GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The T.E. Date of 7/1/2013 date assigned transfer eligible and was paroled a month later.

(KATV)-The man suspected of killing Realtor Beverly Carter, Arron Lewis, was out of jail on parole. The Arkansas Parole Board said Tuesday that because of the nature of Lewis' crimes, mostly theft, the board had no choice but to let him out on parole.

“We can give them a course of action or a program. But once they complete that, the statute says they will be transferred to parole supervision at that time, which was the case with Mr. Lewis,” Chairman of the Arkansas Parole Board, John Felts said.

Lewis has felonies outside of Arkansas, in Utah and Kansas City.

“In his case, those previous felonies were all committed outside of the state or with the federal system, so none of the previous were Arkansas cases, had they been, the outcome might have been different,” Felts said.

Arron Lewis was given parole in August 2013. Within that time, police reports show Lewis had several calls to police placed against him. Including a woman who he gave a ride home, saying he was harassing her.

Arkansas Community Corrections, which monitors parolees, says they can't keep track of parolees when they simply just pop up in police reports. Officers are only notified if the parolee is arrested.

“Not unless there was a report made to the officer or the office, or there was an arrest report,” said Sheila Sharp, director of ACC.

In another report, Lewis allegedly made a threat to a couple, saying “I'm going **** up your house and your family. But since there was no arrest made, this situation would not have likely been reported to his parole officer.
http://www.katv.com/story/26670703/board-explains-why-arron-lewis-was-given-parole

The T.E. Date of 7/1/2013 date assigned transfer eligible and was paroled a month later.

(KATV)-The man suspected of killing Realtor Beverly Carter, Arron Lewis, was out of jail on parole. The Arkansas Parole Board said Tuesday that because of the nature of Lewis' crimes, mostly theft, the board had no choice but to let him out on parole.

“We can give them a course of action or a program. But once they complete that, the statute says they will be transferred to parole supervision at that time, which was the case with Mr. Lewis,” Chairman of the Arkansas Parole Board, John Felts said.

Lewis has felonies outside of Arkansas, in Utah and Kansas City.

“In his case, those previous felonies were all committed outside of the state or with the federal system, so none of the previous were Arkansas cases, had they been, the outcome might have been different,” Felts said.

Arron Lewis was given parole in August 2013. Within that time, police reports show Lewis had several calls to police placed against him. Including a woman who he gave a ride home, saying he was harassing her.

Arkansas Community Corrections, which monitors parolees, says they can't keep track of parolees when they simply just pop up in police reports. Officers are only notified if the parolee is arrested.

“Not unless there was a report made to the officer or the office, or there was an arrest report,” said Sheila Sharp, director of ACC.

In another report, Lewis allegedly made a threat to a couple, saying “I'm going **** up your house and your family. But since there was no arrest made, this situation would not have likely been reported to his parole officer.
http://www.katv.com/story/26670703/board-explains-why-arron-lewis-was-given-parole

Wow to that article. I read it before, but just wow. He was definitely walking straight up that brazen ladder, thinking no one can knock him down. He's so used to getting away with really bad behavior.

This may have already been looked at.
House and Senate Interim Committees on Judiciary Meeting Jointly Oct 6 2014

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/assem...ents/500/I12850/Exhibit B 10-6-14 Minutes.pdf

Goooooood find!!!! And I mentioned this waaaaay back in the first threads- One of these articles said the reason he didn't violate the 3 strike rule is because the crimes were committed in different states. I said it isn't really the 3 strike rule, it is the 101 strike rule. You can get 2 in every state and it is only on the third in a repeat state that you strike out. I wish they would make that across the US rather than per state. Good criminals get the fact that they just need to move around! And he was in a corner with several states right nearby, so he didn't even have to go far. Not ok.

Goooooood find!!!! And I mentioned this waaaaay back in the first threads- One of these articles said the reason he didn't violate the 3 strike rule is because the crimes were committed in different states. I said it isn't really the 3 strike rule, it is the 101 strike rule. You can get 2 in every state and it is only on the third in a repeat state that you strike out. I wish they would make that across the US rather than per state. Good criminals get the fact that they just need to move around! And he was in a corner with several states right nearby, so he didn't even have to go far. Not ok.

I was trying to see if I could find somewhere listing actual date other than just "August 2013". I figured you kiddos had already se then it, I hadn't but doesn't mean anything. Sometimes its good to go back and re examine, sometimes often. One thing for sure, I have learned a lot that I just "thought" I knew, never dealing with just thinking I understood. According to this form though he had did what was suppose to while incarcerated. I saw where they asked for the records to see if he had exhibited any violent nature. That just seems crazy that having those criminal records in another state virtually gives them clean slate here. Some of this stuff you have to read it a couple times to understand what it really is saying. (legal stuff isn't easy for me after a couple lol Thank God for yall)

So I guess the clean slate thingy is why some parolees have to find a state that will allow them to be paroled there? Normal law abiding citizens this is mind blowing!

this explains why AL's parole was revoked-
Not letting his parole officer know he lost his job-- NOT due to his new charges

Looks like all those other parolees they requested files on have done horrific stuff after being paroled.

What would have happened if AL would have let his PO know he lost his job? Would he have been given a specific time to find another place of employment? (I dont know how that works. Never been on parole--never gonna be. )
In hindsight, if the PO knew, would something have happened that could have prevented BC death?
Another question. Arent the PO supposed to be keeping a check on these kinds of things?

AL is charged as being a habitual criminal, isn't he??

What would have happened if AL would have let his PO know he lost his job? Would he have been given a specific time to find another place of employment? (I dont know how that works. Never been on parole--never gonna be. )
In hindsight, if the PO knew, would something have happened that could have prevented BC death?
Another question. Arent the PO supposed to be keeping a check on these kinds of things?

speaking from a family members experience, nothing would be done except telling them to get a job---most get a job just long enough to show PO a pay stub, then quit or get fired on purpose...they are under the radar again for a long time..

ETA this family member has been on parole for more than 10 yrs- sent back for violations serval times , spent 2 months or less each time...he has had 2 jobs in all these yrs that lasted 3 days each..
he just got out again after 2 months, was charged and convicted as a habitual criminal yet did not get anymore time... He got out the day before thanksgiving, has not looked for work and does not intend to..

speaking from a family members experience, nothing would be done except telling them to get a job---most get a job just long enough to show PO a pay stub, then quit or get fired on purpose...they are under the radar again for a long time..

They need to make monthly home visits, check at least monthly with employer etc. If they are sitting in an office waiting for the criminal to pick up the phone this is wrong. They should be checking this Chit out.

Wow to that article. I read it before, but just wow. He was definitely walking straight up that brazen ladder, thinking no one can knock him down. He's so used to getting away with really bad behavior.

But yet he deserves "respect and dignity" (sarcasm intended)

They need to make monthly home visits, check at least monthly with employer etc. If they are sitting in an office waiting for the criminal to pick up the phone this is wrong. They should be checking this Chit out.

totally agree-- can bet if they did surprise home visits they would not find the parolee anywhere near the address on file- they tend to move around a lot ( the ones who do not intend to follow rules)

this explains why AL's parole was revoked-
Not letting his parole officer know he lost his job-- NOT due to his new charges

LOL YEP that's what it says. But if he hadn't gotten himself arrested, the fact of losing him job (breaking a condition of his parole) wouldn't have necessarily gotten it revoked. Evidently he hasn't worked the whole time or if so I don't remember reading where. JMO, by them revoking his parole for him not keeping a job, conditions of his parole, the firearms charges will add more weight with the Kidnapping and Capital Murder. Plus they have elected to use the habitual offender clause or whatever its called. I think that goes towards sentencing correct- the habitual offender more time?

Im sure there are alot of parolees who didn't like the bed & breakfast that much that follow the rules. A multiple repeat offender like AL cant even stay out of jail that long. Why werent they keeping a closer eye on him?

LOL YEP that's what it says. But if he hadn't gotten himself arrested, the fact of losing him job (breaking a condition of his parole) wouldn't have necessarily gotten it revoked. Evidently he hasn't worked the whole time or if so I don't remember reading where. JMO, by them revoking his parole for him not keeping a job, conditions of his parole, the firearms charges will add more weight with the Kidnapping and Capital Murder. Plus they have elected to use the habitual offender clause or whatever its called. I think that goes towards sentencing correct- the habitual offender more time?

in the case of this family member the charge and conviction of habital offender got him nothing- zilch-zero...I had gotten excited for nothing..

I believe they revoked his parole for a couple of reasons-- they had too so there was not outrage & they wanted him out of county jail, due to his stupid childish behavior aand they did not want CL & AL in same jail..

Sorry to repeat myself, but in hindsight, hell has AL ever worked since he was Paroled? Maybe since he has $ he didn't feel the need. Only the need for speed (superman stunt man gag) How the heck could he be doing every thing asked of him if one of the conditions of his parole is to be employed! I guess it doesn't become a problem til someone gets hurt/killed. Karma in my opinion all the bad he did and gets revoked for no job!

Sorry to repeat myself, but in hindsight, hell has AL ever worked since he was Paroled? Maybe since he has $ he didn't feel the need. Only the need for speed (superman stunt man gag) How the heck could he be doing every thing asked of him if one of the conditions of his parole is to be employed! I guess it doesn't become a problem til someone gets hurt/killed. Karma in my opinion all the bad he did and gets revoked for no job!

exactly ..-- paroles get away with so much even not paying their $25 a month to be supervised... conning and stealing is how they get their money...they are not gonna work...I am sure there are some who do the right thing but that would be few and most likely not habitual..

Its in the news/paper here all the time how they don't have bed space. IIRC the Pul County Regional Jail has been closed few time this year except for violent offenders. Bed space in prisons is slim. I personally don't understand, why you give say 4 yr sentence then turn around and suspend X amount. That's kinda like little kids.. if you do that one more time I gonna do whatever ... they do it again.. over and over. They aren't being held accountable. They DO go to jail, they get an education of how to do better crime and don't bet caught. SMH. I don't think theres enough daylight or night time hours for the PO officers to do their job right. And criminals know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46