AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On my phone so hard for me to type but there is a small town dynamic here I think. I have never been to Stuttgart. I did grow up in a similar town. Locals correct me but as to the reporter and many other's apparent reaction :

1. In a small town investigative reporting is non- existing. In a very short time no one would would even talk to that kind of a reporter. They not only report there they have to live there.
2. Investigating the mother of missing child- see number 1. Also if the mother ends up not involved it could ruin a reporter 's career in a small town.
3. There is no such thing as a secret except to outsiders or sometimes LE getting involved could cause ramifications in a small town. Which is why I am pleasantly surprised that we have VIs and am happy for it.

I think that may be true for certain small towns. I live in a small town with about 2k less people than Stuttgart. We recently had a young boy in town hit by a bus driver. Reporters came to town & people came out to speak passionately for both sides. I still to this day can't believe anyone would want to support the driver, but it happen. Living within the village I see the police all the time. But we also have the CSO rolling through as well. I think the different between our small town & Stuttgart is simple. Most our LE are townies, they live here, raise their kids here and grew up here. They have pride in our area and don't want crime coming in and ruining that environment. I don't get that impression from what I've read here. It seems more like a good ole boys club and as long as you don't disrupt their balance they leave you alone irregardless of what you do. Jmo...

I did my best with the remainder of the SDL "archive pass" to find the fire and then to see if there were any incident reports for the address on Sept. 14 and 15. Search unsuccessful. Back to the need for someone to go to library. I don't know how soon I'll have that long a block of time available during the hours the library is open. AND there was absolutely nothing in the SDL yesterday regarding Cassie's BD.

Today, there is a combined story on both missing persons (the other a Silver Alert). Can't read it as it is not on the on-line edition (yet). My own newspaper comes in the mail the next day since there isn't a rural delivery route here.

I talked to someone associated with the Find Cassie Compton FB page. They are ending the jamberry campaign and have ended their association with it. The girl sponsoring it was rather nasty and demeaning on her fundraiser page and it was completely inappropriate.

I did suggest a post asking everyone to share their Cassie stories. I think she is going to use my wording:
"I want to invite everyone who knows Cassie to say something about her. Let the world know the person that she is. If Cassie has made you laugh, encouraged you when you were down, or just carried on a conversation with you online to keep you company... let's hear about it. Who is Cassie to you?"
Maybe this will help people who aren't local to feel like they know her a little better, because let's face it... it seems like there are more people who never met her who are standing behind her than those who know her. I know there are some in town that know her and are doing all they can, and if they are reading this then I don't want them to think I am talking about them, because I appreciate them.

TY for reaching out to them. Do they want help running the page? What do they need if the answer is yes?

I dont subscribe to the paper but I look at a family member's every once in awhile. I dont ever recall seeing fire logs. The fire log would be somewhere around end of september - first of october. Around the time that FBI and ASP started being involved regularly.

I think that may be true for certain small towns. I live in a small town with about 2k less people than Stuttgart. We recently had a young boy in town hit by a bus driver. Reporters came to town & people came out to speak passionately for both sides. I still to this day can't believe anyone would want to support the driver, but it happen. Living within the village I see the police all the time. But we also have the CSO rolling through as well. I think the different between our small town & Stuttgart is simple. Most our LE are townies, they live here, raise their kids here and grew up here. They have pride in our area and don't want crime coming in and ruining that environment. I don't get that impression from what I've read here. It seems more like a good ole boys club and as long as you don't disrupt their balance they leave you alone irregardless of what you do. Jmo...

IIRC STM mentioned 6 or 7 breakins of vehicles and the like. That was just one family. I mean wow. It seems equally likely that Cassie was disappeared by someone she knew, disappeared by more than one person she knew, disappeared by someone she didnt know well/stranger, ran away. If Stuttgart is a small community of people who know each other or are related to each other etc, why wouldnt you be terrified for your children? I guess that is the part I am having a hard time understanding.

What about the businesses in Stuttgart-are they thriving? Are they on every street corner or are they turning out their lights, kwim?

I wonder if scanner logs would have reports on it.. Cant you rewind those if you need to to certain dates?

I dont subscribe to the paper but I look at a family member's every once in awhile. I dont ever recall seeing fire logs. The fire log would be somewhere around end of september - first of october. Around the time that FBI and ASP started being involved regularly.

My curiosity is two fold-one is because I would like to see the logs of the incidents and arrests and Cassie's disappearance for that matter. The other reason is to see if the logs disappeared after ASP and the FBI got involved. Because that is information too, kwim?

I when if scanner logs would have reports on it.. Cant you rewind those if you need to to certain dates?

Wow, good question. IDK. I have subbed on the scanner threads here on occasion but I have no idea how they work.

A picture of the front page is on the SDL face book page..on my phone i can read it by enlarging picture. Its a brief mention of her at the end of the story

Your welcome..i tried several times to get the url to copy completely without success :(

TY for reaching out to them. Do they want help running the page? What do they need if the answer is yes?

There are already 3 admins (none of which are JC) on the FB page, so I don't think they are wanting more help in that capacity. The lady I talked to though said she is very open and appreciative of any help with ideas on how to make the page better or raise awareness for Cassie. I have talked with her before and she is very easy to talk to.

Funny, I couldnt get the link to work....maybe it is me. :)

LINK HERE

Wow, 3 people ordered? Ugh. Everyone seems to be at a loss thats for sure, and frustrated. Although I am not sure about handling it that way, but at least she isnt worried about losing clients.

There are already 3 admins (none of which are JC) on the FB page, so I don't think they are wanting more help in that capacity. The lady I talked to though said she is very open and appreciative of any help with ideas on how to make the page better or raise awareness for Cassie. I have talked with her before and she is very easy to talk to.

Do you know if they are still in close contact with JC? If so, getting a better description of Cassie would be really helpful, specifically her phone and clothes.

Just popping in quick and trying to catch up, believe09, saw you had a question about fire and police logs.....I filed foias with state and fed too, if you know an interested reporter, shoot them my email. Or maybe we should hire a PI....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody