GUILTY AR - Harper, 10 mos, & Brian Floyd, 33, Ouachita Mountains, 25 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case looks a little like the Jamison Famliy mystery. LE still has no answers in that case.

I don't even understand how Mom could have been the guilty party. How far away were rhe bodies and the truck from where Mom was found?

I thought the same thing, that she is a victim. Either of a fight that ensued with her husband or a third party attacked all three. I believe she was found lying in a ditch. That looks like she was dumped and left for dead, no?

Not that I knew of, but I know people can change over the years. I would lean towards this being a bad reaction to drugs, as far as the July 20th 'episode'. And they wouldn't be meeting someone that deep in the woods to make a drug transaction. These are the small towns Arkansas...there's plenty of places to do transactions without having to drive off the beaten path.

My personal opinion, and i'm trying to keep an unbiased opinion, is that she will go down for it. Something could have happened to the baby (even by accident) prior to them even going into the woods. They freaked and decided to dump the body and in the process she killed him. I would say they were both dead Friday for sure. If they stayed alive for several days then a crying baby would have been heard. And if Brian (a woodsman) would have stayed alive and able to move (and it was a kidnapping case) then he would have traveled deeper into the woods on foot. If the crime labs are half as good as they are all these TV shows then they should be able to find the cause of death. But I'm leaning towards foul play from the wife. Having a husband that has bad drug episodes is a motive. I don't know why she would kill her own baby though (hence my scenario of an accident).

Sadly I'm leaning towards this. We don't know how hurt the mother was. She could have inflicted her own injuries or perhaps a struggle between her and dad. I don't think it's a random attack. So only two outcomes, mom did it or dad did.

I also don't think the LE would charge mom right now for abandonment, if they didn't have some suspicions. Seems abit cold hearted. We are missing a lot of pieces to this horrible situation.

I don't even understand how Mom could have been the guilty party. How far away were rhe bodies and the truck from where Mom was found?

I heard she was found in Waveland Park, this would be considered rumor BUT I trust the source implicitly ... IMO
Based on that its about 6-7 miles away in my guesstimation.... I think on the map I posted several pages ago Waveland just says "corp of engineer" or something close to that, it is on the eastern side of the lake...

My gut tells me that COD will be exposure related... IMO

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by katydid23

I thought the same thing, that she is a victim. Either of a fight that ensued with her husband or a third party attacked all three. I believe she was found lying in a ditch. That looks like she was dumped and left for dead, no?

My varied thoughts thus far:

• Her husband had another paranoid episode and killed his son & hurt his wife.
  • A total stranger killed the dad and son, and she played dead.
  • Mom did it and said something suspicious to LE which made them detain her under bond.

From this link:

Their bodies were found Tuesday, (July 29) after a four-day search. Investigators said both had injuries.

Sheriff Gilkey, and the prosecuting attorney, Tom Tatum, told 40/29 News Brooke will be considered a suspect until evidence clears her of any involvement.

AND

Gilkey said alcohol and drugs may have been contributing factors in this case.

Of course Gikey could have just as easily said alcohol and drugs may not have been contributing factors, I suppose. His comments have been maddenly vague so far.

I think mom and dad were on drugs and either the infant was already dead of neglect or accident and being dumped, or mom and dad were hallucinating/out of it, and they decide to drive off into the woods. The car crashes, dad and (maybe) infant die, mom wanders to where she is found. Mom is culpable for the drug use that resulted in the death of her husband/son. Husband is culpable too but can't be prosecuted as he is deceased. All jmo.

I think mom and dad were on drugs and either the infant was already dead of neglect or accident and being dumped, or mom and dad were hallucinating/out of it, and they decide to drive off into the woods. The car crashes, dad and (maybe) infant die, mom wanders to where she is found. Mom is culpable for the drug use that resulted in the death of her husband/son. Husband is culpable too but can't be prosecuted as he is deceased. All jmo.

I'm thinking that's a likely scenario. Something close to your description.

Sad, isn't it?

Thank you for this ^ ^ ^

Something that finally makes sense

That is entirely plausible. The one thing that sticks with me, however, is the father was having issues with his psychiatric medications. I wonder if the mother left the baby in his care, and somehow the child died (accident or otherwise) and they were trying to dump the body.

How far away from the crashed truck, was Mom found in the ditch? Was it close enough that she could have walked there on her own?

That is entirely plausible. The one thing that sticks with me, however, is the father was having issues with his psychiatric medications. I wonder if the mother left the baby in his care, and somehow the child died (accident or otherwise) and they were trying to dump the body.
Just jumping off your post..
Really we don't know that he was having trouble with his meds or that he even had mental health condition. Family could have thought it was medical problem when it was drugs or alcohol. Family could have known it was drugs or alcohol but wanted others to think it was mental health problem which would probably be more acceptable to most than drug or alcohol abuse.
I really wish we had the complete story instead of having to wait for it.

JMO

From the above link:
Saucier said the family knew Floyd battled addiction. "They have a pretty high I.Q. in regard to the types of struggles that Brian faced as a young man whose life was of constant battle with addiction. They understand a lot of that," said the pastor.

Investigators with the Yell County Sheriffs Department are calling her a suspect in the deaths of her husband and son.
So they think she possibly killed them both?

I keep wanting to know what was in the backpack. Drugs?

JMO

How far away from the crashed truck, was Mom found in the ditch? Was it close enough that she could have walked there on her own?

Approximately 6-7 miles IMO... The weather here has been 90-100+ with the heat index, I believe it is possible mom walked that distance but if she didn't have adequate water, and was injured it might explain why she was found in a ditch, and also why she was "confused" for a day or two since she wasn't treated for dehydration and hyperthermia and her injuries... all IMO
Of course I also believe her "confusion" could be the investigators not believing her when she initially told them where the truck was at... The sheriff said something to the effect of "I don't understand how they drove a truck to the location" (that is not a direct quote but the gist).. I believe she led them there on Friday and they didn't believe her and didn't check... IMO

:wagon:

to

:websleuther:Websleuths, :websleuther:

:balloons:Seph !!:balloons:

We're glad you're here!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads