GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is good info but not sure how it applies to this case? and does that also apply to those in the National Guard or other areas of service that are not in a battalion say such as recruiters for the army? Just curious since you posted it?

I can answer about the Guard and yes they are tested at random times, during their monthly drill. However, recruiters are not required to drill, but they are still supposed to be random drug tested. I don't know how often, I would have to ask my husband but he was the one to administer the tests for many years.

I don't think she is saying they will help get anyone off just that the poor family has a lot to deal with at trial.

I guess I don't understand why it would even matter in this case. BC didnt know the accused and was just doing her job. Its not like there was a relationship with either one of the defendants. Thats what I was trying to point out.

Im interested in these rumors that the defense will use at trial to destroy BC reputation. Even if they are true, how is that going to help the defendants get off with kidnapping and murder? Will the defense say she had it coming to her?

I don't think it will necessarily, but it is the defense attorney's job to poke holes in the theories of the DA. I have seen many cases where the victims reputation takes a beating. My point was it is not fair, but that the Carter's had better be prepared for it.

Rumor is not allowed, discussing you've heard rumor but can't say what it is here, is not allowed. If you can't discuss it then don't even mention it!

I don't think it will necessarily, but it is the defense attorney's job to poke holes in the theories of the DA. I have seen many cases where the victims reputation takes a beating. My point was it is not fair, but that the Carter's had better be prepared for it.

If there was a relationship with the defendants, say AL , yes. I could see it. But none of them knew each other. What would be the purpose? It would have no relevance on this case.

Seems to be lots of backpeddling and depending on WHO you are what you are allowed to post without getting pounced on. And don't dare be considered to be a friend or much worse a supporter of CL or you have "dirt" that others are digging. I got the best chuckle out of that one! Dig on. If speeding tickets are dirt I guess I have a few!

NJ not just speaking to you but this is to everyone posting on this case.

No it does not depend on WHO you are what you are allowed to post without getting pounced on. Its not allowed, its that simple! Like I've told everyone here you need to alert and I will check it out to see if it is against TOS. Attacking IS NOT ALLOWED! This goes for everyone here. I'm not giving out any more warnings, YOU ALL know how to treat people.

Sleuthing is not allowed except on the BC, AL, and CL.

I guess I don't understand why it would even matter in this case. BC didnt know the accused and was just doing her job. Its not like there was a relationship with either one of the defendants. Thats what I was trying to point out.

But there have been many post trying to make a connection. Do you remember the days or maybe weeks of gym discussions?

I don't think she did either, but I don't think that will matter to a defense attorney, if they think they can cause speculation. For example, just like rape victims, how many times do the defense attorneys turn it around and make it their fault.

If there was a relationship with the defendants, say AL , yes. I could see it. But none of them knew each other. What would be the purpose? It would have no relevance on this case.

It is not known as fact that none of them knew each other. It is not known as fact that they did.

But there have been many post trying to make a connection. Do you remember the days or maybe weeks of gym discussions?

I do. To the best of my memory, no one has ever been able to make a connection that they knew each other. It actually would make more sense if they did. She seems to be a random pick which makes it even harder to understand.

I don't think she did either, but I don't think that will matter to a defense attorney, if they think they can cause speculation. For example, just like rape victims, how many times do the defense attorneys turn it around and make it their fault.

I know what you are saying. A rape victim is testifying against her accuser and yes the defense will trash them. And yes, we just saw that happen last week in Brittany Wood case. Thankfully it didnt work and the perp was found guilty.

Well gosh, I hope if they want to poke holes they try to poke holes in the evidence presented by the prosecution. I hope they get a jury that will be examining evidence and not theories so the defendants at least get a fair trial.

Well gosh, I hope if they want to poke holes they try to poke holes in the evidence presented by the prosecution. I hope they get a jury that will be examining evidence and not theories so the defendants at least get a fair trial.

I agree. I have seen cases where it looked like very important things were made un-admissible in court. Of course that can be good and bad depending who is on trial. I would hate to be on a jury for something this big. The stress alone would be horrible.

The witnesses are the ones that are going to take a beating at this trial. And if there is any dirt, it most likely will be used.jmo

The witnesses are the ones that are going to take a beating at this trial. And if there is any dirt, it most likely will be used.jmo

As someone who served as a witness in a capital murder trial, I can confirm this. It was one of the worst experiences of my life, and I'm still traumatized by it 20 years later. I hate even seeing that defense attorney's name to this day, even though I know he was just doing his job.

As someone who served as a witness in a capital murder trial, I can confirm this. It was one of the worst experiences of my life, and I'm still traumatized by it 20 years later. I hate even seeing that defense attorney's name to this day, even though I know he was just doing his job.

Gosh I am so sorry you went through that. This was what I meant last night in my post, is that there can't truly be justice, because it will always be with the families/friends. Things like this are so hard to get past, I won't even say get over, but you never get over it.

I was a witness in a custody case and I never want to be a witness again. He twisted every thing I said and wouldnt even allow me to explain.It was horrible. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennifercockle