DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Temporarily closing for review.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi Everyone,

We all want the same thing...to find Cassie and bring her home safe and sound.

Sometimes people get carried away with trying to help and end up doing just the opposite.

This thread will remained closed at least through tomorrow (Monday) night.

In the meantime I'll be reviewing everything to get an understanding how this thread went south.

One thing I would like everyone to remember is you cannot contact case players and then come back and post about your discussion. Also, you cannot contact anyone and say you are with, "Websleuths".

Imagine if we allowed posters to post about contacting people involved in cases. A large number would want to try and contact the people involved in the case they are interested in.

Can you imagine how this would go over with the police? With the victim's family? I shudder to think about being the receiving end on a phone call from an angry detective or family member.

Thank you for caring about Cassie. I will have this thread back up and running as soon as I can tomorrow.

Take Care,
Tricia

One thing we have to be careful about on Websleuths is attaching Websleuths to a certain Facebook page or Twitter account.

I don't want to douse your enthusiasm about starting social media accounts for Cassie but Websleuths cannot be a part of any social media group set up for Cassie. That means Facebook, Twitter, or anything else.

We cannot allow the tweets and FB links to accounts set up by people wanting to support Cassie because we have no way of knowing who set them up, if what they are saying is true, and if the family supports the accounts.

Please understand that if we allowed members to link up Websleuths with their media pages and accounts we would be working 24/7. It's hard enough running a forum this size.

Again, your enthusiasm and kindness toward Cassie is heartwarming. I'm sure Cassie's family appreciates it too.

Still reviewing. Hope to have the thread back open by sometime tomorrow.

Tricia

Dear Websleuths Members,

It is EXTREMELY important to make sure you do not take a rumor and turn it into fact.

Please do not post rumors. Posting about rumors leads to nothing but the thread becoming a total mess.

If you are a verified insider please be careful about what you post.

If you post something that the police do not know about then you will hurt the case.

If you post something that law enforcement does not want released to the public you will hurt the case.

All of this truly hurts one person and that's Cassie.

We are here to help find her. Please don't get caught up in the whirlwind of topics that have nothing to do with the case.

If you are not sure if you should post something or you have any questions you can send a private message to:

Salem
SoSueMe
Fran
Tricia
Beach
Imamaze
Bessie
Cold Pizza
Marlywings

Ok, thread is open. Please keep the focus on the case.

Thank you,
Tricia

Thank you, Tricia (and mods) for all of your hard work, time, and dedication.

Back to work at helping Cassie!

20141208_195009.jpg20141208_195013.jpg
Hope this works my daughter took pics of The float. She didn't realize it was the one for Cassie until it was past her and she saw the back

Thank you Tupelo!! Can you tell us whether or not they handed things out?

I wonder what kind of investigation was done on the RSO's in the area of Cassie's home. There are 20 near her, some surprisingly near her. Their crimes are very serious and there are a number of level 3 offenders. TOS permits us to sleuth sex offenders on the registry in the area of a crime victim-see if this changes anything you might be thinking regarding her disappearance:

Map of Offenders

Please keep in mind that if a Verified Poster makes a post that does not necessarily mean it is fact.

That's why I am asking the Verified Posters to please be very careful with what you post.

Thank you,
Tricia

Here is the front of the float -- Porch Light Theme.

Cassie float.jpg

I don't recall a discussion about RSOs, which is unusual for us here at WS- usually we check that right away in missing cases like Cassie's.

Never too late to start.

My daughter was in the middle of the parade route. She was watching for Cassie's float for me. She had no idea it was her float until it passed. She said they didn't throw or pass out anything.

Thanks tupelo. At least they got Cassie's face out there. They didn't have much time to prepare, so perhaps that's all they could manage at the time.

The poster was nice and big-very well done.

I urge you all to take a look at that registry and that map. Check out each offender. We can check them against vinelink perhaps and see who is incarcerated or was at the time of Cassie's disappearance...IIRC one of the people listed is now deceased.

Now that I think about it, it's REALLY odd we haven't had a discussion about RSO's and proximity to Cassie. I thnk maybe we were distracted by the RSOs actually in Cassie's life. But very often, there are communities within communities, especially housing-wise, in clusters. Or living with family.

It looks like some of them are employed in the area as well as living in the area. If you put in Cassie's address and imagine her walking out of her front door, she is going to cross someone almost in any direction she headed. :(

Now that I think about it, it's REALLY odd we haven't had a discussion about RSO's and proximity to Cassie. I thnk maybe we were distracted by the RSOs actually in Cassie's life. But very often, there are communities within communities, especially housing-wise, in clusters. Or living with family.

VERY true IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members