Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about "dust in the wind"

I was going to say "A Whisper in the Wind" but I decided I might be going to hell for that joke. No offense to those who already have your boarding pass. :laughing:

I like Caring For Cassie

And how about Hope For Cassie, or Bring Cassie Home. #BringAbbyHome worked well for Abigail Hernandez, the SM campaign for her was remarkable!

Pffft, no boarding pass needed....I have gasoline drawers! (Oh how we need a bit of levity sometimes)

I did a news segment once and I think I cried the majority of the time between the subject matter and nerves. I'm not a someone that cries "pretty". Alice Cooper had nothing on me (for those of you too young to know who he is - Google).

How about
Crusaders for Cassie or Crusade for Cassie
I was trying to think of a word that started w a C but meant something like fight or protect.

i see a number of guests...perhaps you are locals...please consider joining, your input might prove valuable

All kidding aside, let's consider the current FB page for a moment. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't feel the one person I've talked to from the page has any negative intent. It may be that they all (not sure how many admins are on there) are unsure of what to do or how to advocate for Cassie. I know this is my first time trying to figure my way around helping someone, especially not having help/support/input from family. I'm not saying everything they're all doing is right, wrong, or indifferent, but I also don't think there is any intentional disrespect. I really want to think people are trying to help Cassie and not in it for attention or notoriety.

In saying that, has anyone contacted them to discuss helping or offering to take over admin functions of the page? It might be more beneficial (if any they're willing) to keep things more streamlined, especially since the media is aware of the page. IMOO

Back before I knew about this awesome place and I was attempting to help another group, they had talked about getting t-shirts made to make money. I made a few t-shirt designs and offered them up. They have yet to do a t-shirt campaign, so maybe some of us can get that together?
Cassie-Block Shirt 2.jpgCassieShirt1.jpgCassieShirt3.jpg
If y'all think this is a good idea then we can decide on one of these if the group thinks they are okay, if not then I can work on some more, or maybe someone on here more experienced can help out.

Back before I knew about this awesome place and I was attempting to help another group, they had talked about getting t-shirts made to make money. I made a few t-shirt designs and offered them up. They have yet to do a t-shirt campaign, so maybe some of us can get that together?
View attachment 64901View attachment 64902View attachment 64903
If y'all think this is a good idea then we can decide on one of these if the group thinks they are okay, if not then I can work on some more, or maybe someone on here more experienced can help out.

I like the simpleness of the middle one. :twocents:

Maybe im being naive, but if he is a suspect, wouldn't they use the possibility of going back to jail as leverage to get him to talk about what happened with cassie? To just lock him back up would seem like a waste of an opportunity. if the used this as leverage against him, im sure he wouldnt confess or knowingly implicate himself, but he might accuse someone else who would then have to answer some pretty awkward questions. That would get the ball rolling at least and help the truth come out.

I don't think it could be used for leverage. For example, (I'm making up these numbers for illustrative purposes), say he is convicted of Crime XYZ. He is sentenced to 1 month in jail and 11 months probation. He does his one month, gets out, and two months later violates probation terms. The judge can then order him remanded to custody for the remainder of his sentence (in this example, 9 months). Since this is a totally separate crime the judge would have to go by the probation terms and couldn't bargain by saying "If you give me info on Crime ABC, I'll reinstate your probation."

The judge may have more power than I think, so I could be wrong!

But it would be somewhere, kwim? He has been around the block some-he isnt staying voluntarily unless he is in danger of having some kind of serious bodily harm. He probably isnt willingly having his civil liberties violated.

If you were LE wouldnt you tell the world that one of your suspects in a missing persons investigation is in custody for xyz? Think of the pressure it would put on other people out there!!! They would be scrambling to tell what they know before they are charged too.

Maybe Vinelink is wrong. Maybe he isnt in custody at all.

Re: 1st paragraph: I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. When I said he may have had his probation revoked, I meant the courts may have revoked it, not that he had it done voluntarily. I may be misunderstanding your meaning, though.

Re: 2nd paragraph: if my suspicions in this situation are correct, only one other person knows what BR's involvement is, so giving info to the public wouldn't help. That particular person probably stands to be charged with more than one crime if they admit their knowledge, sland wouldn't have much, if any, bargaining power, so no amount of pressure will help.

View attachment 64901View attachment 64902View attachment 64903

My opinion on T-shirts is that we have been bombarded with T-shirt sales for the many people with medical needs in our community in recent weeks. Using full color sends the price sky-high. Three screenings would be the max affordable, and I am afraid the first B&W pic is a little creepy for not knowing if she is living or not. I do like your typography choices though. My favorite is the middle one -- simple thought and could be a conversation starter instead of someone standing behind you in line at Wal-Mart reading the shirt like a book.

My opinion about new FB page -- No. Because of the suspicion of foul play, it is hard to participate in posting seriously without making your real identity known. I still am not functioning in public at the level I am comfortable posting behind a screen name on WS. Only close family and co-workers know I am putting thoughts on Cassie every awake hour of my day. I don't encourage other teens to post because until about age 24 the brain doesn't have the capacity for good judgment fully developed. It might lead to more drama and pranks. Just like a reporter might pick the most astounding comments to quote . . . not necessarily the most meaningful.

And to follow up on my donation, I really do think about funeral expenses or MOVING expenses if she returns. Sending flowers to JC crossed my mind, but I want it to be to Cassie's benefit. Maybe even a scholarship for her, or another student who later wants to go into criminal justice. I'll be speaking up to one of the account custodians when the time comes to decide about disbursement.

I've mentioned this before a few times & want to make sure it's clear. Victims of crime have funeral expenses covered. I don't know that there are any states that don't provide this to victims & families. AR is a state that provides this benefit.

I, too, have thought about a scholarship or something along those lines.

First journalist to acknowledge my RTs wo saying "I don't understand" or "that's not related" Alexis Rogers. She favorited every tweet I sent her today. {{there is hope for media}}

Dont worry about anonymity, got4. We have a lot of folks here who do outreach in many ways without self identifying, including on SM.

I think if Cassie's case can stand another SM page, we should do a simple one that focuses on information and resources. I am all for it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState