AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also posted the entire police report in my initial post about it, if that one is deleted.

Yeah. The ages of the girls- likely between 8-13, is scary.

This occurred 12 years ago and one of the victims is still a minor.
(Someone who is still a minor is fighting to have the records destroyed.)
6 years or younger for at least one of them as far as I can tell.

It's been over 20 years since I provided Counselling Services to pedophiles. Much has changed over the years with approaches yet several things remain the same. IMO one thing that remains the same is they are and remain a pedophile and will re offend. Will he? Hard to say given there is such much we don't know.
ETA- I cant comment on Josh specifically as I never had a Client with an upbringing like Josh's and certainly not one who had strong religious convictions. Now that he is grown will this be enough?

I don't understand the decision to continue with the show after the family knew what happened years ago rather than circle together as a family and help the children honestly and privately. I can't imagine the girls being forced to continue with the wholesome show after the parents found out their son was molesting his sisters. That is a complete disregard of what happened to THE GIRLS.

All the talk about modesty and chaperones....while the family was covering up molestation within the family. Get out of there, girls!!

^^this angers me more than any other part of the story.

Protecting the male molester with zero regard for the well-being of the female victims.

Disgusting. I hope the Duggar parents are charged with neglect. I already thought they were awful parents for having children raise children. This just cements my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9EHoD4Rhv0

They're talking about parenting and being a safe place for children to to tell the parents anything, trusting that the parents won't be shocked and make it a prayer issue at the church, teaching them to not touch things that aren't theirs, to control their anger, teaching first time obedience and having to ask forgiveness if they're slow to respond to their mother's commands etc.

Somehow it upsets me that kids can get molested in that house and not allowed to express anger.

Just to clarify dates... this occurred at least a few years BEFORE the show started in 2008.
So they signed on to DO this show knowing this skeleton was in the closet.
That is somehow worse to me than continuing it after it happened if that had been the case.

BBM Besides the actual crime...because let's face it, these were criminal acts...the fact that they did this upsets me greatly. Why would you put the victims out there and risk others finding out...as they have?

Also mentioned in the report JB caught JD coming out of the bedroom in 2003 and had his friend the LE officer have a talk with JD. The LE friend is the same guy doing 68 years for child *advertiser censored*.

Probably gave JD a few tips.....I am fuming....

I do believe this whole thing will lead to the end of the Duggars on TLC...kinda like Honey Boo Boo, after all those allegations.

Yeah, I heard that Momma is speaking out...saying that at least she didn't have her poc on the show. Just brilliant!

Wow....Mike Huckabee....I don't know much about him, except now I know that he's delusional.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...g-molestation-allegations/?wprss=rss_national

“Josh’s actions when he was an underage teen are as he described them himself, ‘inexcusable,’ but that doesn’t mean ‘unforgivable,’ ” Huckabee said in a statement posted on Facebook Friday. “He and his family dealt with it and were honest and open about it with the victims and the authorities. No purpose whatsoever is served by those who are now trying to discredit Josh or his family by sensationalizing the story.”

You know, I always sort of liked Mike Huckabee.

We couldn't be farther apart in ideologies, but I respect the way he holds his own against people like Bill Maher and Steven Colbert. He seemed like someone who was comfortable in his belief system without needing to force others to subscribe.

But now I think I agree that Huckabee is off his ever-lovin' rocker.

BBM Besides the actual crime...because let's face it, these were criminal acts...the fact that they did this upsets me greatly. Why would you put the victims out there and risk others finding out...as they have?
$$$, perhaps?

Truly sad...and sick...JD probably would never have received any counseling if it hadn't been for the one victim who was NOT a family member. JMO

consider that he was just a "regular" abuser rather than a pedophile. But I'm really reconsidering given the ages involved, especially of the youngest victim. And if he was just sexually frustrated or curious or whatever and he was an otherwise normally developed 15 yr old, he would not be interested in pre-pubescent females. Or at least it doesn't seem so to me-I'm not an expert on this stuff but I have do have 2 16 yr old boys and there's no way in heck they and their friends would be sexually interested in little girls-course they're sports nuts and not really interested in girls at all but you get my point. Doesn't this point more to pedophilia? In which case isn't it highly probable he is a continuing danger as isn't pedophilia something incredibly hard to stop without some kind of extensive intervention which he obviously didn't get.

I'm just so mad about the girls in the family who were probably forced to minimize their abuse and just "forgive" and get it over with so the family media brand could be retained unblemished.

Not to mention were any laws or mandated protocols broken here? How was it never investigated by a child protective agency? Did the *advertiser censored* cop manage to deep six the file? Isn't not acting on sexual abuse of your children also a cause for investigation-like even NOW? They keep staying the SOL has run, fine, that's for criminal charges, but shouldn't child protective services still look into this now to make sure the girls are OK, at least the minor ones? Did Jim Bob ever even really "report" it? Or did he just go talk to his buddy who took a report and filed it away? I guess that would be on the cop/law enforcement rather than JB even though JB only went to someone he was buddies with and only after a significant period of time. Regardless of why it was never referred to protective services back then it obviously should have been and there's limitations period on child welfare is there?

Certainly after being disciplined over the first incidents he knew it was wrong but he did it again, several times.

I hope Anna is watching their kids like a hawk.

Where are his hands....? :D

https://twitter.com/joshduggar/status/571122758685462528/photo/1

B-0JHk-VIAIsX8B.jpg
[/QUOTE]

According to the report he apologized for not only committing the acts, but for his motives. So it was a whole lot more than, sorry I won't do it again, IMO.

Truly sad...and sick...JD probably would never have received any counseling if it hadn't been for the one victim who was NOT a family member. JMO

He didn't GET counseling... or if he did I have seen no verification of it.
He went to work for a family friend. The only mention of counseling is in Josh's apology. :twocents:

I never saw where he did receive counseling, I thought in the police report Michelle said he had not that they had sent him away for a few months to help someone with a building project

I never saw where he did receive counseling, I thought in the police report Michelle said he had not that they had sent him away for a few months to help someone with a building project

Yes, that's what they did. She later admitted that no counseling took place.

She may but I feel she will stay with Josh simply due to her belief system and pressure from his Family. Prolly telling her to pray harder!! If she ever wanted/needed out I think she would seek help from her own Family. Now Cousin Amy is a different story. She seems like a little firecracker. Rebel with a cause if she does speak out LOL. IMO

You know, I've spent far too much of my morning thinking about this...but in retrospect, I do believe you're right. She is likely not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah