GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, I have not mentioned "VI" in any of my responses to you <Mod Snip>

Oops, sorry about that. I assumed that was who you were referring to. I apologize for misunderstanding.

I imagine if I was a VI on a murder case and a friend of mine was in prison awaiting trial on kidnapping and capital murder.... I might do my best, on any public board, to inject "reasonable doubt" into the conversation at any opportunity I could find. That is if I believe my friend to be innocent of the charges. It wouldn't make me a bad person but it could, given enough time and latitude of posting, be somewhat successful in actually adding that doubt to the story. Given I was already established as an insider. It could also backfire and make the public in general take everything I say with a long grain of salt.

When any VI repeatedly contradicts themselves and their story over time however,.... I do think it's incumbent upon other community members to point it out so that new readers know the current statement or position might be very different from what they previously reported. To err is human, but to repeatedly err in one direction is ....perhaps suspect. <--- (note the qualifying use of the word "perhaps" please). :)

MOOoooooo cow

I think if I had a friend I believed in and found out they were leading a double life Id start questioning myself as to how well I really knew that person. Maybe I didn't know them at all and what they are capable of. Once you realize you have been fooled by them it should be easier to prepare yourself for more shockers coming out. jmo

Just out of curiosity, did she ever express an opinion to your family whether she believed he was capable of the crimes he was accused of?

Oops, sorry. I thought you were Butler.
When I asked she stated she knew as much as I did. This was Sunday after the crime was committed.

I think if I had a friend I believed in and found out they were leading a double life Id start questioning myself as to how well I really knew that person. Maybe I didn't know them at all and what they are capable of. Once you realize you have been fooled by them it should be easier to prepare yourself for more shockers coming out. jmo

Like someone said earlier ...we know so little, anything is possible at this point.

For all we know, AL could be innocent of the murder charges too. He could have been the hired hand to deliver the victim to another party for some purported blackmail scheme - for a nice fee - and, believing it was all just in a days work, then gone home to play video games after.... no big deal. And called the police about the TP issue outside..., no big deal -- and then discovers later when he's arrested that his accomplice/co-defendant to whom he delivered the person had subsequently killed her (intentionally or not) and buried her right where AL worked to set up and frame him for the murder. One would have to be reallllly dumb to kill someone and bury them at your last place of employment and expect to get away with it. Going over his background, his family and such....he's no Einstein of crime, but he's not that dumb either. Read his elaborate descriptions of his physical mistreatment when he went to jail. He has some foxy wiley capacity in that brain. Who dumps the body at work?

I'm not saying this is what I think happened, but that anything is possible at this stage. And I know, if the above were true... he would have ratted out the co-defendant up front without hesitation. Or tried to. Unless there might be serious consequences to him in the jail for doing that. But point is, we're all pretty clueless so far. Sadly!

We all see things differently. I am not bothered by anyone who has an opinion that CL is guilty or not. I have said repeatedly that CL maybe guilty, she maybe the mastermind behind it all. But just because she was arrested and just because her morals don't line up with others that doesn't prove anything to me. I personally do not have faith in our justice system and that is my right.

Quoting because it bears repeating... Amen!

I think the reason we keep going back and forth on this thread is because people continue to say we are "defending CL". I don't think anyone is here "defending" CL. I think we just have doubts as to her involvement. That doesn't mean we are defending her or that we don't think she has anything to do with this at all. I think we can all agree that CL's character is... well... questionable. That STILL doesn't prove her guilt. And that statement isn't defending her. It's just pointing out that WE DON'T KNOW. None of us know with a certainty 100% except CL, AL, BC and MAYBE LE. Anyone who claims otherwise is a liar.

I think the reason we keep going back and forth on this thread is because people continue to say we are "defending CL". I don't think anyone is here "defending" CL. I think we just have doubts as to her involvement. That doesn't mean we are defending her or that we don't think she has anything to do with this at all. I think we can all agree that CL's character is... well... questionable. That STILL doesn't prove her guilt. And that statement isn't defending her. It's just pointing out that WE DON'T KNOW. None of us know with a certainty 100% except CL, AL, BC and MAYBE LE. Anyone who claims otherwise is a liar.

I respectfully disagree. Some have acting defensively and at times antagonistically and argued with anyone who delves into CL's involvement. This is simply a fact. Previous threads speak volumes to that. It is a given that CL might not be guilty of the crimes she had been charged with just as its a given that she might be as well. I see behavioral patterning that tells me CL made incredibly poor choices again and again that may very well have pushed her over the edge from poor choices to fully criminal ones. I really do believe there will be far more unsavory facts revealed once the evidence comes out, but until then I am happy to take any and all opinions, theories and speculation on board.

Do you have a link for this? I don't recall reading that there were tips that led to her arrest? Curious! Thanks!

I am just catching up, and Yes I do have a link, it was posted not sure if it was deleted, appears some stuff is gone from last night. I will find and repost.

Why are we "going back & forth" at all? Websleuths is not a legal forum, it's a discussion forum where opinions are stated. No one has ever said they can "prove" AL or CL is guilty?

Personally I have no doubt as to CL's involvement, that's my opinion. Yours is different. Our posts will differ on the subject. If I don't agree with your post, I'll most likely skip a response and scroll on by. Period, end of story.

If others choose to respond to your post, contrasting it with their own opinion, what's wrong with that? I haven't seen anyone be disrespectful?

Anyway, you have made several posts in this same tone, so I wanted to respond. Moving on ...

Do you have a link for this? I don't recall reading that there were tips that led to her arrest? Curious! Thanks!

Here ya go! From Oct 30, 2014 and updated 10/31/2014

"After a month-long investigation, authorities obtained a warrant for her arrest on Thursday. She faces the same charges as Lewis, capital murder and kidnapping.
"Did you kill her? Did you have any involvement in Beverly Carter's death?," reporters asked her again, but she remained quiet.
Investigators had interviewed Lowery the same day they arrested Lewis but didn't get much information out of either one.
"She didn't tell us anything at that point that gave us enough evidence to arrest her. But through the investigative process, we managed to get enough to get the warrant," says Lt. Carl Minden with the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office (PCSO).
The PCSO says it still had a number of tips and leads to look through this past month. They found enough evidence to link her to Carter's killing.
"You know, we've had suspicions all along. This is just something through the investigative process that just happened to wrap up today," Lt. Minden explained.
Investigators don't know if Lowery knew Carter. They also don't know if Lewis gave out any information about his wife being involved in the crimes.
"Everything in this case is sealed by the prosecutor and court. But there's a link there. Obviously a fairly substantial link for her to get the charges she has."
http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...d-suspect-in-car/51345/0ftDh9lqbUWBxvPu6eBTGg

Forgive me, when did it get unpopular to sleuth Crystal L? She is not simply a POI, but charged with CAPITAL murder of Beverly Carter, kidnapping (again Beverly Carter) and receiving stolen goods in the process. I get it that everybody deserves a fair trial but I can't believe that LE and the Arkansas State Attorney General just pulled these charges against CL out of thin air or wherever. Of course, CL's or AL's Social Media Accts can't be brought up here as fact due to TOS. The children should never be sleuthed.

I think its just harder to believe that a mother would participate in a crime like this to another mother or even cover it up for that matter. jmo

I imagine if I was a VI on a murder case and a friend of mine was in prison awaiting trial on kidnapping and capital murder.... I might do my best, on any public board, to inject "reasonable doubt" into the conversation at any opportunity I could find. That is if I believe my friend to be innocent of the charges. It wouldn't make me a bad person but it could, given enough time and latitude of posting, be somewhat successful in actually adding that doubt to the story. Given I was already established as an insider. It could also backfire and make the public in general take everything I say with a long grain of salt.

When any VI repeatedly contradicts themselves and their story over time however,.... I do think it's incumbent upon other community members to point it out so that new readers know the current statement or position might be very different from what they previously reported. To err is human, but to repeatedly err in one direction is ....perhaps suspect. <--- (note the qualifying use of the word "perhaps" please). :)

MOOoooooo cow
Not sure how much or what got deleted before this post, Nov 1 2014 mid thread #4. This is the first post for the 1st VI. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-4-ARREST!&p=11156457#post11156457

My very first post ever ~And I misspoke and went back and edited it Nov 10th, mid thread #5. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sing-realtor-5-ARREST&p=11185902#post11185902

I have followed many trials, a hand full from very beginning to verdict time.. Passion does cause some discussions to get crazy. Prior to my very first post there was heated discussions between that Nov 1 post, and my very first post on Nov 10th. I was not part of those discussions. But when I went back and read older posts trying to catch up, I got confused. When I posted the conflicting posts with links, asking for clarity. The posts I asked about are on Nov 2nd... they are all still there.... mine are not, where I asked later because I was not here during the initial conversation. I was not trying to be rude or call anyone a liar... still not, just asking for clarification so that I could understand what was meant. As to for my own opinion if I valued or not. I understand differences of opinions, and respect it. I try to be open minded, never know something someone else sees could actually cause you to see it differently. To me this site is like a big brainstorming session. We aren't the ones who charge people of crimes. We aren't or shouldn't be on jury. A situation of something horrible brought us all here for different reasons. I can agree to disagree. Adults do that. Not always easy... but baiting people to cause conflict is very non productive. I enjoy reading, sharing, brainstorming...here. But not the conflict. I didn't bring it.. I guess I just happened to come in the middle of it and it was assumed I was trolling. I am not, nor was not. Hopefully we are past that and can start the brainstorming, sharing and so forth that was going on before the conflicts arose. Conflicts are a part of life.. just have to figure out how to deal with them.

Okay, okay, I'll play one time...some ARE "defending CL," others are NOT "defending CL." And what is wrong with that?? What am I missing??

Do you care to elaborate on anyone and/or any posts where a poster or posters have said or made mention of that any of us "know with a certainty 100%"??

CL is taken in for questioning at the ATM on Monday 9/29. *AL states this in his Fed Filing and Butler stated this.
On court docket it shows the Theft by Rec viol date is 9/29...

Violation: 1 Citation#: Age at Violation: 41 Plea:
5-36-106(e)(4) THEFT BY RECEIVING <= $1,000; MA Disp:01-DEC-14 BOUND OVER TO CIRCUIT COURT
Level: MA CLASS A MISDEMEANOR
Violation Date: 29-SEP-14

10/09/2014
09:13 AM ARREST WARRANT SERVED

10/09/2014
09:13 AM PLEA & ARRAIGNMENT SCHEDULED

10/17/2014
01:13 PM ENTRY OF APPEARANCE HOLIMAN, RICHARD E

On 10/9 it shows that Plea & Arraignment was scheduled. We don't know the date that the P&A was scheduled for. We do know that per this comment from Rick Holiman, after CL was arrested "Holliman said he's been Lowery's attorney since about 10 days after Carter's body was found. Still, he called her arrest "a surprise." . That would coincide with the 10/9 date. << Date that the court docket says MISDEMEANOR warrant was served.
http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...-arkansas-realtor-pleads-not-guilty/18235889/

FH was all a buzz that the filing had been made, on the Theft by Receiving charge. That was posted right away.

This ArkDemGaz article states that LEO started surveillance of AL on Sunday Morning 9/28.. We don't know yet, from where they had been watching AL..."Investigators began conducting surveillance on Lewis about 7 a.m. Sept. 28, he said. As searchers continued looking for Carter that Sunday, Lewis crashed his car about 10 a.m. near 8727 Jacksonville-Cato Road in Sherwood." Wonder what happened, if anything those 3 hrs prior to AL wrecking... http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-3-ARREST!&p=11054346#post11054346

I know VI Butler & NJ and I respect their comments, that CL/AL home was searched on Sunday 9/28. I want to believe that they did, if nothing else to make sure BC wasn't in the house. The Kidnapping warrant for AL was signed off on abt 430pm on Sunday 9/28.

I can not find any news media saying the house was searched on Sunday(very possible I have overlooked) but the only thing I can find is on Monday, the neighbor (who only wanted to give initials to one station yet gave name to another) said the LEO took an envelope out of the trash at AL/CL home. I have seen where it was said by neighbors that CL came home to get change of clothing on Sunday.. by neighbors. Neighbors were on high alert on Sunday. If LEO had searched the home on Sunday, wouldn't that have been something for the media to report? They were trying to hurry and be the first to get out anything. Here is where I found the info about the envelope. http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...rter-realtor-kidnapping-arron-lewis/16449117/ This was on Monday Sept 29th.

Is it possible that LEO only took CL in on Monday 9/29 to question her and it was thought by TKL that she had been arrested? and they searched the home and found the "whatever it is" that the Theft by Receiving charge is about. Holiman didn't go on record of being CL attorney til the afternoon of 10/17. The date CL was served with the emer custody paperwork. So much happened and so quick and CL wasn't arrested for a month.. is it possible that some dates could be confused as to when home searched and CL was arrested? I mean no disrespect just trying to figure out in my head, lol if that's possible. Provided links, other than that, jmho

I was doing some googling/researching and it's actually amazing what extremes LE can and do go to in order to watch/observe their perps/suspects. For example, installing surveillance cameras/systems surrounding suspected perps/suspects homes, installing tracking devices on their vehicles, honing devices that record all conversations inside the home from miles and miles away at times, having devices that act as cell phone tower, one is called Stingray, that intercepts all cell phone calls...
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/08/cellphone-data-spying-nsa-police/3902809/

Also, it seems that nothing is ever completely erased once it's put out there, it can all be retrieved; whether it be text messages, emails, phone calls, internet searches, internet posts, etc.

I'm sure a lot of you already know this but I didn't realize the extent that LE/investigators go to, nor the technology/equipment available to assist in their investigations. I do not have links. I am just sharing these generalized thoughts and things I ran across and what I learned from it all in hopes it might shine a little light on the subject of who knows what all LE could or could not have in regards to evidence etc.

But I have made my own mind up to one thing and that being, I would not want to be involved in helping someone in any way, shape or form who has been charged with a crime as serious as Capital Murder and Kidnapping with a time line or anything else related to those charges, as interestingly enough, from what I understand from reading, accessory after the fact is not a charge to take lightly either! JMO, MOO, etc

I was doing some googling/researching and it's actually amazing what extremes LE can and do go to in order to watch/observe their perps/suspects. For example, installing surveillance cameras/systems surrounding suspected perps/suspects homes, installing tracking devices on their vehicles, honing devices that record all conversations inside the home from miles and miles away at times, having devices that act as cell phone tower, one is called Stingray, that intercepts all cell phone calls...
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/08/cellphone-data-spying-nsa-police/3902809/

Also, it seems that nothing is ever completely erased once it's put out there, it can all be retrieved; whether it be text messages, emails, phone calls, internet searches, internet posts, etc.

I'm sure a lot of you already know this but I didn't realize the extent that LE/investigators go to, nor the technology/equipment available to assist in their investigations. I do not have links. I am just sharing these generalized thoughts and things I ran across and what I learned from it all in hopes it might shine a little light on the subject of who knows what all LE could or could not have in regards to evidence etc.

I think electronic devices will play a big role in this trial. pings, texts, pics etc. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy