GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What?? You don't watch Sons of Anarchy? Lol. Seriously though, even not in tv land it happens. Not just sexual currency, but other services, drugs, etc. It is a whole different world in there. Someone with experience of how the inside system runs can get what they want, for the most part. We know AL has spent enough time inside to very likely know the ropes.

I think my family is about the only ones that never watched SOA. LOL You are right, maybe he still had some favors owed to him, from when he was there before.

Obviously, none of us know what is going on in her brain. I have been divorced many years ago, and even at the point of wanting to break ties, it didn't mean that the love was gone. Of course, I had been married for a long time, and there was a lot of good history between us. I just try putting myself in her shoes and thinking I would want to know answers. Honestly, I don't know if the true story will ever come out.

BBM. I have been here, too, and I could not agree more. I want to make it clear I am not DEFENDING anything CL may have done with regard to the kidnapping and murder of Beverly; however, my comments are just related to not losing the love for someone you're divorcing. Unless you've been there it is pretty difficult to understand the feeling of still loving the person you also feel disgust for (the actions of). I get it. I just get it. (And in my case I'm not even talking about illegal actions.....just immoral and reprehensible ones)

Well that is what she told me at the time when I tried to get her away from him. I tend to question that now. Other friends have said she told them she still loved him. After seeing the IG post between her and the girl he cheated with I have even more questions.

I'm not sure she wanted me to know she loved him because I did not approve of him.
BBM

The heart wants what the heart wants. Doesn't make it right or even make sense. I was in a relationship that I knew was bad for me but stayed in because I THOUGHT I could help him, that he would change. Pretty much the definition of co-dependency. Doesn't justify the decision I made...just saying I can see how you can KNOW you need to leave but still be under the spell and stay!

As you stated in a post above, he admitted to kidnapping her. No need to wait for proof of a crime. I would certainly not support a person who admitted to kidnapping a murdered woman. Especially if I already knew I wanted a divorce from him. We are certainly different.

I'm pretty confident I would not contribute money or care about the "husband" who openly cheated on me, lied to me, couldn't or wouldn't keep a job, and refused to move out of the home of my daughter whom he despised and me, even though he knew how desperate I was to get rid of him.

I would be turning cartwheels and celebrating with my daughter and our friends that he was finally gone.

But that's just me.

BBM. I have been here, too, and I could not agree more. I want to make it clear I am not DEFENDING anything CL may have done with regard to the kidnapping and murder of Beverly; however, my comments are just related to not losing the love for someone you're divorcing. Unless you've been there it is pretty difficult to understand the feeling of still loving the person you also feel disgust for (the actions of). I get it. I just get it. (And in my case I'm not even talking about illegal actions.....just immoral and reprehensible ones)

But had they even know each other very long? It didn't sound like it to me. Had he done all of that after a longer term relationship, I can see wanting to prove your loyalty to your man but whirlwind courtship, quick marriage, separated about 3 months later, then being manipulated to let him come back and then all of the rest.

HOWEVER - possible that in her mind, he could once again be her ideal husband while behind bars.
No more jealousy, worries about if he's lying, no more fights, etc.

JMO

I'm pretty confident I would not contribute money or care about the "husband" who openly cheated on me, lied to me, couldn't or wouldn't keep a job, and refused to move out of the home of my daughter whom he despised and me, even though he knew how desperate I was to get rid of him.

I would be turning cartwheels and celebrating with my daughter and our friends that he was finally gone.

But that's just me.

I was beginning to think I was odd! And I am not even talking about love. I can excuse not being able to get past "love" so quickly. I am talking about giving money that I don't even have to pay bills and have to ask others to pay for stuff for me. Giving that to someone who admitted to kidnapping a murdered woman. I can excuse what happens in a heart, but again an immature response! TO ME, MY OPINION, someone in a precarious financial situation who cannot afford $50 and thinks her "husband" committed a crime that she had no part of and is now being watched by the police who think she played a part in that crime would NOT give that money to him. No matter what kind of "love" she had. At least not in my world. Maybe I am an ice queen for being okay with him eating meals provided by the prison when I can't afford food or rent for myself or my child. Maybe I am cold hearted to think that "love" and providing prison money isn't worth being associated with a kidnapping and capital murder that I did not commit! No thanks. I have a child to think about. I will remain icy, I guess.

brings back memories of Wayne Dummond - remember him? He was in prison for rape - Gov. Huckabee pardoned him (claimed to have found God while in prison) - he moved to Missouri and murdered a woman. That family should have sued Arkansas for millions IMO! Seems I read recently that ADOC was asking for more PO positions and legislature was arguing that there wasn't enough $$. It's a mess!!:gaah:

Yes, and also the other one that was iirc paroled or pardoned that went Washington State and killed the police officer may have been 2. Been long time now, I would have to look up but Def Dummond came to mind first thing.

Since CL has a public defender is Holiman still on the case also? I am going by the court dockets page and I see 10/17/2014 Holiman -Entry of Appearance
Qualls is also listed as Attoney. This is on the Theft by Rec case

CL div case against AL, no Attorney is listed as CL filed pro se, yet Holiman signed off on the Nov order at the bottom and AL sent him copy of his Response.

In the Formal Charges case in CL as filed for Public Defender. Qualls for that matter is listed on all the case dockets except for the div.

After reading up on this Attorney -Holiman, if ever I was in need of an Attorney I would hope I could get him. Seems good! I just read of one case and were a
"even veteran defense attorney described as "highly unusual," the U.S. Attorney's Office in Little Rock has dismissed a 59-count criminal indictment against a former medical office manager accused of embezzling more than $610,000." That's a pretty good Attorney! I sure he told CL not to be making any comment to anyone, that's why we haven't heard anything from her. Having a friend help her get him to do this pro bono, she would most likely heed to his recommendations.

