GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question--
didn't LE say Al made the appt. ?

You may be right. I'm so confused. Okay, do we at least know that it was her phone used to make the appointment? Maybe that's what I was thinking of.

It's so hard when there are so few facts released from officials.

I'm not so sure that it's members that knew BC hijacking the board as much as it is trying to show extreme sensitivity to the dead victim and her family. Some that have been around longer than I can say, but I'm under the impression that this sensitivity isn't unique to this case and the same rule applies to all the other cases discussed here as well.

That said, you do make valid points. It was in the suspect's statement to media and in a televised interview.

BBM

aL said it was a *meeting* place ----which could be a meeting place for him and his co-defendants to meet to kidnap bc????

not a meeting place to meet BC for something to BC"s knowledge( she thought she was showing a house)
remember he said Beverly Carter Who??

BBM

aL said it was a *meeting* place ----which could be a meeting place for him and his co-defendants to meet to kidnap bc????

not a meeting place to meet BC for something to BC"s knowledge( she thought she was showing a house)
That's what I was thinking when I posted about the broker who owned the home CL and AL lived in. Maybe AL thought it was someone else?

BBM

I fully believe it was some sort of money scam. I think any realtor that showed up would have met with the same fate. I do not think murder was originally in AL's plan but something went wrong and I do not believe it was an accident. I think he fully choose to dispose of the evidence. The evidence being Beverly. JMHO

BBM

That's what I was thinking when I posted about the broker who owned the home CL and AL lived in. Maybe AL thought it was someone else?

BBM

I don't believe for a second he didn't know who Beverly was after having kidnapped and murdered her.

or maybe because of the landlady, AL got the impression all brokers are rich so any would do as long as it was a woman he could over power...

I seriously cant believe anyone..in this day and time, would believe they could get away with kidnapping for ransom. Could be what the LEO have evidence of but with technology as it is... it makes no sense. Eagerly awaiting any new info release... For Beverly Carter family sake, I hope they don't say anything more at least until after Christmas... to give them hopefully any little bit of Peace possible.

I'm not so sure I really feel it was a ransom as much as maybe it was for reward money. With so many missing people now days and so many BIG rewards offered for tips. Maybe these two thought they could do this to BC and then try to set it up as someone else did it. Like someone he used to work for that he didn't get along with. I'm pretty sure you can call in a tip without giving your personal information. Crimestoppers will pay you anonymously. Not sure how that works but I know they will. I think they thought they could clean it all up and just collect the reward when calling in a tip where to locate her. I have a friend of a friend that goes around asking questions and calls in tips often and he makes good money off the rewards. He is a brave man. He feels good he is helping get bad guys of the street. I would be worried for his safety! Of course all I have said is my on opinion. No facts just jabber on my part. RIP Beverly

I'm not so sure I really feel it was a ransom as much as maybe it was for reward money. With so many missing people now days and so many BIG rewards offered for tips. Maybe these two thought they could do this to BC and then try to set it up as someone else did it. Like someone he used to work for that he didn't get along with. I'm pretty sure you can call in a tip without giving your personal information. Crimestoppers will pay you anonymously. Not sure how that works but I know they will. I think they thought they could clean it all up and just collect the reward when calling in a tip where to locate her. I have a friend of a friend that goes around asking questions and calls in tips often and he makes good money off the rewards. He is a brave man. He feels good he is helping get bad guys of the street. I would be worried for his safety! Of course all I have said is my on opinion. No facts just jabber on my part. RIP Beverly

BINGO --
both are charged with kidnapping for Ransom OR Reward ... PA said it could be Either or Both ..

THANK YOU! Now That make some sense! Hadnt thought of it like that

That's a really great thought, gnsndr33!

This is about the only theory I have heard so far that really makes sense. The only thing I question is if AL was really smart enough to think this up.

BINGO --
both are charged with kidnapping for Ransom OR Reward ... PA said it could be Either or Both ..

Thank you for pointing out "either or both". I still don't think CL participated in the kidnapping/murder. I'm guessing along the lines that Butler (I believe it was Butler) guessed that it has to do with her communicating with AL during the time these things took place. I look forward to the evidence coming out.

I really can't imagine what type of defense AL hopes to have. He admitted to kidnapping initially. Then in his TV interview he said it was an accident, and that he panicked. Which is basically admitting guilt.

Thank you for pointing out "either or both". I still don't think CL participated in the kidnapping/murder. I'm guessing along the lines that Butler (I believe it was Butler) guessed that it has to do with her communicating with AL during the time these things took place. I look forward to the evidence coming out.

the either and/or is referring to Ransom & Reward ... PA said it could be Ransom or it could be Reward OR it could be both Ransom & Reward..

Its in the news/paper here all the time how they don't have bed space. IIRC the Pul County Regional Jail has been closed few time this year except for violent offenders. Bed space in prisons is slim. I personally don't understand, why you give say 4 yr sentence then turn around and suspend X amount. That's kinda like little kids.. if you do that one more time I gonna do whatever ... they do it again.. over and over. They aren't being held accountable. They DO go to jail, they get an education of how to do better crime and don't bet caught. SMH. I don't think theres enough daylight or night time hours for the PO officers to do their job right. And criminals know this.

brings back memories of Wayne Dummond - remember him? He was in prison for rape - Gov. Huckabee pardoned him (claimed to have found God while in prison) - he moved to Missouri and murdered a woman. That family should have sued Arkansas for millions IMO! Seems I read recently that ADOC was asking for more PO positions and legislature was arguing that there wasn't enough $$. It's a mess!!:gaah:

http://adc.arkansas.gov/contactUs/Pages/default.aspx

Called and talked to several employees at ADOC. They state that AL did not make his TE date of 7/1/13 but that he has a current TE Release date currently of 9/2/2017. I told them this is incorrect and that he was actually out on parole and is now charged with other crimes and back in prison. I was then transferred to another person. I also questioned how can he have a release date of 9/2/17, when he is charged with kidnapping, murder, and firearms possession. That employee had no good answer but transferred me to several other employees in records keeping. None of them could explain why on the current detainer letter filed on December 2, 2014 shows a TE date of 7/1/13. This seems to be a mistake in the paperwork or at least that is what the last employee in records told me. They are going to check on it and see if corrections need to be made.

They will be checking into this and hopefully correcting any error. Moving on from this subject too!

Nice job, NJ! You get things done! Can you come over here and take my Christmas shopping list? My bet is you'd have it knocked out in no time. You go girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay