AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just throwing thought out here . . . doing 8 posters during Wings Over the Prairie festival. But duck hunting continues until the end of January (60-day season). With Cassie's birthday being Dec. 4, can we plan for a two-month rental of billboard(s) starting on her birthday? 22nd St. near Park Ave. is our locally most visible, S of the 79/79B split is good coming in from Pine Bluff, but I would also suggest the set of billboards N of England, Ark. heading toward Little Rock. We might have the photo detail at a better quality by then. Do we need to have a contingency plan included with rental agreement to make sure it can be removed ASAP with negative news or labeled "Found Safe" with a ribbon?

Once Oriah re opens the SAR thread, I want to take the poster/flyer discussion off the board and into the SAR forum so we can keep this area easier to follow for peeps looking for updates-make sense? Then we can do our own kind of organizing to facilitate the flyer drops etc.

I dont want to lost the threads regarding Cassie and other aspects of her life that are important and other influences that are important here.

If our local VI's can get answers to some essential questions for more effective posters-
1.) Pictures or full description of Cassies last known clothing including sizes.
2.) Pictures and or complete description of Cassie's last known shoes including sizes.
3.) Pictures and or full description of her LG cell phone.
4.) Any pictures of her from derby that we can include.
5.) A more specific list of daily activities to include so outsiders can keep an eye out for her in those places. To put it simply, where did Cassie hang out lately?

Just throwing thought out here . . . doing 8 posters during Wings Over the Prairie festival. But duck hunting continues until the end of January (60-day season). With Cassie's birthday being Dec. 4, can we plan for a two-month rental of billboard(s) starting on her birthday? 22nd St. near Park Ave. is our locally most visible, S of the 79/79B split is good coming in from Pine Bluff, but I would also suggest the set of billboards N of England, Ark. heading toward Little Rock. We might have the photo detail at a better quality by then. Do we need to have a contingency plan included with rental agreement to make sure it can be removed ASAP with negative news or labeled "Found Safe" with a ribbon?

TY for your passion, got4!! Are you working in conjunction with the now organized FB group that has access to the fundraising money? Let's not duplicate effort, but maybe target our resources?

A new poster from the FB page:

10387135_1543056102575006_692916937366519860_o.jpg

Springing off this post, perhaps the HS can do something as well? Missing teens are a problem nation-wide. It is a great place to highlight the issue and perhaps draw on some resources if they can be organized into warm bodies for flyer drops, tshirts and the like.

LOVE the ENERGY here!!

I have seen a lot of shades of blonde for Cassie-I wonder which one is the most accurate for what she was wearing when she disappeared? Check out this one:
10702202_715939428455863_1131876788229224218_n.jpg

Once Oriah re opens the SAR thread, I want to take the poster/flyer discussion off the board and into the SAR forum so we can keep this area easier to follow for peeps looking for updates-make sense? Then we can do our own kind of organizing to facilitate the flyer drops etc.

I dont want to lost the threads regarding Cassie and other aspects of her life that are important and other influences that are important here.

If our local VI's can get answers to some essential questions for more effective posters-
1.) Pictures or full description of Cassies last known clothing including sizes.
2.) Pictures and or complete description of Cassie's last known shoes including sizes.
5.) A more specific list of daily activities to include so outsiders can keep an eye out for her in those places. To put it simply, where did Cassie hang out lately?

We did a POSITIVE confirmation that her hair was blond on Sunday afternoon. (False lead made hair color questionable.)

I have seen a lot of shades of blonde for Cassie-I wonder which one is the most accurate for what she was wearing when she disappeared? Check out this one:
10702202_715939428455863_1131876788229224218_n.jpg

And she is wearing Tshirt from "Hunger Games: Catching Fire" which helps us date the photo to about last March or later.

Locals: I am really bothered by this case and want to help in some way. Do you know if there is any need to help create new posters / signs / graphics to share online or anything like that? (I am a graphic designer.)

Also, if you need any B&W cheap prints, Staples can print 18x24 engineering prints for $1.99 each. They aren't made for photos, but with a large enough photo and from a distance, they can do in a pinch ... you can find a lot of people using them for budget-friendly large portraits in their house. This could also work great for large text posters.

I hope it's okay to offer this, I would be so glad to be able to do something.

