AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, just a heads up, be careful linking to court cases, as there is more than one BR in the general area, with different mid. initials/ages. The one recently linked above references a B & E case 3/23/13 in Helena in Phillips county, different person.

Thank you-looks like somehow using his bday it still gave me wrong info. I see now it has age as "26" but WS won't let me delete the first link. The second does show you that he is still in custody today. Vinelink should give more info on charges but it keeps kicking me to wrong one?

I flagged my post so hopefully an admin can help delete the first link, thanks for your help!

I wonder if this was a mistake & it should have a "not" in this sentence. I am sure one or both are considered suspects, but I find of the last number of years LE do not come out & state if they have a suspect until they are ready to arrest someone. Even calling anyone a POI is unusual until just before an arrest. I think there are two very good reasons for this:

1. The suspect clams-up & may get a lawyer
2. Liability issues

I can only gather either the press made a mistake on the sentence or we should see an arrest very soon. Any thoughts?

http://www.katv.com/story/27331290/cassie-comptons-mother-opens-up-about-past

"Detective Lieutenant Mark Duke of the Stuttgart Police Department said Judy and Brandon are still considered suspects."

Could it be that they think added pressure will make one or both turn on the other? I don't think it is a mistake. Those two are closest to the situation and could do the most damage, I think it would be right that they were both still suspects. I don't think there is anything solid leading them to think that she ran away or left on her own accord. At least no one around here, close to the case or not, has mentioned anything about clues leading away from this area.

no prob Caring4, just wanted to be aware...easy to get mixed up with same name & when court docs don;t include mid init.

Now where is this young lady?

Could it be that they think added pressure will make one or both turn on the other? I don't think it is a mistake. Those two are closest to the situation and could do the most damage, I think it would be right that they were both still suspects. I don't think there is anything solid leading them to think that she ran away or left on her own accord. At least no one around here, close to the case or not, has mentioned anything about clues leading away from this area.

Could be...hmmm since they are both apart, the other may get very worried & perhaps with good reason. Good point.

I think the wording "still suspects" is a bit unusual but not taking it to mean anything other than what we usually hear. Normally the statement is more along the lines of "no one has been cleared as yet" "haven't been cleared as suspects" "Everyone at this point is suspect" etc.

I wonder if this was a mistake & it should have a "not" in this sentence. I am sure one or both are considered suspects, but I find of the last number of years LE do not come out & state if they have a suspect until they are ready to arrest someone. Even calling anyone a POI is unusual until just before an arrest. I think there are two very good reasons for this:

1. The suspect clams-up & may get a lawyer
2. Liability issues

I can only gather either the press made a mistake on the sentence or we should see an arrest very soon. Any thoughts?

http://www.katv.com/story/27331290/cassie-comptons-mother-opens-up-about-past

"Detective Lieutenant Mark Duke of the Stuttgart Police Department said Judy and Brandon are still considered suspects."

I think there's reasons agree other you both IMO. I don't think it was a mistake because they also say "no one has been ruled out." But I have seen LE announce someone as a POI then take it back later. For example -Peter Brozowitz & Raymond Moody in the Brittanee Drexel case. Both at one time considered a POI or "person they want to speak to" and later it was said they had no POIs but that no one had been ruled out.

But there have been a lot of times that this happens & days later there's an arrest. This may be LEs way of saying to JC that they're serious. I get the feeling she would spill on BR if she knew anything to save Cassie -if it didn't implicate her and only if Cassie was still alive.

I don't think though that just because there's no talk about other options means that it's not an option. Honestly if she ran on her own, you may hear that-but what if she was lured or taken? This could also be LEs way to deflect & make a predator think they're not onto them in order to keep Cassie out of more danger. All jmo but I'm not sure any of this really sets us in one direction. Although if we trust just words & not tactics it would seem JC & BR know more than we are hearing.... Anyone else feel like they're on a merry-go-round?

I don't find it unusual at all that the adult household members have not been cleared. Really, lacking some sort of independent verification of the accounts by those adults, the only thing LE has is their word as to what happened.

I find one adult in the household more suspect than another but that is not due to any specific facts in this case, it is more based in years of case following and statistics coupled with some comments by mom about BF.

Makes me think too.
That maybe just mAYBE BR the BF was more interested in Cassie than her mother.
JMO

There was another case here last year the girl went missing and the step dad went out looking for her. Mom was sick in the Bedroom and they found the young girl dead and step dad shot himself in a field near his truck.
I have to go find this little girls name I hate myself for forgetting but there are so many

Eilleen, it was Sydney Nicole Randall. I recall following that one with you. ETA I get the same concerns with this one.

Eilleen, it was Sydney Nicole Randall. I recall following that one with you. ETA I get the same concerns with this one.

OH thank you! I was searching.
She was a beautiful young girl and I feel the same thing has happened here.

It seems Mom tends to look the other way ....
Sadly I don't feel this will end well.
Need to put your child before the BF.
All JMO

and thanks again tlcya!

Maybe JC doesn't want to give up info on him for fear of implicating herself and being charged the way she was in the past.

just as easy to speculate that the BF would know about the past issue with another daughter and that JC would be more than apt to kill him or boot his butt out of the picture if she knew about anything untoward going on with him towards Cassie, therefore needed Cassie gone before that could happen.

At this point the possibilities are endless, both regarding people close to Cassie and potential strangers/random encounter with someone unsavory.

just as easy to speculate that the BF would know about the past issue with another daughter and that JC would be more than apt to kill him or boot his butt out of the picture if she knew about anything untoward going on with him towards Cassie, therefore needed Cassie gone before that could happen.

At this point the possibilities are endless, both regarding people close to Cassie and potential strangers/random encounter with someone unsavory.

I can certainly see your point but I tend to feel another way here. Many people who have committed a crime too often repeat the behavior. If someone enabled a person to be a predator of related victim once they certainly have the propensity to do it again. Then they start throwing up blame everywhere else. We have two potential attackers here and possibly more. It certainly does not look like that if being sexually assaulted was at play here, I am not sure at all based on the above, that anyone would have had a chance.

Also, LE removed BR not JC.

agreed. It is all open to interpretation and very speculative at this point to try to determine anyone's behaviors or possible motivations

STM I think charlie meant that the BF was removed from household (taken into custody) by LE and not through any action of JC. It was in response to me speculating that IF there was anything untoward about BF in relation to Cassie, given mom's previous experience in Oklahoma she might be more apt to catch on to such unusual vibes and would possibly remove someone from their child if even remotely suspecting an issue such as that.

We are just tossing around possible scenarios around JC's BF being involved somehow in Cassie's disappearance.

Okay, thank you for clarifying that. I was getting a little worried because I have no idea why BR would be removed as a suspect. The clarification makes much more sense.

Also, I was just reading comments on the news FB page connected to the video interview posted above. Someone mentioned that BR was on the porch with two friends when Cassie returned home Sunday night. I have not heard this anywhere before, has anyone else? If this is true then that throws up many red flags (accomplices, access to another vehicle, wider knowledge of the area and possible places for stashing her, and so much more). I hope this isn't true because if so then it makes this case so much trickier. If anyone knows of this information would you please post verification.

I can certainly see your point but I tend to feel another way here. Many people who have committed a crime too often repeat the behavior. If someone enabled a person to be a predator of related victim once they certainly have the propensity to do it again. Then they start throwing up blame everywhere else. We have two potential attackers here and possibly more. It certainly does not look like that if being sexually assaulted was at play here, I am not sure at all based on the above, that anyone would have had a chance.

Also, LE removed BR not JC.

This woman has 2 daughters
one was molested
the other is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics