AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just so puzzled, sad, disheartened, mad, frustrated, confused, upset, scared ... you name it over this poor little girl and her case!

THANK YOU to everyone working so hard to get answers!
Yes, a huge thank you to all of you who are putting hours into fighting for sweet Cassie. You're awesome. I'm actually getting a bit teary thinking about all the volunteer work happening here on her behalf. If only she knew that an entire group of people cared so deeply about her. <3

I cringe too, because it means Cassie and/or Cassie's phone-or both- may be right under our noses.

Unless Cassie's phone was recovered, or she had more than one communication device in use at the time she went missing and that too was recovered...none of this makes sense.

A missing phone cannot be pinged unless it is functional. Cassie's phone was allegedly rapidly 'dead' after she disappeared. Before, in fact, the missing report was filed.

Have other people come forward who were able to call/txt/ etc Cassie's phone before it went 'dead'? Perhaps the Snyders? Other friends? Anyone??? You know, anyone who might still be in possession of their phone??

And the circle keeps going round and round... If it was Cassie's phone that pinged... Was it 8pm on Sunday that JC woke up and started calling Cassie's phone until it went dead or 8am Monday?...

TS specifically had posted (look at live FB feed for Mon. Sept. 15) that they were trying to contact Cassie until the phone went dead / malfunctioned at about 10:30 p.m. the night before (Noting here a distinct change in the way the phone was operating. The posting is not something being recalled after the MP status.)

Thank you Got4. That answers my question that I was posting at the same time.

And this is where I ***wish*** we had some ping info released. Cells react differently to 1)batteries dying 2) getting turned off 3) minutes running out (this last one is an assumption). 1 or 2 could be figured by pings from what I've learned on previous cases. That makes me feel like LE H A S to know more than we think they do.

So LE was pulling pings from TSs (or whoever) phone on Sunday night before 10:30pm???? But TS cannot tell us what in the heck the child was wearing when she left for home with her son???

I mean no disrespect here, but this is not adding up.
It sounds to me as if those calls were not the pings we are talking about. Just a verbal comment about what TS says they were doing (and receiving) on Cassie's phone line.
The 'pings' we're talking about here have got to be related to someone elses device.

Just something that has really been bothering me....and maybe a VI can clear up...Why can JC not describe Cassie's cowboy boots?
I can understand why JC can not seem to say what exactly Cassie was wearing as JC did not actually see Cassie that night and she is going by deduction, but the boots? Did Cassie have so many pairs that JC can't figure out which pair is missing? Or maybe Cassie just bought them while she was in DeWitt that weekend?
TIA

I can't explain JC, but I can talk about boots. The store where I work PT downtown has mostly the top-of-the-line boots like Frye, Uggs and Corral which are leather and cost $200+ per pair. Corral are cowboy boots which sell well for country wedding receptions or country music concert night outfits for the likes of Blake Shelton, Luke Bryan and guys like that performing in Little Rock. They run a half to a whole size small, so it is not that unusual for them to sell second-hand especially if they were originally ordered on-line trying to beat a retailer's price. Our store does have a few man-made upper cowboy boots, one style which is a winter white (not gray blue as I saw mentioned at one point). These were originally $80 now running $50. I am not there every day the store is open, but I definitely would know if Cassie had come in OR winter white boots had sold. My three co-workers are all knowledgeable about Cassie missing. The majority of customers are regulars well-known to us, and we can remember "sizing up" people we don't know plus we have a pretty good sight recall about who "bought what when" as my first couple of hours is spent organizing stock to notice what was sold a previous day. There is a mid-price range box shoe store in front of Wal-Mart, but they only carry riding boots for women (there may be cowboy boots for little girls). Belk's does not have cowboy boots. That's why we have our cheaper ones for people who don't find what they want at the other two stores. Wal-mart is the last option for shoes. Other brands of good dress cowboy boots for ladies not sold locally are Ariats and Old Gringo. True horse people (barrel racers) like Justin boots. We haven't heard JC mention if the boots might have been purchased on a trip to the Little Rock malls. (I've mentioned before that I don't think the boots would have been a gift because a homeschooler doesn't necessarily get back-to-school clothing, nor was it her birthday month of December.)

So LE was pulling pings from TSs (or whoever) phone on Sunday night before 10:30pm???? But TS cannot tell us what in the heck the child was wearing when she left for home with her son???

I mean no disrespect here, but this is not adding up.
It sounds to me as if those calls were not the pings we are talking about. Just a verbal comment about what TS says they were doing (and receiving) on Cassie's phone line.
The 'pings' we're talking about here have got to be related to someone elses device.

I thought they were releted to BR's device.. Cassie's phone would have pinged until 10:30 if what was posted is true. That TS and her son tryed to contact Cassie AFTER BR called them at 9pm on the 14th ,so 1 and a half hours later the phone goes dead... What I am missing?

Question ,was Cassie missing first or was the phone? Both are together at 6 30.

Not having a time stamp on the ping makes it more complicated than it needs to be. IMO.

They can pull ping history up without the device..So I am confused as to why any other devise needs to have been involved.

Regarding the boots, there is just no way for us to know w/o inside information from those who knew her. They could be a gift, something she saved for & bought, hand me downs, or any number of things. BUT, JC should easily be able to give at least a general description of them. Maybe TS also.

I am relatively new to WS, but the cases I've followed have either parents/family that really push or LE that pushes. This case seems to have neither. I realize it must be difficult to talk to JC, because she is dealing w/ not only the loss of her daughter, but also being thought to be guilty or at a minimum negligent.

Is there a parent of a missing child who was suspected but later cleared that could reach out to her? She needs some guidance, it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, so I want to be sure I've got all this right concerning the search on Oct 4th that was switched to the Casscoe area by LE, in the afternoon of that same day, allegedly due to pings determined to be associated with a phone or phones involved in Cassie's case.

Cassie's phone (of which the description has yet to be clarified to the public via MSM or release by either LE or the primary owner of the account) is missing along with Cassie. She is said to have had it with her when she was last seen- IMO, that was when HS dropped her off at her residence.

By 10:30pm that night, we have several accounts by different folks stating that her phone was no longer active, or acting properly. There are many possibilities for that, including being turned off, battery dying, damage to the phone, minutes out so service cut off, out of range etc.

How am I doin' so far?

OK, so I want to be sure I've got all this right concerning the search on Oct 4th that was switched to the Casscoe area by LE, in the afternoon of that same day, allegedly due to pings determined to be associated with a phone or phones involved in Cassie's case.

Cassie's phone (of which the description has yet to be clarified to the public via MSM or release by either LE or the primary owner of the account) is missing along with Cassie. She is said to have had it with her when she was last seen- IMO, that was when HS dropped her off at her residence.

By 10:30pm that night, we have several accounts by different folks stating that her phone was no longer active, or acting properly. There are many possibilities for that, including being turned off, battery dying, damage to the phone, minutes out so service cut off, out of range etc.

How am I doin' so far?

FINE WITH ME -- only exception might be that "out of range" comment.

Next we have reports of several phones being taken into LE custody, apparently willingly since they were not subpoena'd. Those phones are allegedly JC's and BR's, both of which were fully functional at the time and apparently also have internet capabilities. I'm guessing at this, trying to piece together evidence from foia, which does not clarify who owned what.
In addition there is another phone in question. When JC replaced her phone, perhaps BR's did as well.

The boots are listed on Cassie's missing flyer. It just says cowboy boots. No color or description at all.
Surely JC or TS or a friend, relative..someone could have given a general description to put on the flyer? It should have at least said(IMO) that they are slip- on or lace -up, what color they are, round toe, square toe or pointed toe? Do thay have a heel or flat like a roper?
I am not trying to disrespect the flyer or the ones who put the info on it, just trying to understand why JC couldn't provide a basic description of Cassie's boots. :(

So then we have an hr and a half on Sunday evening when Cassie's phone was allegedly functional, she was not at her residence, no one had seen her, and she was not responding to outside contact. She had not yet been reported missing, but there is allegedly a flurry of phone calls between BR and TS and HS and several others, as well as multiple attempts to contact Cassie. But no attempts to contact LE. Or at least no attempt on record. Correct? So far, this looks like a pretty normal reaction going on to a shortly missing teen.

FINE WITH ME -- only exception might be that "out of range" comment.

Had a thought as you use the term "switched" to Casscoe. KFJ was standing with a pre-printed map in hand in the Ch. 4 news clip that we later magnified to confirm was at Casscoe. It's not like there was some discovery or phone company report that actual morning of Oct. 4 that pulled searchers away from the airport. They planned to go there already, but may have had higher priority on some places closer to town. My understanding of meeting at airport was that it was a good staging area with more secure (than town) and ample parking for any groups coming in for the search. Yes, the landfill is nearby, and dogs may have checked there early. I also wonder if there was a desire to weed out which people they wanted searching where.

Enter the confusion of the 8am/pm JC awareness and reaction to Cassie missing. Entirely unconfirmed, and personally I think irrelevant. LE has no record of this existing as an 'incident' until Monday morning, just before 9am. No matter what TS says, no matter what BR says, no matter what JC or anyone else says...and unfortunately no matter how much we might hate that- that's all we've got right now.

So then we have an hr and a half on Sunday evening when Cassie's phone was allegedly functional, she was not at her residence, no one had seen her, and she was not responding to outside contact. She had not yet been reported missing, but there is allegedly a flurry of phone calls between BR and TS and HS and several others, as well as multiple attempts to contact Cassie. But no attempts to contact LE. Or at least no attempt on record. Correct? So far, this looks like a pretty normal reaction going on to a shortly missing teen.

I am going from 630 to 1030 is when the phone is working...4 hours...Based on the post so could be flawed.

Excellent chance they preplanned the switch of search areas. That's kinda my point. Because....back to the ping info....

We have no idea who called Cassie's phone or when and what they received when they did during that 4 hr time period. Just hearsay.

When I am out-of-range, it shows on my screen that I have no service "bars" (like out on Cook's Lake Road in the thickest of the lower woods on the river). But my kids still get the voice mailbox. It's not a change in how the phone functions. They can't tell I am out-of-range.

I can't go as far in agreement with the second posting. I'd still question whether she had left the residence. JC says she went out the door and text might have been sent from the house regardless of whether she actually left on her own. I even read a stray statement analysis way off in cyberspace where the analyst said a mother under stress would be more likely to use the shorter words "she left" (from here) rather than lengthier "she went out" (to there) or "she went out the door" (specific route). The longer the phrasing the more thought / effort went into the answer, according to the analyst. "She went out" also carries an implication that someone is supposed to return, which a runaway or kidnapping situation would not convey. "Disappeared" or "vanished" would be a more dramatic word choice when in shock. I have not noticed any panic words like that in any interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966