GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the general public be able to attend the trial? Just curious how that works.

At the Feb 26th hearing I wonder if they will set a trial date or is it too soon for that? I think it will start toward the end of the year but that's jmo. I dont know for sure.

I know its a different state and all but in the Heather Elvis case they just recently set a trial date and the two arrested in that case was arrested in March of 2014 if I recall correctly. I think the trial will be sometime next year but I don't know anything for sure. Just my opinion. :smile:

I know its a different state and all but in the Heather Elvis case they just recently set a trial date and the two arrested in that case was arrested in March of 2014 if I recall correctly. I think the trial will be sometime next year but I don't know anything for sure. Just my opinion. :smile:

Not soon enough for that one!

So it sounds like the cases may be tried together since their lawyers are working together. So old AL tried slipping letters to CL through their attorneys and isnt happy prison read them. Trying to slip a letter is a no no but not sure he doesnt have a valid claim if it was addressed to his attorney. And now he wants to keep his attorney.

I guess we can count on AL to keep filing motions up until trial. jmo.

O/T, but...IMA, I wanna steal your basket full of goodies! Today is a 'need chocolate' day. Please stop tantalizing me, lol.

Even if their cases arent tried together, with the lawyers working together it appears to me that no one is going to roll on the other. jmo

So it sounds like the cases may be tried together since their lawyers are working together. So old AL tried slipping letters to CL through their attorneys and isnt happy prison read them. Trying to slip a letter is a no no but not sure he doesnt have a valid claim if it was addressed to his attorney. And now he wants to keep his attorney.

I guess we can count on AL to keep filing motions up until trial. jmo.

Wasn't his motion to dismiss his attorney denied anyway? Why was it necessary for him to file that?

If it's against the rules to send letters to another inmate, but it's OK to have letters to attorneys kept private, what's to keep any inmate from passing along letters that way through their attorneys if they cooperate? Can attorneys get in trouble for that?

Even if their cases arent tried together, with the lawyers working together it appears to me that no one is going to roll on the other. jmo

And that CL isn't in a rush to distance herself from AL.

Wasn't his motion to dismiss his attorney denied anyway? Why was it necessary for him to file that?

If it's against the rules to send letters to another inmate, but it's OK to have letters to attorneys kept private, what's to keep any inmate from passing along letters that way through their attorneys if they cooperate? Can attorneys get in trouble for that?

I would think they would get in trouble if they got caught.

I know I said it once, but I'm going to say it again. This guy has got to be every attorney's nightmare client.

I know I said it once, but I'm going to say it again. This guy has got to be every attorney's nightmare client.

Imagine the prison. They have to handle him with kid gloves because he will file a complaint.

So, I see there is a request for transport to move him on Jan. 20 for the mental evaluation. There is also an request for an extention for the mental evaluation that was done shortly beforehand. Is Jan. 20 the new mental eval date or the old mental eval date?

**what I wouldn't do to be a fly on the wall.......

This should be interesting going forward. AL always blames or points the finger away from himself, so how will the Attorney's work together on "their" defense?

What a client nightmare he is!!!!

So, I see there is a request for transport to move him on Jan. 20 for the mental evaluation. There is also an request for an extention for the mental evaluation that was done shortly beforehand. Is Jan. 20 the new mental eval date or the old mental eval date?

**what I wouldn't do to be a fly on the wall.......

I believe this is his new date.

CL is taken in for questioning at the ATM on Monday 9/29. *AL states this in his Fed Filing and Butler stated this.
On court docket it shows the Theft by Rec viol date is 9/29...

Violation: 1 Citation#: Age at Violation: 41 Plea:
5-36-106(e)(4) THEFT BY RECEIVING <= $1,000; MA Disp:01-DEC-14 BOUND OVER TO CIRCUIT COURT
Level: MA CLASS A MISDEMEANOR
Violation Date: 29-SEP-14

10/09/2014
09:13 AM ARREST WARRANT SERVED

10/09/2014
09:13 AM PLEA & ARRAIGNMENT SCHEDULED

10/17/2014
01:13 PM ENTRY OF APPEARANCE HOLIMAN, RICHARD E

On 10/9 it shows that Plea & Arraignment was scheduled. We don't know the date that the P&A was scheduled for. We do know that per this comment from Rick Holiman, after CL was arrested "Holliman said he's been Lowery's attorney since about 10 days after Carter's body was found. Still, he called her arrest "a surprise." . That would coincide with the 10/9 date. << Date that the court docket says MISDEMEANOR warrant was served.
http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...-arkansas-realtor-pleads-not-guilty/18235889/

FH was all a buzz that the filing had been made, on the Theft by Receiving charge. That was posted right away.

This ArkDemGaz article states that LEO started surveillance of AL on Sunday Morning 9/28.. We don't know yet, from where they had been watching AL..."Investigators began conducting surveillance on Lewis about 7 a.m. Sept. 28, he said. As searchers continued looking for Carter that Sunday, Lewis crashed his car about 10 a.m. near 8727 Jacksonville-Cato Road in Sherwood." Wonder what happened, if anything those 3 hrs prior to AL wrecking... http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-3-ARREST!&p=11054346#post11054346

I know VI Butler & NJ and I respect their comments, that CL/AL home was searched on Sunday 9/28. I want to believe that they did, if nothing else to make sure BC wasn't in the house. The Kidnapping warrant for AL was signed off on abt 430pm on Sunday 9/28.

I can not find any news media saying the house was searched on Sunday(very possible I have overlooked) but the only thing I can find is on Monday, the neighbor (who only wanted to give initials to one station yet gave name to another) said the LEO took an envelope out of the trash at AL/CL home. I have seen where it was said by neighbors that CL came home to get change of clothing on Sunday.. by neighbors. Neighbors were on high alert on Sunday. If LEO had searched the home on Sunday, wouldn't that have been something for the media to report? They were trying to hurry and be the first to get out anything. Here is where I found the info about the envelope. http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...rter-realtor-kidnapping-arron-lewis/16449117/ This was on Monday Sept 29th.

Is it possible that LEO only took CL in on Monday 9/29 to question her and it was thought by TKL that she had been arrested? and they searched the home and found the "whatever it is" that the Theft by Receiving charge is about. Holiman didn't go on record of being CL attorney til the afternoon of 10/17. The date CL was served with the emer custody paperwork. So much happened and so quick and CL wasn't arrested for a month.. is it possible that some dates could be confused as to when home searched and CL was arrested? I mean no disrespect just trying to figure out in my head, lol if that's possible. Provided links, other than that, jmho

This isn't directed at you AM, but your post made me think of something for the umpteenth time that I never brought up. I may have missed this earlier if it was covered already. What was CL doing at the ATM? Could she have been trying to get funds from an account other than her own? It is possible, yes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I don't know how all this stuff works, but wouldn't it stand to reason that if CLs attorney needed something from AL, that he would meet with him personally? Or wouldn't ALs current attorney draft something from his own office? Why would either attorney have AL write something to be delivered to CL?

I wonder if AL is a) delusional and making stuff up or b) his lawyer just told him he would deliver it to her just to shut him up, but had no intention of doing so....because he's delusionial.

Notice in either scenario...he's delusional. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member