AR AR - Brooke Burchett, 33, Pottsville, 21 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She is missing with her car. I hope bodies of water and ravines are being searched. I used to live in Arkansas, it is a very beautiful state but it has lots of places that you can run off the road and not be found easily.
I searched via Google maps the route from the school to home. There are a couple of 90 degree corners, no water, but plenty of shrubbery. I wonder if those have been searched thoroughly?

BBM, This far in, with as little information as has been made public, I agree. I have to hope that the family and LE know much more than is being shared. So little has been shared, I can't even come up with a theory.
The silence is deafening. it’s like Valerie Elder Smiley. Just gone!

Map of routes from home to son's school.
Circled in red the areas that a vehicle could be hidden in trees. One would think it would be obvious if a vehicle went off the road into trees, but we've seen cases where a vehicle was hidden in plain sight.
Circled in blue the bodies of water that might be big enough to hide a vehicle.
I wish we knew if the route has been searched thoroughly.
I wish we knew if she had her cell phone. Let's say (my opinion/theory) she dropped son off for school, got home, realized he left his lunch, and dashes back out w/out cell phone to deliver lunch and then raced home to get to work (she worked at the home, as book keeper/office manager, according to her LinkedIn).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-28 085240.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-08-28 085240.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 6
Reading the petition and knowing it was just one day after she went missing is rather sad. Instead of seeming worried for the welfare of you son's mother or spending time trying to locate her as she is missing he decides to go straight to a lawyer and spend his time that way. MOO not saying I think that indicates any involvement but just interesting to immediately go that route vs try to find your son's mother.

Reading the petition and knowing it was just one day after she went missing is rather sad. Instead of seeming worried for the welfare of you son's mother or spending time trying to locate her as she is missing he decides to go straight to a lawyer and spend his time that way. MOO not saying I think that indicates any involvement but just interesting to immediately go that route vs try to find your son's mother.
I agree that I thought it was strange at first. But when I realized no one has legal custody of the boy right now (Brooke had custody) I can see why making sure his son was secure was important. Police recommended he file for custody. His son called him when mom didn't show up after school. He immediately left Mississippi and drove to Arkansas, but could not take care of his son due to custody issues. I can see why taking care of his son was his first priority. He has been a custodial parent for the child's whole life up until last year when they split. It does make one wonder what the split was like, how their communication has been since then, and what the reasons for the split were....

Reminds me of Rose Bly disappearance

I agree that I thought it was strange at first. But when I realized no one has legal custody of the boy right now (Brooke had custody) I can see why making sure his son was secure was important. Police recommended he file for custody. His son called him when mom didn't show up after school. He immediately left Mississippi and drove to Arkansas, but could not take care of his son due to custody issues. I can see why taking care of his son was his first priority. He has been a custodial parent for the child's whole life up until last year when they split. It does make one wonder what the split was like, how their communication has been since then, and what the reasons for the split were....

Yes, it does -- the conditions just before and during the split can be a major clue as to what has happened to her.

I searched via Google maps the route from the school to home. There are a couple of 90 degree corners, no water, but plenty of shrubbery. I wonder if those have been searched thoroughly?
I remember reading about a person going missing some years ago and was missing a week and was found that he went off the road into bushes and was trapped in his car. He survived. Cars drove by him all day long and didn't know he was there.

Reactions: ?!?
I remember reading about a person going missing some years ago and was missing a week and was found that he went off the road into bushes and was trapped in his car. He survived. Cars drove by him all day long and didn't know he was there.
The case in England/Scotland where the group of young people were in a car that was up in a tree. Someone looked up and saw the car finally. They'd hit a bump or curve at a high rate of speed and flew up into the air, I think.

That's a very good point but at the same time I am just a surprised he would drive all the way there and not have waited to see if she was say, in car accident, had an emergency or something where she wasn't able to pick him up that day thinking she'd probably turn up. His son had grandparents down the street from school he was living with and I'm sure the school wasnt waiting for the father to drive from out of state to pick up his soon so just seems a little extreme but I get it ya just never know.

The case in England/Scotland where the group of young people were in a car that was up in a tree. Someone looked up and saw the car finally. They'd hit a bump or curve at a high rate of speed and flew up into the air, I think.
Were the people OK? I've heard of that happening where cars end up in a building or hanging from a utility line, but up in a tree? That would be so hard to see since most people don't make it a habit looking up into trees, at least I don't. I looked up pictures of cars in trees. It is amazing!!!!

That's a very good point but at the same time I am just a surprised he would drive all the way there and not have waited to see if she was say, in car accident, had an emergency or something where she wasn't able to pick him up that day thinking she'd probably turn up. His son had grandparents down the street from school he was living with and I'm sure the school wasnt waiting for the father to drive from out of state to pick up his soon so just seems a little extreme but I get it ya just never know.
His son called him to come help him so he had to drive whatever length necessary to get him. I wonder if his son told him the other things that are in the custody lawsuit? I would drive whatever miles are needed to help my son. I see nothing extreme about it. I hope he got emergency custody because right now nobody has legal custody over the 10 year old boy.

FOUND SAFE:

I saw this post on FB a little bit ago.
Very strange that it claims they knew here whereabouts the day after she went missing but just removed from the missing persons database today. Glad she was found safe regardless. Interested to know the circumstances.

This is great news for her, but REALLY? LE and her family knew where she was, and that she was safe, the day after she was reported missing? And allowed the x-boyfriend to go to the effort of filing documents to get custody of the child, and apparently also didn't inform LE in his town that there was no missing woman. And meanwhile the family was posting impassioned pleas on social media that they need help finding her.

To "protect the integrity" of what case?

Well, anyway, glad she's safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemc
Back