AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see this being the case also. Really, the reason I thought he went is because one of our locals believed it to have been confirmed (STM? Not sure)

Either way, I agree completely with your second paragraph. I think the calls were totally to make it look like he didn't know what was going on. I think it is very possible JC was in the dark about it, and the calls were partially for her benefit. If he went to LE, I think it was to cover himself with JC and TS. Another possibility is that he told JC he was going to LE, but took care of some other details instead.

I'm not sure why I think he rode his bike, but it was something early on. I'll try to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder like you stated above if BR made the calls to benefit JC but didn't take into acct that TS would have talked to HS. I do wonder if that's why there were so many calls-because why would she already know that HS saw BR in the driveway seeing Cassie come home. I guess maybe she asked HS if someone was home? Or was there an issue that HS felt the need to tell TS about? I guess it never hit me as odd timing wise until just now. Maybe BR figured he could call TS off & she may ask questions of HS, or just say "we'll let you know if you hear from her."

I wonder like you stated above if BR made the calls to benefit JC but didn't take into acct that TS would have talked to HS. I do wonder if that's why there were so many calls-because why would she already know that HS saw BR in the driveway seeing Cassie come home. I guess maybe she asked HS if someone was home? Or was there an issue that HS felt the need to tell TS about? I guess it never hit me as odd timing wise until just now. Maybe BR figured he could call TS off & she may ask questions of HS, or just say "we'll let you know if you hear from her."

I always imagined it as BR calls TS. While she is on the phone she goes to HS, asks him, and replies to BR. But that was just my imagination filling things in.

I believe the carrier should have a "last known location" on record even if the phone is no longer on. I believe it's a little more taxing to acquire than an active ping but it can be done. I've seen LE get a ping from a phone that was a minute service -not straight talk-just pay to talk/text many days later. I think it gives you location, time & date. Actually that last ping was how a local man was found but the subpoena took a while & so did getting LE to take it seriously. That's how I understand it.

Yes I agree, thank you. I guess what I was trying to say is I'm not seeing any subpoenas here, or evidence produced that would have required them. Are you?
A last known ping might be floating around. Or if a phone is turned back on, battery replaced, reloaded with min, reactivated etc after time, and someone is watching for pings then yes, you might catch one.
But I'm not seeing that here.
We've got radio silence.

Yet another question for locals- something else that I can't match up with foia info. During ANY of the searches conducted, was there any piece of prospective evidence handed or directed to LE at all? Anything....a stray sock, an empty soda can, cigarette butts, an earring backing, a trash bag, dug up ground, animal bones....anything at all?

I always imagined it as BR calls TS. While she is on the phone she goes to HS, asks him, and replies to BR. But that was just my imagination filling things in.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1410/13/ijvm.01.html

"SNYDER: Well, there was three phone calls. They started about 9:14 that night. And he first asked if Cassie was still at our house. And coming

through the conversation and getting Hunter`s input during the first phone call, the first phone call...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That`s your son.

SNYDER: Cassie`s mom boyfriend actually saw Cassie get out of his truck, walk up the driveway. She did not speak to the mom`s boyfriend at all when

she was walking up the driveway and she went into the house. So I brought that up to him and told him that he seen him get out of my son`s -- seen

Cassie get out of my son`s vehicle, so he knew she was no longer with him or with us. "

It is my understanding in this interview that TS says she found out thru HS during the 3 phone calls BR made to her Sunday night that BR was outside and saw him drop Cassie off.

Yes I agree, thank you. I guess what I was trying to say is I'm not seeing any subpoenas here, or evidence produced that would have required them. Are you?
A last known ping might be floating around. Or if a phone is turned back on, battery replaced, reloaded with min, reactivated etc after time, and someone is watching for pings then yes, you might catch one.
But I'm not seeing that here.
We've got radio silence.

No warent is needed for a non contract phones pings.Or prepaid.etc..
http://www.informationweek.com/mobile/lose-the-burners-court-okays-prepaid-phone-tracking/d/d-id/1105814?

There are more links out there ,hope that helps.

I must be way off here, or maybe just have over thought this entirely. What I'm wondering about is the ping rumor of Casscoe area, and the search for Cassie associated with it.

What pings, from what device, at what date and time, provided by whom, to whom are we talking about specifically??
I cannot find a verified source for this.
Someone please help! It must be staring me in the face.

Thank you so much got4 for posting this information. :thud:
The (mis)information that I had was that this search was going off BR's phone ping and that Cassie's phone never pinged outside of her front yard.

You may have answered this friend, but where and when did you get the info on those phone pings? I think it would be exceptionally interesting if the phone pinged in Cassie's own yard. Actually, it would make a lot of sense to me.

So I brought that up to him and told him that he seen him get out of my son`s -- seen

Cassie get out of my son`s vehicle, so he knew she was no longer with him or with us

Interesting slip of the tongue there.

I must be way off here, or maybe just have over thought this entirely. What I'm wondering about is the ping rumor of Casscoe area, and the search for Cassie associated with it.

What pings, from what device, at what date and time, provided by whom, to whom are we talking about specifically??
I cannot find a verified source for this.
Someone please help! It must be staring me in the face.

This is all I got, I was looking too http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?257750-AR-Cassie-Kay-Compton-15-Stuttgart-14-September-2014-1&p=11184110#post11184110

got4, imvho, don't waste your time on certain statement analysis, especially if you are referring to one PH...my opinion is it evolves into a circus of misinformation and hype

I dont believe we permit statement analysis here at WS because of those reasons. It can be very distracting in a case like this one.

I thought the cell ping info had come in a previous (or two) thread from a verified insider who received that information via local rumor during the search she participated in? That is how I recall it. So JMO, No, I would not consider that as verified fact, simply information or local rumor garnered via a verified local who participated in the search that happened near airport on same day Cascoe area search was performed.

IIRC the origin of the Casscoe ping info was I think STM relating what was communicated by a SAR team leader.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-14-September-2014-1&p=11167051#post11167051

respectfully copied this post belonging to SmallTownMomma from a previous thread here at WS

When I participated in the volunteer search in October we met in the parking lot of Ponder's Auction (on Leslie Street between 15th and 16th). We began our searches around the railroad tracks about 200 feet east and the woods that bordered those tracks behind RW Manufacturing (1506 S Wood Street). We were told that there was a good chance that if anything was done without using transportation that she would be in that area. We were also cautioned against the possibility of finding body parts and told to look for such evidence. (I hope I can say that here. We heard that several times from the man leading the search that is a regular at SAR.)

She was reported missing that Sunday night and officers came to her house the next morning to make a report. The only time that seems to be unaccounted for that evening was between approximately 6pm (when Hunter Snyder supposedly dropped her home) and 9:14pm (when Brandon called Tracey Snyder to ask if she was still with them). Then there was the text message at 7:15 (I think but may be wrong) that she may or may not have sent herself. However, she was first thought of as a runaway so I am not sure when the house or property was first searched and the time gap between.

I think SMT was also the one who mentioned that she was told Casscoe area search was due to cell pings, no specific cell owner identified.

ETA found it: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-14-September-2014-1&p=11184426#post11184426

The first search (October 4, led by local LE and FBI) started in the area of the local airport and ended in the Casscoe area due to phone pings (not sure who's phone). This was told to me by the SAR leader who led the second search and was a team leader in the first search. The second search (October 11) started one block from Cassie's home and visited many areas in and around Stuttgart. We all started along railroad tracks and in a wooded area within 2 blocks of her home. We were advised that if she was taken somewhere this close to the home that she very well could have been dismembered for easier transportation. We also searched some other areas on the edge of town and near reservoirs where BR reportedly likes to ride his bike. We searched a large rice hull dump area and coal ash dump site as well, where there would be little traffic besides the occasional semi or dump truck. We searched along the banks of reservoirs in the area, on the lookout for any rolled up blankets, tarp, etc and any recently dumped trash bags. There was also a group that searched a cemetery in town because a resident in the neighborhood called LE on BR because he seemed to be loitering and snooping around the area. The resident told LE that he had asked him how much traffic goes through there on a daily basis. This information came from the SAR leader. (I'm guessing I can say these things now that BR is definitely a suspect, right?)

Soul, I understand...but that's not my understanding of ping data at all...if you could get a last ping off every phone out there for a year or more, heck we'd be finding almost everyone who goes missing. Those, I believe, are records retained on the contracts (the assigned #s.) Like, who did my cell call on Sept 23rd 2014 and what tower did it go through...but maybe I'm missing something here....

Idk. I need to check in with our techie again. I think I've had a stroke lol.

Soul, I understand...but that's not my understanding of ping data at all...if you could get a last ping off every phone out there for a year or more, heck we'd be finding almost everyone who goes missing. Those, I believe, are records retained on the contracts (the assigned #s.) Like, who did my cell call on Sept 23rd 2014 and what tower did it go through...but maybe I'm missing something here....

Number 3 on the list is cell tower used by phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog