AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick reminder to all, as we embark on what will hopefully be a very fruitful week for Cassie's case: WS is a moderated forum. The judgement and skill of our mods is superb, and that's what makes us stand out from other online crime communities imvho. They actively manage TOS with grace and compassion, always alert to allowing freedom of speech while also ensuring not only the basics of TOS such as politess and being victim friendly, but also watching carefully for anything that may compromise active investigations. Cassie's case is under active investigation, so we really need to watch our Ps & Qs. LE from all divisions and levels read here, and some post as well. So lets make sure we're sleuthing responsibly, and not overstepping our bounds. If you have any questions or concerns about posting something, please just ask a mod if it's ok.They are wonderful folks and here only to help us, help victims of crimes. :)

Thank you mods!

Excellent idea, saucy. I wonder if maybe KK was able to help organize that effort? They are very active in trafficking situations, and I *think* they have some good contacts with the trucking community. I'll call and see if I can find out if they were able to assist in Cassie's case in that fashion.

Thank you, Tupelo!

Maybe have some flyers on hand, and try mentioning Cassie to everyone you cross paths with? Word of mouth goes a long, long way! You could also stick a flyer on your vehicle window (in a safe place so as not to obscure your vision of course!)

Thank you so much!

Great idea. Can anyone tell me where to find some flyers? Several of my family members would probably do this too.

I think it would be great if we had like a specific person to speak to within KK, local, state, and federal LE. I know that's probably wishful thinking, but personally, I'd feel more comfortable knowing there is a direct contact. I don't know why I feel that way other than I'm afraid any request, question, or info would get lost in the "shuffle". Does that make sense? Does anyone know names of direct contacts associated specifically with Cassie's case within any of these organizations?

I'm glad to see that there will be a booth set up for Cassie at the festival! That's an improvement and a step in the right direction!

I have to say, as far as I know/knew we have/had 3 verified locals to help the rest of us, not in the Stuttgart area, get a better understanding of things. Since I started coming to this thread one has went MIA (so far) and the 2 others have provided valuable information. I find it disconcerting that it seems as if one of those valuable locals has been somewhat "targeted" in a passive-aggressive manner. While I very much enjoy WS and the beneficial input everyone here has, if I were a local, I'd be hesitant now to come forward with any info. Signs/posters were professionally printed and placed. There WAS a map/verification showing signs had been placed through out town. However, that has since disappeared.

Some of you may know how to "process" a potential crime scene and others of you may do the best you can. I appreciate the info and efforts on behalf of the verified insiders. I hope they continue to come forward. I respectfully ask that we all think of how what we're posting may come across to others - no matter how long any of us have been here. I may not have a large "post count", but I have lurked and lived long enough to know - you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. This is all my opinion, of course. I hope I am not persecuted for expressing MY views.

Now with that said, I look forward to hearing about all/any efforts and news going on to help bring Cassie home! I hope today is the day!

I'm not sure where you're seeing that anyone is being targeted? I've read both threads of Cassie's multiple times since being here & the only targeting sense I've gotten is the media & the overall community. Minus suspect sleuthing of course. I have seen things noted that the 3rd VI offered to get info & that was waiting on that person, but that was it. It's jmo but I think something in that community is really missing, lacking investigative journalists aside how does a 15 yr old girl go missing & it not take priority? Our VIs have given us great insight into what is going on in Stuttgart & how they seem to be a part of a small group kicking and screaming to get attention while the rest walk by as if their a toddler having a tantrum. I do believe that 3rd VI is part of that group, however I will say the info she was going to bring back to us would be extremely helpful & I wish she'd return to partake in the discussions. I think the side of the story she holds is essential to helping Cassie IMO.

I think it would be great if we had like a specific person to speak to within KK, local, state, and federal LE. I know that's probably wishful thinking, but personally, I'd feel more comfortable knowing there is a direct contact. I don't know why I feel that way other than I'm afraid any request, question, or info would get lost in the "shuffle". Does that make sense? Does anyone know names of direct contacts associated specifically with Cassie's case within any of these organizations?

I agree with streamlining contact so that our resources are well spent but I am not sure how we can do that without drawing the admin's running the Find Cassie Compton social media campaign? They are the ones with the contact with Klaas Kids in regarding to the creation of posters and Klaas is likely, although I am not completely sure, providing the fingerprint cards for the booth...

I'm glad to see that there will be a booth set up for Cassie at the festival! That's an improvement and a step in the right direction!

I have to say, as far as I know/knew we have/had 3 verified locals to help the rest of us, not in the Stuttgart area, get a better understanding of things. Since I started coming to this thread one has went MIA (so far) and the 2 others have provided valuable information. I find it disconcerting that it seems as if one of those valuable locals has been somewhat "targeted" in a passive-aggressive manner. While I very much enjoy WS and the beneficial input everyone here has, if I were a local, I'd be hesitant now to come forward with any info. Signs/posters were professionally printed and placed. There WAS a map/verification showing signs had been placed through out town. However, that has since disappeared.

Some of you may know how to "process" a potential crime scene and others of you may do the best you can. I appreciate the info and efforts on behalf of the verified insiders. I hope they continue to come forward. I respectfully ask that we all think of how what we're posting may come across to others - no matter how long any of us have been here. I may not have a large "post count", but I have lurked and lived long enough to know - you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. This is all my opinion, of course. I hope I am not persecuted for expressing MY views.

Now with that said, I look forward to hearing about all/any efforts and news going on to help bring Cassie home! I hope today is the day!

I assume this is for me and I appreciate the feedback.

Is there any chance of getting some answers to the outstanding questions we have regarding Cassie herself and her case do you think? I am going to bump Caring's most recent list to see if we have any that have been answered since it was last created.

Ok I went back to DAY 1 hoping to gather up as many questions as we have that we are still awaiting answers on. I have a laundry list so please excuse my hogging up space! Hopefully this will pugs is forward if any if our VIs can assist. Hopefully I snagged them all ;)
1) Clothing size, boot size & description including brand
2) Phone description including model number
3) Who was really outside when Cassie came home- JC, BR, friends?
4) Which of JC’s recollections of that night are correct- Did she see Cassie, did she talk to Cassie, was she sleeping? Was it 8pm or 8am that she started texting Cassie?
5) It has been stated that Cassie was quiet on the ride back from the derby and possibly prior. Can we get more detail on this? Was it not like Cassie to be quiet?
6) What was the order of events for BR in regards to calls to TS & LE along with visits to LE the night Cassie went missing
7) What time was the Missing persons report made & by whom?
8) Why did BR ride his bike to the station rather than call for an officer?
9) How much money did Cassie have with her? Since she left her purse behind, was there still money left in her purse?
10) Did Cassie’s phone run out of minutes and when? It was said her phone was hitting VM was that her phone dead or no minutes?
11) What was Cassie’s usual “cigarette run” like? Ie- store, older friend got them for her at the store, she went to a friend’s house, met a friend’s somewhere, etc
12) The 2 times that Cassie ran away for 3-4 days when was she reported & how long after she left was she reported? Where did she go?
13) How was the runaway status introduced & when was Cassies status changed to Missing?
14) Status of the FOIA requests? Has one been submitted since TwinMama hasn’t returned? (including logs, FD info etc)
15) Was there a FOIA request submitted on the found items incident?
16) We need an idea of Cassie’s personality- was she naïve, outgoing, etc
17) Who are Cassie’s friends other than HS?
18) Did anyone else at the Youth Group (?First Baptist) ever really talk to Cassie? Maybe they know some info through small talk.
19) What other activities was Cassie into other than Youth Group?
20) Where did Cassie get her scars- I have seen car accident & from a dog attack.
21) Was the pink apple device an iPod Cassie had or a friends iPhone/iPod?
22) How did JC & BR meet?
23) What is BR & Cassie’s relationship like? OK, controlling, etc?
24) Do Cassie & BR have mutual friends?
25) Cassie is still not in NAMUS-is there a reason that LE, ASP & FBI feel that shouldn’t be done?
26) Are there any future search plans?
27) Were all of BRs things removed from the home? Specifically electronics, journals, etc
28) Does the family have a PC? Was that taken by LE?
29) Are there any firearms in the home of JC & if so are they registered? How about in the home of TS? If so, are any of them missing?
30) In JCs home now- has anything changed? Photos- more? Less? Are things new or missing- curtains, bedding?

bumping, perhaps we can take another look...

25) Cassie is still not in NAMUS-is there a reason that LE, ASP & FBI feel that shouldn’t be done?

I can have this done but it would be nice to have some more info related to her disappearance, and does anyone know if there is primary DNA on file and dental records and any XRAYS showing medical implants or breaks? Also, (I am harkening back to a previously asked question) is Cassie right handed or left handed?

Contact Numbers for Cassie's Case:

- Stuttgart Police: (870) 673-1414

- Arkansas State Police: (870) 850-8630

- FBI Little Rock Office: (501) 221-9100

- Anonymous Tip Line: (870) 512-8686

-NCMEC: 1-800-The-Lost

Not all representatives from LE want to self identify. Not all members of Klaas Kids want to self identify either. WS has a great relationship with KK-maybe we can get a few email addys here so people can speak with them directly. I put the phone numbers for LE up on the thread for the same reason. :)

Another shout out to the Find Cassie Compton FB page-they have a flyer up for hunters. :bow:

I am going to put the flyer here-the FB page doesnt have many "likes" but hopefully people are reading it in larger numbers-we know that Cassie's threads here have had tens of thousands of views

1426411_1545562055657744_2987121730532812225_n.jpg

Brad Dennis is a director at Klaas Kids and he has self identified here on WS.

Has anyone gotten any confirmation on what flyers and large size posters are up, and where? Do we need to start calling local businesses and ask permission to start faxing tomorrow morning? Are there flyers up at every motel, grocery store, gas station, public buildings such as the library, the post office, courthouse, police, fire depts, message boards, gyms, parking lots and areas, downtown festival attractions?
Would greatly appreciate a quick recount from locals.
TIA.

Hi All,

After a false start, we did get a poster set up at the Stuttgart Walmart Sporting Goods area. Thank you Got4! However, they also have a running agreement with NCMEC to post in the usual place in the front of the stores and Cassie's is there as well.

Question number one on Caring for many's list

According to her height and weight listed on the missing poster She is 5'3 and 100 pounds.

I have a 17 who is 5 '0 and 109 lbs. My 17 year old wears a 3 loosely.However they are all long.

I dont think Cassie is 100lbs. I think she might be 110-115 which would make Size 3 the best guess. JMO some brands maybe 5s'.

Hi All,

After a false start, we did get a poster set up at the Stuttgart Walmart Sporting Goods area. Thank you Got4! However, they also have a running agreement with NCMEC to post in the usual place in the front of the stores and Cassie's is there as well.

Thank you charlie

Question number one on Caring for many's list

According to her height and weight listed on the missing poster She is 5'3 and 100 pounds.

I have a 17 who is 5 '0 and 109 lbs. My 17 year old wears a 3 loosely.However they are all long.

I dont think Cassie is 100lbs. I think she might be 110-115 which would make Size 3 the best guess. JMO some brands maybe 5s'.

Thank you for your perspective. Well that would be concerning. If we go back to square one on physical appearance then I am going to have to believe that someone absolutely does not want this poor child found.

Thank you for your perspective. Well that would be concerning. If we go back to square one on physical appearance then I am going to have to believe that someone absolutely does not want this poor child found.

Like all relevant information appears to be 2 years old. JMO. 2011-12 ish. The tank top...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member