GUILTY AR - Harper, 10 mos, & Brian Floyd, 33, Ouachita Mountains, 25 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

From that link:

The Sheriff’s Department said the man and his son were found with injuries. They also said Floyd’s wife is not being considered a suspect at this time.

AND

Floyd’s wife, Brooke Floyd, was arrested a day after the two went missing.

Investigators said she gave authorities bad information, which slowed their search and put her missing baby in danger.

Police now believe Brooke Floyd was confused and cleared her as a suspect at this time.

So...a man with a reported history of mental illness was apparently hallucinating and got arrested for false report. A wife was apparently injured and confused and was arrested for child endangerment, etc.

Next map: How to detour around Yell County.

He got arrested in Sebastian county. (for mapping accuracy) ;)

I still can't tell what happened here in this case. Is the basic thought that Brian had another psychotic episode, drove his truck off the road and through the woods in the wilderness, and then Brooke left to go find help/escape and she was found delirious with cuts and scratches all over her about 6 miles away? And then Brian and Harper died of either murder/suicide or exposure?

:scared:
http://5newsonline.com/2014/07/30/mother-of-infant-found-dead-arrested-and-booked-into-jail-again/

Yell County deputies said the mother of a 10-month-old baby found dead in the Ouachita Mountains has been arrested for a second time in one week and has been booked back into the jail in Dardanelle.
Authorities are not releasing why Brooke Floyd was arrested for a second time, or what charges she faces in connection to the death of her son, Harper, or husband, Brian Floyd.

Wow, this is a confusing case. I was following this yesterday when the ambulance left the seen, but just now found out their bodys have been found.

I wonder if Brooke is still in jail. I sure hope she has an attorney.

I believe the family is working on getting an attorney.
Her family is standing very strongly behind her. :twocents:

Is she in jail or what?
Bolded by me.

http://livewire.4029tv.com/Event/Li..._bodies_of_missing_father_baby_in_Yell_County

Sheriff also says waiting on ME's report to determine cause of death.

by Digital Moderator 2:53 PM

Sheriff Bill Gilkey says drugs and alcohol could have played a role in this case.

by Digital Moderator 2:52 PM

Sheriff says reports that Floyd was "re-arrested" are false.

by Digital Moderator 2:50 PM

Brooke Floyd is still in jail in Yell County. Prosecutor says she went before a judge Tuesday night.

Read more: http://livewire.4029tv.com/Event/Li...sing_father_baby_in_Yell_County#ixzz38z20wfNV

If she hasn't been re-arrested them why was a mugshot taken moments ago? :dunno:
I sure wish these people could get the facts correct and report them that way. :twocents:

She was probably not let go if she hadn't bee 'rearrested'?

She was probably not let go if she hadn't bee 'rearrested'?

Yet there was a quote from the Sheriff saying she'd been released and cleared.
That they believed she was simply confused and didn't intentionally give them bad information.
Now the quote saying she hasn't been re-arrested.
The direct quotes all tell me she was released and is still released.

I think the media simply reported the TIMING of the mugshot wrong.
Though I have to admit the mugshot barely even looks like her at all. :twocents:

I am not going to jump on the 'blame LE' band wagon in this case. I think we are going to find that it was drugs/alcohol related, and not so much a mental health issue, causing the crazy, delusional behaviors. I think he was arrested earlier for 'false reporting' because he was having paranoia from drug use, not from MH issues. jmo :moo:

I am not going to hang the blame for poor Harpers death around the necks of the first responders.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back