AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need someone to be an admin to the blog, twitter and gmail accounts. I don't have time to really spend on them, and I have been ignoring a lot of other things to get these going. I will stay an admin also, but I need help.

We need to discuss linking the blog to the FB. I'm all for it except one thing.... the conversations here in WS would be highly inappropriate on the FB page. And I really think the blog page will end up with some WS type discussion. It won't be able to be helped.

Collectively, you must decide if the FB page is meant as a supportive place for information on how to join and help, versus a place to go get nitty gritty facts. We have WS, we don't need WS version 2. I'm not saying that.... but the blog can be linked to easier than WS, and more than one person can help manage it.

Every post that is made to the blog will go out on the twitter line. Period. I don't think that is appropriate for the FB page. They each have a purpose, all united at one home base.

Please input your thoughts.

In the meantime, if anyone objects to someone here being an admin, please say so. Otherwise, I am for having a verified insider as an admin, to help keep things factual and to help keep things we have no idea about getting out there. STM, you have no idea that every single post you make is new information. We really need more of you here. Bigheart, thank you too. Already, you have delivered fresh new info that we had no clue about. Bring all your friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know I want you guys to consider that the admin for the pages generated by WS should have someone with a broad range of law enforcement experience. We need oversight and we have unfortunately seen what happens when that influence is not present. I feel strongly about this.

Hi, I wasn't going to say anything, but decided maybe I should. I'm one of the Admins from the Facebook page for Cassie. The Find Cassie Compton Page. And I'm willing and ready for us to try and work together. I'm looking forward to seeing progress and fresh ideas for Cassie.

:welcome: to WS, it's good to have you here!

I need someone to be an admin to the blog, twitter and gmail accounts. I don't have time to really spend on them, and I have been ignoring a lot of other things to get these going. I will stay an admin also, but I need help.

We need to discuss linking the blog to the FB. I'm all for it except one thing.... the conversations here in WS would be highly inappropriate on the FB page. And I really think the blog page will end up with some WS type discussion. It won't be able to be helped.

Collectively, you must decide if the FB page is meant as a supportive place for information on how to join and help, versus a place to go get nitty gritty facts. We have WS, we don't need WS version 2. I'm not saying that.... but the blog can be linked to easier than WS, and more than one person can help manage it.

Every post that is made to the blog will go out on the twitter line. Period. I don't think that is appropriate for the FB page. They each have a purpose, all united at one home base.

In the meantime, if anyone objects to someone here being an admin, please say so. Otherwise, I am for having a verified insider as an admin, to help keep things factual and to help keep things we have no idea about getting out there. STM, you have no idea that every single post you make is new information. We really need more of you here. Bigheart, thank you too. Already, you have delivered fresh new info that we had no clue about. Bring all your friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't mind being an admin, but I will need some help for sure. And I agree, the blog is a place for people to speak their minds (pleasant or not) where as the FB page maybe just needs more attention, more interaction, and discussions that won't lead to people cussing each other out. Some people tend to think that manners don't exist on FB.

I wasn't going to tell you, but I think it's best I just come out with it. I created the twitter account. I got sick of waiting for someone else. I am happy to hand it over. I have an email address, and I actually made a FB page but deleted it because I agree we should only have one.

If you want the twitter info, Tricia can IM me and I will hand over the password pronto.

Now, I can help you with all of this, and I am happy to dedicate the time because this case has become very important to me. I can create a web blog for free, and every time something is posted on that page, it will automatically also post to the linked FB and twitter.

You tell me what you want, I will do it. In the meantime, I am hitting random media twitter accounts with pleads for help. Sooner or later some reporter is going to see this as a gold nugget, and I don't care who it is as long as someone does ANYTHING to find out what happened to Cassie. I did not mention anything about the fire yet, because I am still unclear if the posted pics on the FD facebook page are of Cassie's house. If news that a stench and fire to cover it up were not reported as part of Cassie's case, that alone will force media to take notice.

Boss me around. Tell me what to do here.

Edited to add: FindCassieCompton@gmail.com
You are awesome!

I can help with Twitter. Just tell me what I can do to be most helpful. :)

I would be interested in helping admin the BLOG, but really for proofreading and such. I have a journalism degree and can catch misspellings of local people and places. I like working with maps. I also have some court and newspaper experience. The only web work I have done was as a teacher on a page within a school website.

:happydance: GigTu Thank you for taking the initiative. It is just what was needed-you rock!!

i know we have hashed up a few of them, but it seems even so we still don't have solid answers, just educated guesses.
Feel free to add answers- i added a few in italics below. Lets try to eliminate these as much as possible, please?:thinking:

1) clothing size, boot size & description including brand
2) phone description including model number
3) who was really outside when cassie came home- jc, br, friends?
4) which of jc’s recollections of that night are correct- did she see cassie, did she talk to cassie, was she sleeping? Was it 8pm or 8am that she started texting cassie?
5) it has been stated that cassie was quiet on the ride back from the derby and possibly prior. Can we get more detail on this? Was it not like cassie to be quiet?
6) what was the order of events for br in regards to calls to ts & le along with visits to le the night cassie went missing
7) what time was the missing persons report made & by whom? now that we have seen the mpr- do we think there is another one? The one we have is am 9/15 by jc.
8) why did br ride his bike to the station rather than call for an officer?
9) how much money did cassie have with her? Since she left her purse behind, was there still money left in her purse?
10) did cassie’s phone run out of minutes and when? It was said her phone was hitting vm was that her phone dead or no minutes?
11) what was cassie’s usual “cigarette run” like? Ie- store, older friend got them for her at the store, she went to a friend’s house, met a friend’s somewhere, etc
12) the 2 times that cassie ran away for 3-4 days when was she reported & how long after she left was she reported? Where did she go?
13) how was the runaway status introduced & when was cassies status changed to missing?
14) status of the foia requests? Has one been submitted since twinmama hasn’t returned? (including logs, fd info etc)
15) was there a foia request submitted on the found items incident?
16) we need an idea of cassie’s personality- was she naïve, outgoing, etc--see post on fb page "who is cassie to you?"
17) who are cassie’s friends other than hs?
18) did anyone else at the youth group (?first baptist) ever really talk to cassie? Maybe they know some info through small talk.
19) what other activities was cassie into other than youth group?
20) where did cassie get her scars- i have seen car accident & from a dog attack.
21) was the pink apple device an ipod cassie had or a friends iphone/ipod?
22) how did jc & br meet?
23) what is br & cassie’s relationship like? Ok, controlling, etc?
24) do cassie & br have mutual friends?
25) cassie is still not in namus-is there a reason that le, asp & fbi feel that shouldn’t be done?
26) are there any future search plans?
27) were all of brs things removed from the home? Specifically electronics, journals, etc
28) does the family have a pc? Was that taken by le?
29) are there any firearms in the home of jc & if so are they registered? How about in the home of ts? If so, are any of them missing?
30) in jcs home now- has anything changed? Photos- more? Less? Are things new or missing- curtains, bedding?
[/quote]
Great list

You know I want you guys to consider that the admin for the pages generated by WS should have someone with a broad range of law enforcement experience. We need oversight and we have unfortunately seen what happens when that influence is not present. I feel strongly about this.
Agreed. That's why before I fork over any passwords or post too much more than I have, we need da boss to tell us what/who, etc. At least it's started and has some connections, and FB, twitter, gmail, and even WS are linked on teh contact us page. All contact in one place. Maybe that should be the main page it falls to when someone visits. hmmmm

I'm very encouraged to see people from the FB posting here! :) I think the FB and website each have some unique strengths to bring. For example, FB seems like a great way for members of the community to be reminded - with very little effort on their parts - about Cassie and any news. The website, on the other hand, can be a source of information (as well as information 'needs' or questions) for a wider group of people ... especially those who do not use Facebook.

I noticed the website currently has a discussion page. Is this set up to automatically include posts from site visitors without any moderation? I guess I'm a little concerned about what people might post and if it might eventually detract from the purpose of the page. Thinking aloud ...

Here are some other ideas, which may be bad ones. :thinking:
1) Would it help to have a timeline on the page?
2) Someone made a list of questions to which we do not have answers. My apologies for forgetting who created this, but I wonder if the page might list some basic information that would be helpful to know. For example, asking if people know what type of phone Cassie had or where Person X was on date Y. This is a little iffy to me because at a certain point it would feel like funneling information to the admin rather than LE, but again, thinking out loud here.
2a) As an extension of the previous one, [eople need some concrete ways they can help. I like what this page did: http://www.bringabbyhome.com/how-can-i-help-find-abby/
3) Would it be okay if I make some banners and such for review? I'd be glad for any of the groups to use them. Maybe we could get some small banners that other blogs/websites/etc. could use to link back to the website? And no hard feelings if you don't like them.

(I realize the page is brand new and GigTu has done a great job! Just thinking of some potential ideas for what might go on there.)

I can help with Twitter. Just tell me what I can do to be most helpful. :)
For now, post to @FindCassie, and retweet till your fingers are raw.

:happydance: GigTu Thank you for taking the initiative. It is just what was needed-you rock!!
You are welcome.

May I also say one more thing, then I need to get out of here and do some things in my personal life that I have ignored for awhile.

I think, I believe, the FB should be front and center and the focal point. Always always, the positive place to go to find out what event, new news that everyone simply must know, the main place to go for anything that is media. Pictures, stories, memories, good things, real things, things that engage others and make them want to come talk, and feel safe. Twitter and blog are supporting the FB page, but area also a place people go to talk real and hold no punches. FB has a much higher rate of visualization and we need to take advantage that.

WS has a lot of rules, FB needs to have a lot of rules and remain a positive, supportive place. Twitter and blog can be the place to go to get thigns off your chest and ask questions we can't ask here.

They are not really associated with WS. WS is just aware of them. Does that make sense?

About hair style and natural color -- If she were on an extended run from home and could not maintain dyed hair color, her natural color was a dishwater blond which I have not really seen in her selfies. The MockingJay blackt-shirt shows roots, but it is not like when I had her in junior high. I even googled images of dishwater blond but most show models with shiny well-styled hair so I haven't tried to link over. I would also like to note that proper grammar is BLOND when used as an adjective in front of word like hair and BLONDE is a noun for someone who has light-colored hair. (AP stylebook rule)

While we are waiting for the go ahead and sorting out the jobs,

I realize you havent been verified yet, bigheart, but I am going to give this a shot assuming that you will be-

Can you answer some of the outstanding questions we have regarding Cassie's physical description, a firm description of her phone and can you offer any more clarity regarding an actual timeline?

You are welcome.

May I also say one more thing, then I need to get out of here and do some things in my personal life that I have ignored for awhile.

I think, I believe, the FB should be front and center and the focal point. Always always, the positive place to go to find out what event, new news that everyone simply must know, the main place to go for anything that is media. Pictures, stories, memories, good things, real things, things that engage others and make them want to come talk, and feel safe. Twitter and blog are supporting the FB page, but area also a place people go to talk real and hold no punches. FB has a much higher rate of visualization and we need to take advantage that.

WS has a lot of rules, FB needs to have a lot of rules and remain a positive, supportive place. Twitter and blog can be the place to go to get thigns off your chest and ask questions we can't ask here.

They are not really associated with WS. WS is just aware of them. Does that make sense?

Just to add some thoughts-it can be cohesive as in all be concerned about Cassie, but the oversight of SM can be really really effective and impactful if handled a certain way. It's like having a box to communicate prayers and well wishes that can also be a safe place to leave a tip regarding her case.

People know something. It is highly likely that people in Stuttgart have information that will lead to her recovery. I think it is really important to create platforms where people feel comfortable getting that information off of their chest.

I'm very encouraged to see people from the FB posting here! :) I think the FB and website each have some unique strengths to bring. For example, FB seems like a great way for members of the community to be reminded - with very little effort on their parts - about Cassie and any news. The website, on the other hand, can be a source of information (as well as information 'needs' or questions) for a wider group of people ... especially those who do not use Facebook.

I noticed the website currently has a discussion page. Is this set up to automatically include posts from site visitors without any moderation? I guess I'm a little concerned about what people might post and if it might eventually detract from the purpose of the page. Thinking aloud ...

2) Someone made a list of questions to which we do not have answers. My apologies for forgetting who created this, but I wonder if the page might list some basic information that would be helpful to know. For example, asking if people know what type of phone Cassie had or where Person X was on date Y. This is a little iffy to me because at a certain point it would feel like funneling information to the admin rather than LE, but again, thinking out loud here.
2a) As an extension of the previous one, [eople need some concrete ways they can help. I like what this page did: http://www.bringabbyhome.com/how-can-i-help-find-abby/
3) Would it be okay if I make some banners and such for review? I'd be glad for any of the groups to use them. Maybe we could get some small banners that other blogs/websites/etc. could use to link back to the website? And no hard feelings if you don't like them.

(I realize the page is brand new and GigTu has done a great job! Just thinking of some potential ideas for what might go on there.)

Timeline is a fantastic idea. Maybe we can toss it on the maps page, as part of that.

As far as "discussion", just trying to keep all conversation in one place and not junk up the other pages. We can choose what is allowed to post, and block spam and such. Also, I don't think anyone anywhere should be allowed to be rude, disrespectful, name call, or slander anyone. It is absolutely necessary to ask questions, but there are right and wrong ways to do that. Some questions are off limits here in WS, but I want to ask them. I want to be frank. Seems like if i go rogue and take my questions to another place, then they can come back here if they aren't out of line and we can really dig into them.

I read the entire thread(s) for Abraham Shakespeare. That was a crazy crazy story, and I cried several times throughout. It really hurt me that someone could be so cold to such a sweet young man. For some reason, dear little Cassie Compton has affected me equally. I want to be able to go where the AS thread went, but I don't think we can do that here because we aren't going to get the #1 suspect in here chatting.

I know that I would be grateful for any banners for the Facebook page that you could make. SmallTownMomma has made me one. I think if we have several to change out often, it would be a good thing. JMO

About hair style and natural color -- If she were on an extended run from home and could not maintain dyed hair color, her natural color was a dishwater blond which I have not really seen in her selfies. The MockingJay blackt-shirt shows roots, but it is not like when I had her in junior high. I even googled images of dishwater blond but most show models with shiny well-styled hair so I haven't tried to link over. I would also like to note that proper grammar is BLOND when used as an adjective in front of word like hair and BLONDE is a noun for someone who has light-colored hair. (AP stylebook rule)
I made this collage of every picture I could find of her:
https://findcassiecompton.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/all-of-cassie-copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members