It's amazing the peeps we have here on WebSleuths -- the talents and good minds that we all have. Great offer, caveat, and

:welcome6:

to
:websleuther:Websleuths
:websleuther:

caveat !!!

We're glad you're here!!!

:skip::skip:

703]Once Oriah re opens the SAR thread, I want to take the poster/flyer discussiif necessary. )

You all are unbelievan off the board and into the SAR forum so we can keep this area easier to follow for peeps looking for updates-make sense? Then we can do our own kind of organizing to facilitate the flyer drops etc.

5.) A more specific list of daily activities to include so outsiders can keep an eye out for her in those places. To put it simply, where did Cassie hang out lately?[/QUOTE]

SAR thread reopened.
Thank you believe09.

Also, a HUGE thank you to those facilitating large posters for Cassie, for WoTP week.
Ya'll are...phenominal. Thank you.

Let's help bring the child home.

Thank you Oriah-here is the link to the thread in the SAR forum for the flyer/billboard project:

LINK HERE

For our guests, this is a private members area of the board, so you will need to register with WS to participate and lend your thoughts and ideas.

Sleuthers, would you mind bringing down your posts that apply to the thread? I dont want to lose what has been accomplished and what still needs to be accomplished. Will everyone who reached out to the media bring that info "downstairs" as well? Just so we dont duplicate our effort.

:blowkiss: I am humbled to be a part of this effort-you guys are amazing.

A new poster from the FB page:

10387135_1543056102575006_692916937366519860_o.jpg

Thanks button not enuff...

Great poster -- colors that attract our eyes and a simple message that people should remember easily. Very good, IMHO!!

We did a POSITIVE confirmation that her hair was blond on Sunday afternoon. (False lead made hair color questionable.)

TY got4-who did you confirm it with? And what shade of blonde is the most accurate given all of the pictures out there? :bow:

I am humbled also. I see in WS's members (in Cassie's case specifically) a level of dedication, volunteerism, and active participation that I don't often see in others- even in professional life.

That's incredible, ya'll. I am humbled, amazed, and beyond greatful.

Thank you.

Just my thoughts re Cassie's hair --

In the FB poster shown above, the pic on the left side shows that her hair is probably colored/tinted blond, since we can see a mix of blond and darker hair. If little Cassie is still alive <sigh>, she may not have money or access to buying hair coloring, so her hair might be a two-tone of color now -- which that pic will show. Just sayin' that that particular pic will help show that mix, and, if she has re-colored her hair, the pic on the right in the poster will show that as well. Good choices!

Bless all of you who are in such good and effective ACTION on this case of this missing (and, IMO, sad) little human being. ((hugs, too!))

We'll see how this first distribution of 8 large posters goes over among the "inner circle" at the restaurant and individual business owners. If we start getting requests for more big posters, that engineering print price sounds good. We will target the high-traffic businesses for Wings Over the Prairie festival for one week. Those closest to the household are very sensitive to details about circumstances, and the community does not want to cause fear among the visitors. It is especially hard to communicate to the hunters we need them paying attention to every unusual detail they may see in the duck blinds / woods without giving them the Klaas briefing about how to locate a shallow grave. Remember we have no feedback from law enforcement about what existing clues have proven connections, so it still must be presented open to all possibilities (runaway, kidnapping or foul play).

The design is being finalized by a pro (fessional missing poster maker out-of-state) as the rest of us head to bed tonight. Sounds like the most difficult part will be enhancing pictures that will magnify to 250 dpi without getting blurry. Sign shop will have the file by email tomorrow. Thank you for reaching out to us.

BBM
1) I do NOT understand the mindset regarding Cassie's case at all! No offense is meant to anyone, but for the love...This is a missing child! I feel like there should be the equivalent of (for lack of a better descriptions) carnival barkers, sidewalk prophets, town criers especially during a festival that promotes being out in remote areas. I really wish I could understand/change the lack of activity. I do understand apathy, I get that, I just don't get it in relation to a missing child. Has it really come down to, "oh well, we didn't/don't know this girl so let someone else deal with this" type thinking? :banghead: This would be such an opportune time since duck hunters are both land and water hunters, kwim?

2) Does the festival last an entire week? I was under the impression it was only for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895