AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people restrict themselves to religious only based television and printed media. Many probably feel/felt that anything to do with the Duggars is or was acceptable.

I wonder how many adults will say to children that have been sexually assaulted "see...it even happened in the Duggars home." "The Duggars forgave their relative and they are just fine."

I wonder how many will now install locks on bedroom doors and do the other things the Duggars said they did to separate the brothers from the sisters, because oh it worked for the Duggars and they are so great!

Please...please for the sake of society, take the spotlight off of this family.

The girls certainly are beautiful and well spoken.

It is going to be interesting if no shows happen.

The one sister at age 24 says that it would be no biggie. Life goes on.

They have had a darn good well to do life . Do the husbands work? I wonder if they will ever have to face a life like most people who work for a living?

I totally agree with your post, I just want to point out that I think the older duggar girls have worked their *advertiser censored**** off cooking, cleaning and parenting for jb and m.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any possibility that youthful "sexual exploration" within some religious cultures is not only condoned but might be encouraged? Since the adolescent/teen boys are not allowed to satisfy normal sexual curiosity through dating, looking at "girlie" magazines, watching *advertiser censored*, etc., is it acceptable within their culture to "explore" the private parts of their siblings? Bear with me as I attempt to explain my question.

There is a Lifetime movie called In God's Country (originally known as The Ultimate Sin) that is loosely based on the true story of Carolyn Jessop's escape from a polygamous community. While the Duggars are not involved in a polygamous religious sect, there are similarities in the way women are treated as property, the way they dress, the way they are used for the sexual pleasure of their husbands, etc. One culture focuses on populating the planet while the other encourages men to have multiple wives.

There is a disturbing scene in In God's Country during which a teenage boy fondles a 12-year-old girl telling her that he is checking "to see if things are progressing". I got the distinct impression that he felt entitled to do this to the young girl and knew there would be no punishment for his actions. The fondling becomes more intense, and the child screams as she attempts to escape the lecherous boy. Her arm is broken during the struggle. A trip to the ER results in a visit to the compound by CPS worker who is told to leave and mind her business by the sect's leader.

I realize the story is fictionalized, but it makes me wonder if boys in these religious sects feel that it is alright to violate young girls to learn about sex before they're allowed to marry. Could Josh Duggar have felt entitled to explore his sisters' private parts and knew he'd get away with it because of his status as the oldest son? If you haven't seen In God's Country, it shows up on Lifetime pretty regularly and is also available for download on several sites.

Is it fiction? I read the book a long time ago.

I know David Koresh was the" sinful Jesus" so he had young girls. I don't know if it is true, but I read a book about him and I believe it said he masturbated while giving long long sermons?

I think with a lot if these cults the leaders get to have extra women and they appear to get younger and younger.

When I was in college, a friend joined one in Tennessee .iI always wondered what happened to her.

I remember in that in there was the "four square" marriage? Where two couples joined for sex.

My friend told me this before she went off to the cult. She thought it was fine. The leader was so advanced that he deserved it.

Somehow women buy into the idea that they are there for the man's pleasure. With Michelle accepting the humping in front of her daughter it makes me wonder what the heck is acceptable.

BTW, I have adult children. We did talk to them about not getting pregnant, but we were not obsessed with males thinking that they were going to screw my daughters. Do other people obsess about that like the Duggars?

The girls certainly are beautiful and well spoken.

It is going to be interesting if no shows happen.

The one sister at age 24 says that it would be no biggie. Life goes on.

They have had a darn good well to do life . Do the husbands work? I wonder if they will ever have to face a life like most people who work for a living?

Jill's husband works in the accounting department at Walmart. Jessa's just finished community college. I don't think he is currently employed except maybe doing some work for Jim Bob.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I admit I have not read all the posts. This is a great justification for sex education. Both for the kids and parents. What happened to "playing doctor"? Did the parents know the difference. Were the girls educated to tell the first time? Did they even know it could lead to abuse? Did Josh do this because "sex" was never discussed in the home. A 14 year old boys has hormones raging. If sex was never discussed, neither Josh or the girls would know what was happening.

The girls should have been asked if Josh will be babysitting their children.

Which wedding was it that Josh did not attend?

I think he attended both weddings, but just had no role to play in one of them.

I admit I have not read all the posts. This is a great justification for sex education. Both for the kids and parents. What happened to "playing doctor"? Did the parents know the difference. Were the girls educated to tell the first time? Did they even know it could lead to abuse? Did Josh do this because "sex" was never discussed in the home. A 14 year old boys has hormones raging. If sex was never discussed, neither Josh or the girls would know what was happening.

Something must have been discussed because of the modest clothing they need to wear even swimming .

The Duggars think the kids have to be chaperoned on dates, so that means they had to be told why. Josh was engaged at 14?

Jill's husband works in the accounting department at Walmart. Jessa's just finished community college. I don't think he is currently employed except maybe doing some work for Jim Bob.

Jessa went to college?? I'd still be interested in hearing from Jana & Jinger, & the youngest one day if she's ever ready. I wonder if Ms Kelly read the full redacted report? Has anyone noticed the Fayetteville incident in it? It contradicts what there saying from time to time. I should go back & make notes but I'm losing interest in dealing with people living in alternate realities.

I have been wondering for a while what kind of education, if any, the family gives the children on these matters.

What do they tell them when they ask questions. All children are curious and it is normal to have questions about the human body and sex. The questions vary at different ages of development.

I am a firm believer in "good touch, bad touch" education stating at a early age.

The responses the Duggars have given (not that I believe them), seem to indicate that they did not discuss this with their children.

No pun intended, but they seem to teach if you cover it up enough, it's not there and therefore doesn't exist.

Is it fiction? I read the book a long time ago...

My post about the film indicates that it is loosely based on the true story of Carolyn Jessop (who wrote a book about her ordeal), but that doesn't mean that all aspects of the made-for-TV movie are accurate. My question is whether or not adolescent/teenage boys in these sex-obsessed religious cults might feel entitled to touch their sisters or other girls inappropriately as they explore their own sexuality. The scene that I described from the movie is especially disturbing to me and makes me wonder if this behavior is an acceptable practice.

Jessa went to college?? I'd still be interested in hearing from Jana & Jinger, & the youngest one day if she's ever ready. I wonder if Ms Kelly read the full redacted report? Has anyone noticed the Fayetteville incident in it? It contradicts what there saying from time to time. I should go back & make notes but I'm losing interest in dealing with people living in alternate realities.

Jessa's husband just finished community college, I think it was political science.

Wow. I watched the interview. Thanks for the link,

I wish I would have taken notes

1. Did they first say that they were not victims and later they talk about being victims?

2. Did they not say they had no idea of what hapoened but then they said that parents told them to tell all to the abuse investigators? Like what could they say? " We know nothing. " What testimony could there be when they knew nothing?

3. They were only young girls, Yet they knew Josh came back as a changed person. Yes, that is something kids can key in on.

4. They received professional licensed counseling. Um hm. When was this? Like two weeks ago?

5. They were shocked ti see themselves on the cover of a magazine. Were they shocked the other times they saw themselves on the cover of a magazine?

6. They don't feel people should look at their lives. A little late for that$$$$$$$$$$$$

7. I know people of other religions that are into modesty. I have never thought makeup was a modesty option. Interesting.

8. Excellent job of spinning! Love the fact they chose two older girls so the age difference was not so apparent between Josh and his explorations.

The older two are already married. They (Jim Bob and Michelle) still have to marry off the others. I imagine the revelation that they were molested might make that more difficult, considering the value that culture places on "purity."

^ I am hearing two simultaneous audios on both CNN links :waitasec:

My post about the film indicates that it is loosely based on the true story of Carolyn Jessop (who wrote a book about her ordeal), but that doesn't mean that all aspects of the made-for-TV movie are accurate. My question is whether or not adolescent/teenage boys in these sex-obsessed religious cults might feel entitled to touch their sisters or other girls inappropriately as they explore their own sexuality. The scene that I described from the movie is especially disturbing to me and makes me wonder if this behavior is an acceptable practice.
My understanding is that FLDS gets rid of "excess" boys. So I don't think they are encouraged or entitled. In fact extra ones are gotten rid off.

So Megyn Kelly did this interview with the family to push how wrong it was to put out the minors past. With the interview posted above I went to see if they had posted the interview with parents. On the side I notice that foxinsider has the girls interview in 3 parts yet they only put up bits and pieces of the interview with the parents. That just doesn't mesh with what Kelly claims to have been trying to do.

To the Duggars and many others that have similar beliefs, religious based counseling is considered professional counseling. It is more important to them that a organization affiliates themselves with religion, than anyone working in the organization having professional credentials.

There are many people that will get themselves involved personally and professionally with individuals and businesses simply based on said individuals and businesses stating they are "christian" without doing any research.

These blind followers are the most gullible percentage of the population IMO. They open themselves and their children up to the tremendous amount of fraud and abuse that hides behind "some" of these organization and individuals that affiliate themselves with religion for their own personal gain.

It is a parents job to teach children to use common sense and think independently, not follow others.

The Duggars miserably fail at this. They isolate and teach their children to do exactly as they have done. Two adults cannot have 19 children and meet the basic needs of all those children. There is no reality in that. It is the adults responsibility to care for those children, not just to have sex, birth them and hand them off to the other children in the home.

Now the Duggar children are following in their footsteps. They did learn a couple lessons from their parents though. Make sure the brothers and sisters are isolated from each other and locks are installed on their bedroom doors. Don't let the brothers change diapers or play hide and seek with their sisters. Don't let sisters sit on their brothers laps. Oh, and it's ok to spread lies and hate about gay and transgender people in the name of religion.

So much of what they say and do, is the exact opposite of common sense.

They should not and never should have been given a public platform. Look at all the blind followers they have/did have.

You made some very important points. From a 2012 article in Social Work Today:

Abuse Obscured in Chaotic Families
Sibling sexual abuse victims often live in dysfunctional family environments that subtly foster incestuous behaviors and are not conducive to disclosing the secret. Sibling incest appears more likely to occur in large families characterized by physical and emotional violence, marital discord, explicit and implicit sexual tensions, and blurred intrafamilial boundaries. Emotionally and/or physically absent parents may empower older siblings to assume parental roles. In short, these families are chaotic and unlikely to recognize the significance of behaviors occurring between siblings. If sexual behaviors are noticed, they are likely to be minimized and misinterpreted as a normal aspect of childhood development. Lack of adequate parental supervision provides perpetrators with ongoing opportunities to offend and protects the secret, leaving the victim vulnerable to continuing abuse (Asherman & Safier, 1990; Caffaro & Conn-Caffaro, 2005).

http://www.socialworktoday.com/archive/111312p18.shtml

More then likely sex is discussed just like how it was discussed on the golf course. Dry humping in front of your kids and then saying but you cant do this okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member