AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No house burned down. After BR left JC's house he was found squatting in an empty house that has sustained fire damage but not structurally destroyed. He was charged with criminal trespassing and is still in custody.
Thank you for the facts. I now know what I need to do with this information.

In the meantime, STM, can you answer ANY of the questions that Caring has posting, in such a way that I can tweet them out as facts?

I wasn't going to tell you, but I think it's best I just come out with it. I created the twitter account. I got sick of waiting for someone else. I am happy to hand it over. I have an email address, and I actually made a FB page but deleted it because I agree we should only have one.

If you want the twitter info, Tricia can IM me and I will hand over the password pronto.

Now, I can help you with all of this, and I am happy to dedicate the time because this case has become very important to me. I can create a web blog for free, and every time something is posted on that page, it will automatically also post to the linked FB and twitter.

You tell me what you want, I will do it. In the meantime, I am hitting random media twitter accounts with pleads for help. Sooner or later some reporter is going to see this as a gold nugget, and I don't care who it is as long as someone does ANYTHING to find out what happened to Cassie. I did not mention anything about the fire yet, because I am still unclear if the posted pics on the FD facebook page are of Cassie's house. If news that a stench and fire to cover it up were not reported as part of Cassie's case, that alone will force media to take notice.

Boss me around. Tell me what to do here.

Edited to add: FindCassieCompton@gmail.com

In that case thanks for the follow :D

Have you created a header for the twitter account? Make sure all the relevant phone numbers are on it, and the hashtag and you can even put the fb page on there too if you want.

ETA Just saw the new header on the fb page https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10647205_1550613551819261_7992690489188020812_n.jpg?oh=0436d5b36bcba460334703f61d904446&oe=55079035&__gda__=1427777292_ef7758d762a2d71be78ceaad2b07f1e1 Nice work, love it!

No house burned down. After BR left JC's house he was found squatting in an empty house that has sustained fire damage but not structurally destroyed. He was charged with criminal trespassing and is still in custody.

Foxfire, who has great information about investigations, offered a FBI link that suggested keeping information as separate by topic/subject/category as possible to keep things focused. Where should people look to find this 15 year old girl Cassie Compton? How far and how wide should she be sought? Thank you for the information. Should there be a thread for BR and a who is Cassie Compton?

I am a more recent follower of this case, so I defer to the collective judgement of the rest of you who are local and/or have been following longer.

With that being said, my own opinion is that a factual website is a great idea. It also might be easier for Google to index a website versus an ever-changing Facebook page. If that is so, hopefully the website might rank high for key search terms and would make it easy for people to find up-to-date information with a brief online search.

I would be happy to help with the website creation if it is needed – I have created/managed many small-scale websites for companies in the past (I am a graphic designer who also knows HTML, etc.).

If a group wants to proceed with the website idea, may I suggest something like Wordpress.com instead of Wix.com if people want a custom domain like http://www.findcassiecompton.com? The reason is the price difference.

There is a small fee to purchase a domain for a year (it varies based on the registrar, but let's say $10/year as a basis), which is not a big deal. However, Wix charges their own fee if you use your own domain with their hosting/templates. Wix charges $4.08/month if you use your own domain name and they broadcast ads on the site. To remove ads, the cost looks to be $9.25/month. By contrast, Wordpress.com will host the site and allow use of your own custom domain for $18/year (including domain name purchase) or $13/year if we buy the domain separately.

Otherwise, both sites allow for free web hosting if you use their own domains, such as http://username.wix.com/sitename. But I think the custom one seems much more professional and credible.

One other thing to consider is whether or not to make the registration information private, which can be another $8-15/year. If this is not selected, then the address and contact information for the person registering the website is made public. (We can get a custom domain name, hosting on the Wordpress site, and private registration for $26 for the year.)

Wordpress also has a lot of additional 'widgets' that can be added to customize the site. Not that we would want to, but you can add a message board and all kinds of things. It's also easy to update and maintain, especially when it comes to text changes.

I am a more recent follower of this case, so I defer to the collective judgement of the rest of you who are local and/or have been following longer.

With that being said, my own opinion is that a factual website is a great idea. It also might be easier for Google to index a website versus an ever-changing Facebook page. If that is so, hopefully the website might rank high for key search terms and would make it easy for people to find up-to-date information with a brief online search.

I would be happy to help with the website creation if it is needed – I have created/managed many small-scale websites for companies in the past (I am a graphic designer who also knows HTML, etc.).

If a group wants to proceed with the website idea, may I suggest something like Wordpress.com instead of Wix.com if people want a custom domain like http://www.findcassiecompton.com? The reason is the price difference.

There is a small fee to purchase a domain for a year (it varies based on the registrar, but let's say $10/year as a basis), which is not a big deal. However, Wix charges their own fee if you use your own domain with their hosting/templates. Wix charges $4.08/month if you use your own domain name and they broadcast ads on the site. To remove ads, the cost looks to be $9.25/month. By contrast, Wordpress.com will host the site and allow use of your own custom domain for $18/year (including domain name purchase) or $13/year if we buy the domain separately.

Otherwise, both sites allow for free web hosting if you use their own domains, such as http://username.wix.com/sitename. But I think the custom one seems much more professional and credible.

One other thing to consider is whether or not to make the registration information private, which can be another $8-15/year. If this is not selected, then the address and contact information for the person registering the website is made public. (We can get a custom domain name, hosting on the Wordpress site, and private registration for $26 for the year.)

Wordpress also has a lot of additional 'widgets' that can be added to customize the site. Not that we would want to, but you can add a message board and all kinds of things. It's also easy to update and maintain, especially when it comes to text changes.

Brilliant caveat! That's what I was trying to get across but didn't have much time earlier, a basic page for info and yes hits for google, bing etc with links to twitter and FB for those that want to look further or discuss/share. Like a portal but most importantly to get cassies name exposure to a wider audience, and a go to for the facts. I personally think it's a great idea! It does not mean stepping on anyones toes on the groups, just helping hopefully.

Have you known this for a while? This feels like more detail then we have had before. :)

In that case thanks for the follow :D

Have you created a header for the twitter account? Make sure all the relevant phone numbers are on it, and the hashtag and you can even put the fb page on there too if you want.

ETA Just saw the new header on the fb page https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10647205_1550613551819261_7992690489188020812_n.jpg?oh=0436d5b36bcba460334703f61d904446&oe=55079035&__gda__=1427777292_ef7758d762a2d71be78ceaad2b07f1e1 Nice work, love it!

Yeah, I'm going to work on a header. There's so much to do, plus my own life stuff.

I am just starting this... https://findcassiecompton.wordpress.com but it needs a lot of work. I just started it about 1/2 hour ago.

I am just starting this... https://findcassiecompton.wordpress.com but it needs a lot of work. I just started it about 1/2 hour ago.

I'm new here but not new to this case, but may I give my opinion? I think this is AWESOME work. The flyer made maybe should have more of a current picture of her. She was a blonde when she disappeared and her hair was longer. I say this because most look at the picture verses reading details (sad but true) although it is stated in writing her hair was dyed blonde etc, people need a visual. Just my opinion of course

I'm new here but not new to this case, but may I give my opinion? I think this is AWESOME work. The flyer made maybe should have more of a current picture of her. She was a blonde when she disappeared and her hair was longer. I say this because most look at the picture verses reading details (sad but true) although it is stated in writing her hair was dyed blonde etc, people need a visual. Just my opinion of course
Thank you, good point. If she is out there, and no longer dying her hair, we would want to know that version too.

Agreed. So maybe have one with a current picture and then one of her without her hair dyed?

:welcome: bigheart :)

Opinions are welcome just so long as we make sure we are stating that they are just that, our opinions.

I am interested to hear your thoughts and happy to see a new "face" joining the search for Cassie.

Did the house already have fire damage before he began squatting? Or is this the house with the stench and subsequent fire. I had thought the stench/small fire was at JC's house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think these may be the best as far as showing her as a blond and as she may have appeared when she went missing.

4787858_G.jpg
4788432_G.jpg

sunkist, it is my understanding that the vacant house (squatting location) is near Cassie's house, had suffered interior fire but not structural damage. I believe the rumored burning of evidence business was alleged to have taken place at the home Judy, Brandon and Cassie shared and took place shortly after Cassie was missing but before Brandon left or was kicked out of the residence and subsequently found some days later squatting at the fire damaged property.

sunkist, it is my understanding that the vacant house (squatting location) is near Cassie's house, had suffered interior fire but not structural damage. I believe the rumored burning of evidence business was alleged to have taken place at the home Judy, Brandon and Cassie shared and took place shortly after Cassie was missing but before Brandon left or was kicked out of the residence and subsequently found some days later squatting at the fire damaged property.

Thank you tlcya. That is exactly what I thought, but wanted to clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members