GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
12 weeks is a lot less than 2 years

actually, we don't know how long, or how much $ the arrears are (and none of our business, not part of case of AL/CL) just that the question say: past-due child support -Arrears greater than 12 weeks? answered NO. So, the arrears were 12 or less. The $100 would be a % of the arrears and added to the current amount.
oops, and I am not trying to be snarky.

I just experimented with my duct tape (I duct tape everything lol) and I can not hold the roll and pull it with one hand. :)

This is not a clue that 2 people were involved IMO. Guns make people comply, simple as that.

She could have been knocked out and then duct taped. Or tied up temporarily with a rope. So, yeah, one person could have done it, but they have had two months to determine the charges and have charged two people with the same thing so it makes sense they were both there. IMO

How do you hold a roll of duct tape in one hand and pull the duct tape loose from the roll with one hand while holding a gun in the other?

So if somebody is pointing a gun at you, and they put it in their pocket briefly to duct tape your wrists together, you would fight back against that person once they put the gun in their pocket? They still have a gun.

So if somebody is pointing a gun at you, and they put it in their pocket briefly to duct tape your wrists together, you would fight back against that person once they put the gun in their pocket? They still have a gun.

I would because I know I got one chance to fight back. Once Im tied up I lost that chance and they will kill me for sure.

I was wondering that. Also, I was wondering if either of them left a fingerprint or hair in the duck tape. I watch a lot of Dateline and Criminal Inv and have seen it happen before. That would be a damning piece of evidence.
Or saliva? I use my teeth sometimes to tear duct tape if both hands are not free.

Remember his oh so very heartfelt interview saying it's not kidnapping if they go willingly?

Pffffft. Do you normally duct tape your guests when they ride in your car?

I would because I know I got one chance to fight back. Once Im tied up I lost that chance and they will kill me for sure.

Maybe that's where the scratches on AL's face come into play...

We don't know what condition Beverly was in when her hands were tied so it doesn't tell us more than 1 person is involved IMO.

Hell yes, because once they've bound me I have lost all hope of escaping.

I don't think the duct tape necessarily points to two people (maybe he knocked her over the head with something first?) but I do find it hard to believe that someone would plan a ransom type alone.

Hell yes, because once they've bound me I have lost all hope of escaping.

Fair enough, but not everybody will react the same way as you in that situation. If you aren't able to get away after fighting with the perp, he's probably going to fight you back until you're in a condition where it will be fairly easy for him to duct tape your hands together.

Ok...so I'm thinking there needs to be some kind of law in place to purchase duct tape since it's used so much in crimes! I don't know about AR, but in OK you can not even buy cans of spray paint without showing your I.d. The clerks have told me they HAVE to enter your I.D. because of people abusing it... huffing, graffiti, etc. Should be same law for duct tape IMO!
ETA: You also have to be 18 to buy spray paint. Another reason to show I.D.

Ok...so I'm thinking there needs to be some kind of law in place to purchase duct tape since it's used so much in crimes! I don't know about AR, but in OK you can not even buy cans of spray paint without showing your I.d. The clerks have told me they HAVE to enter your I.D. because of people abusing it... huffing, graffiti, etc. Should be same law for duct tape IMO!

They are just entering your DOB, they aren't entering in any information about who you are. Like an alcohol or tobacco sale.

As would I! IF the gun was in the pockets and my hands were free and the person was alone, I would seize the opportunity to attack them and attempt to get the gun. I would rather go out of this life fighting, then not trying. My dad (Former LE) always said if you ever get abducted and see an opportunity, go for it.

Remember his oh so very heartfelt interview saying it's not kidnapping if they go willingly?

Pffffft. Do you normally duct tape your guests when they ride in your car?

Thats exactly what I was going to say. They are both liars. Looking forward to the story tomorrow.

According to witnesses there were 2 vehicles at the house in Scott ...
the truck was there first I believe, then a car was seen backed up to the house ...
Have wondered if the fumes from the car suffocated her when she was in the trunk ...

ETA: 3 vehicles counting BC's...

Fair enough, but not everybody will react the same way as you in that situation. If you aren't able to get away after fighting with the perp, he's probably going to fight you back until you're in a condition where it will be fairly easy for him to duct tape your hands together.

I agree that we dont know her condition. But fighting the perp? Heck ya. Im in awe of the little girl that just got abducted a few weeks ago. She fought and screamed and kicked the windows out on the car. I feel if they are evil enough to kidnap you, your chances of them letting you go are slim because you can recognize them. Dont go out without a fight. Dont make their job easy. Leave marks on them. Bite. scratch. Do what you can. If they have a gun, they are going to use it anyway. Take a chance and run if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donald Redfield