AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do feel for Jessa and Jill. Not only because they were victims but due to their belief system they don't see or get the dynamics of this crime. Maybe that's a good thing for them in the long run given the bubble world they live. My biggest concern is the fact that Josh has never had a Professional Assessment. So what is he today? His Parents can profess all the safeguards etc. they want. They are not Professionals nor equipped to handle this. As this Family fades from the public eye will there be further victims? I wonder if the babysitter is of an age that could still launch a civil case? I believe I heard Lisa Bloom state she had to be under 21. I don't get these laws????

Have they specifically named what counseling Josh and they received? IOW an actual description and not vague. Like the name of the place where Josh went and whether the girls received therapy from a psychologist, etc.

They just say professional, licensed counseling where they talked about things. To get closure.

One thing they haven't mentioned is dealing with any feelings. But maybe they just don't want to talk about it at that depth in public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is, if these girls don't address this issue properly they are in danger of the pattern continuing to repeat in generations of this family to come, they all need a major intervention to stop the cycle IMO.

I need to watch it again. But did it seem like they said this counselling they had was in the past two weeks?

Maybe it's just me, but Jill seems genuinely upset...like the cuts were deeper and still there with her. Jessa seems to have accepted it just as their parents presented it. I don't get that with Jill. I feel entirely badly and sad for them both, but she breaks my heart a little more.

Maybe it's just me, but Jill seems genuinely upset...like the cuts were deeper and still there with her. Jessa seems to have accepted it just as their parents presented it. I don't get that with Jill. I feel entirely badly and sad for them both, but she breaks my heart a little more.

Maybe because Jill was old enough to more fully understand? And maybe 12 year olds don't sleep as soundly as 9 year olds?

I also caught that Jessa called josh sly. Interesting choice of words. I don't want to, but I really, really like her.

They just say professional, licensed counseling where they talked about things. To get closure.

One thing they haven't mentioned is dealing with any feelings. But maybe they just don't want to talk about it at that depth in public.

Thank you - that's a relief! I assume it occurred after the police report was made but if CPS getting involved led to them finally getting help then the whistle blower did them a favor even if they don't understand that right now.

I need to watch it again. But did it seem like they said this counselling they had was in the past two weeks?

I didn't get that, but Megyn kelly did jump from counseling to how hard have the last two weeks been for them.

I am certain that this did not take place. A professional/licensed counselor is a mandatory/mandated reporter in Arkansas.

Oh, I hope not! I assumed it was during the CPS intervention in 2006. :(

I am certain that this did not take place. A professional/licensed counselor is a mandatory/mandated reporter in Arkansas.

Good point. And they clearly had the professional licensed part on their talking points. But really how would they know as children? They may just assume their parents are telling the truth about that now.

If the parents have lied to their daughters about any aspect of this situation, God help them.

After watching this interview, I do feel a lot of empathy and understand that these girls feel re-victimized by the public release of the reports and ensuing media firestorm. That part is very sad.

That said, their parents need to take responsibility for putting them in the position to begin with. They knew these skeletons were ratting around in the depths of their family closet. I don't believe for a minute they were naive enough to not realize this was a HUGE risk when they agreed to put their family out in the public eye espousing Christian beliefs, especially fundamentalist beliefs that are intolerant of other lifestyles.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but didn't the incident with Oprah - the letter she received disclosing the molestation, immediately turned over to authorities and subsequently axed her planned interview - didn't that happen BEFORE their reality show was launched? If so, then they (Jim Bob & Michelle) should take full responsibility for what is now happening to these girls and feel terribly ashamed for putting them in this risky situation.

wow. The girls do present themselves better than their parents, but they are saying the exact same things that their parents said the other night. Sometimes they are repeating their parents words verbatim, in contradiction with what is in the police reports. This seems so clearly rehearsed, and the story they are telling is just not believable.

I think their denial and minimization of the molestation could be dangerous for other victims, because it could encourage other victims to minimalize and rationalize abuse.

I'm confused at the reasoning for Jessa to say this: "Bauer Media, the parent company of the tabloid is a major *advertiser censored* provider".

I don't think she understands that *advertiser censored* is legal, but child molestation is not legal.

I feel sorry for the girls, but I would hate for them to be featured in a spinoff, for fear that little girls would see them as role models.

Is it on? Where's SCHMAE? I don't wanna watch it. :( I need a play by play... Wah...

I've actually opted to not watch the girls' interview tonight . I'm sad for them and want to ' respect' in my own tiny way the side show aspect of it , I guess. I fear they've been heavily manipulated into this and I want no part of it. But I'm about to catch up on comments. I just didn't want to witness this part . :(

Beach, if this isn't correct, you will change it. I'd love to hear from Anna, Jana, & Jinger as well.

This family should exist only in the short stories of, say, Eudora Welty or Flannery O'Connor -- particularly M.F.O'C.'s work, as she'd make short hilarious violent shrift of the Duggar clan. If only it were all merely fiction....here, the raw material is certainly and abundantly at hand.

wow. The girls do present themselves better than their parents, but they are saying the exact same things that their parents said the other night. Sometimes they are repeating their parents words verbatim, in contradiction with what is in the police reports. This seems so clearly rehearsed, and the story they are telling is just not believable.

I think their denial and minimization of the molestation could be dangerous for other victims, because it could encourage other victims to minimalize and rationalize abuse.

I'm confused at the reasoning for Jessa to say this: "Bauer Media, the parent company of the tabloid is a major *advertiser censored* provider".

I don't think she understands that *advertiser censored* is legal, but child molestation is not legal.

I feel sorry for the girls, but I would hate for them to be featured in a spinoff, for fear that little girls would see them as role models.
You seem to be saying that no victim of sexual abuse should be looked upon at any time during their life as a role model. WOW. Talk about blaming the victim! These girls are now hopelessly tainted.

After watching this interview, I do feel a lot of empathy and understand that these girls feel re-victimized by the public release of the reports and ensuing media firestorm. That part is very sad.

That said, their parents need to take responsibility for putting them in the position to begin with. They knew these skeletons were ratting around in the depths of their family closet. I don't believe for a minute they were naive enough to not realize this was a HUGE risk when they agreed to put their family out in the public eye espousing Christian beliefs, especially fundamentalist beliefs that are intolerant of other lifestyles.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but didn't the incident with Oprah - the letter she received disclosing the molestation, immediately turned over to authorities and subsequently axed her planned interview - didn't that happen BEFORE their reality show was launched? If so, then they (Jim Bob & Michelle) should take full responsibility for what is now happening to these girls and feel terribly ashamed for putting them in this risky situation.

According to IMDB the tv show started in 2008. Prior to that there were a number of specials, the earliest one being 14 Children and Pregnant Again! in 2004, followed by various specials in 2005, 2006 and 2007.

Interestingly, in 2006 three specials aired:

16 Children and Moving In (TV Movie documentary)
Raising 16 Children (TV Movie)
On the Road with 16 Children (TV Movie)

Isn't 2006 the year the Duggars were dealing with Arkansas CPS? How on earth did they manage to get licensed, professional counseling for the family, move Josh out of the house multiple times, meet with CPS investigators and manage to keep the police report under wraps?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2285485/?ref_=tt_ov_st

wfgodot, I just have to give you a wholly off-topic shout out for the Flannery O'Connor love.

I won't watch the interview with the girls. Whether or not they have been brainwashed by the family cult, they are still the victims in this. I worry for every young girl in that family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member