I just curious how it works. Since Holiman has made and Entry of Appearance on the Theft case, he showing to be her Attorney there correct?
So would he be able to work on the Circuit case even if she has a Pub Defender? And if yes, why? Would that not be taking resources away from the Pub Def office on a case someone else could be using? If he can where would be the justice in that. Even if Holiman was working Pro Bono. Beaglebrd- do you know how this works. Not calling you out, I know you keep up with some cases and I look up to ya on this ;)

Since CL has a public defender is Holiman still on the case also? I am going by the court dockets page and I see 10/17/2014 Holiman -Entry of Appearance

CL div case against AL, no Attorney is listed as CL filed pro se, yet Holiman signed off on the Nov order at the bottom and AL sent him copy of his Response.

In the Formal Charges case in CL as filed for Public Defender. Qualls for that matter is listed on all the case dockets except for the div.

After reading up on this Attorney -Holiman, if ever I was in need of an Attorney I would hope I could get him. Seems good! I just read of one case and were a
"even veteran defense attorney described as "highly unusual," the U.S. Attorney's Office in Little Rock has dismissed a 59-count criminal indictment against a former medical office manager accused of embezzling more than $610,000." That's a pretty good Attorney! I sure he told CL not to be making any comment to anyone, that's why we haven't heard anything from her. Having a friend help her get him to do this pro bono, she would most likely heed to his recommendations.

I just curious how it works. Since Holiman has made and Entry of Appearance on the Theft case, he showing to be her Attorney there correct?
So would he be able to work on the Circuit case even if she has a Pub Defender? And if yes, why? Would that not be taking resources away from the Pub Def office on a case someone else could be using? If he can where would be the justice in that. Even if Holiman was working Pro Bono. Beaglebrd- do you know how this works. Not calling you out, I know you keep up with some cases and I look up to ya on this ;)

Both Qualls & Holliman are listed as Cl's atty for the Theft charge??

Great lawyer Holliman is to get charges with drawn on those kinds of charges !! wow How did CL get hooked up with him for Pro Bono on her Theft charge?? or did she have money to pay him??

I don't know how it works. If his name is not on the case file then I would think he's not on the case. I'm pretty certain that our VI, NJ, said Holiman was helping out with the case for the theft as a favor for a mutual friend of his and CL. But that he wasn't on the case for murder and kidnapping. And there was copy of CL's indigent status on the Pulaski County Clerk page at one time, but they took it down. It showed how much money she has. I remember there was a 401K with over $11,000. I guess they don't have to use that. And then she was given a public defender, Qualls, I think.

I don't know how it works. If his name is not on the case file then I would think he's not on the case. I'm pretty certain that our VI, NJ, said Holiman was helping out with the case for the theft as a favor for a mutual friend of his and CL. But that he wasn't on the case for murder and kidnapping. And there was copy of CL's indigent status on the Pulaski County Clerk page at one time, but they took it down. It showed how much money she has. I remember there was a 401K with over $11,000. I guess they don't have to use that. And then she was given a public defender, Qualls, I think.

Im not following. So she gets to keep the 401K and it doesnt have to be used first on her public defender?

Thank you. That's what I was thinking also. I just remb a conversation you commented on Holiman when he first made Entry. I had never heard of him (which means nothing). I am like you, if his name isn't on the case file, not on case. The Theft by Rec charge is in District Court where as the Capital Murder and Kidnapping charges are in Circuit Court. Thanks again

Im not following. So she gets to keep the 401K and it doesnt have to be used first on her public defender?

It was listed. I don't know if she gets to keep it or use it for the public defender. I just know it was on her indigent form.

It was listed. I don't know if she gets to keep it or use it for the public defender. I just know it was on her indigent form.

I was just wondering how that worked. I imagine your house would be something you wouldn't have to use. Savings etc I would think they would make you use first. I really dont know what you are allowed to have.

Great lawyer Holliman is to get charges with drawn on those kinds of charges !! wow How did CL get hooked up with him for Pro Bono on her Theft charge?? or did she have money to pay him??
Sounds like he made quite a reputation for himself. If he was able to get someone off of
59-counts of embezzling he probably doesn't have the time or need to get his name out there to work a criminal case that will tie him up for months pro bono. Clients are probably ringing his phone off the wall. jmo

CL Theft by Rec case

3 ATTORNEY 1002396 HOLIMAN, RICHARD E
Aliases: HOLIMAN, RICHARD E.

1 JUDGE 11315936 DISTRICT JUDGE OF PULASKI COUNTY
Aliases: none

2 DEFENDANT 2910554 LOWERY, CRYSTAL HOPE
Aliases: none

4 ATTORNEY 1004138 QUALLS, STEVEN BRET
Aliases: QUALLS, BRET

Yes, both are listed on the Theft charge case.
WOW this first time noticed that the Theft by Rec charge was bound over to Circuit Court... is this so they can use this as evidence, whatever the theft object or possible objects are, in the Capital Murder case? Very well may be why. JMHO

Violations

LOWERY, CRYSTAL HOPE

Violation: 1 Citation#: Age at Violation: 41 Plea:
5-36-106(e)(4) THEFT BY RECEIVING <= $1,000; MA Disp:01-DEC-14 BOUND OVER TO CIRCUIT COURT
Level: MA CLASS A MISDEMEANOR
Violation Date: 29-SEP-14
Violation Time:

https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/c...o=P&case_id=PCS-14-6992&begin_date=&end_date=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46