GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got up there and told the truth but I admit I made a lousy witness. He made mincemeat out of me.He was extremely aggressive and scared me.Even if you have a good reputation they know how to twist everything and make you end up looking like a fool. I do feel sorry for witnesses.lol

I was there as a character witness of the parent trying to get custody. But they questioned me about the character and parenting of the other parent which I had no direct knowledge. You can guess how that went.

Are there witnesses to the crime? I don't know of any?

There might be witnesses to cover an alibi or not. There might be witnesses who saw certain cars or trucks at the house where BC was abducted. There could be witnesses to what AL and/or CL were doing from Thursday-whenever they were in custody. I doubt there is a witness that saw the murder, but there are witnesses to things.

So far, nothing I have read leads me to believe there were witnesses to the crime. There is always that mystery of the 'extra' truck being reported. I would assume the neighbors will be called upon as witnesses to explain what they saw. They will likely be grilled mercilessly, about their eyesight, memory, etc. I state that only based on what I have seen in past cases. It does seem to get ridiculous, but the defense wants to try to poke as many holes as possible to set up 'reasonable doubt' they are just doing their job, and I would want them to do it for me too if I were the accused.
There will also very likely be character witnesses called in.

There might be witnesses to cover an alibi or not. There might be witnesses who saw certain cars or trucks at the house where BC was abducted. There could be witnesses to what AL and/or CL were doing from Thursday-whenever they were in custody. I doubt there is a witness that saw the murder, but there are witnesses to things.

Okay I get it now ha ha had a brain fart I guess.

ETA: Just saw this was cleared up, after I hit "post."

I did not witness the murder in my particular case. I dated the murderer for about two weeks, so I had to testify in that capacity (about things he told me, his demeanor, his whereabouts, etc.). So, there will be plenty of witnesses called who didn't necessarily witness the crime.

So far, nothing I have read leads me to believe there were witnesses to the crime. There is always that mystery of the 'extra' truck being reported. I would assume the neighbors will be called upon as witnesses to explain what they saw. They will likely be grilled mercilessly, about their eyesight, memory, etc. I state that only based on what I have seen in past cases. It does seem to get ridiculous, but the defense wants to try to poke as many holes as possible to set up 'reasonable doubt' they are just doing their job, and I would want them to do it for me too if I were the accused.
There will also very likely be character witnesses called in.

Makes sense

I did not witness the murder in my particular case. I dated the murderer for about two weeks, so I had to testify in that capacity (about things he told me, his demeanor, his whereabouts, etc.). So, there will be plenty of witnesses called who didn't necessarily witness the crime.
Well that is scary for you. Was he convicted?

Not directly that I can recall. Possibly a neighbor that lives close to the vacant house that hasn't talked to media may have seen something. We dont know who all LE has questioned and what they saw except the ones who spoke out in the media. There probably will be witnesses called that crossed paths with either defendant during this time frame.neighbors etc. I am just assuming this, but if LE has spoken to them, they probably havent spoke out in public. jmo

That's what I was just thinking. I imagine most witnesses for the prosecution will be LE, BC's husband, someone from her office, and maybe her son.

For AL's defense, they may only need psychiatrists, parole officer, etc.

I have no clue what kind of defense CL's attorney will use. I guess her alibi witnesses: fellow nursing students from clinicals and class, the parent whose child she drove to school Friday, the mom from the TP incident, the ex-boyfriend she spent the weekend with.

Oh, and there will be witnesses from the cellular companies and other tech & data providers, I'd bet.

Oh, and there will be witnesses from the cellular companies and other tech & data providers, I'd bet.

Yes because if aps were being used, even hidden aps those will play a part. They just subpoenaed google on another case on WS.

I am sure they will call the gentleman that pulled AL out of the mud. He was already a bit confused about what day he did that. On the IG post he said he didn't remember if it was Thursday or Friday.

I am sure they would investigate his neighbors that spoke to LE as well.

Do any of you feel if BC's phone had not been taken that AL would have gotten away with this? I keep wondering but then think about where she was buried and wonder if he would have eventually been linked since he worked there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennifercockle