GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I am just watching his interviews for the first time. In part 2, the news anchor says "one of the first things he talked about was the string of crimes he committed in the past." Look at him talk about his crimes with such pride! He is smiling the entire time he is reliving his glory days and all the people and places he stole from.
http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...-realtor-beverly/35480/dQgUJ2-WrEaEc2LmJHwqIA

yeah...he makes me sick to my stomach. And in the 3rd interview his remorse isn't for his victim or the pain her family has had to endure or will live with for the rest of there lives but at how it has made his life uncomfortable.

Keo is outside Scott, it is in Lonoke County.

I agree! The home she was the listing agent on that her relator friend locked herself out of and was calling BC about at the time she went missing was kinda in the middle of nowhere without a lot around it. Why not have her show him that home instead of the one he chose at such an odd time of the day?

I thought about this as well. The house was a foreclosure and had been on the market a long time. Maybe that figured into a possible realty scam, whereas BC's own listings did not.

Why did this post show up again? I did not post this yesterday. I posted this last week.

Exactly. So you either decide he's just wholly incompetent at his "job", lacking any serious plotting skills.... or utterly reckless (which I think given all parts of his story that's pretty much a given) - or there was some other reason for choosing that place, that time. A two second google satellite view would give a good idea of the proximity to neighbors.

Also intrigued by reports from the neighbor (GC) how he had told her, a total stranger at the time, his whole story, criminal background litany of arrests ....when he first moved in. (Arkansas online 9/30 story)

So a stranger next door knew. On day one.

What is interesting about this is that he did not and could not have lived there for a year and a half. He was released from jail in Aug 2013 (pretty sure that was date reported). He did not move in with CL in Aug 2013. Even if he had moved in immediately out of jail that still doesn't add up.

We know that AL was on LE's radar and they were following him on Sunday, prior to his accident. What we don't know is when and why they honed in on him.

Could it not have been because her phone pinged at his house?

I wondered if they found his prints at the vacant house too. If he were checking in with his probation officer they would have his address on file.

We know that AL was on LE's radar and they were following him on Sunday, prior to his accident. What we don't know is when and why they honed in on him.
http://m.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/...-other-electronics-key-to-solving-carter-case
Electronics
ETA: Why was Carter, a resident of Scott, targeted? "It was more or less a target of opportunity," Haynes said. He said Lewis was a stranger to Carter, and robbery appeared to be the motive. He also said Lewis was the person who made the appointment asking Carter to show him the house on Old River Road, where she was abducted from.

I did some research on those electronic phone accessed lock boxes and they are extremely secure (as in very difficult to remove without the code or card to remove it.) If the home she went missing from had the updated fancy phone accessed lock box it would have taken taken a lot to remove it. Also, I read that most access codes that are given out to access properties are only good for 24 hours and then they expire at midnight.

At first, Voice4theSilent, I thought, that is RIGHT!!!!! That may be why the door was open. Then........

So, let's assume the front door was left wide open due to the fact the actual door lock had been removed at some point. How or why would that happen?

#1. Beverly uses her access to get them inside. Something occurs. Why remove the door lock at this time? Beverly would have to have been restrained (by some means or someone) or incapacitated in some way. Removing the door lock at any time would be simple. Break in and remove it; but, why? - particularly the front door - visible to neighbors and passersby. Dumb.

#2. AL arrives at the home first (prior to Beverly). His is able to remove the door lock from the outside or has previously/already broken in and removed it. Ambush, perhaps? Beverly (for some reason) does not hesitate to enter. ?????

Feel free to punch holes in this. Any other scenarios?

So, we are still left with the question of why was the door left standing wide open? Since AL is such a sloppy dumb criminal, I could see this happening if he was struggling getting Beverly out of the house and into a vehicle alone. If he had an accomplice at the scene, then both are stupid. Well, they are stupid anyway.

Thoughts swirl in my addled brain about the motive for this crime. LE says robbery. Robbery of what? Whatever jewelry Beverly was wearing? How much could that be? Years back, in my working life, I wore diamond earrings daily and a large carat ring. At the time, all that was worth north of $20K. My internet searches reveal that pawn shops would pay him less than 40%, so $7K+. He could have robbed her, tied her up and left. No kidnapping, no murder. People have been murdered for less; but, that doesn't seem to be the case here. He could have made that amount of money quickly with his expertise in theft of anything locked down in a store that sold videos, tech equipment, etc.. What else could it be?

I guess I am really trying to stay away from the ransom theory and grasping at straws to find another motive for this heinous crime. As I said before, maybe his only motive was a thrill - which is more terrifying than any other motive to me.

I wonder if door wide open meant the inside door or the stormdoor, if there was one? Either way, door wide open to me signals a very fast exit. Possibly no hands free to shut the door.
Door wide open could also mean not locked? I use this phrasing when I actually mean someone didn't lock the door. So was the door standing wide open or just not locked? We don't know...sigh
Virtual tour of 14202 Old River Rd
http://tours.mlbaxley-assoc.com/public/vtour/display/124736
Go to gallery to view still pics of front door.

Door wide open says to me at least one thing we can dispel up front....as I said before. That says his story about her going willingly and no kidnapping occurring is a blatant lie. No Realtor leaves a listing with the door open. Ever. Never. She was taken under duress. But I guess that's assumed anyways. The good thing about it is it proves his attempts at covering up the truth which is good in court. If there could only be a jury of Realtors...

Something else to think about....we don't know (because she didn't crash) if CL was also being followed early on either. She may have been honed in on by LE at the same time as AL but they may not have had enough to arrest her until tests came back and may not have considered her as much of a flight risk (for obvious reasons.) I assume, when she was brought in earlier, they did so to obtain her fingerprints and DNA.

At first, Voice4theSilent, I thought, that is RIGHT!!!!! That may be why the door was open. Then........

So, let's assume the front door was left wide open due to the fact the actual door lock had been removed at some point. How or why would that happen?

#1. Beverly uses her access to get them inside. Something occurs. Why remove the door lock at this time? Beverly would have to have been restrained (by some means or someone) or incapacitated in some way. Removing the door lock at any time would be simple. Break in and remove it; but, why? - particularly the front door - visible to neighbors and passersby. Dumb.

#2. AL arrives at the home first (prior to Beverly). His is able to remove the door lock from the outside or has previously/already broken in and removed it. Ambush, perhaps? Beverly (for some reason) does not hesitate to enter. ?????

So, we are still left with the question of why was the door left standing wide open? Since AL is such a sloppy dumb criminal, I could see this happening if he was struggling getting Beverly out of the house and into a vehicle alone. If he had an accomplice at the scene, then both are stupid. Well, they are stupid anyway.

Thoughts swirl in my addled brain about the motive for this crime. LE says robbery. Robbery of what? Whatever jewelry Beverly was wearing? How much could that be? Years back, in my working life, I wore diamond earrings daily and a large carat ring. At the time, all that was worth north of $20K. My internet searches reveal that pawn shops would pay him less than 40%, so $7K+. He could have robbed her, tied her up and left. No kidnapping, no murder. People have been murdered for less; but, that doesn't seem to be the case here. He could have made that amount of money quickly with his expertise in theft of anything locked down in a store that sold videos, tech equipment, etc.. What else could it be?

I guess I am really trying to stay away from the ransom theory and grasping at straws to find another motive for this heinous crime. As I said before, maybe his only motive was a thrill - which is more terrifying than any other motive to me.

From the looks of the driveway and parking area, if AL arrived before Beverly he would risk being boxed into the driveway, no? He couldn't assume that she wouldn't park directly behind his vehicle, thus blocking him in? If the door knob and/or box was removed prior to BC arriving, surely BC would have noticed (I imagine because of proximity to her home and how long it had been on the market that she had showed it numerous times before) and got in her car and left (or wouldn't have gotten out of her car in the first place or at the very least called to find out why it was removed?)

He may have been dropped off by CL who arrived later behind Beverly and boxed her in so she couldn't drive away? Just thinking out loud trying to work it all out in my head.

Robbery of jewelry seems like a stupid motive to kidnap and kill someone. He could have put a mask over his face and robbed someone on the street and probably gotten more in jewelry and money (her purse and wallet were in her car untouched) and probably gotten away with it. When you rob someone you leave them where they are...unless you need them to gain access to something. Did they take Beverly with them to get them into another property? It just seems odd.

I wonder if the other properties she had lined up to show the couple were vacant properties or if they were owner occupied. I think that is why this property was shown first. Because it was vacant and they needed a vacant property to snatch Beverly out of.

And yes! I do think, until I hear otherwise from LE, that BOTH AL and CL were there when Beverly was kidnapped and both were there when she was killed. CL protesting so much and trying to come up with a timeline just shows how desperate she was to try and piece together an alibi and explain away the evidence against her. I think he is just as guilty as AL. And, with how much AL talked...even to strangers...about his past, the fact that CL claims she didn't know shows me she is a liar and will lie about anything she deems necessary to lie about. MOO and all of that jazz!

From the looks of the driveway and parking area, if AL arrived before Beverly he would risk being boxed into the driveway, no? He couldn't assume that she wouldn't park directly behind his vehicle, thus blocking him in? If the door knob and/or box was removed prior to BC arriving, surely BC would have noticed (I imagine because of proximity to her home and how long it had been on the market that she had showed it numerous times before) and got in her car and left (or wouldn't have gotten out of her car in the first place or at the very least called to find out why it was removed?)

He may have been dropped off by CL who arrived later behind Beverly and boxed her in so she couldn't drive away? Just thinking out loud trying to work it all out in my head.

Robbery of jewelry seems like a stupid motive to kidnap and kill someone. He could have put a mask over his face and robbed someone on the street and probably gotten more in jewelry and money (her purse and wallet were in her car untouched) and probably gotten away with it. When you rob someone you leave them where they are...unless you need them to gain access to something. Did they take Beverly with them to get them into another property? It just seems odd.

I wonder if the other properties she had lined up to show the couple were vacant properties or if they were owner occupied. I think that is why this property was shown first. Because it was vacant and they needed a vacant property to snatch Beverly out of.

And yes! I do think, until I hear otherwise from LE, that BOTH AL and CL were there when Beverly was kidnapped and both were there when she was killed. CL protesting so much and trying to come up with a timeline just shows how desperate she was to try and piece together an alibi and explain away the evidence against her. I think he is just as guilty as AL. And, with how much AL talked...even to strangers...about his past, the fact that CL claims she didn't know shows me she is a liar and will lie about anything she deems necessary to lie about. MOO and all of that jazz!

Except CL could not have been there that night because she was at clinicals for UALR Nursing Program. That is 100% verified. She was at hospital in Little Rock at time of BC's abduction in Scott.

Except CL could not have been there that night because she was at clinicals for UALR Nursing Program. That is 100% verified. She was at hospital in Little Rock at time of BC's abduction in Scott.

And, if that is so, there may be three (or more - Dear God I hate typing that) individuals involved in Beverly's kidnapping/murder. LE may not be finished or ready with charges. MOO JMO

Still interested in your contributions here, nojusticenusa. Thanx!!

<snipped your quote for brevity>

From the looks of the driveway and parking area, if AL arrived before Beverly he would risk being boxed into the driveway, no? He couldn't assume that she wouldn't park directly behind his vehicle, thus blocking him in?

I wouldn't think so if he didn't pull all the way up to the garage. We didn't have a concrete driveway to the street for a time and drove on the grass to get around each other at times. We purposely told visitors to leave room so they could pull around each other. I don't see that as a problem.

I do think, as you, AL had help. Whether it was CL and/or someone else, he must have. Beverly is a smart woman. I am sure she knew getting in their vehicle in this situation could/would have dire consequences. I believe AL was not alone and someone must have had a gun or a knife to her. Otherwise, why not run if you are able? Quite possibly, Beverly was not under her own power at that time to make any decision.

I don't remember hearing about Beverly's keys. Can anyone refresh my memory - if you know?

Magnets? He does seem to be an afficionado of hacking security and anti-theft devices. I think you may be onto something here.

And, if that is so, there may be three (or more - Dear God I hate typing that) individuals involved in Beverly's kidnapping/murder. LE may not be finished or ready with charges. MOO JMO

Still interested in your contributions here, nojusticenusa. Thanx!!

But the door being open would IMO be the sign of ONE person abduction. Like another poster said "no hands to close the door".

<snipped your quote for brevity>

I wouldn't think so if he didn't pull all the way up to the garage. We didn't have a concrete driveway to the street for a time and drove on the grass to get around each other at times. We purposely told visitors to leave room so they could pull around each other. I don't see that as a problem.

I do think, as you, AL had help. Whether it was CL and/or someone else, he must have. Beverly is a smart woman. I am sure she knew getting in their vehicle in this situation could/would have dire consequences. I believe AL was not alone and someone must have had a gun or a knife to her. Otherwise, why not run if you are able? Quite possibly, Beverly was not under her own power at that time to make any decision.

I don't remember hearing about Beverly's keys. Can anyone refresh my memory - if you know?

What if he restrained her before removing her from home? What about the tall guy with pointy beard in the gray truck? That is something I wish someone had a way to verify with the neighbors. If there was another person then who? Who is the guy in the gray truck? Do we know exactly what other vehicle was at the house with the gray truck? AL had a black car (one he wrecked on that Sunday).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman