AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont mind telling you all that my heart stopped for a moment when I read that human remains were found in DeWitt.

Mine, too. And the relief to read it wasn't a young female. Obviously I feel for any family who lost a loved one, but ...

o/t on topic:

Big sweep of DeWitt and Stuttgart with multiple arrests: LINK HERE

Multi jurisdictional task force sweeping through the area-I can tell you that never happens in the town I live in which is just over 9000 people. I guess we have some external confirmation of some serious drug activity in the area.

Additionally:

Daily Leader ‏@Stuttgart_DL 1h1 hour ago
Human remains have been found in #DeWittAR, according to ASP. The body, a male, has been sent to the state crime lab.

"appears" to be a male. Is there something defining? Im not familiar with skeletal remains. Probably a dumb question..

Gig, I think you are referring to Brummitt for a spend the night

I think BR has had some older tie to Humphrey re family in late 80's
Hmmmm I'm not sure now why I thought it was the H town for the sleepover. I read it somewhere. Is it possible BOTH have ties to H town?

"appears" to be a male. Is there something defining? Im not familiar with skeletal remains. Probably a dumb question..

Primarily the pelvis area. Women's pelvic bones are more open, wider and have a number of other differences for childbirth. Before and during puberty, male and female skeletons are much harder to tell apart. I'm assuming, however, they wouldn't have thought a small skeleton "appeared" male instead of being a young female.

Sorry if this has been addressed recently, but has the whole "but they told us to wait 24 hours" or whatever thing been officially debunked by LE or in any articles? It's always bugged me so much. Obviously it's a common misconception, but it's a blatant lie to claim LE said that, right?

You'd be surprised. I've said here before & I'll say it again. This happens with LE A LOT! I've had it happen in the closest city to me & in a small town. I've worked with a few local families and had to go with them physically to the police dept to help them file a report. They were both told it wasn't 48hrs. One was told that a 2nd time while I was there. I asked for documentation of this "48hr" rule & told the officer I meant no disrespect but there was no rule & I wanted a report that instant. They left the room & returned with a clipboard. In the city I simply asked for their superior. But it does happen everyday & ppl don't realize there is no timeframe & to push back.
Problem here is combined with SPDs lack of reports who knows if TS or BR contacted them. We may never really know. You think they'd admit that lack of information now? I doubt it.
Poor Cassie there's just so much to work against to swing things in her favor.

must be the spring air getting to me, but I wondered tonight if there is a 'Eddie Haskell' or two or three or...in that town...kwim??
think about it
he was sooo nice

I know the name and show but never saw it, and don't actually know the personality of EH so the reference is lost in me. =/

Can anyone remind me of the source of the information that BR was well known to SPD? I know we have discussed the possibility if he was brushed aside by SPD because they knew him as "fill in the blank." Why would he stand out to SPD at all?

Can anyone remind me of the source of the information that BR was well known to SPD? I know we have discussed the possibility if he was brushed aside by SPD because they knew him as "fill in the blank." Why would he stand out to SPD at all?

I thought it was a VI back in the beginning. I want to say STM, but could be wrong on that. I'll have to go look.

I think nailing that down is important to trying to figure out the liklihood that anyone was actually given a 72 hour requirement.

I would also like to know what other incidents happened around town between 9/14 and 9/15. You know, disturbing the peace calls, oui's, robbery, assault etc.

o/t on topic:

Big sweep of DeWitt and Stuttgart with multiple arrests: LINK HERE

Multi jurisdictional task force sweeping through the area-I can tell you that never happens in the town I live in which is just over 9000 people. I guess we have some external confirmation of some serious drug activity in the area.

Additionally:

Daily Leader ‏@Stuttgart_DL 1h1 hour ago
Human remains have been found in #DeWittAR, according to ASP. The body, a male, has been sent to the state crime lab.

Bumping my own post-a quote from the SDL link:

“The warrants were evenly divided between Stuttgart and DeWitt,” he said. “They got everybody in DeWitt, but there are some still in Stuttgart left to serve and we obviously won’t release their names.”​
Stuttgart Police Chief Keith Connell said, “It was a good day, it was fairly successful.”​

Hmmmm.

So I am starting back at the beginning, at least in my mind. If we can determine that BR was well known to SPD and that it was possible they brushed him aside, what changed the equation when JC called the next day?

If we use the TS/BR timeline, BR calls TS frantically and pedals to SPD after 9PM. He is brushed aside, JC wakes up Monday morning and realizes Cassie still isnt in her bed so calls SPD.

What if there was something like an arson fire that happened after BR was allegedly turned away? What if there was an incident the night Cassie was last seen or in the early morning hours of 9/15 that made SPD say "Hmmm-I wonder if her disappearance is related to this."

When going back through to find the info that Believe was looking for, something caught me. I found this in one of STM's posts, snipped to save space.

IF HS normally would drop Cassie off in the alley behind her house, why this time did he let her off at the driveway? Do we know for sure this was how it was done? STM does say she was "told" so she didn't see it herself. Was this how she was picked up? I doubt a friend of TS would pick her up that way. But IMO it could be how she was dropped off and TS just didn't know the difference, right? That did make me think though that it is a lot easier to drop someone's things in their home without being noticed if you sneak in the back door not up the driveway and them never exiting the vehicle (car, truck, SUV, your choice). Or them running in, grabbing something and running back out again. This just conjured up a lot more questions in my mind. Anyone else?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-14-September-2014-2&p=11193084#post11193084

(Thread#2 Post #296)

Snipped by me "I was told that HS usually pulls up in the alley beside her house to pick her up or drop her off which doesn't really seem like he wants to stay and chat, but I wonder if he ever did."

Snipped by me from JVM Transcript-

"SNYDER: Cassie`s mom boyfriend actually saw Cassie get out of his truck, walk up the driveway. She did not speak to the mom`s boyfriend at all when

she was walking up the driveway and she went into the house. So I brought that up to him and told him that he seen him get out of my son`s -- seen

Cassie get out of my son`s vehicle, so he knew she was no longer with him or with us."
(Only a portion of the statement)

If you're going to start back at the beginning, maybe this is a good place to start. This is where the wheels started to fall off.

When going back through to find the info that Believe was looking for, something caught me. I found this in one of STM's posts, snipped to save space.

IF HS normally would drop Cassie off in the alley behind her house, why this time did he let her off at the driveway? Do we know for sure this was how it was done? STM does say she was "told" so she didn't see it herself. Was this how she was picked up? I doubt a friend of TS would pick her up that way. But IMO it could be how she was dropped off and TS just didn't know the difference, right? That did make me think though that it is a lot easier to drop someone's things in their home without being noticed if you sneak in the back door not up the driveway and them never exiting the vehicle (car, truck, SUV, your choice). Or them running in, grabbing something and running back out again. This just conjured up a lot more questions in my mind. Anyone else?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-14-September-2014-2&p=11193084#post11193084

(Thread#2 Post #296)

Snipped by me "I was told that HS usually pulls up in the alley beside her house to pick her up or drop her off which doesn't really seem like he wants to stay and chat, but I wonder if he ever did."

Snipped by me from JVM Transcript-

"SNYDER: Cassie`s mom boyfriend actually saw Cassie get out of his truck, walk up the driveway. She did not speak to the mom`s boyfriend at all when

she was walking up the driveway and she went into the house. So I brought that up to him and told him that he seen him get out of my son`s -- seen

Cassie get out of my son`s vehicle, so he knew she was no longer with him or with us."
(Only a portion of the statement)
It's these types of discrepancies that also give me pause from the HS camp.

How about post #110 from thread #1... I actually want to know where BR was from 6-7 that night as well, and then from 7-9. Something in my guts doubts he was even home when Cassie was supposedly dropped off.

I would like to know what HS did after he received the flurry of phone calls. Did he txt her, call her, go out looking for her? Call mutual friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010