AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“I believe she would come back if she knew he was not in the picture,” Judy said.

Judy says Brandon was controlling. He was the first to pick up her phone when it would ring and he interrupted her conversations with authorities.

“There was one time I just turned to him and said ‘can I finish,” said Judy as she grew frustrated talking about him.

http://www.katv.com/story/27331290/cassie-comptons-mother-opens-up-about-past

So FOX16 is checked, someone is on KATV, I am going to KTHV. I am visualizing JC making comment . . . not something I read.

lol....well I didn't hear it and sat thru 10 difficult minutes

Now that presumed remark by BR re traffic flow on Lone Tree...
not knowing the when, why or how such comment came up in a conversation, I dunno what to think. Was this comment 6 months before Cassie went missing? A month, the week before, the day before?? Not knowing the context of the conversation with such a remark is difficult for me to give thought on. Could it have been an innocuous comment, like bet there isn't much traffic or noise out here, the residents aren't very rowdy.... ? playing devils advocate a bit here with this

and as far as 'clearing brush'....imho less something is disturbed the better, until directly focused on with a distinct purpose in mind....that is only my thought

okay, since I am getting a lot of media in one spot I think I will transfer it to a media only thread. Do we have one yet for Cassie or does one need made?

ETA imamaze has one started so I will move what I can over there so as not to clutter the discussion thread.

saucy, there don't seem to be a lot of rumors/gossip floating around out there that I can find...nothing workable for me....it is so quiet on this case
huh maybe there needs to be some pot stirring to get le speaking, if that is so 'important' to them

Oh, while we may not hear it directly here, I can promise you there are rumors and gossip. Look at how it's gone here on WS and other social media. When there are little to no cold hard facts, it's natural for people draw their own conclusions, conjecture, and possible scenarios. That's all any of us have had to go on. Which is FINE by me as long as there are sincere efforts being made to find Cassie. I'd never want to compromise anything that may hinder that process. I don't want to incite or "stir the pot", because I feel that would detract from the reason we're all here. Instead of focusing on Cassie's case or working with the public - LE may busy themselves finding ways to justify their behavior. However, media has stated the police have no leads. Besides ONE search on ONE day involving/being led by law enforcement there have been no outward signs of progress on their part. Including releasing information that could be useful to the public in helping to locate Cassie. It's like everything just stopped and any progress that has been made has been done by non-law enforcement (e.g., posters/flyers, media, social media, MPO, etc.). It just doesn't make sense to me how they could want to do the following in one case but don't deem it necessary in Cassie's case:

“I called this (press conference) today to set the record straight on exactly how this investigation happened and what steps were carried through.”

http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/article/20140728/NEWS/140729687/10056/NEWS?template=printart

This was stated by SPD Assistant Chief Steven Bobo in relation to the local shooting that occurred a little while before Cassie went missing. So we all know they're capable and were willing to give a little insight into that case. Are they just not wanting to draw attention to their possible mishandling of the case? The following maxim/adage comes to mind.

“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt.”

I don't know what the answer is here. The only thing I do know is we're all left with more questions, frustration, and helplessness each time light is shed in regards to Cassie. Other than Cassie and Mr. Gibbs being found safe, I can hope that these events also affect some type of change in the way these types of cases are handled. This is all just my opinion, and may not amount to a hill of beans. I hope this doesn't come across as counterproductive, that isn't my intent. I'm just trying to understand.

sorry saucy...i was being a tad sarcastic with the pot stirring

sorry saucy...i was being a tad sarcastic with the pot stirring

Sadly, I get the sarcasm all too well. I think we may all be feeling like doing whatever necessary to initiate a response in such a seemingly apathetic "active" investigation. While I can't speak for everyone here, the more time I spend here regarding this case, it's difficult NOT to be sarcastic and a bit jaded in my feelings toward how it's all being handled, kwim?

anyone know if the city/county or state has mapping of the water/sewer systems? I am having a time locating, not finding such on Geostor...is there another GIS, or have I just not looked enough

just for my own curiosity if nothing, but was a particular street mentioned in reference to where BR supposedly was trespassing/squatting at??
And was a specific date ever alluded to any where as to when he 'left' the JC's house on 15th? (eta- 15th STREET not the date)

sorry I am all over the place today....I noticed that if one walked north on the alley that runs beside Cassie's house, one could come out on 2nd at Daylite Donuts( which interestingly is a place she like on her FB)
I believe the alley runs all the way thru to there.
Is it possible that went Cassie would leave her house to walk, she may have taken the alley, and no one would have really noted her walking as much as they would on a sidewalk/street?
And I did note that here-
34.500936, -91.550973
is Riceland parking? And there is picnic tables? Is Riceland 24/7 shift work, there at those elevators across from that parking? Would there be anyone parking there on a Sunday evening around 7:15 +/- ish?

not that I have ever seen sre :(

sorry I am all over the place today....I noticed that if one walked north on the alley that runs beside Cassie's house, one could come out on 2nd at Daylite Donuts( which interestingly is a place she like on her FB)
I believe the alley runs all the way thru to there.
Is it possible that went Cassie would leave her house to walk, she may have taken the alley, and no one would have really noted her walking as much as they would on a sidewalk/street?
And I did note that here-
34.500936, -91.550973
is Riceland parking? And there is picnic tables? Is Riceland 24/7 shift work, there at those elevators across from that parking? Would there be anyone parking there on a Sunday evening around 7:15 +/- ish?

Quick reply about donut shops. The one on 2nd street (Daylight Donuts) is pretty far from her house and opposite of where she would walk to go bowling. I know she frequented (and FB liked) the Donut Palace (on the way to bowling) as the couple who ran this shop were among the first people handing out the first version of color flyers at downtown businesses sharing that they knew her. Their shop on Buerkle Street has closed now.

About the Riceland parking . . . Riceland has multiple buildings, multiple places all over town. Corporate offices are at 22nd and Park -- far from mills themselves. The soybean plant is separate from rice plant. The plant specifically where you marked coordinates is the Central Maintenance office (former Thorell Bldg.) where people like the pipefitters, welders, etc. get dispatched out for repair calls. They park on a gravel lot where the H.R. Rich house was torn down, then they ride the Gators (or other small utility carts) to various locations to fix things. The picnic tables are used for breaks, and I bet there is no smoking in the central maintenance building because of chemicals and pressurized tanks.

To walk that far down the alley to 2nd St. would put her in the middle of the Sonic drive-through and in the courthouse parking lot.<mod snip>

Yikes!! MY bad! it was Donut Palace on her FB not that Daylight Donut...had a hoile in my head...ignore that comment!

Not the alley behind Sonic- the alley between College & Grand, next block east

So do they do maintenance on sunday evenings?

It's barely a mile to 2nd going the alley...is that considered far?? Wasn't the Dollar General mentioned as a place to buy smokes, it is just a smidge further...I would think a mile in 30 minutes on level ground...

but then I was really wondering about her possibly being intercepted along the/an alley....

Yikes!! MY bad! it was Donut Palace on her FB not that Daylight Donut...had a hoile in my head...ignore that comment!

Not the alley behind Sonic- the alley between College & Grand, next block east

So do they do maintenance on sunday evenings?

It's barely a mile to 2nd going the alley...is that considered far?? Wasn't the Dollar General mentioned as a place to buy smokes, it is just a smidge further...I would think a mile in 30 minutes on level ground...

but then I was really wondering about her possibly being intercepted along the/an alley....

Well, there is one more Shipley's Donuts on Main that could get us more confused. And I was thinking of the alley between Main and College. My alley has regular traffic by garbage trucks dumping green commercial dumpsters on Monday mornings. Your alley between College and Grand is residential and would have much less vehicular traffic as trash is curbside there.

I don't shop at the dollar stores, so it is a little hard for me to keep them straight by name. But the dollar store closest to Cassie's is at 19th and Main rebuilt after that lot was completely leveled in 2008 tornado. But when you say "further" are you considering the dollar store on the north end of town? She would literally have to go around the mills to the north of her home as their gates are locked a 6 p.m. with only an east gate off Park Ave. open for 24/7 access to both Riceland and Producers rice mills. A full security fence went up after 9/11 because the mills were considered a terrorism target.

And walking to that dollar store on Michigan takes her through the heart of the black neighborhoods and their churches ending their evening services.

Re: maintenance office on Sunday night. I bet there is a reduced staff on nights and weekends. The mills only close down for three major holidays a year. Machinery that massive can't start and stop without a lot of waste or risk of damage.

what are these round concrete things with a metal lid looking thing on top?
34.493612, -91.531619
slap that coord on google map and take Mr Yellow man down to the ground...what's that thing? Where all are they?

And while over that way, what is all this back in there and those woods around those antennas? Back down this road?
34.497315, -91.540243 and 34.496602, -91.529570

whoa, wait a minute- they empty commercial dumpsters in DOWNTOWN on Mondays??? Oh chit, really? where do they take 'em, transfer station or straight to the dump where ever commercial goes?

what are these round concrete things with a metal lid looking thing on top?
34.493612, -91.531619
slap that coord on google map and take Mr Yellow man down to the ground...what's that thing? Where all are they?

And while over that way, what is all this back in there and those woods around those antennas? Back down this road?
34.497315, -91.540243 and 34.496602, -91.529570

First set of coordinates put me right at the Hickory Square Apartments (public housing), but I didn't spot your concrete circles with lids. But I bet those are storm shelters, maybe put in after our 2008 tornado for the residents of the apartments. It is really hard to dig below 2 feet without hitting clay, so the shelters are usually submerged half and above ground half with a round spinning vent on top and a slide-lock metal door. Sticking up above-ground like that keeps water out, too.

Second set of coordinates is the main city park with playground equipment, picnic pavillions and pool. There is a large water tower on the property, and I think an emergency siren. The ground is well-kept without overgrowth like the (creepy) wooded parts down by Ponders and R&W Manufacturing (Grand and Leslie).

Third set of coordinates again is Hickory Square Apartments. I can't remember ever being inside one of those apartments which I think were built in the 1970s. I found it a little eerie how few vehicles there were parked in the Google street view for the number of units on-site. Back when I was at the paper in the early 1990s, police calls out there for drugs or domestic disturbances often involved people fleeing into the woods, especially at night. It was predominantly black at that time, I can't tell by this more current picture. Seems to have lots of vacancies. I see a date stamp of 2007. I wonder if there have been some overhauls if the buildings were "exhausted' about that time. They could be remodeled and re-rented by now.

whoa, wait a minute- they empty commercial dumpsters in DOWNTOWN on Mondays??? Oh chit, really? where do they take 'em, transfer station or straight to the dump where ever commercial goes?

Yes, the building owner for our store does not like for us to put anything in the dumpsters that might tempt people to go digging for discarded clothes or any kind of financial paperwork. So our instructions are to keep boxes and bags at the back of the building, unless food trash, until just before the Monday trash run. There is a truck that hooks a chain on the edge of dumpster, rolls it up against end of truck, which then compresses what falls. The guy hooking the chain literally sees inside the bin before signalling driver to tip it in. I bet the truck holds at least 15 downtown bins before making a run to the landfill by the airport.

just for my own curiosity if nothing, but was a particular street mentioned in reference to where BR supposedly was trespassing/squatting at??
And was a specific date ever alluded to any where as to when he 'left' the JC's house on 15th? (eta- 15th STREET not the date)

I am not sure of the specific date when he left JC's house but when we were gathered for the October 18 search there were a few men talking about how LE didn't know where he was and hadn't known for 3-4 days.

According to the running timeline that was created in thread #2:
10/15 - 7:12a JC posts that butthead is gone

So it would make sense that he moved out the evening of 10/14 or early morning of 10/15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95