AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popping in quick and trying to catch up, believe09, saw you had a question about fire and police logs.....I filed foias with state and fed too, if you know an interested reporter, shoot them my email. Or maybe we should hire a PI....;)

Surely someone knows a reporter who isn't afraid to ask the real questions and isn't afraid of what the people around town will think of them. Anybody got a Nancy Grace contact?... that'll stir it up. lol

Do you know if they are still in close contact with JC? If so, getting a better description of Cassie would be really helpful, specifically her phone and clothes.

Honestly, I don't really think so. I asked her about that and she said that she is not in communication with the FB group at all and no one in the family has reached out or contacted them.

Just popping in quick and trying to catch up, believe09, saw you had a question about fire and police logs.....I filed foias with state and fed too, if you know an interested reporter, shoot them my email. Or maybe we should hire a PI....;)

:bow: Maybe we can work collectively to snag someone...the peeps here have been burning up twitter. We can bait them with FOIA docs!!!!

Honestly, I don't really think so. I asked her about that and she said that she is not in communication with the FB group at all and no one in the family has reached out or contacted them.

OK. Hmm. If we collectively are going to step into all of this, we could start from scratch or we could see if they need some suggestions and let this page continue to be front and center.

IDK. A fresh start could be a good thing.

Funny, I couldnt get the link to work....maybe it is me. :)

LINK HERE

Wow, 3 people ordered? Ugh. Everyone seems to be at a loss thats for sure, and frustrated. Although I am not sure about handling it that way, but at least she isnt worried about losing clients.

I wasn't a fan of the jamberry nails but I'm sorry-orders are orders. When you are fundraising for a charity/cause you are grateful for every cent you raise. Period. You also don't share a missing persons mothers post thanking people & telling them not only not to bother but talk down to people possibly ordering later. First of all not everyone can afford it, second of all not everyone wants jamberry nails, the design was a little disturbing-even if it wasn't for some it didn't appeal to all & honestly if you've seen the samples not all people can wear them, my fingernails are too wide for them. Either way-be THANKFUL for what people do contribute, especially whine right now we can't even get people to talk about her online. Shame on her for bashing people that hand out fliers, Cassie needs so much of that. I think the FB group probably handed that best just cutting it off & letting it go.
Maybe Jamberry will need to see what their consultant has been up to online.....

Surely someone knows a reporter who isn't afraid to ask the real questions and isn't afraid of what the people around town will think of them. Anybody got a Nancy Grace contact?... that'll stir it up. lol

:bow: Maybe we can work collectively to snag someone...the peeps here have been burning up twitter. We can bait them with FOIA docs!!!!

I WISH reporters would pay attention. I have tweeted & FB'd all the info I could to push them along. Baited with the MP report, FB chat about surveillance, etc Nada...honestly there is no burning up on twitter. I hate to say it. Go on there & look up #CassieCompton there isn't much there at all! I've even added #ARnews #Stuttgart #StuttgartAR I really wish there was a lot more going on over on Twitter tbh.

OK. Hmm. If we collectively are going to step into all of this, we could start from scratch or we could see if they need some suggestions and let this page continue to be front and center.

IDK. A fresh start could be a good thing.

She would really like if we didn't start a new one and said she is very open to suggestions and will appreciate any help. I know she has worked hard and dedicated a lot of time to it and I don't want to take that away from her (or the other admins). I'm sure if we come up with some good posts, links, whatever and the page is "beefed up a little" then we can get much more exposure on it.

Question is-have they contacted her? What happened with all the teams that were created? Did that effort die? I haven't heard anything else since the day they met & were announced -anyone else?

Funny, I couldnt get the link to work....maybe it is me. :)

LINK HERE

Wow, 3 people ordered? Ugh. Everyone seems to be at a loss thats for sure, and frustrated. Although I am not sure about handling it that way, but at least she isnt worried about losing clients.

:facepalm: yep a little insight as to why more ppl do not get involved. This is not the first drama I have seen related to Cassie's case...unfortunately

I am really torn here when it comes to the social media. No one seems plugged in with the family, right? JC seems to be dealing with it on her own FB and then when a reporter comes to her door. Not criticizing, just guessing that she isnt driving any of it.

We dont want to confuse things, but TBH I think the current FB has a different focus. We need one that drives contact and draws the media.

example (this one refers to Bob Harrod's case which you will see in my siggy)

https://www.facebook.com/bobharrod.stillmissing

It is super focused...no kissy faces on this one ;)

BTW, it is not mine. It was a labor of love however but keeps the focus on Bob without the purple and puppies stuff...I am not criticizing at all. But it is easy to go on Bob's facebook and get exactly what you need if you are a sleuther or a member of the media. KWIM?

:facepalm: yep a little insight as to why more ppl do not get involved. This is not the first drama I have seen related to Cassie's case...unfortunately

Honestly, we are at least 3 for 3 here. The FB Page war/JC complaining that others are taking her daughter/fundraiser mess.

I know everyone's heart is in the right place but Cassie is the one who loses when people decide they dont want to get sucked in to the nonsense.

Question is-have they contacted her? What happened with all the teams that were created? Did that effort die? I haven't heard anything else since the day they met & were announced -anyone else?

Yes, they have... they tried a lot when they had their first page. They tagged JC in almost every post they put up and asked her to comment or post herself and she never did and then she got on MSM saying that she kept being "excluded". In reality, she has excluded herself being too worried what everyone thinks about her. I guess she doesn't understand that if she was more front and center and more revealing about Cassie and her life and personality then people wouldn't think that she possibly had anything to do with it. I don't understand.

