Found Deceased AR - John Glasgow, 45, Little Rock, 28 January 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So do you theorize that someone broke into the house and took him from there? Interesting. I wonder if they had a security system at the time?

No, it's not my opinion that this was "stranger" related.

I wish we knew if his cellphone pinged on any other towers in LR that AM. They must have unless he had his phone turned off...but if he did...the battery may not have drained. Anyone know when they found his car? I know it was time stamped by the tourist photos but it must have taken a while to get the pings from the cell company. But I drive by the CDI office all the time and it isn't far from the Alltel HQ (not sure if verizon aquisition had gone through by then)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saying that because it wouldn't take that long to go to the HQ and get the ping records.
- I think there are absolutely more things the family knows or that other locals know that leads everyone to believe it wasn't suicide. 10000%
I don't recall ever speaking to anyone in LR who were adamant it was suicide. It's like there is a silent consensus.

Saying that because it wouldn't take that long to go to the HQ and get the ping records.

I can't remember who it was in the Disappeared episode that said it (was either someone from work or his brother...it was a man), but someone in the Glasgow camp was personal friends with someone very high up in the Alltel organization, so they were able to get the information quicker than most. Whoever it was said he called the person directly and was able to cut through a lot of red tape and get the information very fast.

I wish we knew if his cellphone pinged on any other towers in LR that AM. They must have unless he had his phone turned off...but if he did...the battery may not have drained. Anyone know when they found his car? I know it was time stamped by the tourist photos but it must have taken a while to get the pings from the cell company. But I drive by the CDI office all the time and it isn't far from the Alltel HQ (not sure if verizon aquisition had gone through by then)

I just went and reviewed the Disappeared episode.

The family asked John's boss, William Clark to call his contact at Alltel, which he did. The first ping was on a LR tower at 5:15 AM, which they said meant that the phone powered up at the same time as the neighbor reported seeing John's car leaving his house.

They did not go into details, but they followed the pings out of the LR area to where the last ping was located about 60 miles west of Little Rock. They stated that the phone would have been within a certain circumference of the tower and they "triangulated" it to a spot that ultimately turned out to be in the Arkansas River. The brother and a friend went to the spot and there were no signs of him, nor was his car in the parking lot of the place along the river banks.

The brother stated that he did not feel that John would have come there, but he looked up and saw Petit Jean mountain in the distance, and told his friend they should go search up there, as John was familiar with Petit Jean. As they were driving all the dirt roads around Petit Jean, the brother received a call from an employee of Mather Lodge stating the car had been found in the parking lot.

They (wife and brother) assume he was just out "hiking it out" because they said it was his way.....to get back to nature just to think.

His car was found on Tuesday, 1/29/2008...the day after his disappearance. But, we know from the tourist's photo that the car had been in the parking lot the day of the disappearance.

Well, given all of this (I haven't had a chance to go back and watch the Disappeared episode), thanks for the summary points, maybe the answer is simple. He was seriously thinking about quitting, i.e. packed up his stuff, decided to go to PJ and hike to think it through before taking any action. The exertion could have brought on a stress-induced heart attack...if the medical investigation finds no broken bones a possibility for sure. Not sure that explains the not making coffee but it could sort of explain the non-shower...

Without too much explanation, I will say this, in a vaguely similar situation, change of power players, through no fault of mine, a few months ago things got unbearable at my job that I have loved for 23 years......I did move some personal furniture out of my office which prompted staff chatter even though I made up an explanation, and "cleaned up" " my desk and computer. I debated hourly for days about just quitting rather than deal with what felt like a seriously unwarranted personal attack. I confronted it head on, things settled down and I'm still here though I don't feel the same about my job or those who employ me. To walk out in the heat of a battle when one has been dedicated to what they do, is a really hard decision to make. Glasgow wanted to be a part-owner of the company. Do you defend your job performance? Or do you go righteous and say, "I'm not putting up with attacks on my character, etc. ? " I could totally see going hiking to think about it...or to not think about it while hiking, with the idea of coming back to the situation with a clearer head. So, I'm still leaning where I started with either accident or homicide.

I tend not to be a conspiracy theorist, but I think Glasgow had more to worry about than just whether or not to leave his job. If accounting fraud was on the table, he ran the risk of being blamed (although as I understand it, he did not have anything to do with the preparation of Dillard's financials and CDI was not a public company) or having someone who was at risk of being blamed very angry with him. I would bet his thoughts during that time included wondering whether to start talking to the SEC about threats that were made to him and pondering whether he and his family were potentially in danger.

True. Earlier I had surmised that perhaps he had gone there to meet SEC or FBI but perhaps, it wasn't that far yet...a pondering of what to do next...quit the job, talk to the SEC about the threats, determine the danger...all would lead to having the laptop, etc. with him while he thought things through....an accident/ill-health could still have befallen him. My understanding of the financial situation is the same as Skigirl posted......ergo accident or homicide

I just went and reviewed the Disappeared episode.

The family asked John's boss, William Clark to call his contact at Alltel, which he did. The first ping was on a LR tower at 5:15 AM, which they said meant that the phone powered up at the same time as the neighbor reported seeing John's car leaving his house.

They did not go into details, but they followed the pings out of the LR area to where the last ping was located about 60 miles west of Little Rock. They stated that the phone would have been within a certain circumference of the tower and they "triangulated" it to a spot that ultimately turned out to be in the Arkansas River. The brother and a friend went to the spot and there were no signs of him, nor was his car in the parking lot of the place along the river banks.

The brother stated that he did not feel that John would have come there, but he looked up and saw Petit Jean mountain in the distance, and told his friend they should go search up there, as John was familiar with Petit Jean. As they were driving all the dirt roads around Petit Jean, the brother received a call from an employee of Mather Lodge stating the car had been found in the parking lot.

They (wife and brother) assume he was just out "hiking it out" because they said it was his way.....to get back to nature just to think.

His car was found on Tuesday, 1/29/2008...the day after his disappearance. But, we know from the tourist's photo that the car had been in the parking lot the day of the disappearance.

on the triangulation - William Clark spoke in a more recent interview (after JG's remains were found) and he stated that Alltel had actually made an error when they triangulated the phone ping at Petit Jean being near the center of the Arkansas River.

Snipped a bit, respectfully.

J.J., not quite sure about what you mean about the one-way trip was just responding to a comment about accessing the mountain...that there is more than one way up and down.

I was thinking that he was planning to go into the woods to kill himself, a one way trip. I know of people who did it and one who was mercifully unsuccessful.

I can't remember who it was in the Disappeared episode that said it (was either someone from work or his brother...it was a man), but someone in the Glasgow camp was personal friends with someone very high up in the Alltel organization, so they were able to get the information quicker than most. Whoever it was said he called the person directly and was able to cut through a lot of red tape and get the information very fast.

Scott Ford, the CEO from Alltel called the Guy from CDI, the son of the man who started it... mind went blank on his name. But that's who got the ping info. A

True. Earlier I had surmised that perhaps he had gone there to meet SEC or FBI but perhaps, it wasn't that far yet...a pondering of what to do next...quit the job, talk to the SEC about the threats, determine the danger...all would lead to having the laptop, etc. with him while he thought things through....an accident/ill-health could still have befallen him. My understanding of the financial situation is the same as Skigirl posted......ergo accident or homicide

In that ID episode, his wife stated that (iirc Friday?) or within a few days of the disappearance, they had a long talk she and JG about their "options".

And for JG to be so punctual, curious as to why it took until 2:30 for someone to see why he wasn't at work. <Possible tho, because he had been their all weekend, they just assumed he was coming in late. But that just brings up more hmmm to me.. he had been their all weekend working.. some things just don't fit. Has to be more to this. Even if its just stuff that wasn't shared publicly. JMO

the only problem is - if John Glasgow actually drove his vehicle to Mather Lodge why didn't search dogs find his scent leading away from the vehicle? They didn't. And that's why I do not believe he drove it/parked it there.

the only problem is - if John Glasgow actually drove his vehicle to Mather Lodge why didn't search dogs find his scent leading away from the vehicle? They didn't. And that's why I do not believe he drove it/parked it there.

A tornado went through the area between the times JG would have been in the area and when the dogs came in.

07/18/2008
11:59 PM PETITION
Entry: PETITION FOR DETERMINATION OF LEGAL INCAPACITY

07/21/2008
11:59 PM ORDER OTHER
Entry: ORDER DECLARING JOHN WILLIAM GLASGOW LEGALLY INCAPACITATED AND GRANTING MELINDA K. GLASGOW TO ASSUME HER DUTIES AS ATTORNEY IN FACT THAT WAS FILED ON 7/15/1996 27/556
https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/c...=P&case_id=60PR-08-1220&begin_date=&end_date=

JG was reported missing Jan 28, 2008...No disrespect intended, it just odd to me that it wasn't fully a 6 month (less that a week being 6 mo) and he was found to be legally incapacitated. I understand the power of attorney stuff, but they didn't know what or where he was at that time. When was it that the buyout or whatever it was called went thru with Dillards? Wasn't it about the time frame of the filing of being incapacitated? And 3 yrs after he disappeared had him declared dead? Why the rush, is just my gut feeling now as it was then. Unless they had reasons to believe he was dead. JMHO.

02/02/2011
04:15 PM PETITION
Entry: PETITION FOR DECLARATION OF DEATH SUBM BY NATE COULTER

02/07/2011
10:55 AM AFFIDAVIT FILED
Entry: AFFIDAVIT OF NATE COULTER

^^ states that the Alltel pings were req on Monday 28th in afternoon, and rec'd on Tues 29th. Last ping was 715am on Monday Jan 28th.
****Also noted in the affidavit, he took his watch with him It goes on to say the law in Arkansas presumes dead if missing five years, but they give reasons why he should be presumed dead after only three... https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/imaging/IMAGES/DMS/CK_Image.Present2?DMS_ID=60100022149008

I guess it makes me think of things like those 3 young ladies who had been kidnapped and held for YEARS, And Jacie Dugard?sp but THANK GOD were found ALIVE!!! I just don't understand the rush to have JG declared deceased, if you only knew he just disappeared. Again no disrespect intended, towards anyone, I just don't understand.

found another photo online of the Red Bluff Dr area where Glasgow's remains were found

Red Bluff Dr area.jpg

07/18/2008
11:59 PM PETITION
Entry: PETITION FOR DETERMINATION OF LEGAL INCAPACITY

07/21/2008
11:59 PM ORDER OTHER
Entry: ORDER DECLARING JOHN WILLIAM GLASGOW LEGALLY INCAPACITATED AND GRANTING MELINDA K. GLASGOW TO ASSUME HER DUTIES AS ATTORNEY IN FACT THAT WAS FILED ON 7/15/1996 27/556
https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/c...=P&case_id=60PR-08-1220&begin_date=&end_date=

JG was reported missing Jan 28, 2008...No disrespect intended, it just odd to me that it wasn't fully a 6 month (less that a week being 6 mo) and he was found to be legally incapacitated. I understand the power of attorney stuff, but they didn't know what or where he was at that time. When was it that the buyout or whatever it was called went thru with Dillards? Wasn't it about the time frame of the filing of being incapacitated? And 3 yrs after he disappeared had him declared dead? Why the rush, is just my gut feeling now as it was then. Unless they had reasons to believe he was dead. JMHO.

02/02/2011
04:15 PM PETITION
Entry: PETITION FOR DECLARATION OF DEATH SUBM BY NATE COULTER

02/07/2011
10:55 AM AFFIDAVIT FILED
Entry: AFFIDAVIT OF NATE COULTER

^^ states that the Alltel pings were req on Monday 28th in afternoon, and rec'd on Tues 29th. Last ping was 715am on Monday Jan 28th.
****Also noted in the affidavit, he took his watch with him It goes on to say the law in Arkansas presumes dead if missing five years, but they give reasons why he should be presumed dead after only three... https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/imaging/IMAGES/DMS/CK_Image.Present2?DMS_ID=60100022149008

I guess it makes me think of things like those 3 young ladies who had been kidnapped and held for YEARS, And Jacie Dugard?sp but THANK GOD were found ALIVE!!! I just don't understand the rush to have JG declared deceased, if you only knew he just disappeared. Again no disrespect intended, towards anyone, I just don't understand.

I had posted earlier about the discrepancy with the watch - the affidavit states he took it with him but the interview with his brother & best friend says the watch was left at home...so who knows which is correct. I was puzzled by the 7/21/2008 legal filing as well...did you notice the time "11:59pm" so it was 1 minute before midnight. very strange

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234
Back