was drug related, robbery, or any type of ransom situation - I am wondering about some type of blackmail/extortion scenario - but then that would involve a lot of sleuthing of anybody and everybody's skeletons which is not allowed here - just a thought -

I tend to be leaning that way as well, and have been. There is a lot to search in the circles of people involved and their lives and relationships are not without some very high drama. We still have so many puzzle pieces not yet on the table IMO.

The test was done on the 2 children listed. Custody was almost given back to CL until she tested positive for PCP https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=NLE0TPIJ606SFEB45KE7MSQ2TAWREH ETA: I believe the 5 follicle test was done on CL, because of this order. Hope I did this correct lol first post
Respectfully disagree. The test was done on CL. No need to test the son, as he had not lived with her in years. Plus any testing of minors would be sealed, as the are minors.

Possible someone other than BC shut her car door and left prints..

Ok, I know this has been said.... But how did she fail a urine test but pass a hair follicle test?? Drugs stay in hair 90 days or more. So not really understanding that.

Maybe AL and CL presented BC with whatever was in the envelope found at CL's house - BC realized these two were up to no good and started to call for help- AL snatched her phone - BC freaked and ran out the front door with AL and CL running after her - they subdued her and threw her in the car and didn't even think to go back and shut the door - I watch entirely toooo much TV lol

Peoples' recollection about things from the past, when there was no significance attached to the event, are not perfect. The gym owner could be incorrect in saying CL only attended 1 competition or other sources could be wrong that she attended more than one competition.
I asked the person I spoke with again, and she tells me that she knows for a fact that CL attended at least two competitions because CL and her daughter were late and they were having to track them down. The point being, even if it was only one time, that's all it would take for them to run across each other.

As to why the owner would downplay this? Her business has been in the news a lot. I would imagine that she would want to limit the exposure. Maybe she also truly doesn't believe that CL could be involved and is trying to help defend her. I dont know what their relationship was, but she must have felt fairly comfortable with CL to have been at her house that Friday night. Unless I'm misinformed about that too.

Ok, I know this has been said.... But how did she fail a urine test but pass a hair follicle test?? Drugs stay in hair 90 days or more. So not really understanding that.
It means she was not on any illegal drugs according to the hair follicle test.
Certain prescription drugs can skew a urine drug test causing false positives for illegal drugs, such as in this case with CL. Hair follicle testing is way more accurate than urine testing.
ETA: NJ said CL has fibromyalgia. I'm assuming she was taking prescriptions for fibro.

Didn't the witness at the Scott address say the vehicles were there at 7pm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum