GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, TKL123... first of all- welcome! You and your children have all of the support we could possibly offer. I cannot imagine what this must be like!!! I mean, assuming you are who I think you are in a not-yet-verified kind of way. Disclaimer enough? ;)

Second of all- I am no good at linking something from a different thread, but if you go back to the thread #7, page 25 found here, I think:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...k-25-Sep-2014-missing-realtor-7-ARREST/page25

and go to post #609, there is some info there. I am trying to find the post with his actual letters. I haven't been successful, yet.

Again, WELCOME!!!! :)

Ok, then starting #767 on page 31 starts more info about the next round of letters. The biggest and best piece of info (the actual handwritten complaints) are on #813, page 33. Get some popcorn for that read!

I fully acknowledge that my opinions of her are extremely bias as my relationship to her is the fact that she's an ex wife of a close family member.

I've pretty much explained a lot of her actions in previous posts.

I think the biggest thing that has caused me to have negative feelings towards her is that I believe that she lacks the ability to step outside of any situation and ask herself "is this what is in the best interest of my children" I think she makes impulsive decisions based on what she wants at the time.... ie moving AL into the house with her daughter after only knowing him a short time amongst other things. but I do not now nor have I ever questioned her love for her children... I know she loves her kids! But loving your children vs being able to make competent sound parenting decisions is two different things. I'll would also like to say that despite all this crystal has never done anything specifically negative towards me and when she was around my children when they were much younger she was always nice to them and took good care of them when they were in her care... Actually I think just my oldest child as they were divorced before my youngest was born, but my statement still stands.

We can love our children very much and still not make the best choices. In ways we are all guilty of that (we bend the rules so forth) I know I am guilty of that. I would imagine CL loves them very much. And I have heard some of the same opinions from people that I know that use to work with CL (their comments on fb the day CL was arrested for Capital Murder/Kidnapping). We don't know what transpired yet. To me, the way the charges are and the way the LEO/ PA have spoke, Beverly Carter died in the commission of the Kidnapping. So the thought of her being a cold blooded out to kill someone.. I don't get that vibe. I do feel, something happened, something possibly didn't go according to planned - if there was a plan. Heck it could have been some crazy spur of the moment thing gone bad. But I do feel Law Enforcement had something, something strong enough to charge her with same charges as AL and the one LEO or PA one of them said something to effect both equally charged.

I along with the others, appreciate your insight. Sometimes, especially on these types of pages, its hard to get the tone. I mean no disrespect now or prior, and if it sounded so, I apologize not ment that way.

From reading the Inmate Funds info at Pulaski Cty Sheriffs office (Jail) it appears to have the same instructions on putting $ on an inmates fund accounts. They have a kiosk to use cash or credit card, or otherwise you have to use a money order.
http://pcso.org/JailVisitationInfo.shtml
I believe it was Butler that stated CL transferred her child support to her inmate fund. I was thinking she could have done it herself. But not according to the PCSO website. So I guess, the friend that is helping her with other stuff went and got it and transferred.
(after reading the ADOC funds info I was just curious on the county jail procedures)

I do not for one minute think that CL didn't love her kids very much. Even our VI's/ex-family members have said so. I'm sure it is not only devastating for the kids but for CL as well - missing them, thinking about how this has affected them, worrying about them, etc. Now please nobody throw tomatoes or anything at me, because I do have a heart as I know most of you here do too, but isn't it possible that CL may have blamed herself for what AL had did, for example I'm thinking somewhere along the line of maybe they had a fight/disagreement about lack of money or whatever it me, and then he goes and commits this crime and CL being so overwhelmed with guilt/blaming herself for what he had just done, she then tries to help him out of it/cover things up??
But then I guess I just kind of answered myself when I thought about her having the same charges as him. Would she have had to actively participate in the crime to be facing the charges that she is - CM and kidnapping?? Anybody thoughts?

Beverly Lyn Carter also loved her Husband, Children and Grandchildren. Beverly Carter didn't have a choice in the matter. Her Family doesn't have the privileges of visitation. Their last visitation was before her funeral. That hurts my heart for them. Whomever is responsible for her death, may the truth come out and may there be Justice for Beverly. Sending my most heartfelt prayers for comfort and some kind of peace to all these hurting people this tragic loss of life has touched. jmo

I do not for one minute think that CL didn't love her kids very much. Even our VI's/ex-family members have said so. I'm sure it is not only devastating for the kids but for CL as well - missing them, thinking about how this has affected them, worrying about them, etc. Now please nobody throw tomatoes or anything at me, because I do have a heart as I know most of you here do too, but isn't it possible that CL may have blamed herself for what AL had did, for example I'm thinking somewhere along the line of maybe they had a fight/disagreement about lack of money or whatever it me, and then he goes and commits this crime and CL being so overwhelmed with guilt/blaming herself for what he had just done, she then tries to help him out of it/cover things up??
But then I guess I just kind of answered myself when I thought about her having the same charges as him. Would she have had to actively participate in the crime to be facing the charges that she is - CM and kidnapping?? Anybody thoughts?
Obviously, I don't know her, but it seems to me, with it taking month to charge her that *if* she participated, it would be after that Thursday that BC disappeared. I just think had she not been at clinicals/school that LE would have known that very quickly. Since we really don't know what evidence they have it is hard to say. I certainly can't picture her as the brain behind this. Honestly, even with what I know of AL, he seems like a low life and a thief but I can't see him just killing someone. I kinda feel like others have said that maybe her death was an accident. Of course, had he not kidnapped her then none of it would have happened. It is a puzzle to me. JMHO

Crystal is the type of person (and we've all known someone like this) that nothing has ever been or will ever be her fault. I don't think she has ever felt guilty about any decisions she's made or things she's said or done.

Just my opinion

CL is getting plenty of time to think about her decisions and her children.
We know for a fact AL is spending his time in solitary writing letters. I'm just waiting on one to hit the news stations.

I saw on another case yesterday that LE also subpoenaed records from google as well as the victims cell provider. I never thought about that before. This morning it hit me what they may be looking for. Apps. Snapchat and many more apps. That wouldn't be on the cell provider but whatever phone you have when you go to itune store or market google or apple would have that info. So, obviously, there are many tools in this technology age available to LE. Just like the computer. Stuff can be retrieved. So if there was communication or pics using a hidden app it would be available.

CL is getting plenty of time to think about her decisions and her children.
We know for a fact AL is spending his time in solitary writing letters. I'm just waiting on one to hit the news stations.

I remember when the NYT published the Unabomber's "manifesto." They said they had a policy against doing that type of thing but made an exception in hopes someone would recognize some of the peculiar phraseology and claims/rants. That was back when most media had standards beyond hit counts, but I wonder if Little Rock media will refuse to publish AL's letters out of respect for BC's family? Probably just wishful thinking on my part. Even if they refused, someone on HuffPo or Examiner or some other web-only outlet would publish his letters and then local media can then supposedly ethically jump onboard by claiming, "It's news. We have to report it." Ugh.

So there was a lot of talk about prisoners rights and how those in custody are treated by LE as a result of ALs most recent suit. I myself made a little tongue in cheek post.

I just want to elaborate on my personal feelings and opinions regarding that whole situation. And I would like to preface the following rant by stating that I am an educated, licenced, and experienced health care professional.

A sprained ankle is not a medical emergency. A broken ankle that is enclosed and not a compound fracture is not a medical emergency. A laceration to the scalp that is not actively bleeding a large amount of blood is not a medical emergency. A sore, sprained, or otherwise injured knee is not a medical emergency. If the person in question is alert and oriented to person time and place (like for example capable of asking to be moved to a different room) has unlabored breathing no shortness of breath or chest pain and no weakness or numbness on one side of their body... They are not having a true medical emergency. AL himself said he was able to walk under his own power and strength... Just that it was painful. A dislocated shoulder, although excruciatingly painful, is also not a medical emergency... No one has ever died from "pain" Pain by itself is not life threatening. So that being said.... If there was a tiny smidgen of hope that beverly Carter was still alive and being held somewhere when AL was arrested... That tiny smidgen of hope was infinitely more important and of a higher priority than ALs medical complaints.

That's my rant for the day.

Maybe the $50 she sent to AL while he was in prison was from something of his that she sold.

I removed the discussion about child support being CL's only source of income along with it being put into AL's jail account. Unless you can post a link to show this we can not speculate on that.

Thanks everyone!

Ima

So there was a lot of talk about prisoners rights and how those in custody are treated by LE as a result of ALs most recent suit. I myself made a little tongue in cheek post.

I just want to elaborate on my personal feelings and opinions regarding that whole situation. And I would like to preface the following rant by stating that I am an educated, licenced, and experienced health care professional.

A sprained ankle is not a medical emergency. A broken ankle that is enclosed and not a compound fracture is not a medical emergency. A laceration to the scalp that is not actively bleeding a large amount of blood is not a medical emergency. A sore, sprained, or otherwise injured knee is not a medical emergency. If the person in question is alert and oriented to person time and place (like for example capable of asking to be moved to a different room) has unlabored breathing no shortness of breath or chest pain and no weakness or numbness on one side of their body... They are not having a true medical emergency. AL himself said he was able to walk under his own power and strength... Just that it was painful. A dislocated shoulder, although excruciatingly painful, is also not a medical emergency... No one has ever died from "pain" Pain by itself is not life threatening. So that being said.... If there was a tiny smidgen of hope that beverly Carter was still alive and being held somewhere when AL was arrested... That tiny smidgen of hope was infinitely more important and of a higher priority than ALs medical complaints.

That's my rant for the day.

Amen. As a licensed, health care professional myself, you are absolutely right, I agree. Thank you for the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl