GUILTY AR - Harper, 10 mos, & Brian Floyd, 33, Ouachita Mountains, 25 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She abandoned the child with his DAD? WTF?
That makes no sense unless they are saying they she knew he was not fit to care for him.
But they don't say that, so once again it makes no sense. :sigh:

"Brooke Floyd was arrested because she abandoned the child with Brian Floyd in the Ouachita Mountains, Gilkey said July 29."
http://5newsonline.com/2014/07/29/missing-infant-and-father-found-dead-in-ouachita-mountains/

Maybe there wasn't another choice?
Impatiently waiting on more information.
My heart goes out to both families.

JMO

http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/...r-baby-father-fo/41784/tmE-cjCxXEq00zrfJX_OlA
This article answers some questions but then opens up a WHOLE bunch more... If its not murder suicide, then what happened???

http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/...r-baby-father-fo/41784/tmE-cjCxXEq00zrfJX_OlA
This article answers some questions but then opens up a WHOLE bunch more... If its not murder suicide, then what happened???

From your link:

The child's mother being called the only person of interest... The Yell County Sheriff says more charges could be possible but that will ultimately be up to the Prosecutor...

According to Sheriff Bill Gilkey, Brooke Floyd is one of three pieces to the case including her husband Brian and son, Harper.

He suggests that no one else would be brought in to the investigation. "At this time I don't foresee that," Sheriff Gilkey answered over the phone Wednesday.

From your link:

"I can tell you that she did nothing to endanger her child that she didn't have to do". "I think she was doing the best she could under the circumstances."

"She didn't beat herself up so someone did." "We're not sure exactly who. We think it was her husband actually."

This is the mothers' attorney speaking above.

This makes me think maybe he had an 'episode' like the one that was reported to have happened on July 21. Thoughts?

If he was having a mental issue, why would she leave Harper behind and not try to save him? Unless Harper was already dead and she had to haul tail it out of there to save herself.

Why all the secrecy surrounding what happend? :gaah:

http://www.4029tv.com/news/police-s...ed-following-truck-breakdown/27163708#!bs7rZu

Gilkey said officials weren't sure whether Brooke Floyd was a suspect or a victim.

She was arrested Friday on charges of endangering the welfare of a child and lying to police, according to a police report.

Tuesday evening, investigators told 40/29 News Brooke Floyd may have been confused when they talked to her, and she is not considered a suspect at this time.

This is still so confusing...

From your link:

This is the mothers' attorney speaking above.

This makes me think maybe he had an 'episode' like the one that was reported to have happened on July 21. Thoughts?

If he was having a mental issue, why would she leave Harper behind and not try to save him? Unless Harper was already dead and she had to haul tail it out of there to save herself.

Why all the secrecy surrounding what happend? :gaah:

Or maybe was beaten and he wouldn't surrender the baby and the only chance she had was to go for help... but then that contradicts the "not a murder suicide" statement...
Every time they release more information it contradicts something else they have said...

I went back and read every news article from the beginning to the end and I'm still confused :waitasec:

wife + husband + baby and the only one alive is the wife.
But LE saying it wasn't a murder suicide, so Brian did NOT killer Harper and then himself.
But, LE doesn't anticipate any more arrest, doesn't suspect anyone else is involved
So, who is left in that equation who is NOT dead?
The wife.
But she's not charged with murder or manslaughter.
So how did Brain and Harper wind up dead?

I think they succumbed to the elements... they had injuries, but it wasn't stated that those injuries were fatal... but that is just IMO. They should hae the autopsy back by now, at least a preliminary report shouldn't they?

Did he have a history of mental illness? They state that this incident happened on July 20 but don't specify what year. If this year, then this happened 5 days before he disappeared.

Not that I knew of, but I know people can change over the years. I would lean towards this being a bad reaction to drugs, as far as the July 20th 'episode'. And they wouldn't be meeting someone that deep in the woods to make a drug transaction. These are the small towns Arkansas...there's plenty of places to do transactions without having to drive off the beaten path.

My personal opinion, and i'm trying to keep an unbiased opinion, is that she will go down for it. Something could have happened to the baby (even by accident) prior to them even going into the woods. They freaked and decided to dump the body and in the process she killed him. I would say they were both dead Friday for sure. If they stayed alive for several days then a crying baby would have been heard. And if Brian (a woodsman) would have stayed alive and able to move (and it was a kidnapping case) then he would have traveled deeper into the woods on foot. If the crime labs are half as good as they are all these TV shows then they should be able to find the cause of death. But I'm leaning towards foul play from the wife. Having a husband that has bad drug episodes is a motive. I don't know why she would kill her own baby though (hence my scenario of an accident).

And look at the mugshot...she's not beaten up. No swelling...no busted lip. Maybe a bruise or two, but nothing like her family and attorney are trying to make people believe.

Could have been blows to the body, broken ribs, kicks, etc that wouldn't show in the mug shot.

And, sometime, bruising takes a while to develop...especially "deep tissue" bruising.

All I know for sure is a baby is dead, and that, irrespective of who/how, is a tragedy no matter what.

Best-
Herding Cats

Snipped:
Not that I knew of, but I know people can change over the years. I would lean towards this being a bad reaction to drugs, as far as the July 20th 'episode'. And they wouldn't be meeting someone that deep in the woods to make a drug transaction. These are the small towns Arkansas...there's plenty of places to do transactions without having to drive off the beaten path.

I agree with this, it would be unlikely and unnecessary for someone to go that deep into the woods for a drug deal..

Did anyone else notice the damage to the truck? The passenger side taillight is HANGING and there are several dents in that fender that appear to be fresh to me, it looks like it slid into a tree or several trees to me (IMO from personal experience off-roading). I wonder if injuries (everyones) could have been sustained from some sort of wreck...

Memorial services scheduled:
http://5newsonline.com/2014/08/01/memorial-service-set-for-dead-greenwood-father-and-son/

My personal opinion, and i'm trying to keep an unbiased opinion, is that she will go down for it. Something could have happened to the baby (even by accident) prior to them even going into the woods. They freaked and decided to dump the body and in the process she killed him. I would say they were both dead Friday for sure. If they stayed alive for several days then a crying baby would have been heard. And if Brian (a woodsman) would have stayed alive and able to move (and it was a kidnapping case) then he would have traveled deeper into the woods on foot. If the crime labs are half as good as they are all these TV shows then they should be able to find the cause of death. But I'm leaning towards foul play from the wife. Having a husband that has bad drug episodes is a motive. I don't know why she would kill her own baby though (hence my scenario of an accident).

Previous MSM articles (cited earlier in the thread) have stated that LE and family members have acknowledged that Brian had a history of MH issues and in the case of the family, articles state they've reported that Brian had been having trouble with his medication.

So, mom is a suspect now? I wouldn't have expected that. Of course I haven't read all the info on this either.

I don't even understand how Mom could have been the guilty party. How far away were rhe bodies and the truck from where Mom was found?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back