AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped*
As far as getting the local residents to put more pressure on the police force, I think it will need to be a national news story that causes embarrassment for the town to the point of hurting tourism. I don't like this idea; but I know the social dynamics. We certainly aren't seeing the traffic of FBI or ASP like we used to.
They should be shamed. And you know, strictly from the standpoint of a reporter trying to make a name for themselves, this could be such a huge career building story. It has so much controversy, so many complex elements, so many directions it could go. This could be its own Dateline series. It could be weeks of 1 hour segments in to the lives of Cassie herself, and then each and every person in her life that might be associated with her disappearance. I can imagine 2 or 3 whole one hour segments on APD, just highlighting their scandals while building up to their relationship to this case. I mean, that's a whole season of information that could be out there. In the spirit of career building, that's gold. Possibly dangerous though.

At the same time, our sweet Cassie might be found.

Finding Cassie Compton posting from Lori Crawford --

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Cassie-Compton/1531296123751004?fref=nf

Just wanted to say cassie was well represented today at destination imagination state competition in pine bluff. The 5th 6th grade team at meekins middle school led by shawna wilson performed their skit on missing children amd what parents can do. They made it personal by talking about cassie and using her info amd oictures on their display. It was pretty amazing. I will try to post video of the ending.

My note is these kids are several grades younger than Cassie, but Ms. Wilson (the Gifted and Talented teacher) has a tender-hearted daughter that is Cassie's age and knew her. This idea and concept development is worth television news coverage.

Finding Cassie Compton posting from Lori Crawford --

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Cassie-Compton/1531296123751004?fref=nf

Just wanted to say cassie was well represented today at destination imagination state competition in pine bluff. The 5th 6th grade team at meekins middle school led by shawna wilson performed their skit on missing children amd what parents can do. They made it personal by talking about cassie and using her info amd oictures on their display. It was pretty amazing. I will try to post video of the ending.

My note is these kids are several grades younger than Cassie, but Ms. Wilson (the Gifted and Talented teacher) has a tender-hearted daughter that is Cassie's age and knew her. This idea and concept development is worth television news coverage.

Out of the mouths (hearts) of babes....that is just amazing. Good for them to try to show the adults the way! :)

I just got a response from a reporter. "Balloon releases moved to next weekend her mother tells me. Do you know Cassie or something?" How should I interpret that? I don't even know what to say.

I responded saying that I am a missing persons advocate & think that Cassie deserves the media to look further into the case. That so much is being ignored. I said that I understand media gets busy but putting her on the back burner for 6 mths & not questioning the inconsistencies is odd. She asked me to DM her my phone #. Let's see if she calls.

Inconsistencies to highlight? Guess I will start a list.

Ok so not an inconsistency list but just a list of the bigger questions. I guess I am figuring that maybe if I point out the larger questions I can get her attention for the smaller ones too? Thoughts, additions?

Not one photo has been seen from the Derby or a witness heard from- was she ever proven to be there?

Brandon was said to call TS 3 times the night Cassie went missing. TS was upset because HS stated he was there when Cassie went home. What really happened, did he see her that night? Did he go to LE that night to report her missing?

Brandon has only been talked to once. He has been arrested now 2x. Possibly unrelated, possibly not. What does he have to say for himself? About being called a suspect? About the letter from JC telling him to "stay away"?

With that said -How does anyone know for SURE that Cassie ever came home?

Why is there little to no detail in the Missing Persons report? Nothing states that anyone actually saw Cassie come home.

Who took down Cassie's FB page? LE or one of the many that have her FB password?

Does LE still consider JC & BR suspects? Are there leads still coming in on the case? Are the State Police & FBI still helping? 6 months later what do they have to say now?

Starting points.... I think two HUGE flags you mentioned are:
1) the 3 calls to TS, and TS publicly accusing BR of being outside
2) LE confirming or denying BR went to the police station

I also think the phone ping circumstances need to be vetted, and we need to know if phone records were ever requested.

We need to hear from BR, and LE.

I see no harm in MSM raising new questions to get people talking. I want EVERYONE to be looking over there shoulders if they have something to hide. And if not, they'll come out and speak up to clear themselves. In theory.

JMO but the media wants sound bite and spin, I think. A list of inconsistencies and bigger picture questions might scare away a reporter who wants to fill some space, which is what I think we are seeing. Reporters who want to fill some space I mean. TBH. Clearly they have contact with Miss Judy. I guess if the reporter can share a little bit, does JC seem to want more attention for her daughter's disappearance?

It seems like everybody is compartmentalized. Is everyone working together or not at this point? I wonder if that scares reporters as well. We are very focused on Cassie, but if you step away what kind of story is here and has anything changed since the story broke and the public searches failed?

To me the change is the arrests of BR. Now if LE is telling the media that his brushes are unrelated to Cassie's disappearance, I can see why they are recycling what they have.

I am glad to hear that there are posters got4-when I spoke to a non local I know who was in the area a few weeks ago, I asked them and they indicated there were very few.

We need JVM to land JC for a follow up, I think. Wouldnt that be something? I am willing to bet that there would be some differences from what TS shared vs what JC would share.

JVM is no longer on the air I don't think? I thought her show was taken off.

Report to call any time now. I think I will just use this information to have a real life discussion with her. Tell her what I do & why, explain to her the importance of her piece in the puzzle. Highlight what parts she could cover wo making things to confusing or overly confusing. But honestly I have never had this issue with any media outlet before. I have only had the issue where I need to be careful what I am saying because EVERY WORD is released.

We were in the Little Rock, Dewitt and multiple surrounding areas several weeks back. I recall seeing two posters in Dewitt, but not a heavy representation. Sadly, not uncommon reaching this time frame when it comes to missing persons. :(

Btw, believe09 fantastic suggestion re: JVM and a follow up...and combined with a full on transparent investigation into the local response as per got4s thoughts?
How incredible might that be.

I truly do not understand why national media has not grabbed ahold of Cassie's case.

Caring4, just wanted to say thank you. Your dedication to the missing is beyond admirable. I know how frustrating it can be.
Keep up the amazing good work. (Even when you want to throw your phone/computer/device through a wall lol.)

Thank you.

Thanks Oriah! Right back at you and many of those that aren't just sitting behind their PCs as many misunderstand us to be. :)

Ugh so no JVM follow up. I wonder who would be interested in the story of a little girl who had everything stacked against her from the day she was born and disappeared one night with little to no fanfare and an ever changing timeline plus no definitive description?

Wish LE would clear up who is a suspect and who isnt. Like if no one has been cleared, is HS a suspect? Just for illustration purposes.

Believe- IMO I would HOPE that everyone would be! Ya know??? I am still waiting for the call....she said 1:30-2pm AR time. I am hoping she is just delayed. {fingers crossed}

I am right with you, in the least I wish that LE would make a statement that they can't speak on the issue or that they are working leads coming in & don't wish to comment... even a lame comment is a comment at this point.

6pm EST right now so 5pm in Stuttgart. Still no call. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, kinda wondering if I shouldn't just package up a write up & email it to every station & paper. Seems like at least then I'd know our side was voiced...

:(

That's all I can say.

Agreed GigTu. It's 9:30est & short of some crazy story what other excuse is there?

*Sigh* Disinterest...

Actually Caring4, that is incredibly unprofessional. :hug: Thank you for being patient and being willing to have a voice. Let's face it, many of us are experienced in outreach and I have pitched to Dateline, Discovery ID and many other larger national carriers and received the courtesy of a follow up at the time stated or a request for a postponement but in advance of the agreed time.

So, really? SMH.

got4 did you find out why BR was picked up? I am puzzled as to the lack of transparency regarding it. I am starting to wonder if BR should call the American Civil Liberties Union.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImaKing412