AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the Duggar (parents) interview was orchestrated to attempt to get sympathy from the segment of the population that doesn't know all the details or actually read the reports. They were probably coached on how to spin the lies and act like victims to garner sympathy and support and they will succeed with those that are ignorant to all the facts.

I find it very strange that after what Josh did, the parents altered the entire home and household rules (so they say) because of Josh's actions. That's how this family lives though. They restrict and isolate their children because of "others" roaming eyes or whatever. They are in essence punished, not for their actions, but because of others actions or potential actions. The offenders should be the ones punished and restricted. This family sends a horrible message and that message also enables offenders from taking full responsibility.

I really hate that the sisters are having to go through this. I don't like that they are going to do this interview and minimize what happened. The minimizing of their brothers and parents actions on national television, is NOT good. I highly doubt they have received any counseling on sexual assault and they really don't understand at this point and time, for a variety of reasons.

I also believe that the entire family is most likely in panic mode, wondering how they are going to survive without the income and whatever they say is going to be geared toward damage control.

Sadly, I suspect that once the TLC bucks stop the Duggar family and its related kin will board the gravy train of paid speaking engagements, thanks to the people you describe in your first sentence. There are plenty of churches and hate groups eager and willing to hear how liberal America waged war on the Duggars - and by extension, fundamental Christianity. Stupid is as stupid does. MOO.

The interview tonight will be the same garbage soft-ball fest as the interview with their parents. I do not for one instant expect them to be any more frank.

Anna apparently was led to believe that it was something that happened when he was very young and only once. I believe there is an article that I linked to yesterday that discussed what her options might be at this point, considering that she has two daughters that she has to be worried about but at the same time has four children and very little in the way of marketable job skills. it was also mentioned that they may have a covenant marriage. In a covenant marriage, the standards required to secure a divorce are much higher than in an ordinary marriage.

I'm sure after praying with Josh about it Anna will realize that her memory of what Josh told her was incorrect and he had in fact confessed all, and when they prayed about it together at the time she felt God's warmth embrace them and she knew then, as she knows now that God had healed Josh and forgiven him.

Also, I know the Duggars aren't Catholic .. but wouldn't lying in front of a national audience in order to continue to hold yourself up as moral authority, for money, break a number of deadly sins and qualify you for one of the nine circles of hell? If they truly believe in God, shouldn't they really stop sinning in regards to this issue? Or is there some kind of clause in their thinking where lying on camera isn't really lying, and you're allowed to lie about family secrets which really should have been sealed and swept under the rug?

So I watched it all last night I kept my nerves in check the entire time but lost my mind at so close to the end. Up till this point I wrote down notes to tell my mom who does not have cable. Most of my anger went towards my notes in big bold letters and angry doodles. The part that sent me off my rocker was

From transcript link posted earlier.

I replayed it 5 times to make sure I heard right, that they used the word children. Even then today when I saw the link to the transcript I thought you know what you had to have heard that wrong. So I looked and sure enough my ears heard right and they were not taken over by my dislike for these parents. They heard the word "children" spoken as if the girls held some part of the blame.
He did not say " one " of our children? WOW ! I half heartedly transcribed it the other night and added the ' one of ' our children. That is so gross.

Many people, the Duggars especially, insist that G-d has forgiven Josh for the sins of his youth. Did JimBob and Michelle get the 4-1-1 directly from G-d? How do they, or anyone else for that matter, know for a fact that Josh has been forgiven? None of us will know our status with G-d until we pass from this earth and face Him for the ultimate judgment. :moo:

So I watched it all last night I kept my nerves in check the entire time but lost my mind at so close to the end. Up till this point I wrote down notes to tell my mom who does not have cable. Most of my anger went towards my notes in big bold letters and angry doodles. The part that sent me off my rocker was

From transcript link posted earlier.

I replayed it 5 times to make sure I heard right, that they used the word children. Even then today when I saw the link to the transcript I thought you know what you had to have heard that wrong. So I looked and sure enough my ears heard right and they were not taken over by my dislike for these parents. They heard the word "children" spoken as if the girls held some part of the blame.

".....acts of OUR CHILDREN......"

Sounds plural to me.

He did not say " one " of our children? WOW ! I half heartedly transcribed it the other night and added the ' one of ' our children. That is so gross.

Unless the transcriber of her show and myself completely missed it I do not think so. I had to listen over and over to make sure I heard right. If that was just a misspoken word then they really need to rehearse their scripted lines over and make sure they use proper wording. Going off what their religion teaches its not far off to think they blame the girls.

Anna apparently was led to believe that it was something that happened when he was very young and only once. I believe there is an article that I linked to yesterday that discussed what her options might be at this point, considering that she has two daughters that she has to be worried about but at the same time has four children and very little in the way of marketable job skills. it was also mentioned that they may have a covenant marriage. In a covenant marriage, the standards required to secure a divorce are much higher than in an ordinary marriage.

Not necessarily. Were they married in Arkansas? Only in three states, is covenant marriage a legal distinction. If she leaves the church, her divorce can be granted the same as any couple in Arkansas. If she wishes to stay in the church, they can really put the pressure on and make a woman stay.

Many people, the Duggars especially, insist that G-d has forgiven Josh for the sins of his youth. Did JimBob and Michelle get the 4-1-1 directly from G-d? How do they, or anyone else for that matter, know for a fact that Josh has been forgiven? None of us will know our status with G-d until we pass from this earth and face Him for the ultimate judgment. :moo:

Well, some people and religions believe in modern day prophets, visions, and God, Jesus, the Holy Ghost, dead prophets etc., communicating with their humble followers.
I'm not even going to name the different "dead people" and deities who came to my gramps on the grounds of the Mesa LDS Temple while he was in the Temple Presidency to give him advice or ask to be baptized by proxy.
And if you asked my mom, she's had the 411 to God, Jesus, and J. Smith since she was 9 years old. They even instructed her what church to be baptized in. :facepalm:

So if we want to go "irrational", get yourself convicted (everyone knows Jesus can be found in prison) or fast and pray (that's not your body and/or brain screaming "FOOD!", no, it one of the Trinity or whoever you're trying to get an answer from) and you too can have a hotline to the Guy upstairs.

If I couldn't laugh about it, I'd be in a padded room.

Well, some people and religions believe in modern day prophets, visions, and God, Jesus, the Holy Ghost, dead prophets etc., communicating with their humble followers.
I'm not even going to name the different "dead people" and deities who came to my gramps on the grounds of the Mesa LDS Temple while he was in the Temple Presidency to give him advice or ask to be baptized by proxy.
And if you asked my mom, she's had the 411 to God, Jesus, and J. Smith since she was 9 years old. They even instructed her what church to be baptized in. :facepalm:

So if we want to go "irrational", get yourself convicted (everyone knows Jesus can be found in prison) or fast and pray (that's not your body and/or brain screaming "FOOD!", no, it one of the Trinity or whoever you're trying to get an answer from) and you too can have a hotline to the Guy upstairs.

If I couldn't laugh about it, I'd be in a padded room.
BBM - Don't tell my sister-in-law that, because she's convinced she's the one with the direct hotline to Jesus. :gaah:

BBM - Don't tell my sister-in-law that, because she's convinced she's the one with the direct hotline to Jesus. :gaah:

:facepalm:.......it's so nice to know I'm not alone with this! :floorlaugh:

Once when I was really sick as a little kid I thought I saw a glowing yellowish triangle hovering over my bed, well that was quickly interpreted as the holy trinity, and I was rushed off to the family priest where he fast-tracked my confirmation so I could be a god mother to my youngest cousin (by age 11)! Coming out as an atheist by 15 has meant I've been held in suspicion by my mother ever since ;)

Isn't it close to 8:00 pm on the east coast? Really don't have a clue cause Az doesn't do Daylight Saving's time.

Have that special link for everybody..........http://www.hulkuss.com/watch-fox-news-live-streaming/

ETA..........nope must be another hour, the Faux twin to Brian Williams is on, er, Bill O'Riely (howeveryouspellit)

I love it. The godless liberals don't cotton to child sex abuse. The world is going to he** in a hand basket.

Did any of you notice the flowers around them in the interview? I wonder if huckabee and the other republican candidates sent them flowers of support. Or maybe the police dept. sent them as apologies. Hahahah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, so now it appears there's a new family in town - the Willis family. How do they compare to the Duggars? Hard to tell. They're Christians, have 12 kids (all J-named), they homeschool and belong to a small "home church."

Unlike the Duggars the girls wear jeans and the kids compete in dance and music competitions. And while they don't watch much television they do listen to non-Christian music. In fact, the show seems to center around their attempt to break into the music industry.

They've cut three CD's. From their web site:

Many people know we love other genres of music and have been waiting for us to release our Irish pop music, merging our drums, bass, and electric guitars with our Irish traditional instruments. We also feature a little synth and a whole lot of orchestration. Finally, the Clan gets to reveal a bigger picture of our music.

Inspired by other Irish pop acts such as U2 and the Corrs, we think you will hear their influence in our music. This doesn’t mean we are abandoning our other genres. We are planning more albums in the older genres. However, we also have even more genres still to reveal. So there is a lot still to come.

Now, as a fiddler who plays traditional Irish, Scottish and Cape Breton music all I can say is... um, no. But the family describes themselves as "quiet Christians," so if that means they plan to keep their noses out of other people's lives then it's okay by me, I just won't be rushing to buy their CD's.

Oh and they claim that the homeschool classes include academics and logic so I'm crossing my fingers that this latest jumbo-sized family show will be something other than Duggar redux.

http://www.thewillisclan.com/Home.html
http://www.bustle.com/articles/8102...-stars-give-the-duggars-a-run-for-their-money
http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/the-willis-family/
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-show-family-with-12-children-has-q/?page=all

Is it on? Where's SCHMAE? I don't wanna watch it. :( I need a play by play... Wah...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member