AR AR - Ebby Steppach, 18, Little Rock, found deceased, 24 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is potentially the possibility that Ebby may be captured on camera at Walmart and if she was there with someone or even alone, that would have been great footage to have for Ebby's case, but since the original lead detective dropped the ball on that the footage is gone forever now.

Not necessarily true. Most Wal-Mart stores save security footage for 8-10 years. Especially if it's just been remodeled. The remodeled stores have security upgrades that have 1 terabyte hard drives. Hopefully, LE would still be willing to check their footage out.

There is potentially the possibility that Ebby may be captured on camera at Walmart and if she was there with someone or even alone, that would have been great footage to have for Ebby's case, but since the original lead detective dropped the ball on that the footage is gone forever now.

Not necessarily true. Most Wal-Mart stores save security footage for 8-10 years. Especially if it's just been remodeled. The remodeled stores have security upgrades that have 1 terabyte hard drives. Hopefully, LE would still be willing to check their footage out.

The LRPD homicide detectives that are now handling the case and Ebby's mom and step-dad have all stated many times that this has been looked in to, but the Walmart footage is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't there a public high school somewhere nearby in the residential area? (I am not where I can fish around with maps right now.) I just wonder if that pulls in some teen traffic from much-less affluent Little Rock residents. And Ebby was a student at Central High School much closer to downtown and the Capitol which has a heavier African-American and "gang"-related population than would be in WLR. I had done some graduate school observations at Central where I don't get the vibe of Ebby running with the elite . . . . As so many of those families put their children in a wide variety of private/church schools which have been around since "The Lost Year" (1957). I like how you showed the proximity of Wal-Mart to the park.

Isn't there a public high school somewhere nearby in the residential area? (I am not where I can fish around with maps right now.) I just wonder if that pulls in some teen traffic from much-less affluent Little Rock residents. And Ebby was a student at Central High School much closer to downtown and the Capitol which has a heavier African-American and "gang"-related population than would be in WLR. I had done some graduate school observations at Central where I don't get the vibe of Ebby running with the elite . . . . As so many of those families put their children in a wide variety of private/church schools which have been around since "The Lost Year" (1957). I like how you showed the proximity of Wal-Mart to the park.

I'm glad to help provide a better understanding of the area and the schools since I grew up in WLR (parents still live there) and graduated from Central. The two closest schools to where Ebby was last seen are Joe T. Robinson (public) and Little Rock Christian (private). Both are K through 12. The next closest school of any kind is Don Roberts Elementary, ranked the 5th best elementary in AR, is 2 miles away. LR Christian is pretty much across the highway from the Walmart on the map I posted. Robinson is one mile away from Ebby's last known location.

It is a common mistake that Central is a gang ridden high school. It is very much in a gang part of downtown LR, but the student body itself is not overrun with gangs - and a lot of that neighborhood has been "taken back" by its residents. I attended Central when the gang problems in LR were at their worst and we never had a single incidence of gang violence within the school (and this was before the school had metal detectors). The student body at Central does pull from some of the poorer areas of LR, but it also pulls from two of the wealthiest parts of LR - West Little Rock and the Heights, an area in the middle of LR where some of the most expensive homes in LR are located. Additionally, the security and control of administration at Central is so efficient that there are never any major problems within the school and academically it's ranked the 6th best high school in the state (there are more than a dozen high schools in LR alone and another dozen or more in the suburbs of LR). When I attended Central there was 1 fight in 2 years and it was between sophomores at the beginning of the school year. We all wanted to see a fight so badly because there's never a fight at Central we ran down the stairs from two floors up, but when we got there it was over.

As far as Robinson goes, it does have a very integrated student body, but all the schools in LR pull from neighborhoods with incomes that vary greatly. I've never seen anything on our local news about problems at Robinson. The high school in LR that has a lot of problems is Hall High, right in the middle of LR and in one of the more expensive neighborhoods, but that school hasn't ever had a problem that's led to someone's death - at least it's never been reported and I think that would definitely make the news. Plus, I doubt that the presence of a school has a huge bearing on teens being in the vicinity over the weekend.

There are at least 6 major private schools in LR I can think of off the top of my head, but that in no way puts a dent in the number of privileged kids that attend public high schools in LR - especially Central. Central is the one public high school that parents will use school choice or minority enrollment to be able to send their child to Central because it is one of the best high schools in the state. Plus, Ebby had been in a private school until her senior year and then transferred to Central for her senior year. She had only been attending Central for a few months when she disappeared, so I would be surprised if her whole social network had completely changed. It sounds more like she just managed to meet a few wrong people or the boys that took the video of her are more involved than they've been suspected.

$50,000 REWARD FOR INFORMATION LEADING TO THE CURRENT WHEREABOUTS OF EBBY STEPPACH

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1695403237432514:0
dfad66000bc91a3a9d71df973e3722e4.jpg

I attended Central back in 83 for 1 year and that's when it was so bad that Tommie Robinson put up that fake graveyard to show the death rate of Black on Black crime around 17th st but honestly , it was not Bad to me back then , I mean I was never afraid at school AT ALL!!! but I'm really glad the reward is so high !

Ebby Steppach's mother has renewed confidence, hope her daughter will be found

http://www.thv11.com/news/local/ebb...nce-hope-her-daughter-will-be-found/452559514

Now, a new team has been assembled to help in the investigation.

Ebby’s case has been moved to a cold case squad with 4 retired homicide detectives. Detective Tommy Hudson, thinks the new team will be able to devote more time to this case. Jernigan is hopeful of what the new team will be able to accomplish.

“A lot of mistakes were made and a lot of things were missed in the beginning,” said Jernigan. “When the new squad got the case, they had to start all over from day one.”

VERY glad a new team is working on her case. Ebby and her family deserved better from the police department.

Hi folks,
Just got caught up on Ebby's thread here. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but...why didn't they ping her phone location to find out where she really was when she spoke with her brother when she was 'messed up' and didn't know where she was? I don't mean right then, because obviously they didn't act on any of this until the 12 hour mark, but afterwards, during the investigation. Furthermore, couldn't they pinpoint where she had been during the hours before that call? I realize that the case was badly bungled, and sadly some of the results of that are beyond fixing. But even now, I hope that they are getting on top of things, as the post above me states. Trust me, many people know exactly who the guy with the video camera was, and from what I understand, her step-dad knows some names of people who need to be leaned on heavily.

From browsing her social media, she seems like a little girl who didn't have any idea what she was getting herself into. So tragic. I hope for the sake of her loved ones, some kind of closure comes soon.

Hi folks,
Just got caught up on Ebby's thread here. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but...why didn't they ping her phone location to find out where she really was when she spoke with her brother when she was 'messed up' and didn't know where she was? I don't mean right then, because obviously they didn't act on any of this until the 12 hour mark, but afterwards, during the investigation. Furthermore, couldn't they pinpoint where she had been during the hours before that call? I realize that the case was badly bungled, and sadly some of the results of that are beyond fixing. But even now, I hope that they are getting on top of things, as the post above me states. Trust me, many people know exactly who the guy with the video camera was, and from what I understand, her step-dad knows some names of people who need to be leaned on heavily.

From browsing her social media, she seems like a little girl who didn't have any idea what she was getting herself into. So tragic. I hope for the sake of her loved ones, some kind of closure comes soon.

The cops that were initially assigned the case completely failed to locate her phone, as well as failing to do many other things that should have been done as a matter of routine. Her case is now in the third set of hands with the LRPD, but her family is very happy with the officers who are currently handling the case. I believe I recall hearing that any breaks in the case will not be made public.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/09/...dly-stall-refuse-to-pursue-possible-suspects/

[h=1]Ebby Steppach: Girl still missing while police reportedly stall, refuse to pursue possible suspects[/h]

Much of the information used to write that article is out of date. The abuses the family suffered from detectives with the LRPD and the mishandling of evidence all happened within the first 6-8 months in the case. The homicide department is not handling the case anymore, it is being handled by two former homicide detectives who now handle cold cases for the LRPD. I am astonished at the lack of effort that was put into writing an article that was clearly done for the purposes of causing drama and misleading readers since none of the "facts" in this article are currently accurate.

There is a story in an Arkansas magazine this month (aymag.com) on Ebby's case where all the past problems are reviewed and everything that is currently being done, as well as the fact that the family is extremely happy with the work the LRPD is currently doing, is discussed. The article includes current quotes from the family and the LRPD.

The journalist in the article in this post could have written a story to help Ebby, but instead she chose to write a story based on outdated and misinformation that other journalist have already reported.

Much of the information used to write that article is out of date. The abuses the family suffered from detectives with the LRPD and the mishandling of evidence all happened within the first 6-8 months in the case. The homicide department is not handling the case anymore, it is being handled by two former homicide detectives who now handle cold cases for the LRPD. I am astonished at the lack of effort that was put into writing an article that was clearly done for the purposes of causing drama and misleading readers since none of the "facts" in this article are currently accurate.

There is a story in an Arkansas magazine this month (aymag.com) on Ebby's case where all the past problems are reviewed and everything that is currently being done, as well as the fact that the family is extremely happy with the work the LRPD is currently doing, is discussed. The article includes current quotes from the family and the LRPD.

The journalist in the article in this post could have written a story to help Ebby, but instead she chose to write a story based on outdated and misinformation that other journalist have already reported.

Thank you so much for this well thought out response! Honestly I got so excited when I saw a new article on Ebby that I didn't even read it myself... just posted it and figured I'd have time to go back and read later. Now that I'm doing so, I agree with you.

Thank you so much for this well thought out response! Honestly I got so excited when I saw a new article on Ebby that I didn't even read it myself... just posted it and figured I'd have time to go back and read later. Now that I'm doing so, I agree with you.

You're so very welcome. Being a Little Rock native who grew up in West Little Rock and graduated from Central this case has always been personal for me. I'm disabled and limited on the help I can contribute, but I do whatever I can when I see an opportunity that fits within my limited abilities. I do recommend you check out the story on aymag.com before it is no longer available. It is a current and accurate account of the case.

I have tried to read all that I can about this case but still cant find the reason for specifically searching the 15 or 20 acre woods
near Markham and Bowman rd in WLR?....anyone?

Thinking of Ebby's family this Thanksgiving and wishing them continued strength. Hopefully with new eyes on Ebby's case her family can get the answers they deserve!!

I have tried to read all that I can about this case but still cant find the reason for specifically searching the 15 or 20 acre woods
near Markham and Bowman rd in WLR?....anyone?

If it is the same woods the family members talked about on Dr. Phil show today then it sounds like they are claiming LE messed up at first and when they first checked her phone for last pings they used a wrong phone number and it gave a location in some woods.

When they used the right phone number it was a ping closer to where the car was found.

I wonder if that woods location maybe where the perps took her first and maybe the phone number search for pings really was hitting there. Maybe she was there afterall in the middle of those woods. Sounds like the family is saying that LE really messed up at first and they were basically blowing the parents off and expecting their child to just show up at some point.

So sad LE apparently let them down in the early phases. The family did say they have a good relationship now with LE and new LE people are on the case. Which is good. Hope they get some answers some day.
Heartbreaking case.

Hope and Prayers for the family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee