AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO this case needs any and all the help we can get! It has fallen off of the radar and I am thrilled to see this progress! If CFSI helps find Cassie, the organizations can argue about if it was handled correctly, AFTER THE FACT! Good Job, Tupelo and bigheart!!!

No arguing from here; I hope and pray along with all the rest of you that someone helps find Cassie ASAP.

Just a cautionary word from someone who has been around the SAR world for awhile, that while the first and foremost goal is to locate the missing person, there are right ways and wrong ways to go about doing that.
I would hate to see Cassie and/or those that love her be hurt even more than they already have been.

When I started doing a little research on the RSO's, I ended up in Dewitt (was thinking about the derby)- the RSO list around there is quite daunting. There do seem to be quite a few living in clustered housing. I'm guessing some of these are halfway houses. Somehow from there, I ended up back in Stuttgart and the local food bank ministry (?) not sure what it is officially called, and began wondering about the transient population in Stuttgart. And considering one of the suspects was arrested for trespassing (squatting) well- what is that population like? The homeless population?
Just some info I don't think we've talked about much before.

I remember a case in WA where an RSO was homeless-I know there are some listed on WAs site-does AR tolerate this as well I wonder? I'll try to add WAs link in a moment so you see what I'm referring to.

WA-
http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/view/lid/123711/
Article that touches on increase in homeless RSOs
http://portlandtribune.com/pt/9-news/128257-portland-sex-offender-magnet
Homeless RSOs near LR, AR
http://www.homefacts.com/offenders/Arkansas/Pulaski-County/North-Little-Rock.html

Yes we had a case here as well, no link though. It was an RSO who was temporarily homeless due to eviction. He had grabbed a teen, who went missing for about 6 hrs. Fortunately she was located alive. Like so many of us, with additional stressors in life, our risk of bad behavior goes up. So I'm concerned about the Sunday night thing. It's a time of stress for a lot of people- back to work or school the next day- or not, in some cases. The end of a long, lonely weekend for some. A lot of family time for others. Sometimes public resources have not been available over the weekend, also making stressors higher for those who rely on them. That sort of thing.

Respectfully snipped for space.

I know many of the bigger MPOs aren't involved in many cases simply because LE or family haven't reached out to register their missing loved one. It's not good business to chase down families asking them to register, it doesn't reflect well, much like ambulance chasing. Especially with so many cases out there-ones the MPO is already working & new ones open every minute. How do they know who is already registered so as not to put their foot into another MPOs case much less how do decide which case to take making the other families wonder "why not me?" This all of course while they're attending to other cases. IMO they work what they have & when a family goes through the registration process and asks for help they're there ready to do. It also shows some sort if intent when you register-ie your missing loved one is an adult & you waive liability to sue should it be that they needed space but you put them on blast to the nation or you're responsible for that person being missing-but you sought out an MPO-was it a reputable MPO or one that is known for inaccuracies? Just what I've seen in my 5-6yrs around here...

Couldn't agree more. Especially with the solicitation aspect. Kinda why one of the first things I want to know in a MP case is what org(s) is/are involved, and who called them in.
It's very, very telling.

Got4, if you have the chance to pop in down on the SAR thread, I am interested in routes of travel from the River Rd addy to the bridge as well. Not a most direct route, but one that might be meandering or in a half arc. You might be the best person to describe this. TIA.

couple of possible shelters- if currect
Arkansas County pg 2
http://humanservices.arkansas.gov/dco/dco_docs/ArkansasHomelessShelters.pdf

I wonder if there was any transient population at the time Cassie went missing...are temporary workers hired for any of the farm/seed/grain harvesting?

And as far as the RSO's...interesting...

also, did anyone ever notice that someone came up being gone any that next week? Like just out of the blue oddly took a day off work or wasn't around, or anything just different feeling?

It is actually more common to hire temp labor early in the growing season than during harvest. Manual labor is needed to shovel in the many levee gates for irrigation in the rice fields and to lift and pour 50-pound seed bags for soybeans planted by June. In a very dry summer, manual labor puts out the poly-pipe tubing for row-crop (corn and beans) irrigation. Coffee bean plants (tall weed) need to be pulled by hand, but kids make money doing that. Harvest requires the operation of expensive equipment (combines run $90,000) so farmers don't like to have non-experienced / non-insured workers at the wheel. Any break-downs require on-site repair as you don't tow tractors pulling grain carts. There are plenty of truck brokers around whose drivers will pick up extra farm-to-mill runs during harvest instead of longer hauls.

My brother is fluent in Spanish and can go down to 7th and College streets area to ask for day laborers. There is another pocket of Hispanics near 18th and Buerkle. Many of the single males are Hispanics living together to send to family elsewhere or saving enough to bring in family. They often have good mechanical and construction skills.

The homeless here are people who shift from household to household -- usually relatives trying to help someone get on their feet. (Elementary gets confused as to who their siblings are because of so many half-siblings and cousins combined in households.) Mosquitos are HORRIBLE here because of rice growing in water two solid months, so there are virtually no street people to speak of. I see maybe two people passing through a year with backpacks / tents along Hwy. 79 which our family travels daily. The 1700 Main St. block address on RSO content has an trailer with a very rapid turn-around of tenants. The trailer is placed in the middle of a row of normal houses and doesn't quite seem to fit the zoning. I don't remember a home burning out there in the past, but it is highly visible and noticeable to Main Street traffic. And it is just three blocks from Cassie's house.

O/T There was a great deal of police activity at a house ACROSS the street from the Compton's last night. Involved helicopter surveillance. May have simply been drug-related . . . Could "horrible stench" referred to upthread have been meth house odor?

A good checks and balance is to cross reference 'advertised' recovery stats with info from an independent and verified source in the SAR community- often government and LE sources are useful for this. And it's good to know how a SAR group came to be involved in a case- who called them, or did they call in themselves? Have they provided references of PD's they have worked with successfully in the past? Have those PD's or jurisdictions been contacted about the group? What resources do they have available for the specific type of MP case? All those sorts of things, good to know.

Here are some more current NCIC database links on MP cases, and MP-Juvenile cases. CSFI's look like the ones from 1999 quoted on the NCMEC page.

NCIC

When I heard the house odor report, my first thought was meth.
But the FD didn't write it up as a cleanup that way, so I wondered. Usually FD's will respond with a hazmat crew. Does anyone recall if there was any hazmat response at the Compton residence after the fire call there? Did the FD or police notify any neighboring residences of a hazmat situation at a residence in the neighborhood?

Got4, the police response to the residence across the street yesterday- was that reported on scanner?

believe09, you had mentioned an issue with vinelink to me. Can you post the link to the info on BR here? Should be public record. TIA.

The link you attach does not work to take you directly to the info on BR in vinelink. Vinelink doesn't allow for direct linking. However the BLR who is listed there with a birth date of 11/26/89 has a photo if you click for it and that photo would seem to be the same BLR we are discussing in reference to this case. After looking at that photo let me know what you think.

That link only opens up the main vinelink page for me. Not sure why? Using same DOB and offender ID, I get nada.
ETA: what vinelink version are you using?

Thanks tlcya. Mine won't open. Don't know why.

^ what's up with the pic of Cassie IN a doc office, sitting on a patient table? Supposed to show her build...

When I heard the house odor report, my first thought was meth.
But the FD didn't write it up as a cleanup that way, so I wondered. Usually FD's will respond with a hazmat crew. Does anyone recall if there was any hazmat response at the Compton residence after the fire call there? Did the FD or police notify any neighboring residences of a hazmat situation at a residence in the neighborhood?

Got4, the police response to the residence across the street yesterday- was that reported on scanner?

I wish I had a scanner these days! I witnessed. I was going S down 19th when I saw the helicopter looping overhead, so I turned N on Grand and saw it all as I passed by without stopping. One unmarked car near Comptons, two on street and one in the drive of the house across the street. (I do not think the unmarked car was city. Not what the two detectives normally drive, anyway.) Police were leading a male to marked car with his hands behind his back. (Not the right body type/hair for BR who is supposed to be in jail.) This was at dusk, just after 5 p.m. Grandparents (and their vehicle) had been in town through Monday afternoon. A tender moment was seeing the grandfather sitting out in the carport playing his guitar and singing.

The last time I saw any kind of haz-mat in-town was when a trackhoe fell into the basement of the burned down county courthouse records building in late September. Fuel from trackhoe spilled into the fire-fighters' water collected in the hole and had to be cleaned out by oil field company equipment . . . .

^ what's up with the pic of Cassie IN a doc office, sitting on a patient table? Supposed to show her build...

I might think this is unusual except for the fact that my 14 yr old daughter hates having full length pics taken of her. She is very fashion forward with a well defined sense of style and when I try to photograph her full length to capture her sense of style/wardrobe she balks every time. Cassie may be similar in that way. Face shots/selfies okay, full length photos not. KWIM

I know this is bordering on HIPPA issues, but I don't think the picture in the doctor's office is immediately recent as the hairstyle / clothing appears to be several months back. Since mother's phone was confiscated, where did picture come from at this late date? I also noticed the room is very plain, not quite like the ones as the main clinic associated with the local hospital. The clinic is about five years old with an interior design scheme. Walls are painted with light gold/camel/greens and several of the doctors have various decorating themes in their exam rooms i.e. kids, Razorback fans, ducks, antique medical stuff displays. When we've gotten shots at the Health Department, the rooms for shots had chairs instead of exam tables. It clicked that there is an older, independent doctor who has his own clinic within walking distance of the Compton's home catty-corner NW from Sonic block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches