AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My head and stomach are spinning from that report.

Saw on FB the hashtag #19kidsandcancelled. Sounds about right.

Link to report? I'm seeing articles but not sure which is report you are referring to. TIA

What is it they you think about it? Sounds like JD was send somewhere to do some labor for a short period of time. How was he held accountable?

If one of the comments below the Yahoo story is to be believed, his punishment was doing physical labor with a family friend for a couple of months, and Michelle later admitted that no counseling took place. However...it's anonymous comments at Yahoo, so take it with a grain of salt.

If one of the comments below the Yahoo story is to be believed, his punishment was doing physical labor with a family friend for a couple of months, and Michelle later admitted that no counseling took place. However...it's anonymous comments at Yahoo, so take it with a grain of salt.

It's published in msm. They send him to help some guy who was remodeling a building.
You don't have to rely on anonymous comments.

"Asked about the training center that Jim Bob said Josh was sent to, Michelle told police, according to the report, “it was not really a training center. Det. [Darrell] Hignite asked if the guy [redacted, Josh] talked to was a certified counselor. She said no. She said it was a guy they know in Little Rock that is remodeling a building. Det. Hignite asked if the guy was more of a mentor. She said “kind of.”"

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/...leged-sex-offenses-for-more-than-a-year-58906

Disgusting. I hope the victims get some true help and counseling.

I don't understand the decision to continue with the show after the family knew what happened years ago rather than circle together as a family and help the children honestly and privately. I can't imagine the girls being forced to continue with the wholesome show after the parents found out their son was molesting his sisters. That is a complete disregard of what happened to THE GIRLS.

All the talk about modesty and chaperones....while the family was covering up molestation within the family. Get out of there, girls!!

good points!

additionally... Sexual behavior such as Josh's doesn't come out of the blue...

usually the offender has learned this behavior from someone or somewhere....

Hmmmmm :waitasec:

As soon as it broke, it was clear who the victims were going to be. Words fail. It is almost boring at this point to see how consistent it is to have skeletons of such an epic magnitude and an ego to match which causes you to appear on a reality show.

Shame on them for placing these children at risk knowing that this was part of their story.

good points!

additionally... Sexual behavior such as Josh's doesn't come out of the blue...

usually the offender has learned this behavior from someone or somewhere....

Hmmmmm :waitasec:

Should we speculate regarding the ASP family friend doing 56 years for child *advertiser censored* related charges?

It makes me a little sick to think about the things Michelle et al have said about modesty and the need to avoid stirring male desires (because, you know, men just can't help it...)

[modsnip]

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids...og/michelle-duggar-modesty-and-bathing-suits/

We typically don't go to the beach in the summertime. And in general we don't do a lot of swimming events where swimming suits are worn because it's just too hard for the guys to try to keep their eyes averted in those situations.

I can't help wondering if, with such a mindset in the family, one way or another those girls haven't been made guilty about having been victimized. Because it's just too hard for guys to keep their hands and eyes to themselves if the females dress or sleep too provocatively or whatever and we're responsible for stirring up desires.

Just to clarify -- this link isn't about the horrid Duggar show being cancelled, but Oprah cancelling an episode of her show in which they were to be featured, after learning about the sexual assaults back in 2006.

I was momentarily excited.

Interesting conversation with a legal analyst on CNN. Since Josh is now an adult and the statute of limitations has passed, nothing can legally be done to him. HOWEVER, charges could possibly be brought against his parents for a lack of adequate action with regards to his criminal activities (not sugar-coating it, that's what it is, criminal).

Going to be very interesting to see how this plays out. IMO.

I am most concerned about Anna and her children. Anna did respond she knew about the incidents prior to marrying Josh. Even scarier is they were never alone together to have a private conversation prior to marrying. What is so sad about Anna's situation is she doesn't really have a way out if she finds out Josh is not rehabilitated. She will soon have 4 children and very little ability to support them. Josh no longer has a job to support the family. Would her parents let her come back home?

It makes me a little sick to think about the things Michelle et al have said about modesty and the need to avoid stirring male desires (because, you know, men just can't help it...)

[modsnip]
http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids...og/michelle-duggar-modesty-and-bathing-suits/

I can't help wondering if, with such a mindset in the family, one way or another those girls haven't been made guilty about having been victimized. Because it's just too hard for guys to keep their hands and eyes to themselves if the females dress or sleep too provocatively or whatever and we're responsible for stirring up desires.

Definitely what's going on. They follow the teachings of Gothard and some of the materials hey likely embraced included a manual on dealing with this sort of thing. It featured the tale of a family whose brother molested his sisters. Lessons learned by the mother? No diaper changing by brothers. No little kids running around naked. Girls should dress modestly. Etc. I will try to find a link.

I always thought the fact that Duggars side hug with their own family members to be weird. Now it makes sense. God forbid a girl front hugs her own father or brothers. The "temptation" would be too much for the males to bear. Ick.

As soon as it broke, it was clear who the victims were going to be. Words fail. It is almost boring at this point to see how consistent it is to have skeletons of such an epic magnitude and an ego to match which causes you to appear on a reality show.

Shame on them for placing these children at risk knowing that this was part of their story.

Of course it was clear. It's not like JD had access to underaged females other than relatives.

Definitely what's going on. They follow the teachings of Gothard and some of the materials hey likely embraced included a manual on dealing with this sort of thing. It featured the tale of a family whose brother molested his sisters. Lessons learned by the mother? No diaper changing by brothers. No little kids running around naked. Girls should dress modestly. Etc. I will try to find a link.

I always thought the fact that Duggars side hug with their own family members to be weird. Now it makes sense. God forbid a girl front hugs her own father or brothers. The "temptation" would be too much for the males to bear. Ick.

Sounds like what they should have done is equip the doors with locked and tell them to lock themselves up at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx