GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...so I'm thinking there needs to be some kind of law in place to purchase duct tape since it's used so much in crimes! I don't know about AR, but in OK you can not even buy cans of spray paint without showing your I.d. The clerks have told me they HAVE to enter your I.D. because of people abusing it... huffing, graffiti, etc. Should be same law for duct tape IMO!
ETA: You also have to be 18 to buy spray paint. Another reason to show I.D.

I buy so much super glue and duct tape Id be high on their list of suspects if it was regulated. :(

According to witnesses there were 2 vehicles at the house in Scott ...
the truck was there first I believe, then a car was seen backed up to the house ...
Have wondered if the fumes from the car suffocated her when she was in the trunk ...

ETA: 3 vehicles counting BC's...

Yes, thinking the same thing. Fumes, asphyxiation or heart attack while in the trunk or at the location where she was held. It would line up with the duct tape and his insistence that the death was in his mind accidental.

This is the first I have read of duct tape and it turns my stomach.
Mine too! Why release this info 2 days before Thanksgiving? I think the Carter family has been dealt enough already. Yes, I've been curious about how everything happened---now I'm not so sure I want to know details as far as her death is concerned. Just lock me in a cell with AL for about 30 minutes and let me go full blown Oklahoma on him!!

Yes, thinking the same thing. Fumes, asphyxiation or heart attack while in the trunk or at the location where she was held. It would line up with the duct tape and his insistence that the death was in his mind accidental.

Along the lines of accidental death, I was thinking a taser might also be a cause of that.

I dont think this is a good visual to put out there right at the holidays when the Carter family will be suffering enough pain already. It makes me ill. I can only imagine what this will do to them. :(

Id bet there are fingerprints on the tape though. Hard not to get them on it. These werent the brightest criminals.

I would think the Carter family is probably aware of a lot more details than we are, so they likely already knew this. At least I hope that's the case.

I dont think this is a good visual to put out there right at the holidays when the Carter family will be suffering enough pain already. It makes me ill. I can only imagine what this will do to them. :(

Is it possible that the Carter family has known this all along? Hoest question, because I don't know how these things work.

I agree on the visual. But I would go as far to say that BC family if being kept up to date (as much as possible) on what is going on.I feel sure the family knows a lot that has not been reported, as in cause of death and so much other. They will, not be saying anything unless told its ok to, as not to hurt the case. Especially since this is a high profile-media reported case. Yes its sad that it comes out right before Thanksgiving.. but my honest opinion, any time will be a hard time. The positive for BC family is that FORMAL Charges were filed and they were not downgraded. Just my honest opinion. Also, wondering if the formal charges being filed against AL and CL, does this mean that there isn't a possibility of any other involvement by others. Just praying for as much of the whole truth as possible to come out.

Is it possible that the Carter family has known this all along? Hoest question, because I don't know how these things work.

They watched the interview with AL behind bars before it was released. Hopefully they are aware.

I agree on the visual. But I would go as far to say that BC family if being kept up to date (as much as possible) on what is going on.I feel sure the family knows a lot that has not been reported, as in cause of death and so much other. They will, not be saying anything unless told its ok to, as not to hurt the case. Especially since this is a high profile-media reported case. Yes its sad that it comes out right before Thanksgiving.. but my honest opinion, any time will be a hard time. The positive for BC family is that FORMAL Charges were filed and they were not downgraded. Just my honest opinion. Also, wondering if the formal charges being filed against AL and CL, does this mean that there isn't a possibility of any other involvement by others. Just praying for as much of the whole truth as possible to come out.

How long did the prosecution have to file formal charges? Just wondering since it's two months to the day that the kidnapping occurred and these charges were filed. I know there is a time limit, I just don't know how long it is.

arkansasmimi brought out a good point. These charges were not downgraded. The prosecutor must feel they have enough evidence for a conviction.

Maybe that's where the scratches on AL's face come into play...

We don't know what condition Beverly was in when her hands were tied so it doesn't tell us more than 1 person is involved IMO.
We don't know it was just her hands bound. It just says bound by duct tape.

http://m.arkansasonline.com/news/20...s-filed-against-lewis-lowery-realtors/?latest

It also says this:
While authorities were searching for Carter, Lewis failed to provide detectives with her location, according to the report. Authorities found her after telephone records were traced to “a certain area off of [Arkansas] Highway 5 in Pulaski County,” the report states.

I was also thinking her mouth was duct taped. And I also thought that's a strange way to go willingly with someone! I don't even understand liars that dont even have lies that can make any sense. I just don't. She had already been found at the time of that interview, so clearly, he knew there was duct tape!

arkansasmimi brought out a good point. These charges were not downgraded. The prosecutor must feel they have enough evidence for a conviction.

That was actually me, and they really must.

ETA- Sorry, I see she posted the same thing after my earlier post. It seems many of us get the significance of this.

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one shortly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donald Redfield