P.S. - The kissy faces have been removed.

If the page is more focused and there are set parameters, it is way easier to run as well. Takes much less time to monitor, kwim?

I am not a fan, personally, of putting together fundraising here or on the page we are proposing only because the proper paperwork has to be filed and we have to determine a destination etc.

I think we should keep our SM campaign via twitter etc very specific.

I've been meaning to post this for a while and have seen some traffic regarding the reporter I attempted to discuss this case with. She made a statement in the emails ( I can forward the email to the moderators if necessary) that she could not comment on BR as he was not listed as a person of interest. We did see in this reporter's articles though that both JC and BR were still considered suspects.

I have used the term POI before but never really knew the definition exactly TBH. So, being confused by the conflicting comments I looked it up albeit on Wikipedia but I have read other articles on it's origination and they all pretty much agree:

"Person of interest" is a term used by U.S. law enforcement when identifying someone involved in a criminal investigation who has not been arrested or formally accused of a crime. It has no legal meaning, but refers to someone in whom the police are "interested", either because the person is cooperating with the investigation, may have information that would assist the investigation, or possesses certain characteristics that merit further attention.

Now a 'suspect' is a legal term meaning, roughly, that there is at least probable cause and possibly even beyond reasonable doubt in a more serious crime that the person did an illegal act.

Given these definitions then her concern that BR is not a POI would be trumped by him being a suspect and therefore open season on him in a normal situation.

However, based on my feelings (IMHO) of the situation, local papers from a 'small' town would not dare go beyond the simple facts and not get into the deeper possibilities.

At any rate further emails from me on clarification have gone unanswered.

Later...

I've been meaning to post this for a while and have seen some traffic regarding the reporter I attempted to discuss this case with. She made a statement in the emails ( I can forward the email to the moderators if necessary) that she could not comment on BR as he was not listed as a person of interest. We did see in this reporter's articles though that both JC and BR were still considered suspects.

I have used the term POI before but never really knew the definition exactly TBH. So, being confused by the conflicting comments I looked it up albeit on Wikipedia but I have read other articles on it's origination and they all pretty much agree:

"Person of interest" is a term used by U.S. law enforcement when identifying someone involved in a criminal investigation who has not been arrested or formally accused of a crime. It has no legal meaning, but refers to someone in whom the police are "interested", either because the person is cooperating with the investigation, may have information that would assist the investigation, or possesses certain characteristics that merit further attention.

Now a 'suspect' is a legal term meaning, roughly, that there is at least probable cause and possibly even beyond reasonable doubt in a more serious crime that the person did an illegal act.

Given these definitions then her concern that BR is not a POI would be trumped by him being a suspect and therefore open season on him in a normal situation.

However, based on my feelings (IMHO) of the situation, local papers from a 'small' town would not dare go beyond the simple facts and not get into the deeper possibilities.

At any rate further emails from me on clarification have gone unanswered.

Later...

I think you expressed the dilemma perfectly. They have been named suspects so why wont anyone comment? It isnt the media's bad if that was an overstatement or if it was deception on the part of LE.

I am really torn here when it comes to the social media. No one seems plugged in with the family, right? JC seems to be dealing with it on her own FB and then when a reporter comes to her door. Not criticizing, just guessing that she isnt driving any of it.

We dont want to confuse things, but TBH I think the current FB has a different focus. We need one that drives contact and draws the media.

example (this one refers to Bob Harrod's case which you will see in my siggy)

https://www.facebook.com/bobharrod.stillmissing

It is super focused...no kissy faces on this one ;)

BTW, it is not mine. It was a labor of love however but keeps the focus on Bob without the purple and puppies stuff...I am not criticizing at all. But it is easy to go on Bob's facebook and get exactly what you need if you are a sleuther or a member of the media. KWIM?

See this is what Cassie needs-all media shared, up to date info, etc. Encouraging followers to participate in things like changing their profile pic or cover to Cassie, etc etc etc...

Yes, they have... they tried a lot when they had their first page. They tagged JC in almost every post they put up and asked her to comment or post herself and she never did and then she got on MSM saying that she kept being "excluded". In reality, she has excluded herself being too worried what everyone thinks about her. I guess she doesn't understand that if she was more front and center and more revealing about Cassie and her life and personality then people wouldn't think that she possibly had anything to do with it. I don't understand.

P.S. - The kissy faces have been removed.

I guess I meant more of has any of them called her -Mom to Mom. Not from a distance, I don't want to associate with you so I guess I'll tag you from behind this SM page contact. There is something to be said about someone having the courtesy of picking up the phone. I can't tell you how many parents of missing loved ones I've talked to, even ones that I thought were involved. But that is step one in gaining trust from them & letting them know you truly care & are there to help. JMO

Eta: pls know I'm not trying to be difficult here. Just saying there's a difference.

But..but..but If JC and BR were named suspects in MSM in error, would't LE have corrected that by now via press release or something????

Exactly Caring4. JC is the source of information that is needed to bring her child home. There are all kinds of ways to bring her into the process so she can help in her own way. She clearly wants to talk.

There is one loser here who is slipping through every crack in ways that even I cant imagine, and that person is Cassie. It isnt about one upmanship, pride, glamour, a break from the laundry-this is a real child who may be out in the woods, or in a building or cold or scared...this focus needs to come back to her.

But..but..but If JC and BR were named suspects in MSM in error, would't LE have corrected that by now via press release or something????

Yes. IMO. But no one has. In fact the latest media, imo, pretty much maintains that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMP2816