AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's been a long time since I have ventured onto Cassie's thread. I was in central AR for about two months last year. The anniversary of the day she went missing fell during the time I was there. I remember scanning the faces of every young girl that I passed in stores or restaurants. Paying extra attention to the news around that time. Checking bulletin boards and publicly posted fliers....hoping...hoping that the words FOUND or FOUND SAFE would be plastered across the majority of the page in big bold print.

Sadly, I never saw the face in the masses, not much in the way of media coverage, the posters/fliers became fewer, and worst of all - none of them contained the words we all so desperately hope to read. Cassie, I hope you see this or even your loved ones see this post and take some comfort in knowing, you are not and never will be forgotten.

Every time I light a candle, turn on a porch light, or place a special purple ornament on our tree - I think of you and your family. So while my posts on this thread may be fewer over time, the thoughts are not. Get home safe and soon, Cassie. People love and miss you! :please:

It's been a long time since I have ventured onto Cassie's thread. I was in central AR for about two months last year. The anniversary of the day she went missing fell during the time I was there. I remember scanning the faces of every young girl that I passed in stores or restaurants. Paying extra attention to the news around that time. Checking bulletin boards and publicly posted fliers....hoping...hoping that the words FOUND or FOUND SAFE would be plastered across the majority of the page in big bold print.

Sadly, I never saw the face in the masses, not much in the way of media coverage, the posters/fliers became fewer, and worst of all - none of them contained the words we all so desperately hope to read. Cassie, I hope you see this or even your loved ones see this post and take some comfort in knowing, you are not and never will be forgotten.

I'm not sure what is happening in the case or if the LE are still working on it etc but it's sad that there isn't much coverage about her case in the local media outlets. Worse, there have been bones found (remember the ones they found behind the restaurant) and they never ever followed it and we still don't know whose bones was it so I guess the main problem is the media out there but luckily we will receive some news about the case very soon.

A new FB profile for CKC has emerged in past 48 hours. Interestingly, it uses a profile picture (from at least 5 years ago) that has not been circulated. Odd selection of 18 friends -- a random mix of Oklahoma and Arkansas people including JC. Very strange for those to accept friend requests from new account and not react loudly. Probably a fake account, but at least someone is thinking about her . . . .
The last two days, when I log in on FB, this Cassie friend suggestion is popping up again. I was hoping LE or her Mom had maybe looked into it? What can we do ..for some reason, this is very disturbing to me.
ETA ..as I was posting this, there was me and 1 guest on here, somebody paying attention and we can hope it's for the good.

https://www.neverforgotten.ar.gov/

Oh, joy. Lots of hoopla today on the news that the attorney general (LR -- not a fan of hers) has activated a central registry for the 510 missing people in Arkansas. Of course, I type in Stuttgart to see Cassie and Miranda's listings. Then I see there is another missing teenager, same age as Cassie, that has been missing since February . . . according to this site. Again, this is another former student. The name is spelled wrong and no one bothered to even pull her picture from the high school yearbook. She is not in NAMUS. Even if she is considered a runaway or difficult to manage teen, how is anyone supposed to keep and eye out for her with no local publicity? (I needed to vent, and here is my forum!)

https://www.neverforgotten.ar.gov/

Oh, joy. Lots of hoopla today on the news that the attorney general (LR -- not a fan of hers) has activated a central registry for the 510 missing people in Arkansas. Of course, I type in Stuttgart to see Cassie and Miranda's listings. Then I see there is another missing teenager, same age as Cassie, that has been missing since February . . . according to this site. Again, this is another former student. The name is spelled wrong and no one bothered to even pull her picture from the high school yearbook. She is not in NAMUS. Even if she is considered a runaway or difficult to manage teen, how is anyone supposed to keep and eye out for her with no local publicity? (I needed to vent, and here is my forum!)

We have a lot of those where I live too and it's so frustrating.

Sorry for the language but that is totally ****ed up! Why isn't there more publicity? I guess because those ladies might come from poor family so the medias don't really care about such ppl. For such a small town (less than 9500 ppl living there) I find it quite alarming that 3 females go missing and nothing is said about it! What if the 3 disappearances were relate to 1 individual? I, then, guess they would want to talk about it so the national news put their city's name on the map to gain exposure and notoriety! (Not sure how to explain it better sorry lol)

I do not have concerns of there being one person responsible for all three missing. It's possible, but the three young women are not really associated with one another -- aside from Knycole and Cassie being the same age. From memory, I recall Cassie arriving in Stuttgart in 8th grade / 2010 and Knycole arriving in 9th grade / 2011 from Kansas City. If Cassie was being "homeschooled" the year Knycole arrived, they may not have even met. Personality-wise, Cassie was somewhat withdrawn but could have a short fuse if pestered. Miranda was overly out-going and would start up a lengthy conversation (as if killing time) when you would expect a simple hello in passing in a store. Knycole is very attractive and participated in basketball -- fairly well-liked even if she did not have much family here. With a new girl drawing attention, there were some jealous spats (the normal "she saids" or "he's mine" type arguments). Some families have four generations in town; Owens are well-respected with at least three or four being teachers with college educations. But Cassie and Knycole had come from the outside.

Good article and happy to know Judy is getting help in her journey and LE is getting schooling on missing individuals ..most all of them need it IMO

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/jul/08/families-remember-lost-children-2016070-1/?f=latest#/

Families of missing people in Arkansas remember lost children

At event, Rutledge presents plaques, grief sessions held
The room was silent except for the clack of crutches on the floor as Judy Compton hobbled to the front, a cast on her right leg, to pick up her plaque from the state attorney general.

Compton and 20 other families of missing people in Arkansas attended the fifth-annual Never Forgotten event Thursday at Camp Robinson in North Little Rock. State Attorney General Leslie Rutledge presented each family with a plaque in recognition of their missing loved one.

Compton attended grief-counseling sessions Thursday and talked with other mothers of missing children. She said that the grief counseling helped her, but there are still times when she feels hopeless.

"It takes all the life out of you," she said, wiping her tears on a crumpled tissue.

Her daughter, Cassie Compton, was 15 when she vanished Sept. 14, 2014, from Stuttgart.

She had gone out with a friend, but texted her mother at about 6:05 p.m that she had returned home. Her mother was already home, and after chatting briefly, Cassie left the house again.

It was the last time Judy Compton saw her.

Compton contacted the police that night but was told that she needed to wait until the next morning to file a missing persons report. She said she didn't think that Police Department's initial efforts to find her daughter were sufficient.

"They just kind of went off on a wild goose chase," she said

Cassie's file is now on the Charley Project

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: September 14, 2014 from Stuttgart, Arkansas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: December 4, 1998
Height and Weight: 5'3, 100 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Cassie has a dark-colored, heart-shaped birthmark on her upper left arm and a scar on the left side of her face, beginning at the cheekline near her nose. Her hair was dyed blonde at the time of her disappearance.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A blue spaghetti-strap top, blue and white plaid shorts and blue and gray cowgirl boots with two- to three-inch heels.
Medical Conditions: Cassie was taking medication for a severe cold at the time of her disappearance. Her mother stated she thought Cassie may have bipolar disorder, as she began experiencing mood swings at age 13. She was prescribed antidepressants, but didn't like taking them.

Details of Disappearance
Cassie was last seen in Stuttgart, Arkansas sometime after 6:00 p.m. on September 14, 2014, after spending the day at a demolition derby with friends. A short time after she arrived home, she left again, telling her mother she was going to the store to pick up some things. She had a black LG smart phone with no charger. She never returned home and has never been heard from again.

It's uncharacteristic of Cassie to leave without warning; her mother said they always kept in touch. She lived with her mother and her mother's fiance at the time of her disappearance; her father lived in Oklahoma. She was home-schooled and working to obtain a GED certificate. Little evidence is available as to her fate.

I do not have concerns of there being one person responsible for all three missing. It's possible, but the three young women are not really associated with one another -- aside from Knycole and Cassie being the same age. From memory, I recall Cassie arriving in Stuttgart in 8th grade / 2010 and Knycole arriving in 9th grade / 2011 from Kansas City. If Cassie was being "homeschooled" the year Knycole arrived, they may not have even met. Personality-wise, Cassie was somewhat withdrawn but could have a short fuse if pestered. Miranda was overly out-going and would start up a lengthy conversation (as if killing time) when you would expect a simple hello in passing in a store. Knycole is very attractive and participated in basketball -- fairly well-liked even if she did not have much family here. With a new girl drawing attention, there were some jealous spats (the normal "she saids" or "he's mine" type arguments). Some families have four generations in town; Owens are well-respected with at least three or four being teachers with college educations. But Cassie and Knycole had come from the outside.

Cassie's file is now on the Charley Project

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: September 14, 2014 from Stuttgart, Arkansas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: December 4, 1998
Height and Weight: 5'3, 100 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Cassie has a dark-colored, heart-shaped birthmark on her upper left arm and a scar on the left side of her face, beginning at the cheekline near her nose. Her hair was dyed blonde at the time of her disappearance.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A blue spaghetti-strap top, blue and white plaid shorts and blue and gray cowgirl boots with two- to three-inch heels.
Medical Conditions: Cassie was taking medication for a severe cold at the time of her disappearance. Her mother stated she thought Cassie may have bipolar disorder, as she began experiencing mood swings at age 13. She was prescribed antidepressants, but didn't like taking them.

Details of Disappearance
Cassie was last seen in Stuttgart, Arkansas sometime after 6:00 p.m. on September 14, 2014, after spending the day at a demolition derby with friends. A short time after she arrived home, she left again, telling her mother she was going to the store to pick up some things. She had a black LG smart phone with no charger. She never returned home and has never been heard from again.

It's uncharacteristic of Cassie to leave without warning; her mother said they always kept in touch. She lived with her mother and her mother's fiance at the time of her disappearance; her father lived in Oklahoma. She was home-schooled and working to obtain a GED certificate. Little evidence is available as to her fate.

There are a couple of details I don't believe are quite right in this sincere effort to post . . . The demolition derby had been on Saturday night at the county fair and she did not return home and then disappear shortly thereafter until Sunday night. There is more to argue, but I will leave it there as what I would challenge is more negative. Other websleuthers who have followed from early in the case already know about the dysfunction.

There are a couple of details I don't believe are quite right in this sincere effort to post . . . The demolition derby had been on Saturday night at the county fair and she did not return home and then disappear shortly thereafter until Sunday night. There is more to argue, but I will leave it there as what I would challenge is more negative. Other websleuthers who have followed from early in the case already know about the dysfunction.

I think the writer got that information about the demolition derby from here:

https://findcassiecompton.wordpress.com/what-we-know/

Cassie went to the demolition derby in DeWitt on Sunday (9/14/14) with the Snyder family.

Sources used:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
Facebook Page for Cassie Compton
NamUs
Find Cassie Compton
The Stuttgart Daily Leader
KATV

The Charley Project profiles missing persons cases and the founder, Meaghan Good, is usually very thorough on her research. If something is incorrect, she will probably be willing to change it. I saw that the case-file was added to the site so I wanted to post it on Cassie's thread.

That is site's comment is incorrect also. Derby was definitely on Saturday as it is the final event every year at the fair in DeWitt. There has never been photo verification of Cassie being at the derby, to my knowledge, and I scoured through all pictures from that night I could find on-line including those on the local newspapers website. (The Cassie painted on one of the derby cars is there for another Cassie.) Ms. Snyder stated on the Jane Velez Mitchell show that Cassie had gone to the derby with them and then spent Sunday with their family before Hunter took her back home Sunday night. We do have other adult witnesses who spoke with Cassie at First Baptist Church fifth quarter activity after a football game on Friday night. My daughter also spoke with her there. I am of the camp that believes the Snyders as I know Hunter regularly brought Cassie to church activities on Wednesday nights to get her out of the house where she spent every day being "homeschooled." He was making the effort to help her socialize in a safe place.

Cassie Compton & Chelsea Bruck have always been the two cases that I just haven't been able to stop thinking about. With Chelsea finally getting her justice, I have a renewed hope for our Cassie. Fingers crossed for some updates in the second half of 2016!

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

I will never shake the feeling that she never left he house that night.

I will never shake the feeling that the very first search included comments from officials to the flavor of (my graphic summation, not actual words) "look for parts because he wouldn't be able to carry a whole person on his bike".

Still nothing?

We still haven't heard anything about the bones found some months ago in Stuttgard behind that restaurant so it almost looks like they swept the case under the rug and are now acting as nothing happened even if Cassie along with another lady (maybe 2 other ladies I cant exactly remember) went missing from the same city. Sad to say but it looks like we might not hear anything new for a long while :/

We still haven't heard anything about the bones found some months ago in Stuttgard behind that restaurant so it almost looks like they swept the case under the rug and are now acting as nothing happened even if Cassie along with another lady (maybe 2 other ladies I cant exactly remember) went missing from the same city. Sad to say but it looks like we might not hear anything new for a long while :/
I thought the bones were behind a restaurant in little rock?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

If you will reference the NAMUS database under "unidentified" persons, you can find the two skeletal remains found previously in Arkansas in 2016. The skull in Saline County was determined to be female, the bones in Pulaski County (pretty sure this is the behind the restaurant reference) are not even identified as male or female but the height is taller than Cassie. DNA has been submitted for both, but there are no results listed yet. There is DNA processed for Cassie already. The leg bone found on the Arkansas River was "identified."

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/search

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth
Back