GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to AL possibly friends or someone do stuff for him...

I know a lady, who works with a Prison Ministry group that goes to various Arkansas Dept of Corr facilities. Precious lady.. but she has a lot of self and image insecurities. She fell in LOVE with this one guy a few years back... they got married... we were all kind of shocked but not if that makes sense. We tried to be supportive, and realistic. (In a gentle way as not to make her feel like we no longer were her friend) Even from the within the prison you could see her slowly changing... I don't remember what it was exactly that caused her to "wake up" or if we were really told the whole truth, but whatever it was, I am so glad it happened. She was so upset at herself and ashamed. She did nothing to be ashamed of. She was manipulated and used. We tried to explaine that could happen in the outside real world as well, but chance greater from prison. Thankfully she has bounced back, and still does her mission work, but has different outlook on some stuff.

I know of another lady, friend of a friend thing... her daughter works with a lady whose son is in prison. The daughter got to be good friends with her coworker and then with the son. Dtr ended up marrying the guy in prison. She posts pictures of them on her fb and even takes her preteen daughter to the prison for visitation with her to see him. It gives me the creeps. The mother of the girl is very close to dtr and granddtr. And she is beside herself. The dtr came from a very abusive relationship, living in another state. I have heard the guy wont be getting out of prison for a very long time. Sounds like such a waste... I am a very open minded person (or try to be). I believe we all need extra chances and we all can change. But life experiences mold our beliefs. I sure there are some people in prison that are good people that made some very bad choices. I know there are some that are not in prison that make and get away with some horrible stuff. We have to hope it catches up with the bad folks sooner than later. Like someone else posted, LEO do make mistakes. We all do. But I believe they get more right as a whole than wrong. And yes, 1 is too many. But we do not nor will we ever live in a perfect society.... in this life anyway. Jmoh

So March 10th AL is "officially single and ready to date" and March 12th they're getting a marriage license.... That comes off to me as he was bullying /manipulating her into marrying him. I could be totally wrong, but that's what it sounds like... Along with the story that has been told by numerous people that CL claims they got married to help him gain visitation with his child.

Just looking at those 2 things, the March 10th was posted on AL FB (and screen shots of that statement can be found online) and the March 12th actual going to Pulaski County Courthouse and obtaining the marriage lic...

People put stupid stuff on their personal fb pages all the time. LOL put how they breaking up never gonna talk to so in so ... then next status best thing that ever happen to them... So I kinda take that with a grain of salt if you will. I don't take it as bullying/manipulating her from those comments. I sure there was more to the situation. Its a fact AL was posting to dating sites, we have seen some of the stuff he posted. We have also seen the conversation where CL was yapping back and forth with the other female. JMHO CL made her choices on her own. She was and is a grown woman knowing right from wrong. I personally haven't seen anything that shows me she was manipulated by AL. Possible but if in May (as stated in TL affidavit filed in Oct 2014) AL tried to get $5000 from CL ex husband, for proof she was a prostitute on Craigslist.. and stayed with him by her own words in the Div filings Aug 27, 2014 ... she had choices. JMHO

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...ly-carters-son-to-remember-her-life/20221391/

Her son is so fantastic, he brings tears to my eyes. It is truly a testament to just how wonderful she likely was. You generally don't have such a bright, radiant, seemingly well-adjusted child if the parents don't possess some of that, as well. (PS- I do know plenty of fantastic people who grew up in horrible situations, so I am not discounting that. he just seems to have lived in a happy world, not someone who had to overcome a difficult upbringing). She would be so proud! He puts on such a brave face, but this must be so, so difficult. He talks about her as if she was his best friend.

Charged NOT convicted YET!

You are correct - charged - my apology! I am unable to edit, but thanks for the clarification. I truly hope it will not be a "conviction" for you and the rest of her friends sake. I know this must be difficult.

Doing positive things in Beverlys memory will help them find strength to get through this. I cant imagine how hard it must be to sit in a courtroom for hours every day having to look at the evil people that took your loved one away.

The Carter family have displayed dignity and grace through this whole tragedy. It is truly inspiring,

The Carter family have displayed dignity and grace through this whole tragedy. It is truly inspiring,

A million times, agreed. Really shows what a great woman she must've been.

NJ thinks CL met AL on an online site. I am wondering if that online site was Craigslist?

I would like to know how many times CL kicked AL out?
I am confused and hopefully NJ can help. I have found conflicting comments.

(1) long post so <snip>
The recent custody fight is a long going issue with her and her ex, like so many cases we see with divorce involving children. The ex is actually years behind on child support so has a reason for wanting to get custody. You can verify this at pulaski county clerk website and see for yourself the recent wage garnishment shortly that was filed shortly before BC was murdered. I do not for one minute believe TL thinks CL does drugs or is a prostitute. He used that in a moment of weakness to gain an advantage in the custody battle. The ex was called by AL after CL kicked him out. AL tried to extort money out of the ex to the tune of $5000.00 for information that CL was a prostitute. This happened in Jan 2014. A sensible person would wonder why the ex waited so long to file again for custody if he believed any of the drug or prostitute lies? Could it be because CL had a new wage assignment sent to his job in Sept 2014 shortly before his Oct 2014 filing for custody? Her daughter was being returned to her by the court but then she was arrested.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-4-ARREST!&p=11157576#post11157576

1. I am sure there is Child Support info in the orig Div records. But actually the Sept 3, 2014/filed Sept 5, 2014 wage withholding is the ONLY one on the case docket. And it states less than 12 weeks. Also, checked stating Original Income Withholding Order.
https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=UTNW2ZB2XLN6W8LQRZXX1G3S9IUEHQ
2. It is very evident that the reason the ex filed for emergency custody in his Affidavit and I find it very reasonable. Not over Child Support, that was evidently long ago established and CL has been getting the entire amount even tho her son has been living with his Father. *wonder if her friends knew that she was getting $ for son, yet he living with Dad
3.NJ orig states the call coming from AL to TL was in JANUARY 2014, yet in another post states IT DIDNT HAPPEN in JANUARY 2014. I read or call myself reading all the ones in between but don't see where that was corrected..

Originally Posted by mpnola
So, I know in the custody plea to get custody of Crystal's child it was mentioned that Arron reported to the ex that Crystal was a Craigslist prostitute. This was in January, if I remember correctly. Has anyone checked Craigslist or Backpage to see if they can find a picture? I *think* this is allowed since it is in a court document. I am a good researcher and logical sleuther, but so many of you are soooo good at maps, Craigslist, backpage, court stuff. Makes me feel a little inadequate, like y'all need to hold an online class so I can pull my weight!

NJ RESPONSE
AL tried to extort money out of TL to the tune of $5000 by saying CL was a prostitute. This did not happen in January. AL called TL this summer to report this. CL told me that this was untrue and that AL did it to get even with her for kicking him out. I believe her.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-4-ARREST!&p=11163409#post11163409

AL posted on his FB July 19 (Saturday) that he got a job with Argos this week and would start on Monday (July 21). *I have seen some comments that he got fired on July 24th, others saying he only worked there a few weeks...

OK Here NJ states CL found out from PO and other family members about the felony stuff. She also say this is the first time CL kicked him out

She found out later from his probation officer how many times he had been convicted. She also finally talked to another family member of AL who lives out of state and found out more. This was when she kicked him out the first time. The for foolish reasons let him move back in.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-4-ARREST!&p=11161004#post11161004

^^ says that when CL found out from the PO, that was the First time she kicked him out. When was the other times she kicked him out?

AL moved in with TM when CL kicked him out the last time they were separated
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-4-ARREST!&p=11157772#post11157772

She did find out after they were married about his felony past because his parole officer told her. She kicked him out but allowed him back recently when he got the job at the concrete plant. When he was fired she tried to kick him back out but he would not leave.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-4-ARREST!&p=11157790#post11157790

SO Arron Lewis contacted Crystal Lowery to come to the hospital??
BY NJ:

What I think and I could be totally wrong is that AL carried BC phone with him everywhere he went that Thur night and then brought it home. Maybe they used cell phone tower info to find her body and the phone at AL house. He was a suspect before he wrecked his car that Sunday morning when he was being followed by LE. CL was not even home when that happened. She stayed the night away. She did go to the hospital when he called her. She was clueless what was happening at that time (meaning AL was being investigated for BC disappearance). She found out like the rest of us on the news. When she went to hospital he didn't tell her. But apparently AL knew to be paranoid because he was trying to lose LE tail when he wrecked his car. He was being followed by LE and tried to speed up to lose them. At that point CL was still in dark and going on with her life as usual. That is why I don't think she knew anything. That and my observations of her both during that time and since.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-4-ARREST!&p=11158377#post11158377

All I know about the hospital is that she was called there by AL. When she got there police started questioning her about where he was going and she told them probably home. They told her he was going in opposite direction of home. She had no idea where he was going since she had spent night elsewhere. While she was being interviewed by police AL slipped out back door or whatever happened and left. That is how she found out he was a suspect at that same time. I think police told her at the hospital. It was my understanding that the warrant came and then AL was gone. That is the first CL knew he was being watched or about him being a suspect.

Do you know which plant the dump truck was stolen from @savvyrose? I thought I read you said Saline Co. Would that be Benton?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-4-ARREST!&p=11159244#post11159244

So is CL implicating TM also??

Originally Posted by bestill
nojustice, what does CL think happened that night? Does she think that AL's capable of murder and kidnapping? She lived with him and seemed to have a relationship with him, I'm curious as to what she thinks went down. We're all so confused by this and I can tell you are too, it's personal. I saw Carl Sr's most recent interview and he's still looking for answers, much of what LE knows they've kept close and aren't doing anything to jeopardize this case, even the family doesn't know what's going on.

NJ Response
She thought he was capable of scamming for money and maybe even helping with a kidnapping but even CL did not think AL was capable of murder. She too thought he was not the mastermind and there had to be someone else calling the shots. She just didn't know who if it was not TM. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-4-ARREST!&p=11159668#post11159668

I wonder if CL was in Classes on Friday? What time did she return home on Friday? From the comment posted by NJ... This could be VERY telling what was in CL and AL text messages and what time they spoke and where the phones pinged in reference to the charges.. I keep remembering the LEO stating.. cant remember exact words but EQUALLY involved...

She was at clinicals at a hospital. The mutual friend who told me she knew for sure she was at class knows 100% but I will not say how they know or what that friend told me. I don't want to get friends upset with me for posting what they told me. They way they know CL was in class at least most of the day on Thur and Thur evening at clinicals, I am quite sure it's true she was at class.

Her neighbors reported her and AL fighting Thur evening, which goes along with what CL personally told me.
On Fri she was supposed to be in class and then came home and another fight took place (this was also verified by neighbors)
CL spent the night (verified) on Sat night with someone else (not at her house). It is my understanding she left Fri night after the fight and did not come home until Sun after the wreck and hospital events and only to get clothes to go stay somewhere else. Then she was arrested the next day and taken in for questioning for over 8 hours. They searched the house that day (monday sept 29). She was charged with the theft by receiving for the phone being in her home laid out in plain sight (so she says LE told her they found it in plain sight).
She was not staying at the house, only coming and going once AL went on the run. This was verified by neighbors so I believe she told me the truth.

As I have posted here before. She was selling a lot of things she had to get money for rent and other bills. She was someone who went to yard sells and then resold things for more money. That was how she earned extra money anyway. She had a garage full of things so she started selling all that stuff, along with other items in her home.

I believe LE thought she was about to run so they made a plea with circumstantial evidence such as the phone in her house or maybe some phone calls between she and AL since they had text each other when she was in class on Thur. She turned her phone over to LE and they still have it. She gave them her pw so they could see the text she had with AL on that Thur. She cooperated. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-4-ARREST!&p=11160996#post11160996

TL never believed that CL was prostituting. TL filed for custody of his daughter because his daughter's stepfather had been arrested for capital murder and kidnapping.... Period the end. It had nothing to do with being behind in child support.

Several years ago he filed for custody because he had some serious concerns about the children's wellbeing and crystals ability to parent...the judge shot him down quickly. After that hearing the parents made an arrangement between themselves without the courts that the son would go live with dad as long as he continued to pay the full amount of child support. At that time the son was having some very significant academic/social issues that father was very concerned about... He didn't care about the money. He just wanted the opportunity to help/fix whatever was going on with his son. AND HE DID! The son has flourished living with his dad and is on target to graduate high school on time. Crystal obviously knew the son was having problems that she wasn't able to deal with... But by God she wasn't going to do what was best for her son if it was going to decrease her child support.

I believe NJ is a true friend of Crystal Lowery and wants to believe her long time friend(of many years she stated) is telling her the truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth. I do think after reading so many conflicting statements, that NJ has gotten confused on some things. Not intentionally, but memory compounded shock, stress and heartbreak can cause confusion. As with this response to Concernedmother:

Originally Posted by concernedmother
Yes but it was after her arrest for capital murder and kidnapping. They could have hauled her in when they issued the warrant for receiving stolen property but they didnt. There had to be a reason they were waiting. Maybe waiting for evidence to come back?

NJ:
Untrue. They did haul her in on the theft by receiving and interrogated her for over 8 hours. They also searched the home at that time and took things, including the guns and the phone that lead to the theft by receiving charges.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-4-ARREST!&p=11160146#post11160146

JMHO I believe it was the 29th that she was there 8 hrs. not the same day the guns were found, Per the Formal Charges documentation, Charge 3 states Sept 28th as the day that guns were found in possession of AL.

When LE was following AL he was going in opposite direction of CL's house. That is what LE told her when they talked to her. They asked her where he would have been going and she thought home due to where he had the wreck. That is when they told her no he was going in opposite direction. She had no idea where he was going then. Maybe that is confusing because the conversation happened with LE at the hospital but during time AL was apparently slipping out the back of hospital. Maybe I was not clear before. I do not know if she ever saw AL at hospital but I do not think so because he slipped away while she was tied up talking to LE. She was arrested and questioned later either that day or Monday. I think it was monday when she was arrested and questioned for 8 hours. That would have been day after hospital.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-4-ARREST!&p=11159322#post11159322

No disrespect intended towards NJ in these last few posts just trying to understand.

TL never believed that CL was prostituting. TL filed for custody of his daughter because his daughter's stepfather had been arrested for capital murder and kidnapping.... Period the end. It had nothing to do with being behind in child support.

Several years ago he filed for custody because he had some serious concerns about the children's wellbeing and crystals ability to parent...the judge shot him down quickly. After that hearing the parents made an arrangement between themselves without the courts that the son would go live with dad as long as he continued to pay the full amount of child support. At that time the son was having some very significant academic/social issues that father was very concerned about... He didn't care about the money. He just wanted the opportunity to help/fix whatever was going on with his son. AND HE DID! The son has flourished living with his dad and is on target to graduate high school on time. Crystal obviously knew the son was having problems that she wasn't able to deal with... But by God she wasn't going to do what was best for her son if it was going to decrease her child support.

I understand and it is evident to anyone reading the paperwork that is why Dad filed for custody of HL . My point I guess is that just because CL said something to believing friends does not make it 100% facts. So if she would lie or not tell the complete truth on something like that, what makes me think she would be fully truthful on everything else. Did she tell her friends that Dad was still paying the full CS even tho son not living with her? Or did she just lead them to believe he was YEARS behind and that the Wage assignment was going to be MORE out of the EX income??? LOL and it truly is right there in the court docs that the friend even said go look at. I commend someone for standing by a friend or family member. But at some point you have to question some things .. questioning doesn't make you not a friend. Especially if you really want the truth. JMHO. And for the record I see Dad doing nothing but caring for his kiddos as he should. And you can do that with without being ugly. And it appears he is doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwoForJoy