AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got caught up a little. Still on phone and will be for another day or 2 due to a family emergency.
I met JC at the booth for Cassie on Friday. All I can say is that I personally do not feel any better about what may have happened to Cassie I left the both .
The first words JC said to me were NOT "my daughter is missing ".
Just my opinion.

Tupelo, please take care of yourself and your family. :hug: I think you have been an amazing voice for Cassie and I look forward to hearing your thoughts when you are able to share.

I extend the same well wishes and gratitude, Tupelo.

Something I recently learned which is off topic/on topic: "Burners" or prepaid cell phones can be tracked/traced/pinged etc without a warrant by LE. The ruling was, essentially, that someone purchasing a device like this does not have a reasonable expectation of privacy when it comes to the use of the phone and it's location. LINK HERE Different courts have ruled different things when it comes to the content of the phones such as txt messages etc. I dont believe that warrants covering the information are all that difficult to obtain, especially in a case like this one where the cell phone info of several of the insiders might paint a specific story as to what happened the weekend or in the weeks prior to Cassie's disappearance.

Now in certain states like MA, NJ and MD, warrants have to be obtained first. But I dont think that is the case in AR. In any case, if there was any kind of family or shared plan for the cell phones in the home, I would think that the owner of the plan would have granted access.

I think subsequent phone info on the next set of phones everyone is using, if they changed that is, seems likely to be gathered as well. I wonder if HS needed to turn over his phone to LE?

I recently worked a case in NY with LE & a wife of a missing mentally ill man. He had crossed state lines all the way to VA. I dealt with many levels of LE in VA. With both NY & VA I was told that the subpoena wasn't needed for the pings initially UNLESS the carrier asked. They were prepared to request if needed but they'd move forward hoping not to be asked for one.

It's crazy that the request/ requirement of documentation varies so much in different states not needing it was honestly what allowed me to compare with my other evidence & track down the missing man. Without those pings I wouldn't have had a full picture of where his movements were.

I only hope that even if subpoenas were necessary that LE obtained them & are investigating this from every angle. I know not all investigations are what they appear to he public, I can only hope that this is the case for Cassie.

Has anyone requested a FOIA on all reports & incident logs on Cassie? I swear I read that but want to be sure. I'm wondering if we should be doing this or of it was done & LE just hasn't responded?

I'm still thinking of our dear Cassie, I'll try to catch up today and contribute to the discussion.

Some thoughts: what kind of derby was it? why no selfies? or group photos taken there? where is her ticket stub? seems like the kind of thing kiddos would hang on to at least for a while....

on the other thread Twimmom, a VI said Nov 6 - ...'I know the SPD is doing a hamburger benefit and we were told they were also planning on passing out fliers at the wings over the prairie festival.'...

Did SPD pass out fliers about Cassie at the festival...or not?

I'm still thinking of our dear Cassie, I'll try to catch up today and contribute to the discussion.

Some thoughts: what kind of derby was it? why no selfies? or group photos taken there? where is her ticket stub? seems like the kind of thing kiddos would hang on to at least for a while....

Demolition Derby. I think it was at the county fair. Never been to their county fair, but at our small county fair, we don't get tickets. You pay to get in, then have your hand stamped if you leave & need to get back in.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope this helps a little. It should take you to the DeWitt newspaper's FB page which has some pictures of the demolition derby:

https://www.facebook.com/255231564489429/photos/pcb.861597590519487/861596723852907/?type=1&theater

And, yes, I am downloading and zooming as best I can to see if I can spot her.

Noticed Car 24 has the name Cassie on it, but I have no idea if that is for our Cassie . . . .

I magnified the south, west and north stands, but there were no shots of the main side to the east on this FB page. I kept in mind three people who might have been around her -- not naming names -- while looking at blondes. Noticed a lot of people were wearing jackets, too cool for just a tank top and shorts.

I'd wonder if someone at the event didn't catch Cassie on their photos. I can't say that I think everyone in the bunch is full of it. But someone sure is...question is which person.

I personally wonder what BRs call, mail & visitation logs look like from jail. I'm curious who would be there to see him & how often. I know myself as a mom-I would go & ask my own questions whether I thought he was involved or not. Do you remember seeing her in a different outfit before leaving? Did she say anything? Which direction did she leave in? Where were you? Who were you with? Can you think of anyone that would hurt her? Etc etc etc
Honestly I think we'd all had done this ages ago, along with going door to door to neighbors and businesses, etc but I had to say it out loud.

Demolition Derby. I think it was at the county fair. Never been to their county fair, but at our small county fair, we don't get tickets. You pay to get in, then have your hand stamped if you leave & need to get back in.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I didn't want to just assume it was a demolition derby. Did they just go to the derby or did they ride the rides at the carnival? play games? Was there a parade that day? We went to the county fair back home this past summer which included a lot more than just the demolition derby. I'm surprised we haven't heard from other people that they saw her.

Hope this helps a little. It should take you to the DeWitt newspaper's FB page which has some pictures of the demolition derby:

https://www.facebook.com/255231564489429/photos/pcb.861597590519487/861596723852907/?type=1&theater

And, yes, I am downloading and zooming as best I can to see if I can spot her.

Noticed Car 24 has the name Cassie on it, but I have no idea if that is for our Cassie . . . .

I magnified the south, west and north stands, but there were no shots of the main side to the east on this FB page. I kept in mind three people who might have been around her -- not naming names -- while looking at blondes. Noticed a lot of people were wearing jackets, too cool for just a tank top and shorts.

Can someone w/a flyer handy send it to this FB page and see if they'll post it?

I think Savvy can give us an idea of awareness on the ground as well. I found it pretty disheartening that there were just two posters seen. I would love to get a good sense on the location of the flyer booth, the kind of traffic there, the number of posters and fingerprint cards handed out, was there a tip box and did LE participate in any of the awareness?

As for FOIA, I cant tell you how many have been done for Cassie's case but I suspect there have been a few. I know initially when we brainstormed the request was going to be for incident reports, dispatch logs and the MP report etc. IIRC one of our VI's was going to take it an run with it, but nothing came back to us here. I think there is more info available and a very very small piece was shared with Tupelo. When I do FOIA requests, I get the material back and also receive a document telling me that the rest of the material was excluded for (xyz) reason.

Was Savvy referring to just posters seen at the festival? Because I have seen numerous flyers all over town in restaurants, gas stations, and stores.

As for FOIA, I cant tell you how many have been done for Cassie's case but I suspect there have been a few. I know initially when we brainstormed the request was going to be for incident reports, dispatch logs and the MP report etc. IIRC one of our VI's was going to take it an run with it, but nothing came back to us here. I think there is more info available and a very very small piece was shared with Tupelo. When I do FOIA requests, I get the material back and also receive a document telling me that the rest of the material was excluded for (xyz) reason.

Respectfully snipped.
What I was asking earlier was if someone had asked again after Tupelamz did. I thought there was a mention of asking again or had asked around the same time for a similar request, but was still waiting? I was just asking if this was correct... I'm curious if this is the case if LE may be responding differently because if the level of detail that was requested?

imho I don't think it is the same dog...the older pic the ears look more on top of head, more pointy on ends and open forward ( possibly could be pointed up as it got older)and the coat looks a little sleeker, and the other dog's ears look more to side of head and rounder, and a much furrier coat

What time did the derby end (handing out awards)? What time did it get dark that day? Did they do anything besides watch crashing cars? Did they leave before the derby was over? If so, why?

Did BR see Cassie walk up the pathway? Did JC speak to her daughter through the door? Can HS prove Cassie went home?

Thanks, C4M.

So it was dark just after 5:30.

Did ANYONE see HS at the derby? Anyone at all? Where did he sit? (I bet there are more pictures. LE needs to get the media to request anyone who took pics that day to please send them in).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003