Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was born out of wedlock and the father didn’t even know about her then it’s very possible that she was placed for adoption.

Very true. I also worked with someone whose estranged wife gave their youngest child at birth up for adoption without telling him she was even pregnant. In their case, the child wasn't even born out of wedlock, they were just separated. I don't know how she pulled it off without him knowing or having to sign anything, but somehow, she did. He found out when the child was 5.

Not sure how to put this delicately, but here goes.
One of my relatives deliberately had a one night stand so she could have another baby. It was a married man. Sperm banks weren't as common back then as now, so this was her only option to have more kids. Truth be told, she wasn't a very pretty woman or easy to live with and had a difficult time finding a date, let alone be in a committed relationship, and this was the only way for her to do it.
The single women out number the single men something like 4-1 in my area, so her prospects of having children within the sanctity of a relationship, let alone marriage, were rather small. She got this idea from another unattractive friend who also wanted to have another child, and successfully did this.
After my relative did this, another not so pretty friend of hers hopped on board and did the same thing so she could have another baby. So, I know of three women in the late 70s who had hookups with the express purpose of getting pregnant and having another baby before it was too late because conception options were limited at the time. And I'm not sure if any of them told the baby daddies about them.

I just heard back from a relative and he/she pointed out that Estella had two children, a boy and a girl, while married to her in-between husband and there’s ongoing suspicion on his or her part of a paternity issue with the girl, born circa 1955, because of Estella’s “back and forth” relationship with Ashton. She remarried Ashton in 1960 but apparently nothing can be found on her or her brother.

It looks like an Ancestry EDJD researcher was able to find this daughter named, Rhonda, adopted out and dying in 2010 (awaiting confirmation). But it does seem to prove that Estella gave her children up for adoption.

Last edited:
Ronda (no H) was given the name Wood although Caudle was presumably the father. She was not adopted out and is accounted for past 1991.

Estella Blevins doesn’t appear to have gone to high school but I did find year book pictures of a couple of her sisters at Fairfax High.

Not sure how to put this delicately, but here goes.
One of my relatives deliberately had a one night stand so she could have another baby. It was a married man. Sperm banks weren't as common back then as now, so this was her only option to have more kids. Truth be told, she wasn't a very pretty woman or easy to live with and had a difficult time finding a date, let alone be in a committed relationship, and this was the only way for her to do it.
The single women out number the single men something like 4-1 in my area, so her prospects of having children within the sanctity of a relationship, let alone marriage, were rather small. She got this idea from another unattractive friend who also wanted to have another child, and successfully did this.
After my relative did this, another not so pretty friend of hers hopped on board and did the same thing so she could have another baby. So, I know of three women in the late 70s who had hookups with the express purpose of getting pregnant and having another baby before it was too late because conception options were limited at the time. And I'm not sure if any of them told the baby daddies about them.

I’d like to say I’m surprised but nope. Not really.

I await the day they manage to give her back her name. Seems to be stalled right now as has been discussed here for the past year and a bit since the news on the Wood/Carter family connection was first published. Perhaps an affair or marriage that produced a child no one is/was aware of or something like that. Like you, I don't expect the perp will be providing anyone with her true identity --- even if he actually knows it.
I found this on eBay it has been removed no longer available: christine geboy from delafield was 15 and went missing from delafield in 1983. I can’t post the pic ‘too large’christine geboy - Google Search
With article : christine geboy delafield - Google Search
Cannot determine if she was ever located. I feel there’s a strong resemblance ...

I found this on eBay it has been removed no longer available: christine geboy from delafield was 15 and went missing from delafield in 1983. I can’t post the pic ‘too large’christine geboy - Google Search
Cannot determine if she was ever located. I feel there’s a strong resemblance ...

I agree there is a strong resemblance. This may be a good find if she's still missing and not in a database. I haven't had time to look. Do you know anything else about her?

I wonder if anyone can do a side by side of the ebay picture and the Identification picture of EDJD. The one where she has almost the same expression on her face.
Christine was definitely missing but maybe she turned up sometime, I don't know. I think it would be worth finding out.

Oh wow there sure is!! Definitely warrants some searching to see if Christine was later located. The resemblance is definitely there.

I wonder if anyone can do a side by side of the ebay picture and the Identification picture of EDJD. The one where she has almost the same expression on her face.
Christine was definitely missing but maybe she turned up sometime, I don't know. I think it would be worth finding out.
Here's a side by side. I'm going to do some hunting of the name and see if I can find her still alive.

I don't have ancestry but I bet someone could pretty quickly look at the family and see if there might be any connection to what we know about the DNA relatives/locations/etc.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 10.13.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 10.13.33 PM.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 175
I've found a woman in her 50s who I think is her still alive. She has a different last name which you can find by searching the Geboy surname on social media and looking at profiles of people from Delafield and reading comments on pics. I feel pretty sure that it's the same woman - her adult pics resemble the missing child pic in terms of the eyebrow shape and so on. Would be good for someone else to do some sleuthing and rule this out too though.

There's an interesting new post by admin in the "Help identify...." FB group.
It's a letter supposedly written by the chief deputy coroner who was first to respond.
What stood out to me was that Cheryl Ann Wick/Wicks had both her ID and birth certificate stolen several years earlier while on vacation in Florida.
Doesn't say whereabouts in Florida, but have we heard it was stolen in Florida before?
Guess there may possibly be some truths in the murderer's story...
HELP IDENTIFY EL DORADO JANE DOE
Facebook Groups

There's an interesting new post by admin in the "Help identify...." FB group.
It's a letter supposedly written by the chief deputy coroner who was first to respond.
What stood out to me was that Cheryl Ann Wick/Wicks had both her ID and birth certificate stolen several years earlier while on vacation in Florida.
Doesn't say whereabouts in Florida, but have we heard it was stolen in Florida before?
Guess there may possibly be some truths in the murderer's story...
Facebook Groups

LE has stated that they believe EDJD was from Florida and I've always thought they must know something that hasn't been released. I thought maybe they knew more about the bus ticket that she purchased but if this is true then it could answer that question. I know EDJD told some people she was from Florida but she told people lots of things and I don't think LE would base their assumptions on that alone. They must know something else but I don't understand why they wouldn't have released everything a long time ago in this case.
And by the way there are a few of the families that were involved with the family in question (the Wood family) that have settled in Florida.

One thing I'd like to know...did the real Cheryl Ann Wick ever report the theft to the police? Could she have sold these items???
Judging by the letter she didn't report it at the time. She didn't even share any physical resemblance to EDJD, being short with dark hair and dark eyes.

Another thing he mentioned was when he entered EDJDs fingerprints into ncic is when FBI got involved, because she DID have warrants for bank robbery.
He did not say where though.

Admin unfortunately turned off commenting on the post, so looks like he doesn't want further questions. Which is odd if he really wants it solved. But there it is.
Admin post Nov 10:

Last edited:
Here's a side by side. I'm going to do some hunting of the name and see if I can find her still alive.

I don't have ancestry but I bet someone could pretty quickly look at the family and see if there might be any connection to what we know about the DNA relatives/locations/etc.
They do look alike, but i think the girls eyes are set deeper, her jaw is narrower and tbe noses are different.

They do look alike, but i think the girls eyes are set deeper, her jaw is narrower and tbe noses are different.
The girl on the right also has quite a pronounced philtrum and more definition to her upper lips which I don't see in EDJD.

They do look a lot alike though.

Judging by the letter she didn't report it at the time. She didn't even share any physical resemblance to EDJD, being short with dark hair and dark eyes.

Another thing he mentioned was when he entered EDJDs fingerprints into ncic is when FBI got involved, because she DID have warrants for bank robbery.
He did not say where though.

Admin unfortunately turned off commenting on the post, so looks like he doesn't want further questions. Which is odd if he really wants it solved. But there it is.
Admin post Nov 10:
Not odd , I believe they are waiting a confirm JMO but I don't think we need to put forth any more effort ....trying to drop a hint and no I have not been let in on it , so I'm trying to be patient and just sit back and wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine