GUILTY AR - Harper, 10 mos, & Brian Floyd, 33, Ouachita Mountains, 25 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is soooooo confusing, I would like for him to give a press conference... and this time I want him to make sense!! and give us facts that fit together into a cohesive picture of some sort... If I was the media I would BURY him in FOIs until this happened lol

I am not going to jump on the 'blame LE' band wagon in this case. I think we are going to find that it was drugs/alcohol related, and not so much a mental health issue, causing the crazy, delusional behaviors. I think he was arrested earlier for 'false reporting' because he was having paranoia from drug use, not from MH issues. jmo :moo:

I am not going to hang the blame for poor Harpers death around the necks of the first responders.
Yet, if they knew it was from drug use, couldn't they/shouldn't they have arrested him then? Or placed him somewhere to get help he needed? I mean if anyone knew drugs or medication issues with his mental health problems were causing problems and they sat by and did nothing to keep Harper safe, well :cry: Sometimes as a family you try and help that person out, hoping this will get back under control soon, so not really wanting to fault them right now either. There will be many people involved looking back and thinking if only.
I'm waiting for more info but like you I do think it was probably drug related. I really wish they both could have been saved.
JMO

Yet, if they knew it was from drug use, couldn't they/shouldn't they have arrested him then? Or placed him somewhere to get help he needed? I mean if anyone knew drugs or medication issues with his mental health problems were causing problems and they sat by and did nothing to keep Harper safe, well :cry: Sometimes as a family you try and help that person out, hoping this will get back under control soon, so not really wanting to fault them right now either. There will be many people involved looking back and thinking if only.
I'm waiting for more info but like you I do think it was probably drug related. I really wish they both could have been saved.
JMO

When it comes to substance and mental health issues, often there's nothing that can be done, especially by authorities. No facilities, no budgets, legal rights of adults, etc. etc. etc.

I am not going to jump on the 'blame LE' band wagon in this case. I think we are going to find that it was drugs/alcohol related, and not so much a mental health issue, causing the crazy, delusional behaviors. I think he was arrested earlier for 'false reporting' because he was having paranoia from drug use, not from MH issues. jmo :moo:

I am not going to hang the blame for poor Harpers death around the necks of the first responders.

And a lawsuit would not bring him back. I get tired of blame being put on all with the exception of the actual people responsible . Accident would be one thing but accident or whatever with drug/alcohol use is self inflicted period and this baby did not have a choice . IMO IMO

And a lawsuit would not bring him back. I get tired of blame being put on all with the exception of the actual people responsible . Accident would be one thing but accident or whatever with drug/alcohol use is self inflicted period and this baby did not have a choice . IMO IMO

BBM
Amen. thank you!

Even if drug and alcohol played a part... IF she left to go get help and then help wouldn't listen to her like family says, then THEY failed...but its still too early to tell exactly what happened...we just don't have any real facts yet...
I could see this happening to me, we are frequently in places like is being described in this case, if something happened and I had to walk out to get assistance for my kids and husband and they wouldn't go to where I told them because they believed there was no way a vehicle could get to that area then they locked me up so that I was unable to return I would have done EVERYTHING in my power at that point to get assistance, if my family died as a result of their failure you can bet that I would sue them for everything they have, had or ever dreamed of having!! It is their job, and because it is such a serious responsibility I believe they should be held accountable, if they don't want to have that responsibility and the accountability that goes with it then they should maybe find a factory to work in.
But like I said we don't have enough facts to say what happened so I am not, at this time, blaming anyone, once we know more then I am sure I will have a more definite opinion on who I think is to blame, but I think it does our communities a great disservice to say that LE is never responsible and that just because they are LE they get a pass... There are several incidents in this area that I believe they SHOULD have been held accountable, this may or may not be another...

Brian was a good childhood friend of mine, but I've moved off and haven't seen him in a few years. So I've followed this case as close as an outsider could. Every news site gives different stories. Therefore you can trust any of them except for little snippets that are consistent between them. From my understanding of piecing them all together, the wife was never released from custody of Sunday. She was removed from jail to aid in the search but she was still detained and in custody. It wasn't till yesterday that she was released on bond. I've ran through every scenario I can think of and there has not been any evidence what so ever to point blame at anyone at this point. There no way it was caused by natural causes...maybe the baby but not both. Blame will either be him or her (not law enforcement or first responders). But at this point there has not been enough evidence to lean towards either one. It will come out though. Just a waiting game now.

Yes, it is a waiting game. I still don't know what to think at this point, other than it's a terrible tragedy.

I'm sorry you lost your friend, njp.

Sorry for the loss of your friend njp. We are waiting for info with you.

Have you ever met his wife?

Have you ever met his wife?

Thanks...and no it's been a couple of years since I last touched base with him. I knew his previous wife and older child from that marriage, but I didn't know about this one. It is a very confusing case, but I think mainly because LE isn't releasing the needed details that would bring it all together. This leads to people's imaginations running wild along with unnecessary rumors being spread. I believe once details are released it won't be quite as bizarre, although it will still be just as tragic.

I'm new here, and I wanted to say to the regulars on here that this is a great forum for info in these situations. When I heard about the ordeal last Friday I started searching the web, and this forum and one other news channel were all I could find. I've used this forum as my first resource to keep up-to-date. The latest breaks seem to show up on here right away. Thanks for all of you that contributed to real info!

Thanks...and no it's been a couple of years since I last touched base with him. I knew his previous wife and older child from that marriage, but I didn't know about this one. It is a very confusing case, but I think mainly because LE isn't releasing the needed details that would bring it all together. This leads to people's imaginations running wild along with unnecessary rumors being spread. I believe once details are released it won't be quite as bizarre, although it will still be just as tragic.

I'm new here, and I wanted to say to the regulars on here that this is a great forum for info in these situations. When I heard about the ordeal last Friday I started searching the web, and this forum and one other news channel were all I could find. I've used this forum as my first resource to keep up-to-date. The latest breaks seem to show up on here right away. Thanks for all of you that contributed to real info!

So sorry you lost an old Friend. I do want to say welcome to the Board. Sorry it's under personal circumstance.

I apologize. Removed my link because I didn't realize this info was hours old.

from your link:

Brian Floyd was arrested previously on July 20 on suspicion of communicating a false alarm, according to an arrest report.

Authorities were dispatched to the Floyd residence in the 1500 block of Battlefield Dr. on a possible burglary in progress. While on the way, authorities were informed by the 911 dispatch center that the caller had a history of mental illness, the report states.

When the authorities arrived, they found Brian Floyd driving around his residence in his vehicle. They talked him out of his vehicle while he was in a “manic state” and hallucinating, and he told authorities that a woman had broken into his house and had also been driving around his property, according to the report

Did he have a history of mental illness? They state that this incident happened on July 20 but don't specify what year. If this year, then this happened 5 days before he disappeared.

Sorry I just don't have the time to go back and read all the posts could someone freshen me up on how she got seperated from the baby. I know she was covered in cuts and scratches consistent with running through the woods and brush just wonder if they might hhave been up in there making a buy and was being chased and she got away?

We don't know, Mammy. That info has not yet been released.

http://www.couriernews.com/view/full_story/25531887/article-Court-date-set-for-10-month-old-s-mother

Brooke Floyd is scheduled to appear at 9 a.m. Wednesday in the Yell County Circuit Court on charges of first-degree endangering the welfare of a minor, a felony, and hindering apprehension or prosecution, a misdemeanor, in connection with her husband and son found dead Tuesday in the mountains after they were reported missing for four days.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Selby1974
Back