AR AR - Ebby Steppach, 18, Little Rock, found deceased, 24 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now that the case is out of their hands I do have some faith that there will be some answers, at least I want to hope there will be. I don't think they will need the video either, they definitely know what they are doing in homicide and i feel like if they know who the boys are and will actually start investigating them that it will lead to something! I noticed on a comment someone mentioned a name but i wasn't about to ask anything, Ill just wait and see what happens. But its scary to know that there are 4 boys out there that most likely did something to her and have just lived their life the past year and a half like nothing... I do agree that its most likely NOT a stranger, with the car running i think she might have asked them to meet her there? maybe got out to talk to them? (i'm not a detective i'm just using my brain, which JC clearly doesn't do).

The part i cant get out of my head is "little rock doesn't have a gang problem" Right, not at all (this is where i roll my eyes)...

Now that the case is out of their hands I do have some faith that there will be some answers, at least I want to hope there will be. I don't think they will need the video either, they definitely know what they are doing in homicide and i feel like if they know who the boys are and will actually start investigating them that it will lead to something! I noticed on a comment someone mentioned a name but i wasn't about to ask anything, Ill just wait and see what happens. But its scary to know that there are 4 boys out there that most likely did something to her and have just lived their life the past year and a half like nothing... I do agree that its most likely NOT a stranger, with the car running i think she might have asked them to meet her there? maybe got out to talk to them? (i'm not a detective i'm just using my brain, which JC clearly doesn't do).

The part i cant get out of my head is "little rock doesn't have a gang problem" Right, not at all (this is where i roll my eyes)...

I know. If this idiot has been with LRPD he's been there long enough to know about the early 90's and LR being called Little LA because the gang problem was so bad. In fact, HBO did a special about the gang problem in LR. That also exposed serious problems within the LRPD that gave them a severely failing grade. They've supposedly made massive improvements, but it took over 20 years to achieve them. Apparently, not all of the problems have been corrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's so obvious something terrible happened to her. :( it's seriously upsetting the lack of concern the police department shows.

what if it was the security guard? She could've had a bad reaction or just got too high-- so she pulled over to park in a park that she's been too before... which I also heard isn't far from her moms house.
left the car on because it was cold.... passed out... security guard knocks on her window and asks her to get out... there was also someone pretending to be a cop and pulling people over not too far from the same area.

security guard uploads his videos from his car on his personal computer -- which also ended up "breaking" so he threw it out..

Am I stretching it here???? THis has been bothering me for days... I had to let it out

what if it was the security guard? She could've had a bad reaction or just got too high-- so she pulled over to park in a park that she's been too before... which I also heard isn't far from her moms house.
left the car on because it was cold.... passed out... security guard knocks on her window and asks her to get out... there was also someone pretending to be a cop and pulling people over not too far from the same area.

security guard uploads his videos from his car on his personal computer -- which also ended up "breaking" so he threw it out..

Am I stretching it here???? THis has been bothering me for days... I had to let it out

this seems plausible to me

Well the security guard did try for some time to get the detective assigned to the case to take the security video he had and the detective never collected the video. I understand perps who insert themselves into the case to find out what the cops know, but this doesn't seem to be the case at all with the security guard from the information Ebby's family has released. It seems it's the exact opposite - in fact the security guard was irritated with the lack of effort on behalf of the detectives to properly investigate the case.

Being irritated doesn't prove anything. Everyone has a face they can put on. I just think every single person that had any connection should be looked into further.

Being irritated doesn't prove anything. Everyone has a face they can put on. I just think every single person that had any connection should be looked into further.

True, he could've been irritated because they were taking him seriously or because they weren't listening to him so therefore he wouldn't be in the lime light or the one to solve the case, in his mind. Or he could've honestly been trying to help, I'm always skeptical though.

*All thoughts & opinions mentioned above are just that, MY random thoughts & opinions*

I grew up in the area, lived over 30 years in Little Rock, and still only live a little over 30 minutes from where Ebby was last known to be. More importantly, I spent a good portion of my 20's living in the party scene in Little Rock where there are plenty of drugs available - a scene Ebby seems to have stumbled onto the fringes of. From all this experience and what I know about Ebby's case, both on WS and from what has been in the news here locally, I really, truly believe the 4 boys Ebby was with are the key to solving this case. However, since the detectives that were first assigned to her case didn't properly question (or actually interrogate) them, nor did they properly and thoroughly go through their phones, this case will most likely never be solved unless someone with information decides to come forward.

Just saw a commercial for a local news station in Little Rock that will air an interview with a former LRPD detective. The topic of the interview is Ebby and the mistakes that were made by the LRPD in investigating Ebby's disappearance. It will air this coming Tuesday (5/23) at 10:00 CST.

This story ran tonight on the 10:00 news here in Little Rock. There wasn't anything new as far as information on Ebby, but the interview does have a retired LRPD homicide detective that was assigned to Ebby's case (after it was transferred to homicide) going on record about mistakes the lead detective in violent crimes made when the case was initially assigned to that department.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news...crucial-investigation-mistakes-made/720053109

Today's Crime Watch Daily with Chris Hanson episode:

[video=youtube;YaHIdD-qN78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaHIdD-qN78&feature=share[/video]

There are two parts already on youtube channel, but is supposed to air at 11 on one of our local side stations (KASN).

[video=youtube;YaHIdD-qN78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaHIdD-qN78&feature=share[/video]

There are two parts already on youtube channel, but is supposed to air at 11 on one of our local side stations (KASN).

Watching this broke my heart...with my girls getting older & entering high school next year, things like this & other cases I read about on here just makes me want to lock my girls up & never let them leave the house!

Thanks for posting that. I found it interesting because of the new lead, but also found it strange that this information is apparently just now be made available by the security guard. By the security guard's own admission, statements from Ebby's mom, and even police reports, this security guard has been in contact with the family and LRPD practically from the very beginning and is just now mentioning these guys he saw Ebby with on 3 separate occasions?!

Why, if he saw these guys with Ebby THREE TIMES, is he just now mentioning this over a year and a half later?! And, btw, it's a miracle that the report of Ebby's abandoned car is in the police report because the detective in violent crimes who was the first one to have the case (who did absolutely nothing and totally screwed up the case) actually managed to get the security guard's report of the abandoned car included in the police report. So the guy who made a huge mess of this case initially actually did manage to get something important handled properly, but the part about seeing POI's with Ebby three separate times completely slipped the security guard's memory for almost 20 months?! It just doesn't make sense and seems really sketchy.

Also, there were a couple of housekeeping issues that bothered me about the report.

1. Chalamont park where Ebby's car was left and the security guard is now claiming he saw Ebby there with the potential suspects is NOT a city park at all as it often gets reported by people who aren't from Little Rock and are unfamiliar with the city. It seems like a small detail, but public parks can often times make people immediately draw conclusions about the types of activities that happen in a public, city park. It also is not right across the street from a Walmart as is often reported, which made people who don't know the area think that cameras from Walmart would have recordings of activities at the park. They would possibly capture vehicles driving down Chenal and potentially headed to the park, but that turn off is out of range of the Walmart cameras and actually is not within site of Walmart. There is potentially the possibility that Ebby may be captured on camera at Walmart and if she was there with someone or even alone, that would have been great footage to have for Ebby's case, but since the original lead detective dropped the ball on that the footage is gone forever now.

The real story is Chalamont park is a private, neighborhood park for a neighborhood that is in one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Little Rock. It is also on the far west side of Little Rock, very much removed from the more densely populated and areas with higher crime rates. It also is not a park you would know existed unless someone told you where it is. It is off of a neighborhood street that you have to drive down quite a ways before you reach the park. I'm attaching two pictures below and hope the attachments work. One shows how far the park is from Walmart and the other is a closer view of the map to show how far back in the neighborhood the park is from the closest main thoroughfare (Chenal Parkway).

Chalamont park (red dot) and distance from Walmart (blue dot at the intersection of Highway 10 and Chenal Parkway).
57a36999f845c79e8164dd02cc24c0ea.jpg

Close up of drive from Chenal Parkway to Chalamont park.
010da9c3eba54fad3ce4b7b280868d20.jpg

2. There is also misinformation about the area where the clothing was found that caused false hope early on in the investigation. I heard in one report that this area is really close to where her car was found and then in this Crime Watch Daily report it was stated the clothes were found in a remote part of Little Rock. Neither of these statements are true. The area is 8 miles from Chalamont park, but it's 8 miles in the heaviest traffic area in West Little Rock. As far as this location being a remote area in Little Rock, it's actually a green space that's maybe 15 acres (20 acres tops) right dead in the middle of one of the most heavily congested business and shopping areas in all of Little Rock - definitely for West Little Rock.

3. Last, but not least, (and I'm sad to say this) unfortunately Ebby's name is not a name that most people around here would know, despite what was said by the local reporter in the Crime Watch Daily episode. When Ebby disappeared she vanished right in the middle of a spree of a lot of middle class to upper middle class pretty Caucasian teenage (high school age) girls who were disappearing from Little Rock and the immediate suburbs west of Little Rock. I follow Ebby's case closely because of what the LRPD detective that originally had the case did to ruin it for whatever reason. However, young, pretty girls were disappearing around here so frequently for about a year that people don't (or can't) even keep up, which is really sad. Plus, if a case from 1999 that involved the murder of Carson Prince, whose mother is a deputy prosecutor for Little Rock and father was a former mayor for Little Rock, couldn't get the proper time and attention from LRPD, the Pulaski County Sherriff, or the Arkansas State Troopers (she was found on an interstate barely alive), there's little chance anyone else will. I think Ebby's family is finally on the right track, but at the same time I know that the only reason Carson Prince's murderer got caught (and she wasn't missing, they KNEW it was a murder case) was because he walked into a police station, turned himself in, and gave a full confession to Carson's murder and the murder of two other people.

Bottom line, it's great to keep Ebby's story in the news. It's especially important because no one knows what happened to her and keeping her story in the news might be the only way to get a witness to come forward or someone who's seen her to make a report to the police (assuming she's still alive but being held hostage for sex trafficking). Making sure these small details are being properly reported might seem insignificant, but being from Little Rock and having lived here for over 40 of my 49 years on Earth, I know why here in Little Rock these details are really important to the investigation. Plus, for those who aren't familiar with a city or town (as is the case with most WS cases) we rely on MSM reports for the major and fine details of a case to try to figure out what happened. If any of those details are inaccurate, it can cause a person to arrive at the wrong conclusion.

One detail that I have not ever seen reported is that the really horrible thing about where Ebby's car was found is surrounded by thousands upon thousands of wooded acreage to the west of that park. Within 5 minutes (or less) there's an endless supply of places to take someone that you don't want found ever again. But I'm still hoping Ebby will be found one way or another for her family's sake.

An additional thought about the Crime Watch Daily episode - why didn't the security guard go to the police with his POI information?! Why did he wait to turn that over when he was being interviewed for the webcast and then give it to the host of a that webcast to give it to the LRPD?! Like I said in my previous post, that whole situation seems very sketchy being handled the way it was handled.

An additional thought about the Crime Watch Daily episode - why didn't the security guard go to the police with his POI information?! Why did he wait to turn that over when he was being interviewed for the webcast and then give it to the host of a that webcast to give it to the LRPD?! Like I said in my previous post, that whole situation seems very sketchy being handled the way it was handled.

I think he's told LE about her being with the guys but Crime Watch is the 1st to show mugshots of potentials, once he saw those pictures he immediately knew which ones it was & it just happened to be the 2 that were/are involved in sex trafficking. Or at least that's my take on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back