GUILTY AR - Jersey Bridgeman, 6, raped & murdered, Bentonville, 20 Nov 2012 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jersey's mom posted the information on fb that she got into a relationship with BT on (iirc) Sep 25, 2012.

It's possible that they knew each other for a while before they started dating, but that still seems like rushing things....especially when kids are involved.

I have two scenarios running through my head.
One is if the kids were left home alone. Can't help it, and don't want to think it but I wonder if mom went to the store to hang out with the boyfriend and someone came in and snatched her, or someone that she knew led her quietly away.
The other is wondering if the boyfriend really was working that night and if he stayed his whole shift if he was. How easy would it be for someone to cover for him if there were really no video.

It seems like most times, young people and no so young people alike, just fall into relationships instantly proclaiming their love. Like and love are two totally different things!

ETA regardless of how one person feels about the other it's never okay to me to just invite them in so easily to be a part of their kids lives. sigh

MOO

It's possible that they knew each other for a while before they started dating, but that still seems like rushing things....especially when kids are involved.
That's not very long ago. For this guy to post how much he loves his "girls" is a bit much, so very soon.
Is there really NO VIDEO at this EZ Mart? Are we sure about that? Sure would be handy right about now.

But if the boyfriend was 'scheduled' 10-7, that would imply a one hour lunch break at about 2 am. Surely they have record of that because another employee would have been there in his absence.

"There's no reason ... for the community to be worried at this point," Capt. Justin Thompson told The Associated Press on Friday. He would not say whether authorities think someone who knew the girl killed her."

This really disturbs me. I don't imagine this statement could be made, unless they felt they knew who killed Jersey. To state that the public need not worry is a huge disclosure, without stating the obvious. Am I wrong to assume this?
I hope that there's an update soon.

Most of the comments here are pretty useless but read one of the last ones, posted in the 25th.

http://.blogspot.de/2012/11/hunt-for-killer-of-6-year-old.html?m=1

One fortunate thing is that in all of her pictures Jersey seems happy and I don't notice any bruising. I'm hopeful that once she was removed from her father that she was able to live her life to the fullest. From what little I've seen of her physically, she was able to up until her demise. I have similar coloring as her and even as a kid I'd bruise at the slightest touch.

I don't have anything to add so I'm just lurking waiting for LE to give us something to chew at.

It is a difficult thing to comprehend, but often, kids still have lots of affection and genuine love for parents that are abusive. We don't know how Jersey really felt about her father and stepmother. She could have still loved them very much. Could someone have lured her out of the house by telling her that her Daddy wanted to see her? I have a 6 year old, a pretty smart one at that, but if he hadn't seen his father in a year, even if his father were in jail, he would jump at the chance to see him. Especially if it were someone that he had known from his dad's house.

I have some serious doubts though, based on the dogs not barking, the size of the house, all kinds of things, but I really don't like to think that someone she knew well and trusted hurt her again.

That's not very long ago. For this guy to post how much he loves his "girls" is a bit much, so very soon.
Is there really NO VIDEO at this EZ Mart? Are we sure about that? Sure would be handy right about now.

We are not sure there is no video. All we know officially, as far as I recall, is that Jersey died in that house sometime between midnight and the time she was found and that people in the community shouldn't worry.

The no-video-at-EZMart info came from me, with a caveat that things may have changed there since my dh managed some years ago. Could be that EZ Mart finally decided to take its employees' safety into account.
: )

I am so suspicious of A Certain Someone, but I also am considering the ideas of a stranger or family friend. If it was a complete stranger, they may never solve this.

Menmo brought up something I hadn't even thought of. Maybe the kids were alone. Maybe DesaRae often went over to sit with BT for a while, thinking it was okay since the kids were so close (c.f. the McCanns). A nefarious co-worker, neighbor, or friend who knew that (hypothetical) routine might take advantage.

But if the boyfriend was 'scheduled' 10-7, that would imply a one hour lunch break at about 2 am. Surely they have record of that because another employee would have been there in his absence.

Hahahaha! Not likely. Overnight lunch at EZMart means you can lay off stocking and cleaning for a while. There would only be one employee working there.

ETA Don't want you to think I'm mocking your post. No, I'm mocking the cheapness and lax security of EZMart.

I just figured they were paid to work through their lunch break eating when they could? I have no idea.
I really, really hope it was not someone she loved and trusted, or even someone she knew.

What I don't understand is, they release this statement on Friday

“There’s no reason ... for the community to be worried at this point,” Capt. Justin Thompson told The Associated Press on Friday. He would not say whether authorities think someone who knew the girl killed her.

Then it's reported they are interviewing registered sex offenders.

I would be very worried if there was a child murdering sex offender on the loose, wouldn't you?

Wonder if they were interviewing them before or after they released that statement.

Just seems a bit strange to me because by saying to the public there is no need to worry, implies to me that they have a suspect that is not yet under arrest. Wonder if they are waiting on evidence?

Again, I think the LE checked out all of the SO's for this case to go to trial. A defense lawyer could put doubt in jurors minds if the were remiss in doing a thorough investigation. jmo

eta, it could be an SO but have my hinky on someone else until more comes out.

What I don't understand is, they release this statement on Friday

“There’s no reason ... for the community to be worried at this point,” Capt. Justin Thompson told The Associated Press on Friday. He would not say whether authorities think someone who knew the girl killed her.

Then it's reported they are interviewing registered sex offenders.

I would be very worried if there was a child murdering sex offender on the loose, wouldn't you?

Wonder if they were interviewing them before or after they released that statement.

Just seems a bit strange to me because by saying to the public there is no need to worry, implies to me that they have a suspect that is not yet under arrest. Wonder if they are waiting on evidence?

I think they have a suspect, and are very confident of his/her guilt, they are only waiting on test results. I would only worry if this drags on much longer with no sign of an arrest, because if the test results have all come back and their suspect is deemed as not being viable. Is LE prepared to eat those words and declare that there might be a killer on the loose?

I am not bashing LE, I am just wondering. I know of some awesome LEO's and PD's that just have a hard time admitting when they are or were wrong.

The dad's address was given in the court documents, and that is the house shown in the news video. http://goo.gl/maps/bVZHK

Not that you can believe them, but the dad and stepmom said they chained Jersey up for three nights, starting just before Thanksgiving. So it's very possible that Jersey was there visiting for Thanksgiving.

In an affidavit/probable cause doc, in the article that you cited in an earlier post, STEADFAST, to wit:

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2011/d...s-arkansas-nwa

it mentions the dresser with a drawer missing, and there is an explanation by the step-mom (?? - IIRC) how the interior area access of the empty drawer in the dresser (shown in the Youtube interview) enabled them to have something to attach the chain to which JB was wearing. It also mentions the messy house, a bong being found, an almost empty vial of meth (according to LE), a strong smell of urine, roaches, etc., etc. So it certainly sounds to me like the photos in the other article about abuse surely had to have been that same house in the pic above. It was the house occupied by her father. Interesting info in the affidavits... Thanks for giving us the pic above and the other link I cited above. S/Fast.

Unfortunately there are a lot of cases where a child with a history of being abused eventually ends up dead.

You're so right, jjenny -- :banghead: -- same with abused wives... <smh>:banghead:

I thought about that, too! Maybe she was trying to get home. She was the only child there who wasn't a child of the stepmother. That can get a child abused sometimes.

Also, with the wandering -- when my brother was little, he used to wander early in the morning. One day a neighbor made himself some eggs, turned to pour himself some coffee, and when he turned around, my brother was eating his eggs. A pedo could have driven by and seen her outside and just taken the opportunity.

bbm - Absolutely, STEADFAST -- that possibility has been in my head for several days.

I have two scenarios running through my head.
One is if the kids were left home alone. Can't help it, and don't want to think it but I wonder if mom went to the store to hang out with the boyfriend and someone came in and snatched her, or someone that she knew led her quietly away.
The other is wondering if the boyfriend really was working that night and if he stayed his whole shift if he was. How easy would it be for someone to cover for him if there were really no video.

It seems like most times, young people and no so young people alike, just fall into relationships instantly proclaiming their love. Like and love are two totally different things!

ETA regardless of how one person feels about the other it's never okay to me to just invite them in so easily to be a part of their kids lives. sigh

MOO

How about this: The children were left alone, yes, but a close neighbor was asked to keep an eye on the house.

Apparently the obvious to me is not the obvious to LE. So, I am going to direct my thinking in a totally different direction. I am beginning to think this case is much more convulted than appears on the surface. Even in the gruesome murder of JR we had some details.

Case of JR: Family was cleared very early on, details of condition of body, pictures of the location, evidence found etc. We were even provided with a profile of sorts.

I guess all LE's work differently, but by them saying there was no danger to anyone it suggests certain things, not being spoken of. I wish I was a fly on the proverbial wall in the offices of the detectives. Hoping for an arrest soon. :banghead: jmo

I've been right there with ya, mck, on the JR case -- and you're so right. LE didn't release a lot of details, really, but it was as you said. After the arrest, many of the details flowed out, as is usual, but we did know a bit, but AFAIK, nothing on that case was compromised.

If we weren't so invested in this case, I guess we wouldn't be so frustrated (right word??)

I've followed a few murder cases in Benton County, and have found that LE there are very stingy with info. You think they have nothing, and then all of a sudden there's an arrest. I'm really afraid, though, of the possibility that this will turn into one of those cases where everybody agrees on who probably did it, but there's never enough evidence to arrest. That would be horrible!

bbm
Good thought, STEADFAST -- and if that's what's cooking, we won't get another drop until someone is arrested & charged... tomorrow or next year -- who knoze??

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marie Rowe
Back