AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought of something that might be helpful to not only Cassie, but other children as well who might be falling through some cracks in our 'Missing Children' world.
Did ya'll know that you can call or write in a concern about an already missing child, about possible abuse or neglect in the past? Even if you think it's after the fact, and the child is already missing?
For example, in Arkansas, it's:

Arkansas Dept. of Human Services
Division of Children and Family Services
PO Box 1437, slot 5566
Little Rock, Arkansas 72203-1437. Or you can call (501) 682-0405 and ask about making a report about a child you feel might be endangered.

Cassie is missing and endangered. Maybe if there are several requests...something might happen, eh? Let's make some noise, everyone! We are ALL mandated reporters, when it comes to a missing child. So anything you saw, or thought, or wondered about, or even just wonder about now in hindsight... Call or write it in. And if you find there is no record of your account? Say something.

Also, if you go through transparency.arkansas.gov. there are a lot of ways to find the sort of information that may pertain to cases like Cassie's. I encourage everyone to utilize.

Just letting you know Cassie has been verified with NamUs and she's now registered. It didn't take near as long as I had thought.

I am going to go comb through all MSM, from the start, that I can...I have some questions that I feel can only be answered from those resources. However, it would be appreciated if someone were able to confirm that, JC actually saw Cassie or heard her voice that Sun. evening. I'm pretty sure in everything I've read/watched to this point indicate JC never heard Cassie speak or saw her. I wonder if she heard her footsteps? I don't recall whether the house is on a slab or has a crawl space which could make a difference in hearing footsteps. We have a full finished basement, but on our main floor we have hardwoods. I know I can differentiate my family's footsteps. I'd think there would be a difference between Cassie's and a larger adult. So maybe that is how JC "knew" Cassie came home if she didn't hear/see her?

You raise an interesting question. I have never heard or read any reference anywhere that Cassie spoke to her mother on entering the home. JC stated she heard her come into the home and said "Hey babygirl" to Cassie. Nowhere have I read where it was confirmed if Cassie spoke back or otherwise acknowledged her mother calling out to her.

Also noteworthy that her mom did not hear Cassie leave the home. That is explicitly pointed out in several articles. So even if Cassie did send the getting cigarettes message it is entirely possible that she did just that and then returned to the home, and again JC did not hear her. Which brings me right back round to the adult male right there in the home. The "butthead" mom assured Cassie via social media plea was now gone from the home.

Just letting you know Cassie has been verified with NamUs and she's now registered. It didn't take near as long as I had thought.

That is good news! Thank you for all your hard work on Cassie's behalf. While I'm not family, as a person, I appreciate all your (and everyone's) effort on her behalf. It truly makes me feel grateful there are still people that care enough to go that "extra mile". :loveyou::tyou:

Gig, you know what I find fascinating about the whole FB friends thing? We've been lead to believe that BR is the 'local' POI.
TS came in immediately to explain her and her son's experience with Cassie (and some thoughts on Cassie's home/family life.)
Since HS is a minor, and has not spoken publically about Cassie (please, does anyone have any MSM on this?) and it has also been implied that TS has reacted to negative attention by becoming silent and protective of her son and family (totally understand...)

Why on earth would you not remove the locally alleged #1 POI in a possibly terrible crime, from your SM friends pages? If you're a local, and wishing to protect your friends and family from negative attention?

BBM -
I have been somewhat following the Jessica Chambers case. One of the major players (AA) mentioned in MSM the FBI told him not to alter his SM account (paraphrasing). Maybe that could be a reason why? Maybe it's also a way for the other person(s) to have access to that "friend" should there be new activity on that account? I don't put much stock in SM friends, especially of someone that is younger. The majority of the time, imo, that equates to popularity/status plus a person could have far more than one account. Although it would be silly to discount it entirely.

I know next to nothing about the "S's", so I can't say one way or another about anything they've done or didn't do..However, I do have a question...IF a minor were to become a POI does that allow WS's to sleuth them openly? That's just a point of curiosity for me. There are many reasons for silence from people in situations like these I suppose; until we know more facts we're only left with supposition.

Honestly the FB accounts and the relationships between presumed victim, suspects and local POI's and witnesses and LE...There will certainly be a long line of people dragged into court should Cassie's case ever make it to trial...dragged in on both sides. How does anyone know who the good guys are, to be frank?

Cassie honey, people are looking for you and hoping for you and praying. If you are able, you can call yourself in and let people know you are OK.

You raise an interesting question. I have never heard or read any reference anywhere that Cassie spoke to her mother on entering the home. JC stated she heard her come into the home and said "Hey babygirl" to Cassie. Nowhere have I read where it was confirmed if Cassie spoke back or otherwise acknowledged her mother calling out to her.

Also noteworthy that her mom did not hear Cassie leave the home. That is explicitly pointed out in several articles. So even if Cassie did send the getting cigarettes message it is entirely possible that she did just that and then returned to the home, and again JC did not hear her. Which brings me right back round to the adult male right there in the home. The "butthead" mom assured Cassie via social media plea was now gone from the home.

So far I've found MSM stories that have said things like, "spoke briefly", "briefly spoke", or "barely spoke" (one cited below). However, there is nothing definitive that I've found thus far detailing that spoken interaction. Is it because there wasn't one or because it just hasn't/won't be disclosed? I guess I will forever be a "doubting Thomas" unless there is more validity lent to the fact someone in that house laid eyes on Cassie or heard her voice.

http://www.katv.com/story/27331290/cassie-comptons-mother-opens-up-about-past

Where are you Cassie please call or check in for the holidays!
ca6e1c79526aba81cc7f8204ef3bb63c.jpg

I'm inclined to most believe the accounting that I linked earlier, in which JC states she didn't hear Cassie or speak directly to Cassie.

As I ponder this and listen to JCs varied interviews, more and more I'm starting to get a hinky feeling about HS. In none does JC say Cassie made her presence known. It was assumed. LE is keeping this one close to the vest for some good reason, and I have a feeling we should widen our scope to include more players. And also, we might need to be quiet about it.

The Compton house has a crawl space. (I believe it is actually a small house relocated from the old airbase and sits on cinder blocks/pylons). We do not have basements in this area at all because of the soil characteristics. Homes on concrete slab were built starting in about 1965 (like my grandparents' home in town). In this area, the elevated homes, like my own, are supposed to be 18 inches off the ground if they are built to code, to access plumbing that runs underneath and for termite inspections. If they are built too close to the ground, moisture and warping wooden floor joists are a problem. In the summer, vents are open in the exterior of the foundation (if bricked or skirt-wrapped) to release moisture and closed in the winter to protect plumbing.

TY, got4. Did you pull the specs on the house or have you been inside? I am trying to nail down source info for the proposed timeline that attributes information.

Brandon Rhodes, 24, received a $1,675 fine and a 30-day jail sentence on a 2014 theft of property charge.
Brandon Rhodes, 24, received a $1,500 fine and a 60-day jail sentence on a 2014 theft of property charge.
Brandon Rhodes, 24, received a $420 fine and a 10-day jail sentence on a 2014 criminal trespassing charge.

Read more: http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/article/20141217/News/141219685#ixzz3MDQ7Ow8T

I wonder if they are served concurrent or consecutive? Does it include time served? I can't for the life of me find his arrest date.

I want to bump this-this is a FOIA request that could get us some really valuable information. I am trying to figure out how BR was arrested, arraigned, tried-convicted-pled guilty all under the radar. Who was his attorney? Who was the judge? Did he allocute to the offense if he took plea deals for the three? He must have pled guilty because I cant imagine being arrested, tried and convicted in about 2-3 weeks. We would know all of the details of this crime, the arrest date, his location etc. And I am also astounded at the magnitude of the sentence given the crime which is a misdemeanor, right?

Just circling back some-our locals indicated iirc that the people in town would have heard about this at the time...it would have at least been in the wind even if all of the details werent known. Was everyone surprised to read this in the Stuttgart Daily? What is the chatter on the ground now? People must have something to say about this.

So far I've found MSM stories that have said things like, "spoke briefly", "briefly spoke", or "barely spoke" (one cited below). However, there is nothing definitive that I've found thus far detailing that spoken interaction. Is it because there wasn't one or because it just hasn't/won't be disclosed? I guess I will forever be a "doubting Thomas" unless there is more validity lent to the fact someone in that house laid eyes on Cassie or heard her voice.

http://www.katv.com/story/27331290/cassie-comptons-mother-opens-up-about-past

My bad, I should clarify

Because I trust so little in this case and so much misinformation has been out there initially I am only taking what I can hear from mom's mouth or read from her that is a direct quote from her. Some initial coverage did report the briefly spoke but mom's direct quotes don't get me there for this item.

ETA I should also note I am disturbed that JC's end of the text exchange with Cassie shortly before she was dropped at the home has been published but for some reason Cassie's has not. That seems strange to me. Publish none or publish all.

I agree tlcya. When being open minded and listening closely, at no time does she say she actually saw or heard Cassie.

The 6:03 pm text "be home in a bit" from Cassie might not have been Cassie. Obviously, it's awfully convenient that Cassie texted HS directly after he arrived home that she was heading out for cigs. Did he stay home all night or leave his house again? Did the text come from Cassie?. Was the phone number pings and info consistent with Cassie being in 15th street? hmmmmm

I agree that it would be good to know if HS went out to try and find Cassie after BR's phone calls. It would have been a natural thing to do and something I am sure TS would have supported, right?

I have been away for some time and I appreciate all the work being done here to keep Cassie front and center-did anyone locate the source of the new clothing information on the latest posters?

bigheart, that's great. Can you tell us what NamUs requested from you in order to assure verification of Cassie's status? TIA.

I have been away for some time and I appreciate all the work being done here to keep Cassie front and center-did anyone locate the source of the new clothing information on the latest posters?

I haven't found any source, other than TES having their name on the poster with specific details about Cassie's last known description. And rumors. Maybe someone else has had better luck.

BBM -
I have been somewhat following the Jessica Chambers case. One of the major players (AA) mentioned in MSM the FBI told him not to alter his SM account (paraphrasing). Maybe that could be a reason why? Maybe it's also a way for the other person(s) to have access to that "friend" should there be new activity on that account? I don't put much stock in SM friends, especially of someone that is younger. The majority of the time, imo, that equates to popularity/status plus a person could have far more than one account. Although it would be silly to discount it entirely.

Supposition entirely. And I agree- SM media statuses can have many meanings.

But it seems unlikely to me that in a case such as Cassie's -where, for example, her SM accounts have been compromised by multiple civilians since her disappearance, LE has allegedly engaged multiple civilians in surveillance of POI(s), LE and civilians have failed to provide prompt detailed info about Cassie herself, that it would be a lot to expect that this is all a very sophisticated attempt to control info about the case?

jmvhoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members