GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a custody court date on Feb 12. My wife asked if she could wear her remember Beverly t shirt to court. I told her only if it arrives in time. I'm ordering one today.

What a wonderful show of support from your family to Beverly's, TKL. That is wonderful. Your wife sounds amazing! Beverly's son also sounds like such an incredible human being! Through all of the darkness of this case, what stands shining at the end will be two wonderful families who were brought together through evil. I hope when this is all over, the shining stars are what is focused on! The good in this world is exactly what keeps us all going.

Custody court is Feb 12. CL will not sign the change of custody agreement. So now I have to drive all the way to LR.

Custody court is Feb 12. CL will not sign the change of custody agreement. So now I have to drive all the way to LR.

You will, unfortunately, be picking up the pieces for someone else's bad behavior for a long time. That is not fun, for sure!

And her lawyer just objected. I don't care what's he gonna do put me in jail for a t shirt....lol

And her lawyer just objected. I don't care what's he gonna do put me in jail for a t shirt....lol

Well, you would certainly think that anyone who is innocent of murdering a person would be supportive of that murdered person, right? I know if I was accused of killing someone and I didnt do it, I would be supportive of that person's family. I would not be happy that I was wrongly accused, but I certainly would be supportive of the person who got murdered and her family and want her killer found and brought to justice.

I have to say, TKL. I was not even aware that custody would be an issue while someone is in prison for something so horrific as murder and kidnapping. I'm not sure why you would even have to jump through these hoops right now. It is not helpful to anyone. I guess I never really thought about it, but I never would have imagined that custody would still be an issue at this point. If anything, they should just grant it until or unless her incarcerated status changes. Then, I guess she could battle it. But why now with no end in sight for her being released? I learned something new today!

What are CL's alternatives for your daughter? Does she actually think this is a case of "this too shall pass"? Wow! Kind of proves to me she doesn't live in the real world. As for your wife wearing the T shirt to court.... No. You should be dressed in business casual or better. Your wife should do the same. Not necessarily a smart modest suit like an attorney would wear but a decent comfortable pantsuit or dress. This is a custody hearing and trust me, the judge will look at you differently. I'm afraid the shirt will be in an in-your-face-revenge message. As much as I don't like it, there is a class system in place. Save the T shirt for casual wear around the town.

BTW: I want to make it crystal clear (no pun intended) that you and your family should have custody.

Kind of weird to me that HER lawyer would bring up the T shirt. This is a custody hearing, not a bystander in the court gallery.

Kind of weird to me that HER lawyer would bring up the T shirt. This is a custody hearing, not a bystander in the court gallery.

How would her attorney know what the other party plans to wear to court? Anyway your post above is absolutely correct. No tees or jeans should ever be worn to court. I don't care that other people do it, Judges do not think highly of it.

She could certainly find a way to wear it while still dressing professionally, if she wanted. That's not the point. If the issue was that the judge would view them as unprofessional, don't you think Crystal's attorney would want them to wear it? Obviously, the attorney is not concerned that they won't look professional enough. He is concerned that Crystal is accused of killing a person. It is difficult to seem all sweet and innocent when that person's presence is physically in the court room. TKL, y'all wear whatever you feel compelled to do.

Why does she have an option to "agree" to anything!? Are the kids supposed to sleep in her cell with her? She should get in trouble for creating drama!!

I am so confused. What does the statement mean that the lawyer objected? Was he on the phone with your wife and said she shouldn't wear it. Sorry if I am having a blonde moment.

I have no legal expertise or knowledge but after doing some research per Google, and if I am understanding it correctly, a parent being incarcerated does not mean they automatically lose custody. “Physical custody” yes because obviously if incarcerated, they cannot provide a home to have the child with them. But the incarcerated parent may still be able to have “joint legal custody” as long as they are able to stay in contact with the child while they are incarcerated – for example, thru phone calls, letters, visits, etc.

Also, if I am reading it correctly, other things can play into the picture such as how long the parent has been incarcerated; for example, if it's for the majority or certain percentage of the child's juvenile life etc.

Legal counsel who deal with custody issues, obviously would know the answers and instruct their clients on how to proceed.

This is all JMO, just my thoughts and just my guesses on how I understand it.

Maybe she thinks if she keeps custody, she will get payment from the noncustodial parent

Hi, everybody! (Especially you, Mimi. You'll be self-educated enough to pass the Arkansas Bar exam by the time this trial starts, IMO.)

When is the next docket date?

TKL - hope you & ALL the families are holding up well. You're still in my thoughts & prayers.

Praying we are only learning stuff we will never have to use. Feb 26th was the next hearing iirc.

Just my uneducated guess... only having read documents on pubic view.. Since CL is in jail on the Capital Murder and Kidnapping charges, and not yet having gone to any hearings on that other than Plea and Arraignment, I would think her attorney advised her against signing any legal paperwork. *disclaimer I have no idea of what the change of custody agreement says* I know only what I have read on public records site, of scanned-filed documents. Court docket also shows a canceled hearing and a new date of Nov 13th is on an order that also showed her hair follicle test results as neg. Of course we all know CL was arrested on Oct 30th.

Reading the scanned paperwork in that case and the alleged statements to get the emergency change of custody, at this point in CL Felony case, signing anything could be used against her, possibly as an admission and be held against her. She is facing the possibility of Life or even Death Penalty. (please don't take offense to my use of word alleged. One doc states that the court was fixing to give custody back to CL, until she failed the urine test. And from reading the documents it doesn't appear that CL had the chance to be heard before the court since the neg drug test. For the record I would have done the same as you and I stand with you on this issue of the kiddos.) ** this is just my uneducated guess as one reason she hasn't signed any change of custody agreement. And in Our legal system we are innocent until proven guilty. If she goes to trial and is found not guilty, anything she signed could be held against her in any future custody hearings.

God Speed to you TKL and your family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member