AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I really wonder why we don't know what Cassie was wearing to the derby, or what she had on when she left TS house. Why hasn't that info been forthcoming if they are trying to be so helpful?

I'm inclined to most believe the accounting that I linked earlier, in which JC states she didn't hear Cassie or speak directly to Cassie.

As I ponder this and listen to JCs varied interviews, more and more I'm starting to get a hinky feeling about HS. In none does JC say Cassie made her presence known. It was assumed. LE is keeping this one close to the vest for some good reason, and I have a feeling we should widen our scope to include more players. And also, we might need to be quiet about it.

I used to think this but then remembered Cassie left stuff in her bedroom, so she did enter the house.

This whole BR thing is astonishing to me. Completely astonishing. It gives a whole other meaning to speedy trial. BR has been around the block some. I am trying to figure out what was so compelling about the states case against him on these trespassing charges that he would rather plead to the maximum than take his chances with a trial. *If* he plead guilty...this is just an assumption because of the speed with which this moved. I did a fair amount of reading on the trespassing statutes. AR has just about a built in defense regarding them-it seems far more likely he would have been advised to fight it.

ETA: I was looking at the theft of property charge and punishments. It seems possible that those charges were a class B or possibly an A misdemeanor. Looking at the charge and the subsequent fines etc. The criminal trespassing charge was clearly negligible. Whatever it was that he had in his possession or in his temporary possession seemed to draw the most punishment.

Wonder what that was? Did he take something from JC? Whatever it was, it was less than 2500.00 in value I think unless I am reading the statutes incorrectly.

^ but LE never verified <re Cassie leaving spend the night items back at her house> ...or much of anything really....there is so much he said, she said, he did, she did....considering no one has been ruled out.....so it is hard for me to take anyone's word for anything....and the missing report was, umm, pretty lame?? Spare on details?

yeah believe09 , it's perplexing that MSM wasn't on to that arrest of BR like white on rice, considering he was a resident in the home that a child is missing from

yeah believe09 , it's perplexing that MSM wasn't on to that arrest of BR like white on rice, considering he was a resident in the home that a child is missing from

Agreed sre-especially given the sound bites and statements he made. Seriously. What gives? The grieving "parent" (He seemed to be constantly characterized as such) is grabbed and charged with criminal trespassing and theft of property. Hot on the heels of coming under suspicion for this disappearance. He is locked up. And then 2-3 weeks later he gets close to the max...whats not to love about this story? Why hasnt it been covered? Why isnt SPD trumpeting this from the highest room in the tallest tower? Given the crime rate in that town, they should all be patting themselves for a job well done. And look at his fines vs the other fines on that day.

I would like to see if equivalent charges in other cases netted similar punishment, frankly.

Didnt someone have a twitter conversation with a reporter covering this case? I am going to dig this up, because perhaps that reporter would be interested in the Docket from 10/28/14 showing the disposition of BR.

I think the other thing that puzzles me is the strong belief by our locals that they would have known if he had been arraigned much less punished. And there was nothing. There has to be pillow talk-the lead detective is friends with almost all of the players on FB. There are strong opinions in the town that BR is the primary suspect.

Has anyone actually seen him in the jail?

Link Here

December 2: (from STM post)
I believe that if anyone saw him in court then that would be around town already. Could they do a video conference for the arraignment? Since Cassie is high profile around here, what if they didn't want him in the public eye?

This case is high profile for the town and there are (presumably) people who are employed at the court house. This should have been a public hearing. This is the US. There is transparency in our judicial system. They cant have done this in secret. So why didnt anyone know?

nobody who knew cared enough to discuss it with others?

I am throwing stuff at walls.

bigheart, that's great. Can you tell us what NamUs requested from you in order to assure verification of Cassie's status? TIA.

Yes, you have to give the investigators information. They then call and verify the information that is placed into their system. That's how it's verified.

I believe, based on what I have heard from JC's own lips, that Cassie did indeed make it home. I believe it is likely that on hearing Cassie come in, she called out to her "hey, babygirl" and Cassie either responded with something brief such as "Hey" or did not respond at all. I believe that JC does not know what happened to Cassie or where Cassie went but I also believe that BR being shown the door indicates that JC feels something wasn't right with how BR was behaving, either before and/or after Cassie "disappeared" which prompted her to make the FB "butthead" plea.

So that leaves BR front and center on my radar. Second is random stranger encountered on walk/cigarette run.

All of the above is simply my opinion based on what little concrete info we have and statements from Cassie's mother. Some or all of the above opinions are subject to change upon more info being revealed.

bighea330067 said:
Yes, you have to give the investigators information. They then call and verify the information that is placed into their system. That's how it's verified.

So...who was the investigator? The detective on Cassie's case? LE? They must have a license #?

Lets just take this a little further-I mean we have seen that there are problems here somewhere. This isnt a typical missing child case that is unfolding in a typical way regarding the investigation. Each case is different which I totally respect. But there is very little here to grab onto other than the word of the suspects in Cassie's disappearance or photos of Cassie.

That mole discovery may irk me for the rest of my life-:bow: to our sharp eyed sleuther who picked up on it.

If we accept that BR was arrested and arraigned in secret and then convicted or pled guilty in secret, how do we determine if he is actually in jail? *shrug* at this point I suppose the story in the Leader could be a massive bait but I cant imagine what for.

Locals, does anyone know whose property he was on when he was picked up for the trespassing?

Has anyone addressed this post on JC's FB page?

Link Here

I dont know that I think the two sets of writing are done by the same person. I wonder if there is anyone who can verify these notes against Cassie's handwriting and when it might have been written. :banghead: more questions.

Yes, the one working on her case.

So Mark Duke verified the information given? It is your understanding that you contacted NaMus, and they contacted Mr. Duke for verification?

Has anyone addressed this post on JC's FB page?

Link Here

I dont know that I think the two sets of writing are done by the same person. I wonder if there is anyone who can verify these notes against Cassie's handwriting and when it might have been written. :banghead: more questions.

I agree with you. I notice that there are some similarities in the handwriting, but some of the letters are completely different, such as the "y."

Thank you for your thoughts, Grilled Cheezy.

Now we have to ponder what the point would be of trying to foster the notion that they were both written by Cassie...if either of them were written by Cassie at all. Clearly it is an attempt to exonerate someone from something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95