AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People can be forgiving - plenty of people in the public eye have redeemed themselves after a fall.

But what the public does not tolerate are:

Child molestation
Incest
Hypocrisy

Josh hit the jackpot.

How many of us would even want to live in a society where this particular triangle could be instantly shrugged off as "no biggie, everyone does it, we're all just as bad so no one can throw any stones..."?

i can't believe you honestly just said this........i don't even know how to respond.......smh..........

My apologies!! What I meant was that the Duggars live in the South and that I'm not in the same area. I was trying to say that this Daddy-likes-long-hair thing isn't an attitude just in the Duggar area or just among fundamentalists. I've experienced the same attitude far away from the places and people we are discussing on this thread.

I really meant nothing more than that.

I am still curious about TLC's vetting process. The info was available on the Duggar's and also available on the Honey Boo Boo story. Are you telling me Harpo productions didnt reach out to TLC? TLC didnt investigate "Alice's" statements in 2007? A little bit of digging would have brought it to light.

I am highly skeptical that they didnt receive tips throughout the years.

You see pictures and articles about the older girls a lot, with them marrying and having kids. They all have pretty long hair, I had no idea there was home permanents and curling irons going on. I didn't even know they made like Toni Home Permanents anymore, my mom would torture me with them when I was little LOL I can't imagine a husband/father deciding on the hairstyle, my husband doesn't even notice, I could get all my hair cut off and it may take hours for him to even notice. :rolleyes: Can the boys wear their hair anyway they want, within reason? I'm just fascinated by this type of home life. I grew up with religion, and went to Catholic schools, but we were like heathens compared to the Duggars.

The girls do have beautiful hair. Now. They no longer apply copious amounts of mousse with that gawd awful scrunchy wet look. Even Josh's wife Anna evolved from that hair time warp.

Well I take it back, there apparently are some people who would like to live in a world where incestuous abuse of a five year old can be shrugged off as a no biggie.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/mom...duggar-was-playing-doctor-so-leave-him-alone/'

Responding to criticism of the Christian “Quiverfull” movement, the wife of a Texas pastor who promotes the “be fruitful, and multiply” philosophy, took to Facebook to explain that admitted child-molester Josh Duggar was “playing doctor” as a teen and should be “left alone to live a good life.”
“Vyckie, this is actually Pat’s wife, Carrie. You women want parity in the board room and you want equal wages all the way up the ladder, but when it comes to taking responsibility and being equal in other areas, it is always the man’s fault or responsibility. How many women bait, hit first, but are seldom arrested for abuse………….?” she wrote.

“When I was a kid, it was often called ‘playing doctor’, there were just as many girls initiating this kind of behavior as boys. Most of those never went on to perp horrible things, ” she explained. “The Duggers, who I have never watched–am not a fan, did it properly and the 14 year old boy should probably be left alone to live a good life, just like girls who do the same thing.”

It is all the feminists' fault...

I believe I am the one who brought up the idea that one or more of the children might be gay. I was not in any way speculating about any individual. I was going strictly by statistics about the percentage of people that are gay.

Just wanted to make that clear.

I have been waiting for this ;)

Knock, knock....is anyone at the Justice Department interested in this? Because the Legislature isnt. Harris wasnt even forced to step down.

Guess what-you cant pray this stuff away. This is institutionalized. I can only hope that the major media organizations have some desire to do some extensive reporting on all of this and all of these people...this is a tip of the iceberg situation imvho.

Did you know?? I never knew that the Duggars lived in Arkansas or that they had any political experience. But when this thread came up and Arkansas was mentioned over and over, I couldn't help thinking about Rep Justin Harris. (to be clear....I'm sure every state has it's equal share of weirdos in it's legislature...both parties)

I'm ready to start a flow chart on all the power people in these situations. I'm sure this is NOT a Britanny Woods situation, but it's weird that so many important people seemed to have child abuse backgrounds....

Does TLC not even bother to dig a little before they put a show on. Five shows now, three I've never watched. I'll confess I've watched Honey Boo Boo more than once, I couldn't help myself on a marathon one day. I know what Mama June did, and maybe still is dating a child molester, but that show went off pretty fast. People may not agree, but at least with the Honey Boo Boo family you pretty much get what you expect. I'm sure they embellish, but if I had to pick what family to live with, I would pick them over the Duggars. I can't even believe I'm saying that. At least they look like they have fun, if you consider going to a fair and bobbing for pig feet, fun. I'm still stunned by that.

You see pictures and articles about the older girls a lot, with them marrying and having kids. They all have pretty long hair, I had no idea there was home permanents and curling irons going on. I didn't even know they made like Toni Home Permanents anymore, my mom would torture me with them when I was little LOL I can't imagine a husband/father deciding on the hairstyle, my husband doesn't even notice, I could get all my hair cut off and it may take hours for him to even notice. :rolleyes: Can the boys wear their hair anyway they want, within reason? I'm just fascinated by this type of home life. I grew up with religion, and went to Catholic schools, but we were like heathens compared to the Duggars.

Not compared to some of them...

Did you know?? I never knew that the Duggars lived in Arkansas or that they had any political experience. But when this thread came up and Arkansas was mentioned over and over, I couldn't help thinking about Rep Justin Harris. (to be clear....I'm sure every state has it's equal share of weirdos in it's legislature...both parties)

I'm ready to start a flow chart on all the power people in these situations. I'm sure this is NOT a Britanny Woods situation, but it's weird that so many important people seemed to have child abuse backgrounds....

And Zimmerman was....

"Appointed by Governor Mike Huckabee and served on the Arkansas Coalition for Juvenile Justice, 1999-2005

Appointed by Governor Mike Huckabee and served on the Criminal Detention Facility Review Committee, 1995-1998"

http://staceyzimmermanjuvenilejudge.com/

Sorry if this info has already been posted.

Not sure if posted.

http://www.nj.com/parenting/index.s...center_of_the_child_sexual_abuse_scandal.html

What we can all learn from Josh Duggar: 8 truths at the center of the child sexual abuse scandal
These allegations and admissions are not about politics. If you feel compelled to check a known child molester's political party affiliation prior to formulating an opinion, there is a problem with priorities.
...This is not about stated values. Values are not about words but actions.
...1. Child molestation is not an innocent mistake.
...2. Child sexual abuse is most often committed by a person the victim knew.
...3. There are real, forgotten victims here
...4. The majority of sexual offenders remain free of conviction.
...5. Treatment matters.
...6. Hypocrisy is a boomerang.
...7. Assumptions are dangerous. Defenders of Josh Duggar claim that he has changed. Being a father of four children, riding a high horse of righteous morality, standing on a soapbox selling political rhetoric, and admitting a truth that has remained hidden for over six years when you are cornered, is not sufficient evidence that you have changed. Very few people know what happens behind closed doors.
8. As a society, we have power.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...vangelicals-view-the-duggars-its-complicated/
How do evangelicals view the Duggars? It’s complicated.
“I think the big issue about them is whether they’re seen as any type of role model. In broad strokes, some would say: ‘Hey, I love what they’re doing, trusting God, putting priority on family, saying faith is important.’ Another group would say: ‘In no way shape or form do they represent me and my friends because who does this?” said Timothy Muehlhoff, a communications professor at the evangelical Biola University, where he directs their Center for Marriage & Relationships.
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/25/entertainment/josh-duggar-tlc-show-cancel-feat/
Washington Post TV critic Hank Stuever writes that while the initial response might be for the Duggar show to disappear, he thinks TLC should actually use the opportunity to put some reality into reality television.

"Now is the time for TLC to double down and have the courage to present America, at last, with a truly unscripted show about a family enduring a crisis largely of its own making," he writes. "Life is not what it quite seems at the Duggar compound — but who ever watched that show and sincerely thought it was always that perfect?"

I'm sure it would be interesting TV but doubt the victims would like to discuss their experiences on TLC.

I'm kind of flabbergasted that there's now radio silence on this situation. There seemed to be a mad dash to get it out to the public a few days ago, and now....crickets. It's not even making the news, anymore. Maybe there's just nothing more to say.

And Zimmerman was....

"Appointed by Governor Mike Huckabee and served on the Arkansas Coalition for Juvenile Justice, 1999-2005

Appointed by Governor Mike Huckabee and served on the Criminal Detention Facility Review Committee, 1995-1998"

http://staceyzimmermanjuvenilejudge.com/

Sorry if this info has already been posted.

This is the kind of info I want to see.....at least we can shift focus from the poor girls....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper