AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm posting from my phone so forgive my formatting!

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...ssing-girl-cassie-comptons-birthday/19918885/
Quotes from the article-
Compton was last seen on September 14th after she told her mother she was leaving the home to buy cigarettes, but after a few hours no one had heard from her or seen her.

"I try to send messages to my daughter [on her cell phone] hoping to God she'll see them," said Cassie's mother Judy through tears. "It's just hard to get through each day."

My comment-
?What? I'd imagine the first piece is just inaccurate reporting, right?
The 2nd confuses me, especially because I think she would be using up what minutes Cassie has. I hope that LE is verifying it via cell records.

http://www.katv.com/story/27553307/mothers-plea-for-missing-daughters-return-on-16th-birthday

Quotes from the article-
Bobo said no one has been ruled out as a suspect, even Judy's former fiancé, Brandon Rhodes. Stuttgart Police have Rhodes in custody criminal trespassing.

With the help of her attorney, Judy reached out to Rhodes by letter.

“I told him not to call me, not to come near me, or not to come on my property or anything,” said Judy.

My comment:
No mention of JC? Has the previously reported – JC & BR are suspects status changed? Why didn’t the reporter ask JC WHY she sent that information to BR- what was the reason for doing it through a lawyer?

What kills me in all these MSM interviews not once does a reporter ask a decent question of JC. Much less a clarifying one. Every time I'm just left even more dumbfounded & with even more questions....

I'm posting from my phone so forgive my formatting!

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...ssing-girl-cassie-comptons-birthday/19918885/
Quotes from the article-
Compton was last seen on September 14th after she told her mother she was leaving the home to buy cigarettes, but after a few hours no one had heard from her or seen her.

"I try to send messages to my daughter [on her cell phone] hoping to God she'll see them," said Cassie's mother Judy through tears. "It's just hard to get through each day."

My comment-
?What? I'd imagine the first piece is just inaccurate reporting, right?
The 2nd confuses me, especially because I think she would be using up what minutes Cassie has. I hope that LE is verifying it via cell records.

http://www.katv.com/story/27553307/mothers-plea-for-missing-daughters-return-on-16th-birthday

Quotes from the article-
Bobo said no one has been ruled out as a suspect, even Judy's former fiancé, Brandon Rhodes. Stuttgart Police have Rhodes in custody criminal trespassing.

With the help of her attorney, Judy reached out to Rhodes by letter.

“I told him not to call me, not to come near me, or not to come on my property or anything,” said Judy.

My comment:
No mention of JC? Has the previously reported – JC & BR are suspects status changed? Why didn’t the reporter ask JC WHY she sent that information to BR- what was the reason for doing it through a lawyer?

What kills me in all these MSM interviews not once does a reporter ask a decent question of JC. Much less a clarifying one. Every time I'm just left even more dumbfounded & with even more questions....

This struck me the exact same way when I read and saw this interview last night after everyone brought the links here. So is JC buying more minutes for the phone that she doesnt know if Cassie has or owns? HUH?

This is bizarre. Completely bizarre. And is her atty civil or criminal. Just wondering.

In Bob's Harrod's case, the person last known to have seen him apparently went to an atty and was told his retainer would be 50K. This was reported online via a message board where this couple is incredibly active.

In Bob's case, that says a lot about the attorney's view of the case.

Just dialing that out a little here....just pondering.

Just like Brittanee Drexel case where last person to see her obtains a HUGE criminal defense atty to speak for him. Top dog in the city back home-$100k retainer, yet ohhh he's innocent. Not buying it. I think that's a great question my friend.

Okay, quick check between runs to school and work . . . Bought the 10 article pass. Sixteen entries pop up in search of "Brandon Rhodes." This includes articles where another person has first name Brandon and last name Rhodes, so a few articles in the count were wasted. But there were three docket entries for our Brandon Rhodes -- Aug. 13, 2013 Fine Review Dismissed and May 14, 2013 Running a Stop Sign and No Drivers License (fines of $125 and $125). Based on my four years of working Saline and Pulaski counties as a court clerk, I would interpret that he did not make his traffic fine payment of $250 in May (or within 30 days in June). So a Failure-to-Pay bench warrant was issued (I used to write those up the day after the fines' due date for a judge to sign). If defendant were stopped for a traffic violation at all with that warrant out (anywhere in the state), he'd be taken down to the nearest jail and held until someone came down with the money to pay the fine (like being bailed out). The fine was the bond amount on the warrant. In Saline County, we'd put their name on the docket each month held court just in case the FTP defendant wanted to come in to discuss payment plan options or community service. It appears that by August 2013, Brandon met whatever requirements had been set up whether money, commserv or timeserv in Arkansas County.

This local newspaper search does not address whether charges / warrants occurred outside Arkansas County -- Northern District.

Okay, quick check between runs to school and work . . . Bought the 10 article pass. Sixteen entries pop up in search of "Brandon Rhodes." This includes articles where another person has first name Brandon and last name Rhodes, so a few articles in the count were wasted. But there were three docket entries for our Brandon Rhodes -- Aug. 13, 2013 Fine Review Dismissed and May 14, 2013 Running a Stop Sign and No Drivers License (fines of $125 and $125). Based on my four years of working Saline and Pulaski counties as a court clerk, I would interpret that he did not make his traffic fine payment of $250 in May (or within 30 days in June). So a Failure-to-Pay bench warrant was issued (I used to write those up the day after the fines' due date for a judge to sign). If defendant were stopped for a traffic violation at all with that warrant out (anywhere in the state), he'd be taken down to the nearest jail and held until someone came down with the money to pay the fine (like being bailed out). The fine was the bond amount on the warrant. In Saline County, we'd put their name on the docket each month held court just in case the FTP defendant wanted to come in to discuss payment plan options or community service. It appears that by August 2013, Brandon met whatever requirements had been set up whether money, commserv or timeserv in Arkansas County.

This local newspaper search does not address whether charges / warrants occurred outside Arkansas County -- Northern District.

:tyou: Thanks button was not enough.

I suspect the issue there (and this is conjecture, based on what was/was not available via foia) that the potential for video/audio exists or existed, but was perhaps not processed properly, maintained properly, chain of command was skewed, and/or not obtained during an appropriate time frame. Any or all of which could be due to quite normal circumstance (i.e. shop owners not realizing video might be needed and so over recording video, or poor mangement of potential evidence due to inexperience or lack of awareness of value etc. )

QUOTE=Caring4Many;11273068]I posted this a bit up thread. I have poked a few reporters with it....no bites yet.

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1536087843271832&id=1531296123751004[/QUOTE]

Ok so I have a few different ideas- let me know your take on them.
1)Purchase some trees or angels –flat cut out kind of foam like- along with some decorative craft supplies, maybe puffy paint or stickers, ribbons for hanging, etc. Then send them to the HS Student Council, a Church Youth Group or 2, or something similar to decorate or simply write “BRING HOME CASSIE” on them. My thought is to reach out to the youth in the community, to help them support Cassie. Whether these are hung at the school, church or made & sent to the family, doesn’t matter but why not give them something to do to show that they care.
2) Purchase a stuffed teddy bear or puppy along with a framed poster of Cassie. Send it to SPD asking them to please remember Cassie during the holidays, it could even be a “Thank you for all you have done & in advance for all you will do.”
Thoughts anyone?

Ok so I have a few different ideas- let me know your take on them.
1)Purchase some trees or angels –flat cut out kind of foam like- along with some decorative craft supplies, maybe puffy paint or stickers, ribbons for hanging, etc. Then send them to the HS Student Council, a Church Youth Group or 2, or something similar to decorate or simply write “BRING HOME CASSIE” on them. My thought is to reach out to the youth in the community, to help them support Cassie. Whether these are hung at the school, church or made & sent to the family, doesn’t matter but why not give them something to do to show that they care.
2) Purchase a stuffed teddy bear or puppy along with a framed poster of Cassie. Send it to SPD asking them to please remember Cassie during the holidays, it could even be a “Thank you for all you have done & in advance for all you will do.”
Thoughts anyone?

These are both great ideas imo. Maybe incorporate them into a "vigil for Cassie" location that is neutral (ie..front of wal-mart, main st. parking area, store front window display etc..)?

TupeloMz, I'm a number of states away & wasn't about to offer up something I can't fulfill. If others can organize like that is be happy to contribute. K do think people may be "vigiled" out, but I wonder if a candlelight vigil near Cassie's home has been done? I don't recall that. A lot of churches usually will donate candles for them so it a cost anyone takes on. But again, most things I can't offer up as I'm not near the area.

This reminds me of a situation WSer Foxfire discusses at times...

I believe it is called something like "jurisdiction blindness".... Or something like that...

In short... It refers to a crime that is committed in multiple places... And under multiple LE jurisdictions... Creating a confusion and/or delay in the investigation process due to the separation of the various jurisdictions... With all the paper work, delegation of responsibility, etc....

In fact....some criminals are quite knowledgable of this situation... And uses it as a "smoke screen", so to speak... To further their own avoidance of getting caught...

For instance... The kidnapping takes place in one jurisdiction... The subsequent assault (or insert term here) in another jurisdiction... And transport of the kidnapped person to a completely different jurisdiction...

Note: I am not saying any of these events happened... But am just giving an example of this situation...

JMO...

Got your back, IHAVENOCLUE....

http://prtl.uhcl.edu/portal/page/pct/USN/TheSignal/Life?articleId=402

Steven Egger, associate professor of criminology at the University of Houston-Clear Lake, is a nationally recognized expert in serial murder. "Steve Egger is a seminal criminal justice researcher in the very specialized area of serial murders," said Everette Penn, assistant professor of criminology. "Dr. Egger addresses our most inner fears by researching the subject, defining terms, and assisting state, local and federal authorities investigate these most heinous crimes."

Not only is it difficult to figure out why serial killers continue to kill, it is also hard for law enforcement agencies to identify a serial killer due to "linkage blindness," another term coined by Egger. "Police don't share information across jurisdictional boundaries," Egger said. "There's always some friction there." Agencies prefer to worry only about their own jurisdiction, instead of sharing information to work together to solve a murder. Egger says a serial murder investigation may, but not always, have as many as seven different crime scenes: the place the victim was initially lured, transportation to a different location, the place the victim was kept, transportation to another location, where the victim was killed, where the body was dumped, and where the weapon was dumped. "In most instances all the police have is the dumpsite," Egger said. Egger says the other crime scenes are never investigated because of linkage blindness and the fact that law enforcement officials usually treat serial murder as a single homicide. "But if you find out that you're talking about multiple dumpsites in different jurisdictions, then you have a higher possibility of coming up with some trace evidence, particularly in the first kill," Egger said. "The offender brings something to the crime scene, leaves something at the crime scene, and takes something away from the crime scene,"
<sniped & BBM - Read More>

I understand what you are saying Caring4, and although I do go to Stuttgart often, I am not local either and maybe should not have brought it up. But on the other hand, if might not hurt just to throw ideas out that someone local may not have thought of idk.
As far as vigils themselves go I know there is a porch light vigil going on and there was a candle light vigil for Cassie yesterday but as far as ppl getting actual candles and gathering on Cassie's street I have not heard of as yet but would be a great idea imo!

So here we have some suggestions and guidance for locals that want to participate in raising awareness in an attempt to stimulate the energy of local PD and those who may/may not be out of their depth on SM:
1.) Streamline and focus existing FB pages to bring attention to Cassie's case with maybe one poster that stays at the top of the page-perhaps one generated by Klaas Kids.
2.) Plan for out reach in the community: creating an ornament, a teddy bear, a bumper sticker, a bracelet something...silicone bracelets are incredibly inexpensive for an example.
3.) Coordinate outreach with twitter campaigns that are targeted to local business and media as well as national media.
4.) A poster or flyer campaign where locals can go from business to business requesting posters be placed in high profile areas.

How am I doing so far?

I would also recommend that locals follow through on their door to door with a request that home owners check outlying buildings and under brush.

*If* locals dont want to take this on or are happy with the direction that the current awareness is going, I think there is probably room for some of us to push for what we know will work.

Thank you for the run down, got4. I was looking for the police/fire logs from September going forward specifically to see what kinds of incidents occurred and were logged in town after the day Cassie was reported missing. For example, we have a report of a fire at the Compton residence. I would love to see the log for that fire.

Have there been police and fire logs generated after the month of September? I cant find them online, but I have weak sleuthing skills frequently.

Out of curiosity, has anyone checked the friends list for any of the insiders in Cassie's and seen a cross over with any of the jurisdictions here?

Out of curiosity, has anyone checked the friends list for any of the insiders in Cassie's and seen a cross over with any of the jurisdictions here?
Believe, can you clarify? Friends on the find page with Cassie's personal? Which jurisdictions? (I can't do much from afar but I can at least try some online sleuthing!)

Believe, can you clarify? Friends on the find page with Cassie's personal? Which jurisdictions? (I can't do much from afar but I can at least try some online sleuthing!)

Not Cassie's. Is there more than one Mark Duke in Stuttgart, does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody